• You cannot reply to this topic

Path Of An Ultimate Story of a Dimensional Warrior

#1   Blue 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

This fan fic is a big undertaking and I've been putting a lot of thought into it so here it goes.

Chapter 0: Prelude.
    This is a story of a young man. Max Herrigan was a 17 year old, still in high school. he wasn't much to look at, fairly skinny with brown hair and thick glasses. He wasn't your typical football player or even one of the "gothic" kids. He was a gamer, fairly bland life that the most excite meant he ever saw was in a Pokemon battle. He didn't even have a job, he still relied on his parents support to pay for gas and video games. So little did he expect his life to be not only be flipped upside down, but to be torn apart and to be born again as a hero...

"Grah! I hate school!" Max flung open the house doors and went straight to his room, slamming doors as he went. He ploped down on his bed and grabbed hold of his Nintendo DS. "Why can't I escape from here, nothing ever goes right, my grades suck, and the people at school suck just as much." Max put the DS back down. He was so frustrated that he used all of his energy. "Ugh, too tired to do anything, I'm just going to take a quick nap and then maybe play a little Mario 64. He shut his eyes.

He shortly woke up to hear some one rummaging through his things. Thinking it was his father he turned around about to yell out at him. But it wasn't him. This person was far skinnier and wearing black clothing. The man almost reminded him of Sam Fisher, with green googles and technology all around him. "Who the heck are you?..." Max suddenly noticed the man was holding his DS. "Hey, you better drop that before I kick you in the crotch."

The man didn't even say a word. He pressed a button on a device attached to his belt, and suddenly electricity filled the room. Max covered his face to shield his eyes. Suddenly a bright light flashed and a blue hole formed out of no where. The man lept through the portal, taking Max's DS along with him. Max lashed out and reached for his DS, falling into the wormhole. There was nothing but a round vortex surrounding him, and it seemed as if there was no end.

Max was extremely confused. He thought he was just dreaming, but he started to feel small amount of pain in his joints. He saw ahead of him was the man who stole his DS. Max started thinking "If this is a dream, then maybe getting back my DS will allow me to wake up." Max put his arms to his side and started catching up to the mysterious thief. The man didn't even notice that Max went through after him.

Max quickly caught up to the man. He took his foot, brought it backwards and the forward, into the theifs crouch. The man dropped the DS and went into the fetal position. Max grabbed hold of his DS, but suddenly the wormhole opened up another path and swallowed him. Max was soon thrown out of the portal and landed on his back. Dazed, he lifted his head up. "Where am I?" There was then a room full of men, aiming their guns at his head. "Wrong place, wrong time pal..."

Shoot! I just realized I was in the wrong forum! >.<
    Gosh mother fluffing...
    Some one move this, hurry, I feel stupid

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:49 PM

Split unleashes Quartz! Blue is revived!

I liked your references to popular culture. The length is perfect for a quick log-in; however, I felt it was a bit too fast. You could have prolonged the intro by throwing in a slightly drawn-out event, rather than just describing him. But anyway, I'd be interested to see where this goes.

#3   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:54 AM

Yay for gaming fiction! I like the setup and I can see that this is going to be interesting.

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

#5   Folcon 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
            • AKA escout

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

sooo, when's the next chapter?

#6   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

Crap, I thought this was dead. O.o
              I'll get to it in the morning then.

#7   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

Chapter 1: How I learned to hate government.

Max was staring into the ceiling of his barracks. His mind on things past. He remembered the day that he first arrived into the unknown world. I wish I was in a school now… He rolled on his poor excuse for a bed to survey the dark room. He saw pictures of his unit celebrating victories. Smiles and cups of beer. Guns raised in the air. It hasn’t always been that way. Max wasn’t nearly ready for an army life. Back home, he always joked about how he wouldn’t even been able to pass the physical. Unfortunately, the new realm was short on soldiers and were desperate.

That was 3 months ago. Reflecting on that day, Max shut his eyes. They were all a group of paranoid soldiers, expecting the next bomb shell to decimate them. Their guns pointing at him, Max remembers that feeling of fear, fearing that his life was going to end then and there, No one to remember him, none of his family to burry him. He thought he was just going to die and be a number in the war casualties. They searched him and brought him to be tortured. He was crying uncontrollably within the first few minutes. They looked upon him with sorrow and pity. Then they saw that they needed extra soldiers, and threw him into training.

1 month later they put him into a unit and he was on his way for war. The world had weapons that looked different, but fired the same bullets as his realm. The enemy on the other hand, was completely different. The government that was in charge of the land had forcefully taken over other countries using bionic enhanced soldiers. In charge of all of this was a man by the name of Bart Trillion. He forced himself to the top using his nanotech company to corrupt men to do his will.

The rest of the time, Max has been fighting to stay alive in the foreign planet. He’s saved his team from a few skirmishes. He’s got a few odd medals for different things. He kept it next to some of the things he had from home. His Linkin Park wallet he got on his birthday, a now useless cell phone, and currency that the others were intrigued by. The one thing he kept by his side that wasn’t from this world was what he thought was his DS. The thing was, it was always on, never ran out of power, and it was all in a foreign tongue. Even the menu screen was completely different.

“Max.” A soldier on a bed next to him turned over to him. “You still can’t get any sleep?”
                Max let out a sigh. “Johnson, I haven’t slept right in three months. Even if tomorrow is suppose to be the biggest battle of this war…”

#8   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                  • AKA escout

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

interesting, keep it coming.

#9   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, its probably not as good as it could be. My head is foggy cuz I'm sick.

#10   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA escout

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

Get well soon. :unsure:

#11   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

I'm getting Chapter 2 ready. I'll probably have it posted late tonight.

#12   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                          • AKA Spam King

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

About time. What does this have to do with the intro anyway? Guess you're building up to some plot twist, eh Bluey-boy?

#13   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

Oh trust me, you won't even see it coming.

#14   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

Chapter 2: Bunker life

“Alright! Time for you ladies to get your lazy asses out of those beds and meet in the tactical room at 06 hours!” Sergeant Briggs opened up the door suddenly and turned on the lights. All the men in the room groaned and complained, except Max, who just leaped out of bed and began getting dressed. Briggs slammed the door shut to make sure the rest of the group. Johnson got up lazily. His features were better marked by the light of the room. Tall, thin, with dark hair. He was the laziest of the group. “Max, why are you always the first one to get ready. It’s not a good thing to be a brow..”

Max threw a bar of soap and hit Johnson in the face. “Don’t finish that sentence. Faster I can dress the faster I can get to the meeting. Faster I get there the faster its over. Faster its over the faster I can get out and start killing those freaks. Faster I kill them the faster the war is over. Faster the war is over, the faster I can…” Max slammed the locker his clothes were in and walked out.

“Damn, what’s his problem?” Lenny yelled out. He was another fellow soldier. An A-typical blonde man, rugged looks, and full of himself. “He’s not the only one of us who wants this all to end fast.” Lenny sluggishly got out of his bed and headed towards his locker. Johnson shrugged. “I don’t know, some times that boy has a stick up his ass and other times he’s really loose. Just don’t piss him off. I don’t know what they did to him in training, but he’s one crazy son of a ***** out on the field.”

Lenny pushed his hair back in a sarcastic motion. “He doesn’t scare me. He’s just some geek they pulled out of some city.” One of the other soldiers popped their head out of a locker. “I heard he made a special request to be allowed to care a short sword for melee combat.” Johnson rolled his eyes.
                              “Another weapon request? This one is going to get shot down for sure.”

Five minutes later the whole squad was in the meeting room. Men and woman were sitting at a long table. The room was extremely bland, with the only exception of the map of the battlefield. Everyone was having small conversations. Max was staring around the room while Johnson was telling him about his family. “Johnson, I do not want to be set up with your sister when the war is over, blind dates are scary.”
                              Johnson frowned. “Come on, she would be perfect for you. If you did, I would see if my family would let you stay awhile till you find a place of your own.” Max’s expression went blank. Its actually a tempting offer. Its not like I have anywhere to go after the war.

Suddenly the door busted open. Sergeant Briggs came in and walked to the end of the table. “Listen up you maggots, today is your lucky day. Were joining forces with the special ops to bring this war to an end…”

#15   Toasty 

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:19 AM

Good! Now keep writing, this is getting interesting. And not to mention, it isn't half bad either. But it almost feels as if I'm already 20 chapters into the story. You didn't really explain much in the beginning.

#16   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA escout

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:46 AM

so stories are like that Toast, they just start by throwing you into the action. Anyway, its looking good Blue, keep it up and get up the next chapter as soon as you can.

#17   Toasty 

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

I know that. I've read/watched quite a few that are like that, but it's hard to pull off right. I was just suggesting that he should stretch it out a bit and give some more detail.

#18   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

After work tonight I'll start up on the next chapter. It should be up tomorrow.

#19   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                        • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                        • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

its tomorrow, where is the next chapter.

#20   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:23 AM

Chapter 3
                                          We’re going down

“Ok ladies, here’s the plan. We’ve been pushing back those mechanical freaks for a month now, and Special Op’s has discovered something. They found an old abandoned mine shaft. They sent a scout down there and he uncovered that it leads directly under Trillion’s base of operation. We assume he doesn’t know about it, since there wasn’t any security measures present.” The Sergeant started walking around the giant map of the area. It wasn’t very detailed, just the basics. Looked almost like a white board. Sergeant then stopped at a corner of the map and picked up a stick. “Here’s the mission. Special ops wants us to create a diversion, were getting all the divisions behind us on this one. ..” He then went into detail about formations and other war-like tactics. Well, sounds like some one is actually doing something in this army. “… Then the covert op’s are going to enter the mines and follow it down to the designated area. Course, you don’t need to hear any of this. Now get moving! This plan is being implemented in a few hours, I want everyone prepared for this!”

Everyone stood up and rushed out of the door. “Not so fast Max! I need a word with you.” Max turned around and stood straight. “Yes sir!”
                                          “At ease soldier. I need you to take a seat.” Briggs face became a little relaxed for once. Max sat down quickly. “I’ve got a special assignment for you.”
                                          “Special assignment? What’s going on sir?” Max was surprised, he never did anything that would be considered special. “The special op’s team has ran low on a few members, and they asked me to select the best soldier out of my squad’s to assist them. I’ve chosen you for the job.”
                                          “Me? Wait, there has to be better…” Max thought about it for a second. “Nope, never mind, made a good decision there.” Briggs cracked a smile.
                                          “I know I did son. You’ll be meeting up with special agent Red Fox in an hour. She’ll meet you in the barracks. Just wait there for her. Your dismissed.” Max got up and saluted.
                                          “It’s been an honor to serve under you sir.”
                                          “As it’s been to command you.” He saluted back. Max then walked out of the door. Johnson was waiting, leaning against the wall. "What was that all about." Max came up to him and patted him on the shoulder.
                                          "Guess I won't get the last horah with you." He then walked on towards the barracks.

#21   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:29 AM

Oh dear, we'll be well into 2009 before this is finished.

#22   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

:)
                                              Who knows, I did already start woking on Chapter 4. Though, it is a long ass story.

#23   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA escout

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

View PostBlue, on May 28 2007, 05:49 PM, said:

After work tonight I'll start up on the next chapter. It should be up tomorrow.

So much for that statment.

#24   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

Chapter 4
                                                  Red Fox

“Well, it’s been about an hour, guess she’ll be coming soon.” Max was laying down on his bed, he had what he now called his FDS, or Fake DS. “The hell is wrong with this thing? It doesn’t even have the slots for games on it anymore. I can’t read any of this nonsense on here..” He fiddled with it before, but it wouldn’t react to anything he did. “This sucks.”
                                                  “Hello? Anyone in here?” It was the sound of a woman, very soft sounding. Max almost didn’t hear it.
                                                  “Uh, yeah! I’m over here.” He got up quickly and then saw her. She had tight black clothing on with what looked like armor on her shoulders, with long bright red hair and green eyes. “Are you Max?”
                                                  Max didn’t know what to say at first. “Y-yeah, I’m Max. You must be Red Fox.” She giggled.
                                                  “The one and only. I’m here to tell you about the mission. But first we have to get you new equipment.”
                                                  She snapped her fingers and another covert-ops member came through the door with a box of clothes and some weapons. He placed it right in front of Max and walked out. “Whoa.” Max looked through the new equipment.

“That’s not all.” Red Fox put her hand to her side and took off a long slender bag off of her belt. “You have had some interesting weapon’s request, but now that your part of the covert-op’s, you can actually carry a special request weapon. We picked your last entry.” She untied the bag and reached inside. It was a katana, midsized, with a blue wooden sheath and a blue wrapped handle. The guard was in the design of a dragon. “Wow, I didn’t think I would actually get anything I requested.” Max looked in awe as Red Fox handed it to him. He held out his hands and took it carefully. “Now, everyone in the team goes by a code name, until this war is over, that is their one and only name. As you already probably have guess, Red Fox is mine, and since I’m the squad leader, it is up to me to come up with your code name.” She looked up and started thinking. “Oh, I know the perfect name.” She pointed to the sword. “The Blue Warrior. Fitting isn’t it?” She smiled and crossed her arms.
                                                  “Heh, perfect.” Max couldn’t help but smirk.
                                                  “Ok, you only have a few minutes, suit up and meet me outside.”
                                                  “Yes ma’am.” Max saluted. Red Fox saluted back and turned to the door and walked out.
                                                  “Hmm, Blue Warrior huh? I like it.”

#25   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                    • AKA escout

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

cool, next chapter soon please.

#26   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:19 PM

Writing it up. I feel like writing for some reason. xD

#27   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

cool. Hmm, maybe I should work on mine a little.

#28   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Location:Chandler, AZ

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

Chapter 5
                                                          Tight Spaces

“These clothes aren’t as tight as I thought they would be.” Max pushed open the doors open. In front of him was then scene of the last fight. Most of the buildings in the area had been destroyed, but the military found a suitable structure to house a few squads. Walking out he saw Red Fox and other cover-op’s waiting. “Ok, there’s no time for real introductions here. Squad! Welcome our new member, Blue Warrior.” They all saluted at the same time. Max saluted back casually. “Alright, lets get moving. Blue, bring up the rear and follow me so I can fill you in on the situation.” Red Fox made a motion with her hands and the rest of the group ran off in a line to the east. Red Fox leapt and started running as well, “Keep up with me Blue!”
                                                          “W-wait up!” He charged off behind the rest of the group.

“Red, what’s our mission?” Finally catching up to her after awhile, Max was breathing a little fast.
                                                          “Well, the mine that Briggs mentioned before leads right under Trillions base of operations, Trillion Enterprises. We’re going to use our demolition experts to blast under it and infiltrate it. You old squad and the rest of the army is going in to draw out his forces, so there won’t be that much resistance once we get in.” She wasn’t even looking back at Max while she was talking.
                                                          “Sounds pretty basic, and the mine, he doesn’t know about it?” Max was a little suspicious, from only being in this realm for 3 months, this Bart seemed more intelligent to have built his mine on top of it. “Well, from what we gathered, he ‘knows’ about it, but doesn’t know that we know about it, and he left in unsecured.”

Soon everyone stopped at a small opening in the ground. “Here we are.” Red Fox began tying a rope to a steel beam sticking out of the ground and through the rest of it into the hole. “One at a time, go!” The soldiers began to take the rope and slide down into the open pit. One after another, until it was Max and Red Fox’s turn to go. “I’ll go first, come down after a few seconds.” She grabbed hold of the rope and slid right down. “Ok, small tight, dark places, here I come.” He took the rope and jumped into the hole. After a few seconds he touched down onto moist dirt. Others already had torches readied . “Ok, lets move out.” They all ran towards the dark of the mine.

#29   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

Mind if I point out errors?

View PostBlue, on Sep 21 2007, 04:44 PM, said:

Chapter 5
                                                            Tight Spaces

“These clothes aren’t as tight as I thought they would be.” Max pushed open the doors open. In front of him was then scene of the last fight. Most of the buildings in the area had been destroyed, but the military found a suitable structure to house a few squads. Walking out he saw Red Fox and other cover-op’s waiting. “Ok, there’s no time for real introductions here. Squad! Welcome our new member, Blue Warrior.” They all saluted at the same time. Max saluted back casually. “Alright, lets get moving. Blue, bring up the rear and follow me so I can fill you in on the situation.” Red Fox made a motion with her hands and the rest of the group ran off in a line to the east. Red Fox leapt and started running as well, “Keep up with me Blue!”
                                                            “W-wait up!” He charged off behind the rest of the group.

“Red, what’s our mission?” Finally catching up to her after awhile, Max was breathing a little fast.
                                                            “Well, the mine that Briggs mentioned before leads right under Trillions base of operations, Trillion Enterprises. We’re going to use our demolition experts to blast under it and infiltrate it. You old squad and the rest of the army is going in to draw out his forces, so there won’t be that much resistance once we get in.” She wasn’t even looking back at Max while she was talking.
                                                            “Sounds pretty basic, and the mine, he doesn’t know about it?” Max was a little suspicious, from only being in this realm for 3 months, this Bart seemed more intelligent to have built his mine on top of it. “Well, from what we gathered, he ‘knows’ about it, but doesn’t know that we know about it, and he left in unsecured.”

Soon everyone stopped at a small opening in the ground. “Here we are.” Red Fox began tying a rope to a steel beam sticking out of the ground and through the rest of it into the hole. “One at a time, go!” The soldiers began to take the rope and slide down into the open pit. One after another, until it was Max and Red Fox’s turn to go. “I’ll go first, come down after a few seconds.” She grabbed hold of the rope and slid right down. “Ok, small tight, dark places, here I come.” He took the rope and jumped into the hole. After a few seconds he touched down onto moist dirt. Others already had torches readied . “Ok, lets move out.” They all ran towards the dark of the mine.

#30   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Joined: 18-July 05

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

Chapter 6
                                                              Big Bang

“Ok, were here at the target site.” Everyone stopped and turned to Red Fox. “Bug Eyes! Prep the explosives.” A man with large glasses pulled out a pack and pulled out some large packs of what looked like C-4. “Everyone else, get back, this is going to be one large explosion.” Everyone bolted towards the back of the tunnel. They waited a few moments and saw Bug Eye’s running towards them. “We got a few seconds!” He said loudly. Suddenly there was a large explosion that shook the mine. Small rocks started falling from the ceiling while dust came rushing through. As soon as the shaking and the dust subsided, Red Fox rose her hand. “Dark Shadow, recon, see if we got through.” A man with his face wrapped in a black cloth nodded and dashed towards the blast site. “Wow, that guys fast.” Max scratched the back of his head. Moment later the man returned. “We’re all the way through, we better hurry, the alarm is already gone off.”
                                                              Red Fox turned to the rest of the group. “Alright, lets move!” Everyone ran towards the new hole they blew right into what looked like an office building. “Golem, give everyone a boost up!” Red turned to a large, very built man. “Yes ma’am!” He rushed ahead of everyone, turned around and got on his knees right under the hole.

“Go! Go! Go!” Red was shouting at the top of her lungs. Dark Shadow was the first to Golem, he placed his foot in his hands. Golem hurtled him through the hole. Soon everyone was getting launched into the building. “Blue, your next!” Max looked over and nodded. He charged at Golem who was ready for him. He jumped into Golems hand. Next moment he was flying through the hole and landed on tile. He looked behind him to see that the explosion had also created a small barrier. “That’s handy.” Max joined the rest of the team. Red Fox followed through the hole. Golem jumped and grabbed the ledge and pulled himself up. Soon there were soldiers coming through the hallway and began firing. “Take cover!” Red yelled as everyone ducked behind the barrier. “Half of you stay here and take care of those men, the rest of you come with me!” She looked over in Max’s general direction, which meant that he was the second half. Aw man, I wanted some action. He followed behind her, with Bug Eye’s and Golem as the rest stayed behind.

They soon came to a door out of the hallway. “Planned perfectly, this is Trillions room.” Red motioned to Golem. He nodded and pulled his arm back. He swung with full force and knocked the door right open. They jumped in, only to be met by a row of soldiers. “Get back!” Red yelled. They dived back behind the doors as the soldiers opened fire. “****! Wasn’t expecting that!” She pulled out a machine gun, similar to an SMG. “Prepare to return fire!” Max pulled out two pistols as Bug Eye’s reached in his bag and got a .45 revolver. Golem took out of an RPG launcher off from his back. “Golem, when your ready!” Red leaned her back against the wall. Golem nodded and loaded the rocket. He stood up with the RPG over his shoulder and kicked the door out of the way. As he fired, the rocket streamed out of the barrel, right into the middle of the row. Machine and body parts flew every where as the explosion ripped through the nanotech soldiers. “Now!” Red Fox, Max, and Bug Eyes turned into the room and picked off the rest of the men. Bullets whizzed by Max’s head as he took out two men. The sounds of his pistol merged with the rapid fire of Red’s machine gun, and the loud bangs of Bug Eye’s revolver. Then it all stopped, as the last nanotech soldier fell to the floor. Max turned back around to see if Golem was ok. He was sitting on the ground, holding his shoulder. “Golem, you going to be ok?” He looked up and gave a thumbs up. Max smirked and then turned around to look for Bart. “Is he even in here?” Suddenly the sound of hands clapping emerged from the smoke.

#31   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

cool! Can't wait for the next.

#32   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                  • Posts: 11,279
                                                                  • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                                  • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

escout's not doing his job. XD

View PostBlue, on Sep 22 2007, 11:57 AM, said:

Chapter 6
                                                                  Big Bang

“Ok, were here at the target site.” Everyone stopped and turned to Red Fox. “Bug Eyes! Prep the explosives.” A man with large glasses pulled out a pack and pulled out some large packs of what looked like C-4. “Everyone else, get back, this is going to be one large explosion.” Everyone bolted towards the back of the tunnel. They waited a few moments and saw Bug Eye’s running towards them. “We got a few seconds!” He said loudly. Suddenly there was a large explosion that shook the mine. Small rocks started falling from the ceiling while dust came rushing through. As soon as the shaking and the dust subsided, Red Fox rose her hand. “Dark Shadow, recon, see if we got through.” A man with his face wrapped in a black cloth nodded and dashed towards the blast site. “Wow, that guys fast.” Max scratched the back of his head. Moment later the man returned. “We’re all the way through, we better hurry, the alarm is already gone off.
                                                                  Red Fox turned to the rest of the group. “Alright, lets move!” Everyone ran towards the new hole they blew right into what looked like an office building. “Golem, give everyone a boost up!” Red turned to a large, very built man. “Yes ma’am!” He rushed ahead of everyone, turned around and got on his knees right under the hole.

“Go! Go! Go!” Red was shouting at the top of her lungs. Dark Shadow was the first to Golem, he placed his foot in his hands. Golem hurtled him through the hole. Soon everyone was getting launched into the building. “Blue, your next!” Max looked over and nodded. He charged at Golem who was ready for him. He jumped into Golems hand. Next moment he was flying through the hole and landed on tile. He looked behind him to see that the explosion had also created a small barrier. “That’s handy.” Max joined the rest of the team. Red Fox followed through the hole. Golem jumped and grabbed the ledge and pulled himself up. Soon there were soldiers coming through the hallway and began firing. “Take cover!” Red yelled as everyone ducked behind the barrier. “Half of you stay here and take care of those men, the rest of you come with me!” She looked over in Max’s general direction, which meant that he was the second half. Aw man, I wanted some action. He followed behind her, with Bug Eye’s and Golem as the rest stayed behind.

They soon came to a door out of the hallway. “Planned perfectly, this is Trillions room.” Red motioned to Golem. He nodded and pulled his arm back. He swung with full force and knocked the door right open. They jumped in, only to be met by a row of soldiers. “Get back!” Red yelled. They dived back behind the doors as the soldiers opened fire. “****! Wasn’t expecting that!” She pulled out a machine gun, similar to an SMG. “Prepare to return fire!” Max pulled out two pistols as Bug Eye’s reached in his bag and got a .45 revolver. Golem took out of an RPG launcher off from his back. “Golem, when your ready!” Red leaned her back against the wall. Golem nodded and loaded the rocket. He stood up with the RPG over his shoulder and kicked the door out of the way. As he fired, the rocket streamed out of the barrel, right into the middle of the row. Machine and body parts flew every where as the explosion ripped through the nanotech soldiers. “Now!” Red Fox, Max, and Bug Eyes turned into the room and picked off the rest of the men. Bullets whizzed by Max’s head as he took out two men. The sounds of his pistol merged with the rapid fire of Red’s machine gun, and the loud bangs of Bug Eye’s revolver. Then it all stopped, as the last nanotech soldier fell to the floor. Max turned back around to see if Golem was ok. He was sitting on the ground, holding his shoulder. “Golem, you going to be ok?” He looked up and gave a thumbs up. Max smirked and then turned around to look for Bart. “Is he even in here?” Suddenly the sound of hands clapping emerged from the smoke.

I'm a lot more picky than most. So watch out.

#33   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 5,429
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:12 AM

Hey guys, can you please PM me these corrections instead of posting them here? It'll help with being able to scroll through the pages.

#34   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to correct you in the first place?

#35   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:19 PM

Chapter 7

The wall in the back had rolled away, and there was a single light aimed right at a man. Standing at only about 5 feet, he was dressed in a formal outfit, like a business man. “I have to congratulate you. I never could have foreseen such a tactic. Allow me to award your efforts.” He stepped aside and pressed a button on a remote he was holding. Suddenly lights flashed on behind him, revealing a large bio-mechanical man. “Have fun.” The man walked behind his behemoth and through a door.

The creature smiled and pulled up a very large chain gun. “Oh man, everyone take cover!” Max jumped for cover with the rest of the group. They dived behind some debris from the RPG blast as the creature began firing. “Crap! What are we going to do? He’s got us covered.” Max tried to look over, but their was too many bullets flying above them. Golem reached into his bag and pulled out a grenade launcher. Loading a few shots into it, he came out of the right side of the debris and fired a round or two, before being taken down by the gun. “NO! Golem!” The creature took a few steps back and started firing again. Bug Eyes, looking back between Golem and the creature, held up his Magnum. “You *******!” Coming from the left, Bug Eye’s dove and fired 5 shots into the chest of the beast. Soon though, Bug Eye fell to the floor, lifeless. “No!” Red Fox reached for him, but Max held her back. “Let me go!”
                                                                        “Don’t Red! You’ll just get killed!” Suddenly the gun fire died down. “He’s out of ammo? Now Red!”
                                                                        Standing up, Red and Max fired into the creature. Max’s fire went straight into the right knee cap while Red Fox’s went into the left. He roared and fell straight down. Red ran over towards Bug Eye’s body. “Bugs, can you hear me? Say something!” Max went around the debris towards the creature. Writhing and yelling in pain, it was hurting his ears. He walked right in front of it’s head. Without blinking, he raised one of his pistols and fired it into the skull. It stopped yelling in an instant.

“Red, if you can, stay here and call the rest of the covert op’s here.” He put his pistols away and walked towards the door. “Blue, what are you doing?” He opened the door and turned back around.
                                                                        “I’m ending this war.”

#36   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                          • AKA Spam King

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

Wow, looks like you actually read through that one. Bravo!

#37   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • Posts: 4,114
                                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:48 PM

Cool. Hope the next chapter is up soon.

#38   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

Chapter 8
                                                                              Time’s up

Max was walking through a poorly lit hallway. He was contemplating back between the destruction behind him, and the man that caused it. “Despite the fact that I didn’t know those two men well, they were good soldiers, they shouldn’t have had to die.” He picked up his pace as he saw a door approaching. “Almost there.” As he reached the door, he stopped and kicked it open, drawing his guns at the same instance. When the door broke open, he held his pistols up at the man sitting across the room. He was behind the desk, with a name plate on it. “Bart Trillion aye?”

“Yes, it is the one and only. If I may be so brave to ask for your name?” He said it in more of a mocking tone than anything else. “Heh, you can call me Blue Warrior.”
                                                                              “Ah, one of those silly covert op names hmm? Well then, how about I just call you ‘Blue’?” He turned his chair to face the window behind him. “Doesn’t matter what you call me, it’s not going to change why I’m here.” Max put one of the pistols away.
                                                                              “Oh, are you going to turn me in?” He spun back around and put his hands on the desk.
                                                                              “Nope, going to kill you, despicable *******.” He aimed the gun right at his head.
                                                                              “Oh no my young friend, it will be you who dies.” He reached under his desk and pressed a button. Suddenly the wall panels next to Max fell off to revel electrical coils. Shortly after the coils released an electrical current between each other, going through Max’s body. Bart pressed the button again and it stopped. “Ah, fell into my little devious trap boy.” Max fell to the ground, but he caught himself with his hands before he fell down all the way. I… I should be dead… what saved me? He could hear a faint beeping noise in one of his pockets. What’s going on with my DS?

“Odd, you should be dead…” Bart got out of his chair and walked over to the weakened Max. “I’ll just finish you off with your own gun.” Max looked over to see that his gun had fallen out of his hand, but he couldn’t summon the strength to pick it up. “Aw, look at how pathetic you look. You probably could have made a good soldier, too bad using nanites would destroy your personality.” He picked up the gun and put it to the head of Max. “Any last words?” The beeping got a little louder. “Hmm, what is that? Is that a bomb? You little ****! I had a plan to get out of here but you ruined it now!” He ****ed the gun back. “Time for you to die!”
                                                                              “No!” Max gathered as much strength as he could and knocked the gun out of Bart’s hand. He stood up and pulled out his sword. Bart was too shock to do anything, he wasn’t sure what to do. Max pulled back and then drove the sword through Bart’s throat. He reeled back and coughed up blood all over, as the blood from his neck covered his suit. He stumbled behind his desk, trying to find another button. Max ran over to him and grabbed the sword. “You’ve done enough, your time is over.” He held to the sword with a firm grip, then kicked Bart off of it. The force of the kick sent Bart out of the window behind him, falling into a group of fighting soldiers.

Just then, Red Fox came running into the room. “Blue!” Max looked over to her.
                                                                              “It’s over. He’s dead.” Red Fox smiled.
                                                                              “Finally, all these long hard years.” She started walking over to Max. He smiled, but then suddenly there was a loud buzzing sound. “What the…?” There soon was a bright light that came from him. Red Fox covered her eyes. After a moment she took her hands from her eyes. Max Herrigan had disappeared.

#39   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

Nice, so now Max gets to go somewhere else now.

#40   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

Yep. The next "Arch" is shorter than this one.

#41   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • AKA escout

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

Cool, hope to see it soon.

#42   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Chapter 9
                                                                                      The next step

The blinding light subsided. Max eye’s were closed as he fell to his hands and knees. He vomited on the ground. He stopped and wiped his mouth against his sleeve. He put his hand back on the ground. “Wait. This isn’t the cold floor of the office building…” He gripped his hand and pulled out some grass. “What in the hell?” He opened his eyes to look at it. Then he lifted his head up and looked around. Standing up quickly he discovered that the scenery had changed. He wasn’t in a building anymore, he was on an open plain. He noticed a mountain off in the distance. “This… this isn’t real. This can’t be happening. I was suppose to wake up from this dream. I’m suppose to go home!” He kicked the ground, throwing up dirt.

“Great, out in the middle of no where now. Where the hell am I suppose to go?” Max walked about a foot and sat down. “This is lovely.” He was sitting down for a moment, when he started to feel a little bit of trembling. “Eh? What’s going on?” The trembling grew stronger and stronger. “Oh no, don’t tell me I’m going to be in the middle of an earthquake? At least I’m in the middle of this field.” Suddenly off in the distance the side of the mountain exploded. “Holy hell!” The ground was shaking violently at this point. Max tried to stand up, but it was difficult to maintain his balance. He almost fell back over, but he took his sword and planted it firmly into the ground. “Got it.” As he stood back up, he could hear the whistling of an on coming object. He looked up quickly. Suddenly a rock struck him against his head, and he fell right back over.

His eye’s opened up to see body fluid, as if he was looking inside some one. The view looked over past the lungs, where there was a dark mass. It turned around, it’s cold red eyes staring back. It lunged forward with large fangs. “Ahhh!” Max woke up and his upper body lifted forward. He was breathing hard and deep. He looked around and saw he was in a room. It looked like it was made using wood. He looked up to see that the roof was thatched. An older woman walked into the room, wearing a white gown. “Shh, it’s ok, your alright now.” She came over and sat on a stool next to him. Pouring him a glass of water, she handed it to him slowly. “Here, drink up young man.” Max took the glass and drank the water in a few seconds. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. “Where am I?” Asking softly.

“Your in a small village, its quite a ways from where we found you. Luckily we were just coming back from getting supplies in another town. We found you out in the open area, you were unconscious laying next to a sword. Were you fighting something off?”
                                                                                      “No, I was trying to keep myself balanced when the mountain exploded.” Max raised his hand to where he was hit. “Got hit by a rock that came off of it I guess.”
                                                                                      “Well, no worries, you can stay here and rest up.” In the hallway a few girls had started to ease drop. They opened the door and giggled a little. Max heard them and looked around. He then looked down and noticed that the clothes he was wearing weren’t his. “Gah! What happened to my clothes?!”
                                                                                      “Oh that, don’t worry. I examined you to see if you received any other injuries. None of the girls were in here at the time.” She said in a calming voice. “All of your things are over here. I suggest you get some rest now.” She got up off the stool and headed out the door. “We’ll bring you food in the morning. By the way, my name is Mary.”
                                                                                      “Oh, my name is Max, Max Herrigan.” Max replied. She smiled and closed the door.

#43   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

Nicely written. Keep up the good work young author.

#44   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

Chapter 10
                                                                                          Daylight

Max woke to the sun light warming his face. He opened his eyes to see a young woman looking over him. “Oh, I’m sorry, did I wake you?”
                                                                                          “No, sun light got my attention.” Max rubbed his eyes a little and sat up.
                                                                                          “I’m sorry, I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced. My name is Anna.” She spoke softly.
                                                                                          “My name is Max.” He stretched his arm’s out while opening his mouth to yawn.
                                                                                          “Oh, Mary had to go run some errands, so she placed me in charge of looking over you.” Anna seemed kind of shy, and a little nervous.
                                                                                          “I appreciate it. I am actually starting to feel better now.” Max touched the spot on his head gently. It seemed like it had already healed. “Yes, we were amazed at how fast it healed. Mary said that if you were feeling up to it, I can show you around the village. Oh! I almost forgot about breakfast! I’ll be right back.” Anna hurried off out of the room. Max blinked and stared for a moment. “She’s strangely nervous for some reason. I wonder why.” Max turned to his right to see that there was a glass of water on the stand next to him. “Ah, that was nice of them to leave me a cup.” He scooted over to the side of the bed. He held his hand out to reach for it, but he couldn’t get close enough. “Aw, come on, I want that water.” Suddenly the cup slid into his hand. “…huh?” He took it and studied it carefully. “That was odd, I wonder if I tipped the table towards my hand.”

“Here you go.” Anna came back into the room with a tray in her hands. On it was a plate of biscuits and slices of ham. “Thank you, this whole ordeal has left me with an appetite.” Max put the cup aside as Anna gave him the tray. He took it from her and laid it on his lap. “I really appreciate all of this.” He said with a smile. “Oh, its no trouble at all.” Anna began to blush softly. “If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a few things to clean in the kitchen.” She walked off, almost knocking a vase off of a table.
                                                                                          “Huh, I wonder why she was off in such a hurry.” Max took one of the biscuits and stuffed it into his mouth. “Mmm, this is pretty good.”

After eating Max got out of the bed. Next to him was a chair with new clothes. “Ah, I guess this will be better to fit in with the people here.” He started getting undress out of the medical clothes he was in. As he was redressing, he started looking back at what happened. “If I keep hopping around like that, I’m probably going to go crazy.” He finished putting on the new clothes quickly. He looked over at his other things to see the sword and the DS next to each other. “Hmmm, I wonder where my pistols went off to.” He took the sword and tied it around his waist. He then saw a bag where his covert op clothes were. “That’ll be handy to hold the DS, or whatever the hell it is.” He tied the bag on the other side of his waist and stored the DS in there. He found a mirror and took a look at himself. The clothes reminded him of what they wore in movies like King Arthur. “Hmm, this world is much farther back in time then the other one.”

There was a knock on the door and Anna peaked her head through. “Oh, I see you put on the new clothes we gave you. Are you ready to see the village?” Max turned and nodded.
                                                                                          “Yeah, I could use a good walk.”

#45   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

Cool. May the nex chapter come soon.

#46   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

Chapter 11
                                                                                              The Breaks

“Over there is the food storage, and that building next to it is where we prepare it to trade with the bigger towns.” Anna and Max were walking side by side, as she was pointing out various things in the village. Max was listening intently as her finger went to one structure to the next. A small breeze picked up and brushed against Max’s face. It cooled him down a little as there wasn’t much shade in the village. “Oh, here’s a nice little bakery. I visit it often. The bread is really good.” Anna looked around. “Well, that’s about it I suppose. Not a lot here honestly.” She sounded a little depressed.
                                                                                              “It’s a nice place. Lot nicer then the last place I was at.” Max thought back to the war torn world he left not too long ago. Anna saw the look on his face. “Good thing we found you when we did.” She smiled wide, trying to cheer Max up. He smiled back. “Yeah, I’m pretty lucky.” They continued to walk on towards the outskirts of the village. “Oh, this is about where the village stop and open country starts. Nothing much out there really, well, besides the monsters.”
                                                                                              “Monsters? that’s not very safe.” Max wasn’t sure what to think about what Anna just said. In his mind, monsters only existed in bad horror movies.

“Oh don’t worry, they never come into town. If they did though, we have plenty of men here who can take care of it.” She looked over to one of the buildings. There were clashing of sword’s within.
                                                                                              “Huh, must be some sort of dojo.” Max scratched the back of his head. He was thinking of maybe joining them some time. “I could use a little training with this thing.” He put his hand on the handle of the sword.
                                                                                              The breeze began to pick up noticeably. “Hmm, I wonder if there is a storm coming.” Anna walked forward a little and looked out to the distance. There wasn’t any visible clouds around. “That’s strange.” Max walked next to Anna and looked around carefully. He noticed a strand of electricity floating in the middle of the air. “What is that?” Max pointed over to it.
                                                                                              “I, I don’t know.” Anna looked confused, trying to think if she’s seen such a thing. As they were looking at it, the strand grew longer. After a minute there was a loud bang as the wind started whirling around. A bright light flashed from the ground to where the strand reached to. Two bright discs appeared. “What’s going on!?” Anna yelled, frightened by the sight. “I don’t know!” But Max had a feeling of what it was.

After a moment a midsized airship came through the portal. As the wind was blowing fast, the back end of the ship opened up and a group of men came swarming out. They lined up in a row, all with guns at their sides. Two more men came out the back with their weapons drawn and ran towards Max. They started shouting something in another language. “What? What are you saying?!” Max couldn’t understand what they were saying. “Max, I’m scared, what’s going on?!” Anna was petrified.
                                                                                              “Get behind me Anna!” Max stood directly in front of her. He didn’t know what was going to happen.
                                                                                              “…ome with us!” Max looked over at one of the soldiers. “Wait, what?”
                                                                                              “I said, come with us! Now!” He pointed the gun up at Max.
                                                                                              “Why! What’s going on!?” Max was getting angry with these people.
                                                                                              “Your under arrest for cross-dimensional terrorism.” The other soldier talked in a calmer voice.
                                                                                              “Cross-dimensional terrorism? What the hell does that mean.” Max now was too confused to be angry.
                                                                                              “Look, we need to take you in. We promise not to hurt anyone.” The soldier put his gun away. He motioned to the other one to do the same. He was a little reluctant, but he eventually did the same.
                                                                                              “Ok, I’ll go.” Max understood now that this could become dangerous for the village if he refused. “Anna, sorry, I have to cut my visit short.” Max walked towards the men.
                                                                                              “I’m sorry, we have to put you in restraints.” The soldier pulled out some interesting looking hand cuffs.
                                                                                              “I understand.” Max turned around and put his hands behind himself. They cuffed him quickly and escorted him back onto the ship. The rest of the men went back in behind Max, and shortly after, the ship closed up and took off into the portal.

#47   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                • AKA Spam King

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

Stupid futuristic legal system!

#48   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                  • AKA escout

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

Seriously. So, he gonna get the snot beat out of him. Or is Max going to join these guys.

#49   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

Chapter 12
                                                                                                    Impossible readings

It wasn’t nearly as bad as what happened when he arrived in the first realm. They had to put a bag over Max’s head so he couldn’t see where he was going. He noticed when the ship left the portal after a small shock. After a minute they escorted him around. Soon they removed the bag over and Max found himself in a large lab. “We just need to run a few tests.” A man in a white lab coat came over to him.
                                                                                                    “What for?” Max was thinking this was going to be another interrogation.
                                                                                                    “Just some DNA and some scans. Don’t worry, none of this is designed to harm you.” The man motioned to the soldiers and they un-cuffed him. Max rubbed his wrist and took another look around. There was some weird objects that he has never seen. It made him a little nervous, but the fact they released him from the constraints made him feel a little better. They then took him to one of the chairs and had him sit down. There were some people behind a glass room with a panel that consisted of what looked like touch controls.

“Ok sir, we’re ready to begin.” A woman said through a speaker phone. The man in the lab coat nodded. “Alright, the tests will start soon. Just relax. It won’t take too long.” The woman pressed her hand on one of the consoles, which in turn caused a robotic arm to lower from the ceiling. It had a needle and a tube for retrieving blood. Another arm came from below the chair and prepped Max’s arm. “Woa, what is all this?” Max was getting a little more nervous.
                                                                                                    “Don’t worry, this is the only test that requires those arms.”
                                                                                                    The first arm made its way down and pushed the needle into where his arm was prepped. In a few seconds it retrieved all the blood it need. Another man came into the room and took out the tube of blood. After doing that, the arm retracted back into the ceiling. “Ok, one last test, then you’ll be escorted to General Major Jordan.”

“General Major? In situations like this, shouldn’t I be thrown in lock up?” Max rubbed his arm where the needle went in. The lab coat man put a band-aide over the spot. “There have been some new orders. Alright Sally, activate the Aura scan.”
                                                                                                    “Aura scan? What does that do?”
                                                                                                    “It allows us to find out which dimensions you’ve been too.” The man turned and walked into the glass room. Then everyone in the room put on thick sunglasses. “Don’t worry, it won’t cause you any harm, it’s just hard on the eyes for people outside of the scan.”
                                                                                                    “Well that’s comforting.” Max mumbled softly. The woman put her hand on another console. 4 panels came up out of the floor surrounding the chair. “Hey, this isn’t going to fry me or anything is it?” Max was getting uneasy. “Only if you don’t sit still.” The woman used a very serious tone. Max froze, petrify with fear.
                                                                                                    Suddenly a bright light radiated from the panels. After a few seconds it was gone. The man turned of the speaker phone. “Why did you just lie to him about the scan? It couldn’t hurt a fly.” The woman just snickered. “He was moving all over the place. Made me a little nervous.”

#50   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

Chapter 13
                                                                                                      The Origin

Max was escorted by two men through a large white hallway. He noticed that there weren’t any windows in this facility. They turned a corner and he saw two large white doors at the end of the hallway. “Is that where I’m going?” Max turned to the man on his right.
                                                                                                      “Yes, the General Major is waiting.” As they approached it, Max noticed there was a com on the right side. Right when they approached it, one of the men went to it and pressed a white button. “Sir, we have him.”
                                                                                                      “Bring him in.” The doors slid open and they walked in. In the room was a white desk with a white lamp.
                                                                                                      “Wow, some one likes white…” There was a man behind the desk dressed in a black uniform. He turned around and looked right at Max. “You two can leave now.” He had a firm voice. The two officers saluted and walked back out of the room. The other man went to his desk and sat down. “Please, take a seat.” He pressed a button and a chair came from under the floor. “Jeez, what is up with this place.” Max was starting to feel that this place may be too sophisticated.

“I’ll tell you about that later. First I have to discuss with you some things.” He motioned to Max to sit down. Max complied and slowly walked over to the chair and sat down. “First thing, I need to talk to you about the reason why we had you picked up. You came onto the scene unexpectedly, in a realm that was being observed for possible terrorist involvement. Then after you killed the main person under surveillance, you jumped to another realm. We thought you were trying to avoid detection, so we traced your whereabouts to the other world.” The Major put his hand on the far right side of the desk. Suddenly a view screen came out of no where. “It so happens that this realm had some suspicious problems arise, and it brought rise to the most dangerous terrorist we’ve had to deal with. His name is not known to us, but the name of the realm is Weyward.”

Weyward? Where have I heard of that name before? The Major then pressed something on the view screen, and it brought up what looked like a profile. The picture on there was of Bart Trillion. “Turns out you did us a big favor. After some more intel on Bart, it turns out that he was dealing with that terrorist. It’s how he got his hands on the nanite technology. It seems that the world was to be turned into another base of operation. By killing Bart, you allowed the revolutionaries to gain control and take back the world. Thus, ruining this scheme of theirs.”
                                                                                                      “Bwa?!” Max was confused. “Wait, so not only did I save a world, but I stopped a major plot that could have made those people into slaves?” The Major nodded. Suddenly a secondary view screen popped up. The man in the lab coat’s face was on it. “Sir, the Aura scan results are back in.” It seemed like he was nervous.
                                                                                                      “Well then doctor, what does it say?” The Major turned his chair around to look back.

“I… I can’t say, once I got them back, they were automatically labeled Top Secret. I don’t have the security clearance, but you do, I’ll send them right now.” The view screen went blank, then it started showing information. “Top secret? This is odd.” The Major turned back around and looked at the view screen. “So this is in order of where you were last. Weyward, Terra Sigma Six, and…” His mouth fell open. “This, this isn’t possible. There has to be an error with the scanner.”
                                                                                                      “Is there something wrong with the scan?” Max was a little scared, he was wondering if he was any where else that he might not have remembered. “This here says that you, came from Origin. The first universe created. It’s impossible to go to or from there. It has an anti-dimensional barrier surrounding it. You shouldn’t be here now. You have to tell me everything that happened to you…”

#51   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                                                                        • Posts: 4,998
                                                                                                        • Joined: 22-March 07
                                                                                                        • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                                                                        • AKA Darksword

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

Awsome. I hate cliffhangers, so hurry up with the next chapter already, its starting to get really interesting

This is about your RP charecter, right?

#52   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:47 PM

Actually yes. The RP version actually is the much more advanced form though.

#53   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

I see, so this is sort of explaining the origins of your charecter a bit more then?

any idea when the next chapter up would be nice as well

#54   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:12 AM

Not sure. Been having a hard time sitting down to do it.
                                                                                                              EDIT: I lied
                                                                                                              Chapter 14
                                                                                                              Deceptive Toys

Max went and explained everything, the encounter with the strange man, the war, and the short amount of time he spent in Weyward. “I see.” He put his arms on the desk and rested his head on his hands. “Do you happen to have this ‘DS’ still?”
                                                                                                              “Yeah, one thing I keep on me at all times.” Max pulled it out of the bag and handed it over to the Major. He looked and analyzed it before opening it up. “This design seems archaic at best. Lets see what’s on the inside.” He opened it up and looked a little shocked. “Huh, interesting.” He pressed down on the pad a few times and his face fell into what looked like awe. “This would explain a few things. This is not what you think it is.”

Max tilted his head a little. “What do you mean by that?” The Major placed it on the desk and turned it so Max can look at what was on the screens. “This is by far one of the most complicated dimensioning devices I’ve laid eyes on. This programming is far beyond that of our own technology. My guess is, it was created by the terrorists. It seems that you didn’t get back your DS, but you took the man’s dimensioning device. Where ever he is now, he’s probably stuck there. When you accidentally created another vortex, you must have drained its energy. The electric shock you suffered from Bart must have recharge and reboot it’s system, causing you to dimension to another realm.”

Max’s mouth dropped open. “You mean to say that some of the things I went through is because of that thing?” The Major nodded. He picked it back up and pressed a few more buttons. “Here, I’ll set it to where you can read it. I think the universal translator was malfunctioning for awhile. A good reason why you were suddenly able to understand the soldiers. You didn’t need it for the other realms because they speak the same universal language that you do. Our realm decided not to change our own though, for some reason.” The Major then handed back the dimensioning device to Max. “Hang onto that, you should study it for awhile.” Max took it and looked at it. He could now read everything that was on there. He pressed a few buttons on there to try and see everything that it could do. “Well, for now I’m going to send you back for a few more tests. You’ll come back here and we’ll discuss your future. I’m letting you know now though, despite what that man did, there is no known way for you to return home. If you join us in the fight against the agency he worked for, there is a chance for you to find more answers.” Max nodded and stood up. The two soldiers came back into the room. “Sounds like a good offer, I’ll think about it.”

#55   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

Now this story is going somewhere. Keep it up Blue. Let's see the next chapter soon.

#56   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:39 AM

Chapter 15
                                                                                                                  Changes

Max had returned to the Major’s office. The Major was already sitting down looking at some view screens. “Oh Max, come in. Your test results have already come back.” The chair had still been sitting there since Max left. “Goodie, I hope the doctor gave me a clean bill of health.” He walked over and plopped into the chair. “What’s the good word.” He smirked a little and pulled out the device.
                                                                                                                  “Well, there’s something interesting that came back with your brain scans.” The Major pressed his hand onto the desk. It flipped one of the view screens so Max could see it. “Wait, don’t tell me I got a brain tumor or anything.” The Major couldn’t help but laugh.
                                                                                                                  “Please, in a world this advanced, you think that would be cause for alarm? Any ways, the scan shows that your brain activity has actually increased. More than the average human. I say you might start developing certain abilities.”

Max was in a bit of shock. “How is that even possible? Abilities like that aren’t exactly common in my realm.” The Major just turned around in his chair.
                                                                                                                  “True enough. It’s said that the Origin realm only possesses technology. In the last realm you visited though, it’s common enough. You must have accidentally ran into something that gave you this gift. Maybe it was that rock that hit you in the head.” Max reached up and rubbed the area where he was struck.
                                                                                                                  “I did noticed that I recovered quickly. I also thought that I had made a cup come towards my hand. I brushed it off as nothing though.”

“Well, whatever the case may be, I was wondering if you decided if you wanted to join our cause or not.” The Major turned around and looked squarely at Max. Max put his hand to his chin.
                                                                                                                  “Hmm, well, I haven’t heard much about this world or much about anything else, but I figure the less time I worry about it, the more time I have to try and find a way back home. So yeah, sign me up.” The Major stood up and held out his hand. “Excellent. Welcome to Terra Alpha Prime. The world created to monitor the multi-verse.” Max stood up slowly and shook the Major’s hand.
                                                                                                                  “Created to monitor? What does that mean?” Max tilted his head again to the side.
                                                                                                                  “It means that ever since this realm was formed, we’ve had the ability to traverse the multi-verse. We believe that’s because we were created to track down those who would through the balance into chaos. Enough of that for now. I have your first assignment. I’m sorry to say though that we don’t have time to put you through any training. My only advice for now is to not interact with anyone in the realms. At least as much as you can.”

The Major sat down and pressed a button. A new view screen appeared facing Max. “Your first mission is to go to the realm known as the Mushroom Kingdom.” Max snickered.
                                                                                                                  “Your kidding right? Mushroom Kingdom? That’s a laugh.” The major gave him a stern look.
                                                                                                                  “This is no laughing matter Max. There is a serious issue going on. Seems like there was a supply depot built there on an island known as Yoshi’s Island.” Max just stood and stared at the screen.
                                                                                                                  “Your dead serious, Yoshi’s Island, Mushroom Kingdom, you sure this isn’t a cruel joke?” The Major just placed his hands down on the desk, turning off the view screens. “We have quarter’s assigned for you already. You’ll be escorted there. Once your prepared, the coordinates will be transmitted to your dimensioning device, which we just found the signal for. Your dismissed.”

#57   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:51 AM

lol, Yoshi's Island. I cant wait to see this

#58   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                      • AKA escout

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

I agree with DS. Hurry with that next chapter ASAP Blue.

#59   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:18 AM

Chapter 16
                                                                                                                        Revealing the Leech

“Well, that was, fascinating.” Max whispered, as he was being escorted to his quarters. “I wonder though, what would people want with Yoshi’s Island. As far as I remember, nothing really important grew there. Unless…”

“Well, here we are.” A stout man blurted. “Wait here till your instructions and coordinates are transferred.”

“Wait, what if I need something like food or anything else?” Max asked, feeling rather rushed. The door slid open to reveal a white room. It wasn’t big, but it wasn’t small either. There was a table for dining with two chairs, a white full size bed, a large screen implanted in the wall, and what looked like a refrigerator.

“That is the replicator, it’ll provide you with what you need.” He pushed Max in and the door closed behind him.

“*** wipe!” Max cursed as he almost crashed into the table.

“Are you ok in there sir?” What sounded like a British accent came in through a speaker on the screen.

“I’m peachy…” Max got up to look at the screen to see a blonde hair man. He was fairly gangly with large rimmed glasses on his face. “Umm, who are you and what are you doing on my T.V.?”

“T.V.? I’m not familiar with that term. Anyways, I’m Gerald, I am your designated assignment handler. I am basically here to assist you in any means necessary on your missions. Though there are limits based on the mission itself, I can do almost anything from dimensioning equipment to reinforcements. For now I’ve been notified that you have two hours before your mission is ready, so I suggest you rest for now. I’ll notify you when the details are in.” The screen went blank.

“Finally, I’m exhausted from all of this nonsense.” Max jumped on the bed and quickly fell asleep.

“Max… do you hear me? Do you feel me living within you? Do you understand my existence? Max… you’ll become strong. When you have achieved a state of worthiness… I will take, what is mine!” Red eyes opened in the darkness and lashed out.

“****!”

#60   Blue 

• Master Adept

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

Chapter 17
                                                                                                                          Rushed by the Hour

“Sir, is everything alright?!” Gerald yelled through the screen. “Our monitors detected that your heart rate jumped almost through the roof.” Max was sprawled out on the ground, his sheets and pillows all around him.

“I’m just fantastic.” Max sat up and rubbed the back of his head gently. “At least I didn’t hurt myself, but damn was that a creepy nightmare.”

“Never the less, your mission order has been delivered. You are to dimension to the coordinates that are being transferred to your dimensioner. You will arrive in a forest and 15 meters in front of you will be the facility. It is your mission to infiltrate and obtain key information through their mainframe. You are too then destroy the building.” Gerald put his finger to the screen and a small side picture appeared, showing a picture of Max’s dimensioner. “We choose you for this mission because of your highly advanced Dimensioner. Most dimensioners can be used as hacking devices, but yours is special. While we were analyzing it for the first time, it hacked into our mainframe without us know for a whole 30 minutes.”

“Holy crap man, that’s pretty bad.” Max laughed a little as he was starting to fix his bed up a little.

“That’s not all, most hacking devices can’t get past the first firewall, your dimensioner got past all of them and then downloaded 30 Terabits of data.” Max started chocking on his own spit.

“Are you ****ting me? That’s massive.” Max yelled, trying to catch his breath.

“Really? The Origin realm must not be that advanced at all. A Terabyte isn’t that much at all. Well, any ways, you should expect much interference, the facility is actually really poorly guarded. We believe that the Organization has had to spread out their forces. Hopefully getting into the mainframe will tell us why. Now for supplies, you won’t be allowed to have any projectile based weapons, we don’t want you attracting too much attention. You will, however, have access to your bladed weapon you had when you arrived. You’ll also be given the standard issue protective suit, which resists weaker projectile weapons, though you won’t be protected by laser fire. Along with that you’ll be given a tactical visor, which allows us to monitor what’s going on in the field.”

Max was about ready to fall asleep after Gerald’s explanation. “Yeah ok, that’s lovely. I’ve got a question though, besides the fact that I have this awesome dimensioner, or something, why am I the only one going on this mission?”

Gerald sighed. “Like the Organization, our forces are spread out, but just a little too much. Hopefully this mission will give us vital intel on enemy locations and future projects. The Organization is well known for their genetic testing. In fact, this facility that your infiltrating is a test lab for current bio-genetic alterations. They like to test on the local creatures.”

“That’s pretty ****ed up. I can see why you guys want the building destroyed. How am I going to destroy it by the way?” Max asked, fluffing up a pillow.

Gerald chuckled a little. “Lots and lots of C-4. Now, enough chit chat, I’ll replicate your equipment and transfer down your sword. Prepare yourself though, it might not be guarded well, but the Organization won’t be afraid of releasing experiments on intruders.”

Max nodded. “I understand, after fighting those nanobot freaks, I’m ready for almost anything.”

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                          • You cannot reply to this topic