• AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Stop The Clash Of Civilizations
    Opinion?

#2   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

L0l uR L1nK R t3H Br0kdeDz0reS!

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

Yah, the filter is bleeping about a 3 letter word. Everybody, think of all the 3 letter swear words you know of and put them in, see if it works. :P

#4   Eugine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Damn. Watch the first video in the search, called "Stop the Clash of Civilizations".

Well anyway, the video is simply about how similar we are despite our culture and heritage, because we all feel the same emotions. Simply, we are not different really.

#5   Folcon 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
            • AKA escout

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

very thought provoking.

#6   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

View PostEugine, on Aug 7 2007, 04:30 PM, said:

Well anyway, the video is simply about how similar we are despite our culture and heritage, because we all feel the same emotions. Simply, we are not different really.

I've always thought that. Saying that no one knows how you feel, or that people from other cultures don't experience the same joy, grief, fear, or any other emotion is like saying that the sky is bluer when you look at it. We're all human, and as such we all experience the world in the same way.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

As long as there are any differences in the human race, (skin color, difference in interests, in culture) I don't believe that peace on Earth can ever be accomplished. And thus is life.

#8   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                  • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                  • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

Peace is dependant on all peoples haveing the same, or similar goals and opinions. Just the plain fact that we have a free will to think for ourselves means that there can never be peace without forcing everyone to be alike. And let's face it. No one want's to be the same as EVERYBODY else. We want to have at least some part of us diffrent. Thus, the fact that we are all different means that we can never be at peace.

And in response to that video, they didn't know a whole lot about what they were talking about in my opinion. They claim that everyone is being judged as a group. And though many people believe that all Muslims want to kill "non-believers" or that all americans are war mongers, not EVERYONE thinks that. Personally, I don't believe that all Muslims are radicals. Though being a christian, I don't agree with their religion, I don't think that they're all terrorists. Also, though I want to see all of the terrorists wiped out, we can't simply blow the mediteranian up, nor can we just politely ask them to quit killing people. However, there are many radical muslims out there, and there are a lot of americans that just want to go in there and nuke the hell out of everybody. But not EVERYONE thinks that.

And they also tried to make a point that the governments were deciding our opinions for us. That is entirely untrue.

#9   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

WD and Mr. T, I think those perceptions are the reason for Middle East violence.

Anyway, Toasty you are taking the definition of peace too literal. No one is asking for everyone to like each other, or have the same goals. Russia and the USA for eg has different goals, yet aren't they peaceful towards each other? Rather than using voilence as first option, they use diplomacy.
                    That's the peace we're talking about.

Isn't that 'peace' achieved in most countries? Why is it harder achieve there? It's because of Christians with the viewpoint of you toasty, who simply dislike their religion and automatically dislikes the person. Dislike the religion, and not the person.

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

ILOVEYOUEUGINEIWANTTOHAVEYOURBABIES.

#11   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

That's a big reason I don't like religion in general and aren't religious myself. I think it just interferes with peace and is a little hypocritical. According to religion, we're all God's children, yet holy wars have still erupted across history.

And Eugine, I was just stating a fact. It's a fact I don't like, but it's still a fact.

#12   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:35 AM

View PostEugine, on Aug 8 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

WD and Mr. T, I think those perceptions are the reason for Middle East violence.

Anyway, Toasty you are taking the definition of peace too literal. No one is asking for everyone to like each other, or have the same goals. Russia and the USA for eg has different goals, yet aren't they peaceful towards each other? Rather than using voilence as first option, they use diplomacy.
                          That's the peace we're talking about.

Isn't that 'peace' achieved in most countries? Why is it harder achieve there? It's because of Christians with the viewpoint of you toasty, who simply dislike their religion and automatically dislikes the person. Dislike the religion, and not the person.

The United States and Russia aren't on good terms. If I remember right, they've been conspiring against us for quite some time.
                          And I'm sorry, but diplomacy doesn't work with terrorists. It only works with well developed countries that actually have a solid government.
                          If diplomacy was all we needed to nagotiate peace, there wouldn't be a need for militaries anymore, and therefore we wouldn't still have them.

And Eugine, can there really be peace between people who hate eachother? No. People will hate other people for just about anything. But they won't hate people who have more than one thing in common with eachother. Sure, people who are completely different can still be friends, and yeah, there are many people out there with something in common that still hate eachother, but most people would rather be at peace with people they can relate to, rather than people who are entirely different from them.

On top of that, there are people out there who will despise others with unyeilding hatered, and there's nothing anyone can do to change the way they think. You can't have peace with someone like that.

Therefore, the only logical reason left, is to either deal with it, or kill everyone you hate.
                          The U.S., despite takeing military action, chose to deal with it, while the terrorists chose to kill. The ONE AND ONLY reason the U.S. ever went into the middle east in the first place, was to wipe out their attackers (just like anyone else would do if they were attacked) and protect the citiczens of the United States. We stay there to make sure that the terrorists aren't able to reach the U.S. again, and to make sure that few or none of the residents of the middle east choose to become terrorists.

#13   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

View PostMr.T, on Aug 9 2007, 11:35 AM, said:

The United States and Russia aren't on good terms. If I remember right, they've been conspiring against us for quite some time.

Oh, so everyone's the bad guy, only you are the good guys? You're a ****ing idiot... I get pissed off only reading your posts. I'm not going to even look at these topics anymore where you act all smart.

#14   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

STOP THE CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS, AQUA! :P

I don't think that's quite what he meant.

#15   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                • Group: Members
                                • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

View PostMr.T, on Aug 9 2007, 05:35 AM, said:

Therefore, the only logical reason left, is to either deal with it, or kill everyone you hate.
                                The U.S., despite takeing military action, chose to deal with it, while the terrorists chose to kill. The ONE AND ONLY reason the U.S. ever went into the middle east in the first place, was to wipe out their attackers (just like anyone else would do if they were attacked) and protect the citiczens of the United States. We stay there to make sure that the terrorists aren't able to reach the U.S. again, and to make sure that few or none of the residents of the middle east choose to become terrorists.

With the way you reason half the time, I would think you were related to Bush.

Taking over Iraq and making them democratic had nothing to do with "Dealing with terrorists". Besides, Saddam didn't even support the terrorist groups that attacked America. He mainly supported rebels in that region, that were against Iran.

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic