Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who will be the main character(s)?

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:18 AM

If Golden Sun has any sort of tradition, GS3 won't give you Isaac or Felix as your main character. If that's the case, who WILL your main character be, and who would be your band of four? Jenna was on your team for a bit in GS1, which I think foreshadowed her being on your team in GS2(tLA). Was there anyone else on your team for any short while that might end up on your team again in the future, or anyone who may have helped you in the past?

Also: the four that composed your team in GS2 were all drawn together for a common goal, the same would probably happen again. What would that goal or reason be?

(EDIT: This is similar to what Nyktos posted:

"Who do you think the main characters in GS3 will be? Sure it could be about Isaac, but that would be boring. I think it should be characters that are less important in the first games, for example: as a party Susa, Kay, Feizhi, and...some water adept.")

#2   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA watch

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:53 AM

Well my opinion it would really depend on the time frame. Would it be years after and Alex still at large? Or set into the future...
      I imagine that Garets little Brother/Sister could be a fire adept.
      I don't know names but that guy who had the boulder stuck on him in GS1, the Earth guy. And on that note maybe the guy who fought the Serpent at Gaia rock in GS:Tla, or maybe Briggs son.
      Wind adepts...No one really comes to mind, I guess you could stretch to someone from one of those Monk temples or a Indian type guy from Hesperia(?).
      Water adept? Maybe that little kid from Imil in GS1.

If it's more into the future maybe the Main characters desendents.

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
        • Group: Admin

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

I'd love to see us control Alex - not only would he be a solid, cool character to control, he seems to be the type of character to have a darker, interesting past, etc.

Plus, imagine a one-on-one duel between Isaac and Alex, wielders of the power of the Golden Sun. :D

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

I know a lot of people here are fond of the characters from the original series, but I think we should see a completely new cast. I personally believe the current characters are done with, and I doubt that there would be another struggle with alchemy in their youth, or even in there lifetimes.

Like watch said, it depends on how far after the end events of TLA are in GS3. If it's only about 15 years after TLA I'd like to control Briggs' son. C'mon, who wouldn't want to play as a 17-year old pirate boy who can use Psynergy? :D It would also be a nice change of pace to play as someone who wasn't as Lawful Good as Felix/Isaac, since pirates are obviously on the Chaotic side. Look at the GS3 Good/Evil topic.

#5   Blink 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:30 AM

A far future is certainly an option, seeing all the kids come back again as master adepts would be pretty cool, all having grown up in a world full of alchemy. Even so, the idea of Alex as a playable character is equally interesting to me, as it may mean that the Wiseone would actually be evil, bringing back into question the Wiseone's morality (an issue at the end of the Lost Age). If Alex shone new light on the Wiseone's character, I would much rather see Alex playable in the next game rather than a world full of alchemists.

As a side note though, I think Camelot has shown how much they like the idea of the party being grounded on an earth adept, so I doubt Alex would be the main character. If history repeats itself, the main character will be one from Vale, though honestly I cannot think of any other characters who would lend themselves to this position. Do you guys have any thoughts on the matter?

#6   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
              • AKA Darksword

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

i think that you would be playing as the kids of Issac/jenna: Briggs/chau-somthing :P : Susa/um..hoewver you saved from the serphent and so on.

#7   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                • Interests:.5% per annum.
                • AKA Spam King

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:15 AM

I agree with WD; there should be a completely new cast. I think the original characters have had enough trauma for one lifetime, and seeing them in a starring role once again seems a bit like godmodding in my opinion. As for using minor characters as party members, they would be far too generic.

Plus, I like the idea of having the game set perhaps a hundred years in the future, so loyal gamers would get a lift out of the main characters referring to the heroes of the past, especially in a good light.

#8   Fehize 

• New User

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:31 PM

I think I am acutally for a cast that consists of people from the past. I'm not really into the future thing 'cause of the fact of Isaac getting older does not really please me. -laughs as she nervously sighs-

If I had a random choice, I would have Isaac, Feizhi, Kushinada, and Garet's brother. -brick'd-

#9   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:25 AM

Isaac's kind of out of the question for me. You want weak-ass people to start of with so you can do the epic growing in to hero thing we've seen in GS1 and GS2. Isaac, having super special awesome powers and all, won't make a growing into a hero character. The other option to use Isaac as a main character will be to make everything around him, a lot stronger, thus indirectly weakening him. Which equals to a lame idea.

Probably a new set, or known but weak adepts. Which brings me to... transferring stats. All the hard leveling you've done to bring Isaac's group and Felix' group to that ultimate setting thing, what would they be good for in GS3? (if there's a topic about this, I'm sorry for asking, I'll check later.) Idea 1 would be, guest battles, they're playable for parts of the game. Idea 2 would be, a very, very, very late meet-up with the old gang.

#10   Firemblemaniac 

• New User

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

If you ask me, Alex's going to be the main character...

#11   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                      • PipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

What I would love to see is Camelot taking a random poll of ff.net and deciding which -ship is the most popular and then have the lovechild be the main character.

Of course this could result in a serious decline in game sales when the opposition is butt-hurt about it.

#12   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

View PostSaturos Striker, on Nov 3 2007, 06:25 AM, said:

Isaac's kind of out of the question for me. You want weak-ass people to start of with so you can do the epic growing in to hero thing we've seen in GS1 and GS2. Isaac, having super special awesome powers and all, won't make a growing into a hero character. The other option to use Isaac as a main character will be to make everything around him, a lot stronger, thus indirectly weakening him. Which equals to a lame idea.

Probably a new set, or known but weak adepts. Which brings me to... transferring stats. All the hard leveling you've done to bring Isaac's group and Felix' group to that ultimate setting thing, what would they be good for in GS3? (if there's a topic about this, I'm sorry for asking, I'll check later.) Idea 1 would be, guest battles, they're playable for parts of the game. Idea 2 would be, a very, very, very late meet-up with the old gang.

Great points here. The characters from the original game come to be far too powerful to really work as player characters for GS3. I guess they could pull a DnD and have you use the original cast at lvl 40+ and have you go into the "epic" levels but that would be unbearable lame and strange.

This points to a new cast... set in the farther future. I wouldn't want to play as the original character's kids. That would be really cliche and awkward seeing the original characters at 40 or so years old.

I think Isaac needs some sort of cameo. Maybe the power of the Golden Sun (even if it was a small amount) allows him (and Alex) to live forever? If that's so, we could see both characters in the game even if it's set 100 years past the events of TLA. Alex would be spreading evil in the land and I could see Isaac trying to stop Alex. He probably wouldn't be powerful enough since he only had a small portion of the Golden Sun's power so he needs the player's help, but guilt rids him of the confidence to do so, so he outcasts himself in a cave or something.

Well... it's an idea anyway.

#13   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                            • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                            • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

I read a fanfic where the setting is actually in modern times. I wish I could find it again, but all I know is that there was a link to it on a page at GSR. Since then, GSR's made a fanfic site archive thingy and I haven't been able to find it. I can't even remember the author, which sucks, because it was a REALLY good story. Anyway, you might think that haveing the setting in modern times would equal a uber phail, but this story was pulled off quite well. It explained what happened to everything and how eveerything went from this to that and whatnot. Wish I could find it, I never even finished it. D:

Anyway, the main characters were Alex, Piers (as a ghost of sorts), a descendant of Isaac, a descendant of Garet, and a siren or something. Can't remember that last one, but she was the wind user. Piers was sort of like what Kraden was, but less of a teacher and more of a helper (he flew the ship among a few other things).

#14   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

In my opinion, using characters that are in any way related to the original characters would be laziness on the writers part.

New characters please.

#15   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

Saturos Striker made a really good point. The character data transfer was a huge point in GS2, as it should be in GS3. That's not going to work if we fly a hundred years into the future really. At the same time, a 12 person party might be a bit... excessive. But it could still happen.

So Alex seems to be the most picked character from the present era, and everyone else seems to be too minor according to general consensus, but Alex can't be the main character as a water adept. So what if he wasn't?

One thing I thought of would be him playing the puppet master again. Find someone who we've lost track of in the series from Vale, a young boy, another friend or something. Someone we must have met earlier. Then take Alex and have him try to create something out of him, after say, finding that he could not wield the Golden Sun's power as a water adept alone, but needed the other three elements to combine their forces with his own, back at Lemuria or something (but I don't actually recommend Lemuria). He could do this with someone from Prox as a fire adept... don't know how the Wind Adept would work out though.

The only problem then is Alex's level, since he's obviously pretty high. Maybe the Wise One reduced his strength so he was insignificant at the end of GS2?

#16   Moonear 

• Disciple

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

OMFG an old member? Stay and do not leave again.

I really think there should be some old characters in the new game. Or at least descendants of the old characters if they don't put the old characters.

#17   water adept 

• Squire
                                  • Pip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:45 AM

Maybe it might be a prequal where you have to estinguish the lighthouses :P

#18   cretetts 

• New User

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

I beleive that Bigg's son is the main charactor, Garets little bro aaron is the fire adept, and some random kids for water and wind.

#19   Sothe 

• Squire
                                      • Pip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

The problem with Eoleo is we don't know for sure what kind of Adept he is. The spells he uses are rather generic, and when he actually does use a real spell, it's a spell any of your characters can use provided they are equipped with the right item. He also has red hair -Not red-orange hair, like Isaac, dark red hair, similar to Garet's. And Jenna's. And Garet's little brother's. Notice the similarities there?

So while Eoleo could be a Venus Adept, we simply don't know enough about him to rule out the possiblity of him being a Mars Adept.

Personally, I think it should be an entirely new cast, save for the Wise One and Alex. Eoleo is a cool character, I wouldn't mind if he was the main, but it's only going to take him fifteen years or so to grow up, and I think the next story should take place much later than that.

#20   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:28 AM

I'd like to see Alex and Isaac return, but only them! Some of the rest of the cast could make small cameos though or other roles but not playable. Isaac could be the 5th Adept and master of all elements cause afterall he got some of the Golden Sun's power at the end of tLA or give him a complete different element as Light (as the light from the sun) while still keeping his signature moves.

As a main character, I'd like them to bring in a new character, or make Alex the main hero. Maybe as a Fire Adept the long lost son of Saturos or someone?

#21   CeruSapph 

• New User

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

Hmm...A NEW main character for GS...That's a COMPLETELY good question..I hope there WILL be a GS3 because it's fun but frustrating just guessing. ^^

But for a new team, Eoleo should be in it. Maybe IF he is in the new cast, we'll finally learn what KIND of psynergy he uses. And just throw some random kids in it. But it'd be an awesome continuation IF Camelot does decide to make another.

#22   Jenna 

• Knight
                                            • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Eeeeh? Isaac doesn't have redorange hair... It's blonde. =X

I've always hoped for Garet's brother to be playable in there, somewhere. He'd always say things like, "I wanna adventure, too!" So I'd always hoped that'd happen for him... He could grow up to be the light blade/staff user a la Ivan and Jenna. :D

That, and this deviates from the topic a bit, but Gaia falls was not shown beneath Tundaria. It was blocked off. Wouldn't it be interesting, if there was more to Weyard down there? They probably did that for a purpose. (With everything pertaining to alchemy in the parts of the world you've already played in though, I can't imagine anything spectacular is down there...)

#23   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

View PostCeruSapph, on Apr 14 2008, 11:17 PM, said:

Hmm...A NEW main character for GS...That's a COMPLETELY good question..I hope there WILL be a GS3 because it's fun but frustrating just guessing. ^^

But for a new team, Eoleo should be in it. Maybe IF he is in the new cast, we'll finally learn what KIND of psynergy he uses. And just throw some random kids in it. But it'd be an awesome continuation IF Camelot does decide to make another.

So BASICALLY it's going to be somebody COMPLETELY new? REALLY?

Srsly no need for caps.

#24   the wise one 

• New User

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

What I think would be really cool is if you played as Alex, but you start off inside of Mt. Aleph. From there, you track down other people who have also been banished there, and they join your party. The plot would not be trying to gain the power of the Golden Sun, but to kill the Wise One. But as the story went on, the people in your party would began to desert you or betray you for their own purposes, as you would either kill them in direct battle or hunt them down and kill them. ( They wouldnt all leave at once, however.) And maybe you would attack GS 1 and 2 characters? And eventually, the final battle would be between Alex and The Wise One in the Elemental Star chamber of Sol Sanctum. And maybe it would be kind of cool if the heroes from the other games came in to help/save you, or to help the Wise One. That would be a game that I would buy.

#25   King Hydros 

• Squire
                                                  • Pip
                                                    • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Boys/Guys, cool stuff, Time

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

I think that it would be kind of cool if the game went back into the past... Instead of unleashing alchemy, you would be sealing it. The main person could still be an earth adept from Vale. I think that this would be a interesting idea.

Do you not agree?

#26   Nyktos 

• Berserker
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                      • Location:ur mom lolz im so funy
                                                      • AKA Felix of Vale

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

I suspect that it will be 100 years later, where Alex reapearred so you have to resurrect Isaac or something. So probably a new cast of characters.

As for how stat transfer works, it'd probably be a sort of "if you do certain things in the first game you get leet equipment" sort of thing. It could work by putting both games in the DS at the same time, like in Pokemon (assuming GS3 is for DS).

#27   Viridian Tiger 

• Gallant
                                                      • PipPipPip
                                                        • Location:Far away from somewhere
                                                        • Interests:Manga, art, games, T.V, friends, music, etc.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

I think it may be either descendants of our original heroes with Alex as the main villain, or before the events of Golden Sun. (Past or future)

There's a good chance for a new cast of characters and foes, and maybe some returning heroes (seeing as how all the villain's died except for Alex. We don't know what happened to him).

#28   inthenameofDT 

• Gallant
                                                        • PipPipPip
                                                          • Location:Berkley, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Jul 7 2007, 05:05 PM, said:

I'd love to see us control Alex - not only would he be a solid, cool character to control, he seems to be the type of character to have a darker, interesting past, etc.

Plus, imagine a one-on-one duel between Isaac and Alex, wielders of the power of the Golden Sun. :)

that duel would indeed be awesome.

kinda similar to what i was thinking. someone else touched up on the main character being descendants of the main crews from GS1 and GS2. imagine the game taking place a thousand years into the future, with people misusing the power of alchemy. alchemy must be sealed again, with the game starting from some random spot, and ending in the Chamber of the elemental stars. similar to GS1, and GS2, this could be set into two games, doing two lighthouses in each game. though with the larger size of games made today, that may not be necessary, but to stick with tradtion, i think it should be done.

It may be a relatively boring objective part of the game, but im sure they could make it play as well as the first two games, and also make it just as entertaining.

by this point in the game's storyline, they discover that alchemy can only be unleashed for a period of time, not forever, and that they must go back and forth between lighting the lighthouses, and sealing alchemy, and that in another thousand years or however long, someone new is going to have to light the lighthouses.

EDIT: i know it was never clearly stated, but i would pronounce alex as DEAD!

View PostNyktos, on May 30 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

I suspect that it will be 100 years later, where Alex reapearred so you have to resurrect Isaac or something. So probably a new cast of characters.

As for how stat transfer works, it'd probably be a sort of "if you do certain things in the first game you get leet equipment" sort of thing. It could work by putting both games in the DS at the same time, like in Pokemon (assuming GS3 is for DS).

i think they should start "fresh" and not use any data transfer, ESPECIALLY if it is set after the life of isaac and the rest, or at least their battling days.

#29   Ironsight 

• Joined: 22-March 07
                                                            • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                            • AKA Darksword

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

View PostinthenameofDT, on Jul 9 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

by this point in the game's storyline, they discover that alchemy can only be unleashed for a period of time, not forever, and that they must go back and forth between lighting the lighthouses, and sealing alchemy, and that in another thousand years or however long, someone new is going to have to light the lighthouses.

God damn that would suck. I would hate to have to climb the Venus lighthouse for the rest of my life.

#30   inthenameofDT 

• Gallant
                                                            • PipPipPip
                                                              • Joined: 02-July 08
                                                              • Location:Berkley, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

ahahahahaahahaha

i would have to agree, venus was the biggest b*tch

#31   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                • Location:Aussieland

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

Venus was bad? what about Mars. "one massive tower isn''t enough... omg lets have the main lighthouse... then 4 more towers! GENIUS!!" -.-

Main character? Either and older Isaac or an entirely new crew of people. I think, given where gs2 left the story, an older Isaac would be the best choice.

#32   Ironsight 

• Posts: 4,998
                                                                  • Joined: 22-March 07
                                                                  • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                                  • AKA Darksword

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

View PostNeon, on Jul 14 2008, 11:01 AM, said:

Venus was bad? what about Mars. "one massive tower isn''t enough... omg lets have the main lighthouse... then 4 more towers! GENIUS!!" -.-

I found Mars suprisingly easy.

#33   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,422
                                                                    • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:Aussieland

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

easy, yes, but also long.

I'd say Jupiter was the least enjoyable lighthouse, though.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic