• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Component #2: Media Gathering

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

Text content is only one part of a website. The other is media, which includes graphics, music and video/animation. The GS Sprites Archive site (formerly Venus Lighthouse and Jupiter Lighthouse) contains a large collection of in-game graphics already, and provides a nice foundation upon which to build. In addition, several people have helped rip sprites for GSW, which expands upon the GS Sprites Archive collection.

But this foundation is almost exclusively static (non-moving) graphics. I would also like to add animations/video to the media archive. Specifically, I would like to record the animations for summons, psynergies, and even weapon unleashes. A group of members had recorded the summons, but I no longer have them in my possession. If these members cannot relocate these recordings, then they will need to be made again. Keep in mind that all of these animations will also be used in GSW in the future.

The third aspect is music. I have acquired permission to use GS Realm's GS Soundtrack project. This includes all the music played in the two games, already identified and recorded. I will be making a Flash-based music player, but otherwise I do not need any more help in this category.

If you would like to help with sprite ripping, animation recording, or any other media-based ideas you may have, please post a reply in this thread. Include which specific job you would like, any previous experience you have, and your expected time availability over the coming months.

#2   Blink 

• Disciple
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

I guess it's about time I bring this up...

I'm really not sure I can help with GS sprite ripping anymore. I know, I helped a lot in the past, but in the year where everything went dormant, I've moved on to another really huge project.

As some of you may know, I'm a big Star Fox fan. I've always loved the series since I first got my hands on one of the games, and the culture of it all (if it can be called that) is just incredible to me, similar in many ways to my feelings on Golden Sun.

About the time that Max found out there was an engine flaw in GSW, I kind of lost hope in the project. I knew that it would mean the engine would have to be reworked, and at the pace GSW was going, that just seemed like it would take forever. A month or so later, another topic sprung up over at Arwing Landing Forums, a Star Fox fan site. It was basically a brainstorm for everything anyone would ever want in a Star Fox game, led by some of the brightest and most faithful fans of the series, and I was awed. I made a jump I'd been wanting to do for years now: I went into programming, and started work on a game.

Only a select few of them know about the project, but I've been working on it for well over a year now, and I've gotten it to the point where it was a playable demo. The demo however, just wasn't fun, so I went back to the drawing board and started all over again. I'm now completely wrapped up in it, and it's still completely under wraps.

I'll probably be able to post the full game at the end of the summer, it's supposed to be an episode in a series, only 45 minutes in length or so, but with some good replayability, following the Star Fox fashion. But if I ever want to reach that goal, I really have to devote myself to it.

As such, I'm afraid I can't really help with GS sprite ripping anymore. I do wish you guys the best of luck, and I'll be here about as much as I usually am, maybe posting some more, but I just can't help like I used to. I'm sorry, really. I know I could help, but I think you guys will do fine without me anyways, while this other project is wholly dependent on me.

So, yeah. ~1000~. I've always thought these kinds of posts should be special... I just wish it could have been me unveiling a trailer rather than me resigning from the community's projects.

#3   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

Split, WD, and I have been pulling screens off of GS1 for WD's comics, and we've already ripped most of Mt. Aleph/Sol Sanctum. If you'd like to have them, just let me know and I'll get 'em to you.

#4   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
          • Interests:.5% per annum.
          • AKA Spam King

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

I didn't notice this, how? Sign me up!

#5   Max 

• Administrator
            • Group: Admin

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

I'm looking to get people to rip psynergy and summon animations. If you have the know-how and the time, and are willing to do it, please let me know.

#6   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
              • Interests:.5% per annum.
              • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:55 AM

I'd be happy to rip those, and time should be a minor issue.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic