Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rurouni Kenshin: Beyond The Last Page Kenshin Fanfic

#1   Folcon 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
    • AKA escout

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

I figured it was about time to start my own fanfic. If you haven't read Rurouni Kenshin, which is like, the best manga ever imo, then do so. Otherwise, you might not know what the hell is going on here. This story takes place about two years after the manga series officaly ends.

Disclaimers, warnings, and stuff: Himura Kenshin and all his friends are not mine. They belong to the highly esteemed Nobuhrio Watsuki. I am making no money off this so please don’t sue. As this is a story based on swordfights and stuff, expect blood and violence, along with mild language. Nothing worse than PG13 though, so don’t worry people. Also, as I plan to try and keep this true to the Kenshin form, I will be using Japanese terms. If this causes problems, I will put a glossary of terms used at the end of each section. I can’t think of anything else so I guess I need to introduce my fan-made character and then get the story started.

Kyle Lightwind – Yes this is the name I picked.
    Age – about 29

Appearance - about 5’10 and about 160lbs, mildly muscled, with golden hued hair that is short cut, and vibrant blue eyes that can go from merry to serious and back again, in an instant. Wears brown pants, a muted green top with long sleeves, and brown leather boots. Carries a sword on his right hip, as he is left-handed. If seen shirtless you would notice a scar running from his right shoulder to his left hip, which he acquired in a fight some years ago.

Personality – Kyle is a generous and kind person; as long as he is not mad, then watch out. He strongly believes in justice and will punish people that commit crimes as he sees fit before handing them over to authorities. But he will also give his foes a chance to surrender, as he doesn’t like to fight unless he must. (Guess that makes him like Kenshin, it will be fun to see how well they get along.) He believes in Chivalry and will fight to defend his honor.

History – Kyle was born and raised on the streets of England. He and his mother were homeless and the life on the streets taught him many unpleasant lessons. When he was eight, a group of perverted thugs attacked Kyle and his mother and she was murdered. In his rage over his mother’s death, he picked up a piece of pipe attacked the thugs as a noblemen walked by. Kyle was able to defeat three of them and sent the rest running out of the alley they were in. The noble approached out of pity and Kyle attacked him out of rage. Drawing his sword, the noble knocked the weapon from Kyle’s hand and grabbed the boy. Kyle collapsed into his arms and cried. The noble ordered his servant to bring a wagon and took Kyle and his mother’s body to his estate, where she was buried. He then took the boy in and raised him like a son. As he grew older, Kyle learned three forms of sword arts and five forms of martial arts. For a while, he spent his time walking the streets, helping innocent people when he could. Considered a noble himself, he still dressed as a commoner as tribute to his late mother. Eventually, his adopted father started receiving threats against his life. Fearing for Kyle, he sent him to study abroad for several years. Kyle journeyed to numerous places around the world until he arrived in Japan one faithful day.

Hmm, that was longer than I had planned for a character bio, any way, on to the story.

Rurouni Kenshin: beyond the last page

Act I

17th year of Meiji

A large passenger ship pulls into port. Standing on the bow is a young man with golden hair. "So this is Tokyo," he says. "I wonder what it’s like." After the ship docks, he follows the crowd through the boat and makes his way to the gangway. After he steps off the platform, he straps a sword to his waste, pulls a bag onto his shoulder, and looks around at his surroundings in wonder.

"First time in Tokyo?" a voice asks from behind him. The young man turns around to see a tall man with spiky black hair and a white over coat with bandages around his exposed stomach.

The young man nods, "Yea, first time in this part of the world actually."

"I could show you around if you want, there’s a good restaurant not far from here. With a good inn nearby as well."

The young man looks the older in the face for a moment and sees they are really about the same age, before shrugging his shoulders and replying, "Sure, why not." He extends his hand and says, "Names Kyle, nice to meet you."

The man accepts the handshake and replies, "I’m Sagara Sanosuke, my friends call me Sano."

Meanwhile, at the very establishment Kyle and Sano are walking to:

"Kaoru-chan, Kenshin-san, welcome," said a young woman, as a young looking man with long red hair and a young woman with black hair and a child holding her hand, walked in through the door. "And hello there Kenji-kun," she said to the child.

"Hello Tae-san," Kaoru replied. "It is good to see you."

"For three then," the matron of the Akabeko restaurant asked.

"Aye," Kenshin responded.

"Right this way," the young woman led the pair and their child to a table and went into the kitchen. A few minutes latter, she returned with three trays of food and set them down. At that moment, they heard the door slide open. "Hello and welcome to Akabek-eek!"

"What’s wrong," Kaoru asked, looking toward the door. In the doorway stood two young men, one with golden hair and blue eyes, and the other, "Sano," she yelled, getting up.

"Hey guys," Sano said grinning. "Long time no see."

"It’s good to see you again," Kenshin said as the two young men walked over. "Whose your friend," Kenshin asked, indicating the golden-haired person next to him.

"This is Kyle, met as we got of the boat," Sano replied. "Kyle, this is that friend I was telling you about."

Kyle bowed and replied, "It is nice to meet you, Himura-san. Sano tells me you are an accomplished swordsmen."

It was at that moment that Kaoru noticed the sword at Kyle’s side as the sat down. "Hey," she said quietly, "didn’t you know there is a sword banning law. No one is allowed to carry them anymore."

Kyle nodded towards some men at a nearby table, "Then why do they carry them. And those men over there," he said, indicting another table near the first.

"A good eye," Kenshin said.

"So for two more is it?" the matron asked.

"Make that three more," a voice said from the doorway.

"Yahiko," Kaoru said, getting back to her feet and embracing the young man as he walked up.

"Leggo," the he said, pushing her away and sitting down.

Kyle looked over at this new person and noticed the sword he carried. "I thought swords were forbidden."

Yahiko held up the sword and said, "Metal sword are, but wooden swords like this, they are allowed."

Kyle nodded as the matron brought out two more trays of food and placed them before Kyle and Yahiko. "Hey," Sano asked, "Where’s mine?"

"You still have a hefty tab here, Sanosuke. No food for you till you pay it."

"I haven’t been here for years, how could you still hold it against me?"

"Cause you never pay."

"Fine," Sano sighed. "How much do I owe?"

"Two hundred thousand yen."
    "What!" Sano shouted.

"What do you expect," Kaoru said, "You’ve been amassing interest for seven years now."

Kyle arched an eyebrow at that, "That’s pretty sad man."

"I don’t need your opinion brat."

"I’m practically the same age as you," Kyle replied.

"So, I’m still one of the best fist fighters in Japan."

"What’s your point," Kyle asked, just before there was a loud crash outside, followed by lots of yelling. The men Kyle had noticed with swords got up and ran out the door. "Wonder what’s going on," Kyle said as he hurried after them with the others close behind.

Outside, they saw the men who had run out, and a group of others, surrounding a group of children. "This will teach you to try and run away from your masters," one of them men said, holding one of the children in the air and punching him.

"Damn yakuza," Kaoru said, stepping forward.

Kyle put out his arm to stop her. "I’ll stop them," he said stepping towards the edge of the building as the man continued to hit the child. Counting quickly he saw twenty men. This should be easy, he thought, as he jumped up and caught the eves of the building and pulled himself up. He then jumped off the roof and landed in the middle of the group, surprising everyone. Glaring at the man, Kyle said, "Those that gang up one others are scum, those that pick on children are lower then scum, and those that gang up on children like this," he said, indicating the scene, "are even lower."

"I don’t know who you think you are," the man said, tossing the beaten child aside, "but your gonna regret this." He stepped forward and drew a long slim sword.

"A katana," Kyle acknowledged with a nod. "Never fought against one of those before."

"Draw your sword punk," the man said.

"Humph, scum like you are not even worth the honor of facing my blade."

"Then I’ll kill you even easier," the man said.

"If you wish to fight," Kyle replied, taking a pair of gloves from his back pocket and pulling them on, "then let these children go, so they don’t get hurt."

"Ha, ha, ha. You should be worrying about yourself little man," the man said, walking closer to him. "Fine, you brats get back into the restaurant. We pick you up when I finish taking care of this trash."

"Don’t let your optimism be your down fall," Kyle said, as the children ran into the building.

"Shut up you, now you die." The man dashed at Kyle sword raised and swung down at him.

"I can’t look," Kaoru said, hiding her eyes.

Kyle watched the blade, as time seemed to slow down. He casually brought up his hand and caught the blade, and then time seemed to continue. "He caught it!”"Yahiko shouted amazed at what he had seen.

"A good try," Kyle said, pushing the sword aside. "But not good enough. Such tactics work better with heaver blades."

"I’ll show you good tactics," the man shouted, charging at Kyle and attempted to attack again.

Kyle calmly side stepped out of the way and dogged, as the man went past and barely avoided running into a wall. "I could do this all day," Kyle said, completely unafraid.

"I’ll show you," the man shouted. "Come on, we can all take him!"

"He’s right," some guy in the crowd of thugs said, stepping forward and drawing a sword. The rest of the group soon followed his example.

"So its back to gang up tactics," Kyle sighed, "how pathetic."

(Act II coming soon. Give input on what you think.)

#2   Folcon 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
      • AKA escout

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

come on people, if you aint gonna comment on content, grammer nazi me or something. Just say what you think about my story. I value your opinon.

#3   DivineEclipse 

• New User
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:My Love<br />I love Hello Kitty and Charmmy Kitty &lt;3 ^.^&lt;3<br />&lt;3 I have a DEEP love for Pucca as well &lt;3<br />Pokemon<br />Golden Sun<br />Super Smash Bros<br />Music<br />Being in the MLG<br />Lambos<br />3k GT<br />Chillin and having a good time

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:00 AM

Es, lets put it this way. . . . .

I only said i was going to read a lil and i ended up reading it all XD. Its really good, i want to hear more!

I need more story to be critical or whatever. . .As for mow im just enjoying it :agitated:

#4   Folcon 

• Master Adept
          • AKA escout

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

Act II

"Let's help him," Yahiko said, stepping forward and drawing his wooden sword as the men closed in on Kyle.

"Right," Sano nodded, following close behind.

"Wait," Kenshin said, "I don't think he needs help."

"Are you crazy, its twenty to one," Yahiko yelled.

"Just watch," Kenshin replied.

As they turned their attention back to the fight, they saw Kyle dodge a blow and pivot around, drawing his sword in the same movement, and blocking a second strike with the blade. In the brief moment their swords were locked, Kyle stepped forward and rammed his knee into the man's stomach. With a groan, the man stumbled back and was replaced by another.

"You sure we shouldn't help?" Yahiko asked as Kyle dodged another attack and slammed the pommel of his sword into the back of his attacker's head, knocking the man to the ground.

"I suppose we could," Kenshin said, looking over at Sano, who grinned widely.

"All right," Sano said, running forward and tackling one of the yakuza goons and beating the man senseless before going after another.

By this time, Kyle had already incapacitated three more foes. As he turned around, he saw three men charging him at once. He managed to dodge one blade, and parry the second, but the third sliced into his leg, causing him to grunt in pain and stumble back. Now angered, he shifted his weight to his good leg, and lunged toward his nearest foe, this time not even bothering to strike with the flat of his blade, but running it right through the man's ribcage. In a spray of blood, the man fell dead. Looking up, he saw that Sano, Kenshin, and Yahiko had dispatched seven more. The remaining yakuza members looked at each other and, dropping their swords, took off running.

A silence settled for a moment, but was broken by a sharp-pitched whistle. Kyle turned toward the sound as Kenshin and Sano stepped up beside him, and saw several uniformed men running in their direction.

"Figures the police get here after all the action calms down," Yahiko said, as the men surrounded them.

"You're all under arrest," one of the officers stated.

"Is that so?" Kyle asked, sheathing his blade. "And what is the charge?"

"Carrying a sword, using a sword, murder, public disturbance..."

"I see," Kyle said. "And never mind the fact that these men were beating a child for no apparent reason."

"None the less, you are still under arrest. Surrender peacefully."

"Wait!" a voice called out in the crowd. The crowd parted and several children walked up, including the child that was being beaten. "Let them go, they were only trying to protect us."

"Yeah, let em go," someone in the crowd shouted.

"Take the yakuza but let those guys go," another called.

"But," the officer said, plainly flustered.

"Forget it," another officer said. "It's the yakuza we want anyway."

"Very well," the first officer said, and they began rounding up the unconscious yakuza members. The children went with the officers and everything soon settled down.

"Come on, let's go back to the dojo," Kaoru said, taking Kenji's hand and leading the way. Everyone, including Kyle, followed.

((I know, short, I'm having trouble figuring out how to tie in the next few events. I'll try to have the next Act up as soon as I can. But it might take a while.))

#5   Viridian Tiger 

• Gallant
          • PipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Manga, art, games, T.V, friends, music, etc.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:07 PM

Wow, that's really good! ^^ I enjoy reading it! I hope more awesomness is coming soon!
            (Of course, you're speaking to someone who has no expirience what-so-ever in actually creating a fanfic. T-T)

#6   Folcon 

• Master Adept
              • AKA escout

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

I know its been a while, but I have started on Act III and will try to finish and have it up by the end of the weekend.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic