The Ashes Of Fire Fantasy-related RP

#1   Neo 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

--

Within this RP, several races from the fantasy world are to be found. I expect most the created characters are human, but that does not matter. Besides us humans, there are several other races to be found here. Consider it as a world of Tolkien or Feist. Just have fun, and remember not to Godmod or flame! Only use one character s.v.p.

--

The Golden Age was named after the discoveries, explorings and searches trough the new lands. The main breeds were the Dwarves, Zoras and Humans. However, also the Elves and Ssedeche -- reptile-like creates -- came to existance.

These genetics lived peacefully with eachother, and the only wars were between Creatures and these breeds. There was only one danger. Though it was small, it started to expand itself. The Elves were usually happy, and were always searching for new ways of entertaining eachother or themselves. Some of them found a new way... a forbidden way. A group of Elves learned a joy called killing. It filled their body with adrenaline, and they had to kill more, they had to take more lives.

This group of Elves called themselves the Seekers. They were always searching, always trying to find new victims. None of the excisting breeds knew of these Seekers, except the Elves. But the Elves weren't strong enough to control the Seekers, and the Seekers went into Human territory. The first humans who saw these violent murderers, thougth it were demons. Nobody saw that they were Elves, as their skin became darker, their eyes started to glow, and they became creatures of the night. People resembled them with the ancient legend of the so called Vampires, though everybody knew such creatures did not exist.

A council of Elves had decided that they had to find these Seekers, and destroy them, by any means necessary. They sent members of the Loyal Court troughout the country, who had to search for volunteers to make a new team to destroy these Seekers. The volunteers not only had to be strong, but they had to be mercyless, they had to be able to kill without hessitation, and they had to be willing to sacrifice themselves.

-------

Samuel, who was usually a lonely, wandering adventurer, had settles in a small, cozy house near the shore of lake Banath. He had lived there for a few weeks now, and enjoyed practicly everything. Twice a week he went to the local town to buy supplies and other useful objects. The villagers saw him as an older man, who had finally found his piece of heaven within their borders. They accepted and respected him, mainly by his friendly character and the always present smile on his face. Whether it was raining or not, Samuel was always in a good mood. He had not used his magic powers ever since he settled, except for one time where the rain was about to cause a flood.

As usual on washingday, he was now heading towards the town, wearing his black robe and holding his staff in his right hand. On the small path leading over a hill towards the outer circle of the town, he was bypassed by an elf on a white stallion, seemlingly in a great hurry. Samuel decided to quicken his steps, so he could see where the man was heading.

As he entered the the townsquare, he saw that the elf was now surrounded by a small crowd of villagers, listening to him, as he held a scroll in his hands. His voice was heard all over the squire, and it sounded serious. While Samuel joined the listening crowd, he catched the last few sentences of the elf.

"So, all those who are searching for a thrilling adventure, and who are not afraid to fight or die, please follow me to the Inn, as there I can write down your names and accept you into the newly formed guild. We call ourselves the Lightbringers, and our main objective is to find and destroy each Seeker. There has been sent a messenger to almost every town and city in this region, so you will not be alone."

After those last words, the Elf rode towards the local Inn, called the Smiling Dwarf. Samuel saw several strong, young men following him, and smiled.

Although life is beautiful here, I was getting bored a bit. Maybe it is time for some adventure, he thought. He also followed the Elf.

"Samuel, are you seriously thinking of joining the Lightbringers?" He heard someone asking standing next to him. He turned around, and saw Algon, the owner of the bakery.

"Yes, Algon. It is time for me to help this planet once more," he smiled, and continued his walk. Algon shrugged, and turned around.

Inside, Samuel stood in the line, and when it was his turn to write down his name, he saw the Elf raising an eyebrow, but Samuel just smiled. The Elf gave him a small pouch with a few coins as a thanks, and Samuel left the line, so the next person could sign up.

He stood there, still smiling, and thought to himself; Finally, yet another adventure.

#2   Folcon 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
      • AKA escout

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

((OoC this might be interesting. I'm in.))

Folcon stepped from the enteryway to the temple and walked over to the cliff face overlooking the valley below, and sat down on one of the stones there, gazing across the valley. Down below, he could see a disturbance in the valley. Narrowing his field of vision, Folcon saw a group of elves, rideing into the valley and split up, going to different villiages. As he watched, he heard someone approach him from behind. Folcon broke off his gaze and turned around to see one of the temple acolytes standing, waiting for his atention.

"Greetings Acolyte Conners."

"Greetings Master Folcon. What do you see this morning?"

"Elves Acolyte Conners. They are riding from thier forests, traveling to the local villages. But for what reason, I do not know."

"Acolyte Franz should be returning soon from the villiage at the base of the mountain. Perhapes he will have news to share."

"Perhaps. I sence there is great unrest in the world."

"Before I forget Master Folcon, Chef Aiden asked me to tell you that your breakfast is ready."

Folcon noded, "Thank you Acolyte Conners, You are dismissed to your breakfast. I will be along shortly when Acolyte Franz returns."

Conners nodded and walked back into the temple, while Folcon returned his gaze back to the valley. Looking down at the village below, he saw one of the elves was approaching it. After a few minutes, a crowd was gathered around the elf. Folcon swept his gaze across the village, looking for his acolyte. After a few minutes, he found the young man, a boy really, approaching the crowd around the elf. A few seconds latter, the Franz had aproached the elf and began to speak with him. The elf said something to him, but Franz just shook his head and said somthing else, then pointed toward the mountian. The elf nodded and said somthing else. Franz nodded and led the elf to a store and went inside while the elf waited. Presently, Franz came out with a large sack over his shoulder and another in his other hand. the elf took the sacks and placed them over the saddle before extending his hand to Franz and helping him up. They then started off towards the trail that would take them up the mountain and to the temple.

Folcon stood up and walked back into the temple to anounce a guest was coming.

#3   Lemontime 

• Disciple
        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

((Sorry, forgot I had this post :S))

#4   Lemontime 

• Disciple
          • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:23 AM

Harbreds' sleek black ship cut through the chop made by the heavy gusts of wind. On the horizon Harbred sighted a large coastal city. He recognised this as Lifassus, the western capital of Lagarathorr, one of the super-powers of this world. He checked his money bag and found that he had far more than enough to dock at their port for many a months.

After an hour and a half more of sailing the treacherous seas, Harbreds ship reached the towering sea-gates of Lifassus.

"Orright, oo's this 'ere then?" Shouted a seaguard from atop the great gates.
          "My name is Harbred Gruski, I be a Wizard from the great northern land of Fraahle. I have come to practice my trade, to protect the innocent from evil, to fight cri.."
          "Yeah yeah, fight crime a save the good 'n decent folk o' tha werld," interupted the guard, "'eard it a thousand times. Orright, in ya come"
          And with that, a small section of the great gates began to open. Harbred stared at the tiny gap, perplexed,
          "I won't fit through there!" he shouted up at the Seaguard, fighting with the whipping wind to get his message across,
          "Yees ye' will" replied the seaguard, walking away.
          "Very well.. Take us through, Fardon" he said to his skipper.
          "Aye aye cap'n" replied the old and worn character that was Skipper Fardon.

The boat crawled through the tiny gap, inches from the sides of the gate, somehow it made it through. The boat made it's way through many a docks, finally settling in a spot some way from the main entrance to the city. Harbred stepped off his boat and onto the ricketty docks.
          "Aaaaaah, it's good to be back on dry land," he said to his crew, stretching his arms and legs,
          "Now, let us find more work!" This was recieved by some loud moans and scattered murmurs from the crew. Harbred smiled, Just like old times, he thought to himself..

((Further intro will come tomorrow arvo...))

#5   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

Mordread was laughing loudly, swiging his beer left and right, not caring that he was spilling half of it all over the floor of the tavern. He had met a bunch of travellers only a few hours ago and was sitting with them in the local inn, called the Smiling Dwarf. Mordread found this inn to be very cozy and full of cheerful folk, so he took a liking to it at once.

The group of adventurers he was sitting and drinking with consisted of two Dwarves and three Humans. He didn't even know their names, but that didn't stop him from having a laugh with them.

Suddenly, an Elf entered the inn, followed by a few dozen people. Mordread decided to check what was going on and walked towards one of the strong Dwarves who was following the Elf.

"Hey, what's all this ruckus?" Mordread asked.

"This guy is writing down names for people who want to join some guild for destroying Seekers," said the Dwarf.

"Hey guys!" Mordread yelled over to the table where the adventurers he had met were sitting, "Come over here for a minute, will ya?"

When they approached him he explained what the commotion was all about, and they all decided momentarily to join the guild for some fun.

#6   Neo 

• Disciple
              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

Samuel glansed to his right, and saw a Ssedeche stumbling towards the Elf, followed by a few other adventurers, mainly human and dwarves. Samuel smiled, and was happy to see that young talents were eager to help the nation.

Maybe this... war, was what this nation needed. It had been peaceful for ages, but Samuel had always known that a nation without war was a weak nation. And if more magicians from other worlds would find a way to create a Rift towards this planet, it was obvious these people were not well prepared.

Of course, there were mercenaries, and each city or known village had his own garrison. But besides that, the locals were usually farmers or other professions which were needed to live. He hadn't seen a blacksmith creating weapons for a long time. These Seekers were -- aside the fact that they had to be exterminated -- exactly what these people needed.

He stepped towards the seemingly happy Ssedeche, and smiled at him.

"I haven't seen many Ssedeche around here, lately. Not that I have been living a long time here myself," he started.

He took a closer look at the Ssedeche's face, and rose an eyebrow.

"You aren't a half-breed, are you? You seem more human then lizard to me -- no offense meant, of course. It's just that... well, I have never seen a Ssedeche who resembles human as much as you do."

Samuel smurked, and nodded his head.

"Excuse me for all my blabbering. I am Samuel, born and raised in Crydee."

#7   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

"No offense taken, I get that quite a lot actually. I'm Mordread, born and raised in... Eh... Not sure really," the Ssedeche said, "You see, I've always been travelling around, always with different people, so I don't even know who my parents are. For all I know I could be a half-breed."

He shrugged and went on, "The earliest memories I have are of Libenansk(OOC: We just make up these names, right?), a small town situated in the beautiful Liben Canyon far to the east of here. The strange thing is, I wasn't a baby, or even a child, but already a young man who could speak the modern language, so I think I must be suffering from some kind of amnesia or something"

"But hey, it's silly standing in everyone's way talking about old fairy tales. Come, join us at our table and I'll buy you a pint"

#8   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                  • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

Folcon entered the temple and made his way to the central chamber, where meals were taken. He walked to the front of the room and wistled sharply to get the atention of those still eating. When every face was pointed towards him, he announced, "We will be haveing a guest here in a few minutes, an elf." At this, there was a lot of murmering, but Folcon held his hand up for silence. "We need to prepaire for our guest. Acolytes James and Marine, go to the stable and prepaire a place for our guest's horse. Acolytes Handial and Lucefer, ready a room for our guest. Acolyte Charles, the elf is bringing Acolyte Franz with him, when they arrive, I want you to show our guest to his chambers to rest a moment, then have him brought to the audience room, and tell Franz to meet me in my chambers latter to talk. Everyone else, finish your meal and return to your duties. I will anounce any news at dinner tonight."

"Yes Master Folcon," the gathered acolytes, priests, and other temple followers said, before returning to there meals.

Folcon turned to an older man that was approaching him. "Chef Aiden, I will take my meal in my chambers today."

"As you wish, Master Folcon," the man said, and followed Folcon toward his chambers with a tray of food in his hands.

#9   Neo 

• Disciple
                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

"Why not," Samuel answered, and followed Mordread towards the table.

He never was really fond of beer, but since they did not have wine here, he decided it was best to drink with the men. Most of them were young and adventurous, although one of them also seemed a bit older. Samuel greeted every person, took a nip of his beer and enjoyed the conversation.

Suddenly the lights within the lantarns were blown out, and everybody could feel the cold breeze going trough the room. He knew that magic was forming within these walls. He looked around, as the rest of the visitors, and everybody was looking rather afraid, and some had already drawn their weapons.

He knew what was going to happen. All the heat was being extracted from the room, and then it would suddenly all be unleashed in a concentrated wave of immense heat. Not a single person could survive that, only someone who could protect himself from it. He could defend himself from the heat, but once it would be over, there would surely be attackers who would go trough the door to kill the last few who were screaming on the floor. The room was too small for him to use magic for an offensive, so he needed the help of someone who was good with a sword. He could only protect one person together with him, and he looked at Mordread.

At the moment the heat wasbeing unleashed, he grabbed Mordread, and formed a shield around them, made out of freezing air. Samuel did not feel the heat, but he saw the people around him burning and screaming. The Elf was the closest to the door, and died instantly. Suddenly everything turned dark.

The door was being kicked in by something that looked like an elf, but only with darker skin and glowing eyes. Samuel knew that this was a Seeker, one of those who needed to be destroyed. He looked at Mordread.

"I don't know how many there are, but we must kill them," he said.

Samuel grabbed his staff in his left hand, and with his right hand he assembled a small ball with high pressure air. He launched the ball towards the Seeker, who was blown backwards. When his head hit the wall, Samuel could hear the breaking skull. That meant at least one had been killed. Now the rest.

As he was waiting, more and more Seekers came into the Inn.

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

Mordead stared transfixed through the strange shield that was obviously created by Samuel. He watched helplessly as the people he had been sitting with burned to a painful death.

When the intense heat had stopped, a dark elf with glowing eyes kicked the scorched door open. It fell to the floor and Mordread saw it was a Seeker who had produced this destruction.

Samuel launched a magic ball of high pressure air at the Seeker and killed it, but there were many more than Mordead had first noticed. He could see Samuel saying something to him, but couldn't hear what, as he could barely hear anything. Suddenly filling with terrible rage, Mordread pulled his shield off his back and raised his flail, charging at the Seekers with a loud roar.

He swung his weapon, smashing one of the burnt tables along with a few Seekers. To the right of him he saw a Seeker pulling out a slender sword. Mordread spun around, turning his left arm towards the enemy so that the blade hit his shield, then continued turning so that his flail smacked into the evil elf's face. In his berserk anger, he almost bashed Samuel with the flail.

#11   blade 

• Squire
                      • Pip
                        • Group: Members
                        • Interests:The normal stuff

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

OOC: I guess since I'm an elf...I'm with the Seekers? fair enough

Bic: Seeker commander Blade saw one of his elven compainions fall to the ground, lifeless. He shrugged, 'Ah, What the heck, As long as they die.' Blade thought to himself as he readied his bow, took aim, and fired.
                        It barley missed his taarget, the one that had origanly killed the elf in the first place. He looked up and notice Blade, then charged wildly at him.

"Bad mistake human." Blade said as he dropped from the ledge he was on and drew his sword. "My name is Sir Blade Denshan De Dreama, high ranking general of the Seekers. And who might you be?"

"uh...Samuel" The man said.

'Very well Samuel..." Blade said as he took the gem out of his sword and threw it to him. In a few seconds, the gem gave a blinding flash and Samuel fell to the ground, stunned, but not dead."

" Gillete...get over here." Blade called to one of his Assistants.
                        He responded in no time, "You called, Sir?"
                        "Yes, Take this man and stow him away. Make sure guards are on him at all times."
                        "Yes, Sir." Gillete saluted, took Samuel, and went to put him away somewhere.

Blade looked into the window of the Inn. He could see more humans in the inn, with various Weapons. "Allright...so they want to wait for us, is It? ALL TROOPS READY THEIR ARROWS!" Blade said as he charged up his magic for a fireball."

"READY...AIM..." Blade started as he realesd the fire into the inn, causing it to go into flames.

It wasn't long before they were forced to come out. One by one, they left the burning Inn, coughing away.
                        "FIRE!" Blade commanded as arrows began to fly, hitting every single one of them.
                        But they were not dead. The arrows that were shot were sleep arrows, designed to immedatly put the person to sleep.

"Gllete, we have more prisioners." Blade said with a smirk on his face

#12   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:37 AM

(OOC: There are also good elves, but being a Seeker could be interesting. Make the characters more diverse. Also, you've started controlling Neo's character Samuel and you CANNOT do that. It's against the rules. You should edit your post)

#13   blade 

• Squire
                          • Pip
                            • Interests:The normal stuff

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

That was the plan...

#14   Neo 

• Disciple
                              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

OoC: Ugh, Blade. no offense but you just disobeyed two rules.

1. You controlled my character, which is against the rules. You may only imply, or try to harm my character. The controller and creator of the character desides what happens to him.

2. Major changes in the event may only be made by the topic creator. You caught us and burned down the Inn. Not exactly what I had in mind tbh.

All those who entered the RP, or will enter; Blade's post will be declined, unless it is edited. Do not take notice of the post and continue as we were.

-----------

"Heh, watch out with that," Samuel said to Mordread as he barely avoid the flail. He cross stepped, made sure he was backed up against Mordread, so he could not be attacked in his back, and closed his eyes.

"Look for an exit, Mordread. See if there is a backdoor somewhere around here. But do not move away from my side."

Samuel focussed his energy, and started at the opening of the door. Suddenly, trees started going out of the ground and soon the opening of the door was closed.

"It will not hold those outside for long. Maybe they will burn this place to the ground, maybe they will simply break down the walls. But we can certainly expect them to jump trough the windows. We must find an exit quickly!" Samuel said, whilst reposting an attack with his staff. They were outnumbered by 4 to 1, meaning there were still 8 Seekers in the room.

"Quickly, let's move sideways towards the other side of the Inn."

#15   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

After he made his anouncement, Folcon returned to his chambers at quickly ate his breakfast. When he was done, Folcon changed into a fresh kilt and went to the audience room to wait. After a few minutes, there was a knock at the door and one of the acolyte stuck his face in.

"The elf is here sir, and wating to meet you."

"Send him in," Folcon said, standing up from his chair.

The elf entered and walked up to Folcon, looking perplexed. "Where is the mistress of the temple?" he asked.

"There is none," Folcon said grimly. "I am the master of this temple now."

"But this temple can only be run by a woman Avian, the mistress of the temple."

"Word must spread slow in your lands, the late mistress of this temple passed on over five hundred years ago. On her death bed, she gave leadership of this temple to me. There are no other Avians left, elf, I am the last. Therefore, I have every right to run this temple."

The elf bowed deeply, "My aplogies. I was not aware."

Folcon nodded before saying, "So good elf, what brings you here to the temple this fine day?"

"My name is Tanis, my people have sent me and my fellow riders out to warn of a new threat. There is a sect of elves that have found pleasure in killing, they are calling themselves the Seekers. We were sent out to recruit people to help stop the seekers in wreaking havok across the land, and endangering all peoples in the world. I am here now to ask for any help your temple can give."

#16   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

Moving sideways to the wall of the Inn, his back pressed against Samuel's, Mordread's eyes scanned the room swiftly, but he was unable to see any exits.

"I don't think there are any more doors," he said, at the same time defending himself and the magician with his large shield. Arrows were flying at great speed towards them, most of them bouncing off the shield, some sticking into the wooden walls of the tavern. Watching that, Mordread came up with an idea.

Still holding his shield in an attempt to protect himself and Samuel, he walked a few feet away from the wall and kicked it hard with all his might. The wood bended and splintered slightly from the impact. He bashed the wall with his leg yet again and chunks of it fell to the floor outside. Finally, Mordread swung his flail over his head and into the cracked wall, smashing a large enough part for the two of them to get through. He accidentaly moved his shield from the position it was originally in, and an arrow stuck itself into his arm.

"Argh! Go Samuel, I'll be right behind you!" he said and raised his shield to cover the human's escape.

#17   Neo 

• Disciple
                                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

As one last greeting towards the Seekers, Samuel knocked two more Seekers over with the power of the wind. Once he stood outside, he was shocked.

The whole village was burning.

"No... those monsters..." he mumbled.

He didn't know whether Mordread had followed him, but Samuel lost track of everything, and his mind was completely blank. How could they? Samuel saw dead men and women on the street, even children. He saw arms, legs and heads spread on pools of blood, and every house was burning. He saw one women being cut into pieces as she tried to run away with her two week old child. The little girl fell on the ground, and the Seeker who killed the mother crushed the girl's head with his foot.

Something inside of Samuel snapped. In his fiftytwo years of life, he had never seen such slaughter.

"You... monsters, How could you? He started, "How could you?!"

He dropped his staff, held both arms above his head, and mumbled a few words. Seen from his view, strange orange words appeared before his eyes. A strange language rolled over his lips, and as he spoke, the ground started to shake.

"Wind," he said, and the wind started to blow harder.

"Water," and it started to rain.

"Thunder," He said, and the soaked Seekers were struck by lighting, or at least; a few.

"Fire," he continued, and instead of normal rain, it was like liquid fire fell from the sky. Those who got hit caught fire. By this time the wind was blowing in such a speed that small hurricanes appeared, dragging Seekers with them.

"Earth!" he finished, and the ground started shaking. Houses collapsed, and the Seekers were thrown to the ground.

In all his anger he had kept a clear spot in his mind. He made sure Mordread could not be hurt by his attacks.

He looked around, and saw loads of dead Seekers. But it was long from over. He had used up all his powers, and things were calming down now. Those who were not wet or burned came runnings towards him -- or, a few others, running away from him. Samuel knew it was over... he had never used so much powers, and knew that he had depleted the most deep amount of energy inside of him. He had simply burned up all fuel. His eyes closed, and he fell forward, out cold.

OoC: Mordread, I give you permission to do with Samuel's body as you like. Such as leaving it there, dragging it with you or whatever.

---

Meanwhile, on a cliff within a temple, a simply dressed acolyte ran trough the halls. He reached right chamber, entered, and looked for Master Folcon. Once he saw the master, he headed over.

"Master Folcon. I am sorry to interupt you, but there are dark-skinned elves coming our way. They ride horses and seem to be in great haste. They carry weapons!" The boy was getting hysterical. he had never seen a fight before in his whole fifteen years.

OoC: If you don't like this, escout, ignore it. I just thought I'd spice things up a bit ;)

#18   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                      • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                      • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

((Thats cool Neo, I was going to bring it in any way))

Their conversation was interupted suddenly when an acolyte burst throught the door, saying dark skinned elves were coming with weapons.

"Seeker!" Tanis said getting to his feet. "You must ready your defences Folcon."

Folcon nodded and turned to the terified acolyte. "Conners," Folcon said, dropping all formality. "Ring the warrning bell and have Margret send the youngest and the infirm to the tunnels. I will go make sure the gates are barred. Sir Tanis, ready your self."

Folcon quickly ran from the room and made his way to the main gate as the bell started to sound. "Close and bar the gates," Folcon yelled. "Get them sealed."

Folcon unfolded his wings and flew up to the walls of the temple, looking out over the small field and down the road of the mountain. He could see the villiage was aflame and the Seekers were riding quickly up the road. "Damn," Folcon swore. "They'll be here in minutes." Folcon jumped from the wall and began directing the acolytes that had assembled so far. "Everyone, we are about to comeunder atack. Those of you skilled with a bow, hurry to the tops of the walls and ready a defence. There are at least two hundred of them." There was significant murmuring to this. "Settle down, I will be honest, most of you are not trained for combat. And those that are, are mostly trained for hunting. Use those skills to stop these Seekers. We cannot let them breach the walls."

Folcon quickly walked towards a door with several acolyte following him and entered it. Inside was the armory. "Quickly now, get bows and quivers, if we can hold the walls in a siege, we can last for at least three months. You three, follow me." Folcon walked up to a second door, this one locked, and pulled out a key from his necklace. He inserted it into the lock and opened the door. Inside was a set of glistening armor, set on a stand with a sword and shield resting on a table beside it.

"Where did this come from Master Folcon?" one of the acolytes asked.

"I brought it with me when I joined this temple, long ago. I had hoped I would never need it agian." Folcon walked up to the armor and lifted the helm and put it on his head, then took it off. "Still fits. Okay, help get this one, I'll guide you through it, I just need an extra set of hands."

"Okay," said the acolyte. He stepped up, and under Folcon's direction, lifted the mail, and placed it into position over Folcon's back. The acolyte marveled at the condition of the armor, and it's design. It was hundreds of year old, yet did not have a speck of dust on it, it looked like it was made yesturday. And it was made so as to alow its user full use of thier wings. Folcon then dircted him through the rest of the armor, strapping on braces, vambraces, grieaves, and finaly, his hemlet, designed to look like an eagle's head.

Folcon then picked up the shield and slung it on his back, before taking the sword and strapping t to his waist. The moment all the armor was in place, Folcon felt himself change slightly, ack into the warrior he once was. He stood tall and took the acolytes back out side to prepaire. By this time, Tanis was there and saw Folcon in his armor.

He walked over and asked, "That's elvan make, isin't it."

Folcon nodded and made his way to the temple walls to see that the Seekers were getting closer.

Suddenly, a shout went out, "Look, look. Someones riding ahead of them, they are being chased.

Folcon looked out and saw that whoever had spoken was correct. There was a horse running fast toward the temple, guided by a woman who held a child in her arms. But the seekers were chasing them and quickly catching up. Soon they would be close enough to the fleeing pair to start shooting. Folcon stepped onto the edge of the wall and exteded his wings before jumping of the wall and flying toward them.

#19   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

Harbred walked under the brightly coloured, "Welcome to Lifassus" sign and into the town square. He saw a tavern on the far side, somewhat obscured by the large fountain in the middle of the cobbled square. Harbred walked towards the tavern, splashing water from the fountain on his face. Walking into the tavern, Harbred was shocked to see that it was packed. There was a massive crowd of people swarming around a table in the middle of the tavern!

Harbred walked over to the bar, confused by the crowd.
                                        "What be all this?" Harbred asked the barman,
                                        "There be some li'l elf 'ere," replied the barman in a heavy Lifassusian accent, "Say he's lookin' fer adventurers. Somethin' about some 'eekers er summin'! Load a peasants trash if ye' ask me"
                                        "Adventurers you say.." Harbred mumbled, standing up and walking to the table in the middle of the tavern, pushing through the crowds of people.
                                        "Who be you and what be you needing, elf?" Harbred demanded of the pointy-eared man sitting at the table.
                                        "I haven't the time to go into specifics, but I am Aachtrool; messenger of the elves. I have come to seek warriors and adventurers, to warn the towns and towns-people of a new threat, Seekers."
                                        "And what be these Seekers?"
                                        "Seekers... Think of them as us elves evil counter-parts"
                                        "And what's in it for us if we help?"
                                        "Fame, fortune, and whatever you can plunder from these tiny devils"

Harbred signed his name on the list sitting infront of Aachtrool, as the elf handed him a small bag of gold coins and a badge showing his allegiance. Aachtrool said:
                                        "Good to have you aboard..." The elf looked at the sheet of paper, "Harbred Gruski, be a fine name.."

Harbred walked out of the bar, joining the crowd of young adventurers who had just signed their names. He listened to them talking of how excited they were to finally see battle. Harbred chuckled to himself. Basking in the glory of having seen hundreds of battles.

Harbred told some of his stories to the eager adventurers. They all made a unanymous decision to stay with Harbred. Aachtrool walked out of the bar, declaring that they had more than enough to combat the Seekers. He shouted for all who had signed their name to follow him as he walked towards the city gates. The group stopped at the gates, for many it was the first time leaving the city. Harbred turned around, facing the group;
                                        "My friends, this is it. It is time to make a step into the history books, to be remembered for something, to be remembered for what we do in the coming months. To be known for the lives we save, to be noticed in the streets as we walk down them upon our heroic return. My friends..
                                        ONWARD, TO VICTORY!" Harbred shouted this to the entire group,
                                        "ONWARD, TO VICTORY!" The group shouted back at him..

The gates swung open and the group walked out into the world, weapons drawn..

#20   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

Mordread stepped slowly through the cracked wall of the inn, still holding his shield high to defend himself and his Human friend from the barrage of arrows shot by the Seekers inside. How are we to escape them alive?, was all that was on Mordread's mind at the time.

He didn't look around, concentrating hard at holding his shield so that no arrows could fly past it. He vaguely heard Samuel yell something from behind, but could only hear the tone of his voice and not the words he spoke.

Suddenly, he heard vicious thunder pounding above them, and felt rain landing on his thick skin. After that, powerful tremors began and the ground beneath them shook violently. He heard the inn creaking slightly, and knew it was best he moved away from it a little. Seconds after he had taken a few steps back, the whole tavern collapsed over the Seekers inside. Finally, the strange natural occurences stopped.

Pulling the arrow out of his arm, Mordread turned around to congratulate Samuel on a job well done, but saw him just as he was falling to the ground. Then, he saw a bunch of Seekers with thin blades running towards the two of them.

Mordread stooped over and grabbed the unconscious magician, throwing his limp body over his shoulders. There weren't a huge amount of dark Elves rushing toward him, but still enough to defeat Mordread. All he could do was to ready his flail and wait for the enemy to arrive.

#21   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

(OOC: Don't tell me this RP is dead already)

#22   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA escout

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

Folcon flew low to the ground, rapidly eating the distance to the two fleeing civileans. When he was just feet away, arrows rained down among the two people on the horse. Folcon flew past the horse and held up his shield, blocking the arrows. But a lucky shot slipped past and burried itself in the horse, causeing it to rear up in pain, throughing it's passengers to the ground. Then the rain of arrows grew heavier. Folcon landed and ran over to the women, who was using herself as a futile shield to protect the child. Just as he approached her, an arrow thudded into her back, forceing a gasp of pain from her, as she slumped to the ground. Folcon held up his shield to protect the two and looked past the edge. He saw that the Seekers had stopped just out of bow range of the temple and were prepairing to fire upon him.

"Please," the woman gasped. "Take my child. Leave me, and protect him. I won't make it. His name is Marth." Then she died as she pushed the infant into his arms.

Folcon stood, keeping the child hidden behind his shield, and spread his wings. Just as he took off, the seekers open fire upon him once more. He dodged throught the air, narrowly avoiding the deadly hail, and flew back toward the temple. Just as he neared the walls, an arrow hit his back, punching through his armor and bitting deep. Screaming in pain, Folcon cleared the ramparts and landed untstedily on the wall. An acolyte ran up and took the child. "His name is Marth," Folcon said, as the acolyte started to hurry off.

"Yes Master, he will be tended to."

Folcon nodded and turned his attention briefly to the field, to see some of the Seekers butcher the dead woman's corpse and horse. "May the god's love bless you," Folcon said, turnning away and walking down the steps to the ground. When he reached the ground, a young acolyte ran up to him looking worried.

"Master Folcon, you must see a healer."

"Yes," Folcon grimiced. "I should. Lend me your shoulder lad." The acolyte walked up and Folcon drapped his arm over the boy's shoulders. "Thanks, now take me there." He then slipped from the boy's shoulder and fell to the ground losing concesness in a sea of blackness.

#23   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

Most of the Seekers rushed up the mountain path towards the temple that was at the top of it, overlooking the small decimated village. Only a dozen remained in the village below, to take care of the few remaining survivors.

One of the Seeker's blades clunked over Mordread's shield, after which he spun round and smashed his flail into the body of the enemy, crushing his bones. Battling with the unconcious Human on his shoulders was difficult, and after a few defeated evil Elves, Mordread was stabbed in the leg with the enemy's slim sword. He keeled over, trying his best to keep Samuel out of harms way.

With all the strength he could muster, Mordread got to his feet and charged with his shield into the group of Seekers in front of him, making some of them fall to the ground. He raised his flail and crushed one of the villains on the ground with it, while kicking another one out of his way. Another sword pierced through his flesh and he finally fell over, defeated.

At that precise moment, a number of Elves on white stallions rode into the detroyed village, showering the Seekers with arrows. Mordread watched as one by one the Seekers around him fell over. Then, he too lost consciousness.

#24   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                  • AKA escout

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

Folcon awoke in a cordened off section of the temple infirmery to find his armor had been removed, and his wound bandaged. Looking over towards the curtin, Folcon saw the elf Tanis, glance up from a book. "Good, your awake," the elf said.

"How long have I been out?" Folcon asked.

"Less than a day."

"How goes the fight with the Seekers?" Folcon asked, getting out of the bed and grabbing a clean kilt that was hung next to it and twisted it on.

"It is over," Tanis said. When Folcon quirked an eyebrow Tanis went on, "Moments after you passed out, a group of my people arrived and were able to drive them off."

Folcon nodded and moved to the curtin, "How many were injured?"

"Three, yourself, and two injured warriors my people brought with them. They are resting at the other end of the wing."

"Good," Folcon said, pushing his way through the curtin and walking across the bed lined room toward one of the doors. In the two beds near it, lay the two injured warriors. Glanceing them over, he saw that one was an older human, and the other was a Ssedeche. The human was still asleep but the Ssedeche was awake. Extending his hand to the injured reptiliean, Folcon said, "Greetings, I am Folcon, master of this temple. I bid you welcolme and a quick recovery. Is there anything I can have brought for you?"

#25   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

Mordread could hear a few people talking around him in whispers. He didn't want to open his eyes, he just wanted to rest and relax... But then he suddenly remembered Samuel, and his eyes sprung open. He turned his head and saw the man rejuvenating in the bed next to his. He was obviously alive, as he was breathing slowly.

Mordread looked at his arms, which were heavily bandaged. It would seem the Seekers had cut and stabbed him a few times after he had passed out. If not for his tough and thick skin, he would have probably been killed momentarily.

Then someone at the other side of his bed pulled aside the curtains that were around the two of them and walked up to him. It was a strange man, mainly because of the large wings he had.

"Greetings, I am Folcon, master of this temple. I bid you welcome and a quick recovery. Is there anything I can have brought for you?" the man said. He was obviously helping them, and he wasn't an enemy.

"I'm Mordread," the Ssedeche said. He attempted to sit upright, but he couldn't do it because of the pain the wounds on his back gave him, "Please, tell me, will my friend be alright?" he said with a gesture towards Samuel.

#26   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                      • AKA escout

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Folcon was about to say something when one of the healers walked in and strode up to him. They conversed quitly for a moment before Folcon nodded and turned toward the Ssedeche, "Your friend will be fine Mordread. He is just sleeping off the effects of the medication the healers gave him." Folcon then turned to Tanis and asked, "Will the child, Marth, be okay?"

The elf nodded and replied, "Aye, one of your acolytes told me he was taken to the rest of the children. What are your plans for him?"

"Just as his mother asked before she died, he will be raised here and serve the temple when he is older." Folcon then turned his attention back to the Ssedeche, "You and your friend are welcolme to stay here as long as you like." Folcon then turned and left the room.

As soon as he was outside the infirmery, Folcon stumbled and caught himself on a railing along the raised walkway. Tanis was by his side in a moment, "You really should have rested longer. Had you been wearing any other armor, that arrow would have skewered you like a shrimp."

"You may be right, but I prefere th comfort of my own quarters," Folcon said, limping down the hallway. He paused a moment and looked over his shoulder saying, "Find Acolyte Conners and tell him to keep an eye on the Ssedeche and his friend."

"You don't trust them?"

"I trust them, for now. But there are things in this temple, powerful things, that outsiders are not ment to see. Yourself included."

"I have been made aware of the fifth level basment being off limits. I assure you, I will follow the laws of this temple, and so will my fellows that arrived."

"But unlike elves, humans are more likely to do what they are forbidden to do," and with that, Folcon continued down the hallway and up a flight of staires and down another hallway. In a few moments he arrived at his chambers and entered.

#27   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

((OOC - Please don't tell me this RP is dead, it is good. Come on people. Post, contribute, do something to keep this RP alive.))

#28   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:11 AM

(OOC: Well, Neo doesn't seem to be visiting GSSF anymore, and I'm not active because of my internet.)

#29   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:54 AM

((Since no one else is posting, I'm just going to continue. Maybe I can revive this RP. Someone needs to get NG back here))

Folcon enterd his chambers and walked through the modestly decorated sitting room and into his private sleeping rooms. He approached the bed and tiredly threw himself upon it.

His eyes had not even be closed for a minute when he was pounced upon by a furry form and a cheery voice said, "Master Folcon, Master Folcon. I'm so glad to see you safe. I was so worried when Conners came in and said you were hurt, but he wouldn't let me visit you. I'm so glad your safe."

Folcon cracked an eye open and glared gently at the furry body that was now snuggling up against him. "Alright Marcus, calm down," Folcon said to the kitsune-nekojin hybrid. "I'm fine. I just need to rest."

"I was just so worried about you. And I-"

Folcon silinced the little demon with a kiss and said softly as he drew away, "I'm fine Marcus, now please, I need to sleep."

"Can I stay with you tonight?"

Folcon nodded and drew Marcus close to himself and soon drifted off to sleep.

((OOC - okay, Folcon gots a thing for a little fox-cat demon. Thats just one of the temple's secrets of it being a refuge to outcaste good demons. Marcus is the only improtant one. I'll go add his profile now. And don't worry Mods, I'll keep everything PG.))

#30   R-dog 

• Lord
                                                            • PipPipPipPip
                                                              • Joined: 29-May 07
                                                              • Location:A nowhere town in a nowhere state
                                                              • Interests:Gah, I'm too lazy/busy to put something here right now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

(( I might join with Valia, but I'll wait for a good place to jump in. ))

#31   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

((If your going to jump in, you might as well do it now. It seems that I'm the only one doing anything in this RP, considering the creater left and hasen't been seen in a few months. So just jump in and start I guess.))

#32   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 4,114
                                                                  • AKA escout

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:10 PM

((OOC- Will someone RP here. Please?))

#33   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,300
                                                                    • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:Netherlands
                                                                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:29 AM

OoC: Sorry for my long absence, back now.

IC:

Samuel slowly regained consciousness. He opened his eyes, yet closed them again, as he suddenly gained a terrible headache. After taking a few deep breaths, he once again opened them, and sat up straight. He looked around him.

It seemed he was in some sort of medical room. He himself was in a comfortable bed, and his newly made friend, Mordread, was sitting in the bed next to him. Just as he moved his view to the right, he saw a man unknown to him leave the room. Seems like the battle was over, and he was still alive. He wondered what happened to the commander of the Seekers.

The last thing he remembered was that he used all his powers on his enemies. He was not sure whether he killed a lot, but he was sure that he would never use such an amount of energy again. Not only did he defy the rules of nature, he almost killed himself in the process. This was probably the first time he had used up so much power. Somehow he felt like he had grown stronger, now that he had rested. His powers were quickly returning, and he was positive he could stand up.

And so he could, he noticed when he stood besides his bed. He looked at the Ssedeche next to him, and spoke; "Hello there, Mordread. How long have I been out?"

#34   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 4,671
                                                                      • Location:...
                                                                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

(OOC: About time)

"About time you woke up!" Mordread said loudly. Once again he attempted to stand up but the wounds in his back made by the arrows were too painful. "I was getting worried, even if Folcon said you will be fine... And I'm not really sure how long you've been out for. I only woke up a short while ago."

Mordread went on and on like he often did, "Well, you've certainly got some surprises up your sleeve. That magic you performed was very impressive. Shame it backfires like that..."

Then he looked over Samuel towards the entrance to the room and said, "Darn, I'm hungry. I could also do with a little beer. Nothing's more pleasant after being unconscious for a long time than alcohol." He pulled himself upright and ignored the pains this time. He poked his head through the door and yelled "Hello?"

#35   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

As it turned out, Folcon wasn't going to get much sleep. He had only been out for a few minutes, when the door was opened and he was shaken awake. "Master Folcon, Master Folcon."

Folcon opened his eyes and glared sleepily at a blurry form. "I'm tired, come back latter."

"But Master Folcon," the speaker said, whom Folcon now realized was Conners, "the human in the medical ward is awake. You had requested to be notified when he did."

Folcon scratched his head sleepily and thought, I don't recall giving that order. Shrugging his shoulders, Folcon slid out of Marcus's tiny grip and rolled into a sitting position. "A fresh kilt" he requested, standing up and tossing his current one away onto the dirty laundry pile. Conners handed him the clean bolt of cloth and Folcon wrapped it around his waist. He then turned toward Conners and nodded, before following the Acolyte out the door and closing the young demon inside.

Wearily, they traversed the path to the medical ward. Inside, Folcon saw Mordred sitting in his bed, grumbling unhappily. In the be next to him, the human Mordred had identified as Samuel lay awake.

Folcon nodded to them drowsily, and said, "It is good to see you both awake. If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. However, I must request that you stay in the infirmary until proper quarters can be prepared. I am assigning Acolyte Conners here to assist you in any way. But I must insist you stay here. If you desire fresh air," Folcon said, pointing to the far side of the room where there were curtains hanging, "The doors behind those curtains open onto a balcony that overlooks one of our many beautiful gardens. Although, the view ain't much right now because its dark out," Folcon chuckled softly. "I recommend you two just get some more sleep. If you need something just ask Conners. Now as for me, I'm going back to my own bed. I wish you both a good rest."

Folcon then turned around and left, leaving Conners in the room, and shuffling back up the stairs and down the halls until he final reached his chambers. Pushing the door open, and closing it behind him, Folcon returned to his bed and climbed under the covers and closed his eyes. Just before he drifted off once more, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and a furry head nuzzle his shoulder, and heard the whispered words, "I'm glad your back."

#36   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                          • Posts: 1,300
                                                                          • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                                          • Location:Netherlands
                                                                          • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

Samuel was just explaining Mordread how the magic backfired on him, meaning it burned up all his energy and left him with no reserves, when -- probably the master of this temple -- a man walked in, name unknown to him. The only name which was told to him, not even directly, was Conners.

"So, Conners," Samuel started. "Mordread here could use a large pint, and I myself can use a refreshing glass of good wine. I hope that this is available here?"

"Of course, master," said the Acolyte, and left the room.

"So it's night, huh," Samuel again spoke, as he lifted his feet from the bed and stood up. His strength was recovering at an amazing speed.

He walked towards the balcony, moved away the curtains and stepped outside, into the night. It was a quiet, peaceful night, only disturbed by the -- now weak -- scent of fire. They must have been out cold for at least a day or two, as there were no more fires to be seen, not even a red glow in the air. He remembered to have seen this temple from his little house at the lake; the temple was placed near a cliff, and he could see it when he was taking the route towards the village. He always wanted to visit it, and now he did.

He stepped back inside, and looked at Mordread. At that moment, Conners once again came in, carrying a large beer and a glass of red wine. Samuel accepted it with a "Ah, thank you," took a nip, noticed the wine had an amazingly good flavour, thanked Conners again, and sat down on his bed. He smiled at Mordread.

"Say, Mordread. I still haven't thanked you for saving my life. I assume you must have protected me while I was knocked out, otherwise I would have been dead now. This means I am in your debt, so if you ever require assistence of some sort, just shout my name, and I will come," he said. He had just given away one of his closest possessions. Mordread was now partially in control of Samuel. No matter how far they would be away from eachother, if Mordread would shout out his full name, Samuel would come to help him, no matter what.

#37   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • Posts: 4,671
                                                                            • Location:...
                                                                            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

"Heh, thanks, but I was only doing what every self-respecting person in the world would do," he took a couple of large gulps of beer, spilling a bit over his chest, "Wow, good stuff this. Anyhow, I didn't really succeed in defending you or even myself all that much, because I was knocked out pretty soon after you used that magic of yours. That guy that came to say hello just now, his name is Falcon or something like that, he must have saved us both."

Then he came to a realization and put his free hand on his scaly head saying, "Damn, I forgot to even thank him! I was in so much pain and too worried about you to think of anything else. Well, next time we see him I'll have to thank..." But then he stopped.

Hastily putting down his pint on a small table next to his bed, he looked at the floor around it. Then he looked under the bed and finally he searched the whole room. Thinking, he said, "Where are my weapons? My flail and shield, the two things that have saved my life time and again? I DON'T like people taking my belongings!" he said walking toward the door feeling slightly annoyed but grateful to Folcon at the same time. Nevertheless, he needed his weapons by his side.

Once again, he looked into the hallway beyond and saw nobody, just two doors at both ends. He pondered whether he should go looking for them.

#38   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                              • AKA escout

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

Acolyte Conners's POV

Conners hurried over to Mordred and said, "Sir, Master Folcon insisted that you stay in this room. If there is anything you need, I am to get it."

"I want my weapons," the Ssedeche said.

Conners bowed and said, "They have been taken to the armory for cleaning and repair sir. They will be returned to you sometime tomorrow - er - today," Conners corrected himself, looking at the clock and seeing it was passed midnight. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

Page 1 of 1
                                                                              • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                              • You cannot reply to this topic