Fire Emblem Rules/Registration topic

#1   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:30 AM

Fire Emblem RP Rules

This is a Fire Emblem based RP. First off, I want to let people know that you do not have to be a Fire Emblem fan or to have even played an FE game to take part in it. Next, I want to give credit to escout, whose idea it was to start a FE RP. This RP won't go on for ever and ever like the Golden Sun one, it'll finish after perhaps 40 pages. That's more than enough for a good Role Play. And even though this is a registration topic, you can join whenever you like, even halfway through the story. I don't want this to die after three pages like most of the other RPs since I put quite a bit of thought into it.

Your characters will travel the continent of Renalay in an attempt to save it from impending doom. As you travel you will meet many characters, good and evil. I control the main story and the important events that occur, such as wars between nations, or when your group reaches a big city or meets other important characters. You can control the less important things, such as coming across a small village, entering a forest or being attacked by bandits.

People that appear but you do not control will be called NPCs. For most of the time, I will be the only one with complete control over NPCs. However, some of these warriors might join you, like in the Fire Emblem games. When that happens all of you can use them in battle, though less than your own characters of course. I still control most of what they say, and if asked something about their pasts or relatives only I can answer those kinds of question as what they reply could be important to the storyline. Helping people out when they're in trouble may help you gain more allies. When setting up a camp at night, your characters can speak to any of the NPCs. In a way, this will work like Support Conversations. I suggest trying to befriend them, as this might prove very useful later on, but stay true to your character's personalities in these conversations. Also, not all NPCs will remain with you all the time.

No real Fire Emblem characters will appear as the world of Renalay is set in a different universe than the FE games. Classes and the like are mainly based on Path of Radiance, as there are Beorc(regular humans who wield weapons and magic tomes) and Laguz(shape-shifting people who can transform into animals). You are not allowed to post characters from FE games and discuss storylines here. This RP is strictly about the world your characters will travel through and has no continuity with any of the games.

Each RPer can have two characters of different classes. You cannot repeat a class that has already been chosen by someone before you. Your characters cannot be related to the rulers of the six countries the world of Renalay has and they can not be very powerful at the beginning, being mostly regular villagers or citizens, but will become stronger as the RP proceeds. Be sure to have a variety of weapon types in your group, since Swords are best against Axes, Axes are good for battling Lances, and Lances have the best chance of beating Swords. Also, Anima magic is good against Light magic, Light is powerful for countering Dark tomes, and Dark is best against Anima. There is no leveling up or stats, and all characters will start as the upgraded class so as not to complicate matters. These are the classes you can choose from:

Swordmaster(can wield Swords) - Taken by Caael
    Halberdier(can wield Lances)
    Berserker(Axes)
    Sniper(Bows) - Taken by escout
    Assassin(Knifes) - Taken by gsninja
    General(Lances and Swords)
    Warrior(Axes and Bows) - Taken by Piers
    Hero(Swords and Axes)
    Falcon Knight(Lances and Swords)
    Wyvern Lord(Lances and Axes)
    Paladin(choose two weapons to wield from Swords, Lances, Axes and Bows) - Taken by Spam King
    Valkyrie(Staves and Swords) - Taken by Somia
    Sage(Anima and Staves)* - Taken by R-Dog
    Bishop(Light and Staves)*
    Druid(Dark and Staves)*
    Cat - Taken by Piers
    Tiger
    Hawk - Taken by escout
    Raven
    Red Dragon - Taken by Somia

* Sages wield Thunder, Fire and Wind magic like they do in Path of Radiance, but those three types of magic fall into the category of Anima. Anima will be powerful against Beast Laguz(Cats and Tigers), Light will be strong against Bird Laguz(Hawks and Ravens) and Dark against Dragons.
    The classes you choose don't have to be strictly as they are above. If you have a good idea and reason for changing a few things about some of the classes for your character(s), tell me here or in a PM and I'll consider letting you use it. These are ALL the classes that can be chosen, so I'm not adding any Rogues or Nomad Troopers or anything else. Don't even ask. And no, you can't be a Lord.

The continent of Renalay is a land surrounded by an endless ocean. It consists of six nations: The first of two Beorc nations, Catalenium; The second Beorc monarchy, Rivicius; The Beast land of Felorgo; The Hawk country, Accipitrin; Raven territory named Corvia; And finally the Dragon Tribe's nation of Serphann. More will be known about these when the RP begins.

Feel free to ask absolutely any questions you might have in this topic, especially any people who haven't played FE but are interested in joining. Please read through all the above rules and once you're ready post your Fire Emblem RP profiles here. Once people have asked me a bunch of questions and enough profiles have been posted I will create the RP topic.

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

I'll join. I'll be my new RP guy, Morris and i'll be a swordmaster. Most similar to his character.

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

Cool. I guess pestering people continuously is a good thing! But... aren't you going to give hi a background for this RP? The short story you've already given him is good though. Hm... He's a skeleton. Well, I guess that makes him kinda original, even if that doesn't really fit in Fire Emblem.

More people have promised to register soon, so we'll be able to begin this soon enough.

#4   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

He's a wanderer. No real reason why he's here, but at the moment he's residing in Daein. His motives are unknown, but he wishes to dispatch of all the royalty in the kingdom. He has no desire to be king, he just want's the monarchy to fall.

#5   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

That's just fine, but... There's no Daein here.

#6   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:10 PM

Wherever the royalty lies. The only part of the beginning post I looked at was the classes.

#7   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

Oh... You really should read the whole thing. However, Morris is in Rivicius then.

Once I decide it's time to start RPing I'll ask a Mod to delete all the unnecessary posts.

#8   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                  • AKA escout

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

Obviously, I'm in.

Here be Folcon's Profile. for the full version, check his main set of profiles.

Name: Folcon
                  Race: Laguz - Bird Tribe - Hawk
                  Appearance: Tall build with a compact frame of well built muscle. Golden colored wings, blond hair, green eyes, red headband, red leather sandals, dark blue vest, brown leather pants and gloves. Folcon also carries a long sword.

Background - shortened:

Folcon was born in the Hawk kingdom of Accitrin but ran away at a young age for being teased about being different because he can not transform into a full animal form like all other Laguz can. He came to the lands of the Beorc and was kidnapped and sold as a slave to a man in Rivicius. After ten years, Folcon killed his capture and escaped to Catalenium. He became a smith's apprentice in the town of Farrowtown and lived there a year before the smith died and Folcon was accused of murder and driven from town. Now, he travels the secluded paths of the woods across the continent, searching for a place of acceptance.

Personality:

Because of his past, Folcon hates Beorc and Laguz alike. But that hatred dose not prevent his conscience from forcing him to helps others when he is near. Deep down, there is a part of him that hates to see others suffer the way he has.

#9   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

/\ See guys, THAT is the kind of character and profile the RP needs. I'll allow somebody else to also choose to be a Hawk since Folcon is quite different to regular Hawks, not being able to transform and wielding a sword. Also escout, you can have one more character if you want. Everyone is allowed two characters, as stated above.

#10   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                      • AKA escout

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

I guess that means all classes are first come, first served. You might want to start crossing off classes as they are claimed.

#11   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                        • Group: Moderator
                        • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

I'm definitely claiming the Assassin. :) His name is going to be Isaac. Please give me a minute to come up with a profile, which I'll post here.

EDIT: Here's my profile!

Name: Isaac
                        Race: Human (Beorc)
                        Job: Assassin
                        Height: 5'10"
                        Hair Color: Black
                        Eye Color: Bright Green
                        Skin Color: Fair

Appearance:

Wears a dark blue tunic and thin black pants. Has shoes made of mithril and his gloves are made of leather. Isaac isn't that muscular, but he more than makes up for that with great agility and accuracy.

Background:

Isaac was born in Amarial, capital of Rivicius. His family was quite well known as a family that kept lots of laguz slaves. When Isaac was 13, he was disowned by his family and kicked out of his own house because he wasn't like the rest of his family. For example, Isaac practiced fighting arts that were based on agility and perception of the enemy rather than what his family practiced, which was a fighting style completely based on strength and, somewhat, the ability to defend. Not only that, Isaac was also opposed to keeping Laguz slaves because it's immoral and pointless.
                        Since being disowned, Isaac became a wandering mercenary, taking on all kinds of jobs.

Personality:

Isaac is normally serene and is often in a pretty good mood, since he doesn't get angered easily and doesn't get bothered by most situations. He sometimes helps homeless and poor with services for free, beorc and laguz alike. Isaac is against any kind of slavery to an extent, as he doesn't like to speak out or get involved with any anti-slavery movements.

#12   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                          • Interests:.5% per annum.
                          • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

I assume Raven is what it sounds like, so I'm taking that.

R U HAPPE NAO?

#13   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:40 AM

Name: Morris
                            Race: Undead
                            Appearance: Skeleton dressed in a black cloack and grey tunic. Wears a scruffy grey fedora. Has a sword that will fight the ethereals and split souls upon death.

#14   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                              • AKA Spam King

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:43 AM

Why are you posting that here? You've already made a whole topic about him.

#15   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:10 AM

outline copied from escout because I can't be on long

Name: Moksha "The panther"
                                Race: Laguz (Beast tribe; cat)
                                Appearance: Quick and nimble, Moksha has a very small body frame in his humanoid form. His hair is jet black, despite his age, is quite long. He wears it in a pony tail, it extends to just beneath his shoulder blades. He wears a ragged blue vest, and for pants he wears old brown hunting pants. When in his cat form, his fur is tan, and when he prowls he tends to blend in with his environment very well.

Background - shortened:

For all of his life, he traveled from village to village and country to country doing small jobs (some large.. and illegal) for money to feed himself. He often is hired as a mercenary to defend villages he rests in - killing bandits and such. He feels fighting keeps him young, and it certainly seems to work. He doesn't have a wrinkle on him, and many people he meets get the impression that he is only 20.

Personality:

He is quiet - he doesn't speak unless there is reason to speak. When traveling, Moksha prefers his cat form, even when in groups. Because of his travels, though, he has learned to communicate in common tongue when taking the form of a beast. He has fought many bandits over many years, but he still has much to learn in the way of combat.

The last time I RP'd I was twelve. Bite me.

#16   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:10 AM

Don't worry PDM, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

@Split: Yeah, being a Raven means you're a guy who can morph into a large Crow whenever he likes. You can't wield any weapons though, you use your beak and talons for fighting. Also, I'm guessing you'll post his profile later, like gsninja?

Guys, haven't any of you seen that you can have two characters each? But if you prefer to have one that's fine by me.

#17   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

View PostSpam King, on Sep 20 2007, 07:43 AM, said:

Why are you posting that here? You've already made a whole topic about him.

Because aqua wanted me to change it, as the the original one didn't fit in with the FE world.

#18   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

Doesn't fit...?

View PostCaael, on Sep 20 2007, 08:40 AM, said:

Name: Morris
                                      Race: Undead
                                      Appearance: Skeleton dressed in a black cloack and grey tunic. Wears a scruffy grey fedora. Has a sword that will fight the ethereals and split souls upon death.

Dude, the only thing that doesn't fit in with Fire Emblem is the fact that he's not human. That's what I was saying. He can still have those two powers he has in the GS RP, it's just that all the characters in FE games were human. Not counting the monsters you encounter in Sacred Stones. That's all I wanted you to change. Give him skin.

#19   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Racist.

#20   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

So, will you do that please? If so, edit Morris's profile in this topic. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Escout told me to make a map of Renalay(the world you'll be traversing through). So here it is, a crappy map that I made in Paint in like 20 minutes.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z153/Aquamarine01/Renalay.jpg

The dots with names next to them are the capitol cities. That's where the rulers reside. The forests on the map are only the largest and densest. There are many more, smaller woods. Any questions?

#21   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

Just because he doesn't have skin doesn't mean he's not a person.

Backstory: Was caught in a castle fire, as a theif, and a sorcerer put the curse of eternal life on him, so his flesh was burnt away yet he remained living. He's not been ressurected or anything.

Better?

#22   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                              • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                              • AKA escout

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Sep 20 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

So, will you do that please? If so, edit Morris's profile in this topic. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Escout told me to make a map of Renalay(the world you'll be traversing through). So here it is, a crappy map that I made in Paint in like 20 minutes.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z153/Aquamarine01/Renalay.jpg

The dots with names next to them are the capitol cities. That's where the rulers reside. The forests on the map are only the largest and densest. There are many more, smaller woods. Any questions?

Not bad, my only other request is, can you set up a chart with the proper pronunciation of each country and city. Some of those are pretty crazy.

#23   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                • AKA Spam King

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Sep 20 2007, 09:10 PM, said:

@Split: Yeah, being a Raven means you're a guy who can morph into a large Crow whenever he likes. You can't wield any weapons though, you use your beak and talons for fighting. Also, I'm guessing you'll post his profile later, like gsninja?

Can my character wield weapons in his human form? I was thinking of a sort of dark ninja with crow transformation as one of his stronger powers.

#24   R-dog 

• Lord
                                                • PipPipPipPip
                                                  • Group: Members
                                                  • Location:A nowhere town in a nowhere state
                                                  • Interests:Gah, I'm too lazy/busy to put something here right now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

I claim Sage. I'll post the profile when I'm done.

#25   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:47 AM

View PostSpam King, on Sep 21 2007, 12:46 AM, said:

Can my character wield weapons in his human form? I was thinking of a sort of dark ninja with crow transformation as one of his stronger powers.

Well, in the game Laguz can't wield any weapons. They cannot attack in human form. However, escout made his Hawk character very different to anything from the game, so I guess you can change a few things. Just adding the ability to wield a weapon will make him too powerful though, so might I suggest also giving him a handicap, like escout did to Folcon?

View Postescout, on Sep 20 2007, 11:20 PM, said:

Not bad, my only other request is, can you set up a chart with the proper pronunciation of each country and city. Some of those are pretty crazy.

I know, I tried making up strange names for the Laguz countries/cities/characters. Here goes:
                                                    Catalenium - Cat-er-lee-niuhm
                                                    Tiftok - Tiph-tock
                                                    Accipitrin - Ack-i-pi-trin
                                                    Corvia - Cor-vea
                                                    Curgel - Cur-gle
                                                    Felorgo - Fee-law-go
                                                    Huntade - Hun-taid
                                                    Serphann - Surf-hn
                                                    Nixtingta - Nicks-ting-tuh
                                                    Rivicius - Ri-vi-si-uhs
                                                    Amarial - Ah-merry-al

I think that's about right. Hope it helps. But even if you pronounce it wrong it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that you type them properly, like the names are written on the map.

We can begin this once gsninja, Split and R-Dog post their profiles. I'm surprised nobody wants more than one character.

#26   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                      • AKA escout

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

Well an RP like this is kinda hard to run more then on character, unless they are a pair that travel together. Which would be something i can't do as I've already established Folcon as a lone wolf who hates everyone. I could come up with a second, but it might take a while.

#27   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

It's up to you, do whatever you like. I don't really care whether or not you'll have two characters. I was just surprised is all.

#28   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:38 PM

Aqua, i'll post it again as you didn't see it the first time

Just because he doesn't have skin doesn't mean he's not a person.

Backstory: Was caught in a castle fire, as a theif, and a sorcerer put the curse of eternal life on him, so his flesh was burnt away yet he remained living. He's not been ressurected or anything.

Better?

#29   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                            • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                            • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

It seems a bit unrealistic that he would be accepted by any form of society.

#30   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                              • Location:England

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

He's not.

#31   R-dog 

• Lord
                                                              • PipPipPipPip
                                                                • Joined: 29-May 07
                                                                • Interests:Gah, I'm too lazy/busy to put something here right now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

I finally finished! I copied and pasted this from my Character Profiles topic.
                                                                So without further ado...

Darkrai
                                                                Profile for Fire Emblem RP

Clothes and appearance: Same.
                                                                Class: Sage

He wields a staff that can paralyze an enemy instead of a sword. The staff's ability cannot be used on its wielder. Instead, it can be used on allies or enemies.

Magic: Basically the same as his Psynergy. A few modifications, though. (* next to spells that hit more than one enemy)
                                                                Blast- A fiery burst. *Fire Storm- Summons a small shower of burning meteorites. Slash- A slicing gust of wind. *Gale- A tornado of wind. Thunderclap- A bolt of electricity. *Bolt- A pronged spear of lightning. *Mist- Call winds to blow in a blinding cloud.
                                                                Lists are subject to change when 1) he learns a new spell 2) an old spell gets a stronger form or 3) he buys a new magic rod with other abilities. Or something...

Story:
                                                                Darkrai was born in a fairly large town in Catalenium when Rivicius was attacking. When Darkrai was still a baby, his father was called to help defend the town. He never returned from battle.

Afraid that she couldn't care for her child by herself, Darkrai's mother traveled to Corvia to live with Darkrai's uncle, Silas. Years ago, Silas went to Corvia because instead of becoming a soldier and learning skills of combat, he became a scholar and learned only magic. This was not common practice in those days, (everyone who knew magic also learned combat) so the people in the town where he lived treated him like an outcast. He traveled to Lenani, a small village right on the edge of the swamp where the Beorcs live. When Darkrai was six years old, his mother was killed by bandits that attacked the village. Silas was determined to teach Darkrai to fight so that he could protect Lenani. Silas was a scholar, not a fighter. Still, he studied fighting manuals and spellbooks and taught the contents to Darkrai. It soon became clear that Darkrai had the powers of fire and wind inside of him. He learned all sorts of spells that had to do with these elements. After Darkrai was well-versed in magic, Silas gave him a staff that he made himself.

Now nineteen, Darkrai lives by himself in the swamp in a shack that he built himself. While out there, he practices his magic and wilderness survival. He still visits Silas in the village every day. Silas is now training another boy to protect the village if Darkrai ever leaves.

P.S. - Darkrai is a lot less emo here than in the Golden Sun RP. You'll barely recognize him.

#32   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                  • Posts: 11,279
                                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:00 PM

View PostCaael, on Sep 22 2007, 08:40 AM, said:

He's not.

Then why the hell would he join the party?

#33   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 4,671
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:...
                                                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:50 AM

THIS POST IS IMPORTANT, so I need everyone to read it.

Okay, I said in the first post which country homes which race, but Piers missed it, so I'll repeat: Catalenium and Rivicius are Beorc nations. Accipitrin is home of the Hawks, Corvia is the homeland of Ravens, Felorgo is where the Beasts(Cats and Tigers) reside and Serphann is Dragon territory.

Piers also asked me to post some background to the world of Renalay. I was going to do that in the first post of the actual RP, but I can do it now. I'm just posting things widely known across the continent, since there are many secrets behind most rulers and nations.

Catalenium is the weaker of the two Beorc nations. It is quite under-developed, some would even consider it slightly barbaric. From time to time, the Queen of Rivicius sends small battalions of its army into Catalenium. They usually attacks smaller villages, burning only a small number of houses and killing only people who oppose them. The King of Catalenium seems to ignore these attacks and the general populace does not know why.

Rivicius is a powerful country. Their army is strong, and so is their economy. Most Rivicians lead good lives. They are known to cause minor skirmishes with Serphann and Felorgo, as well as Catalenium.

Accipitrin, the Hawk country, hasn't seen war, even minor skirmishes, in 300 years. The reason to this is that their royalty tries to have good ties with all the other countries. They seem to trade goods with ever country other than Serphann.

Corvia is mostly disliked by many. The Ravens are not a very talkative or pleasant folk, feeling content not to have much to do with anyone, but nobody can say they have ever caused a great conflict between nations. They take in most people which have been cast out by many, which is another reason they are disliked. However, they are good allies with Serphann.

Felorgo, the nation of Beasts, has secluded itself from the world. Getting in and out of the country is a difficult job, because they've built many guard towers and defensive walls and have soldiers patrolling the countryside everywhere. The reason for this is Laguz Slavery. More about this below.

Serphann is the country of the Dragons. They are known to have never stood next to a conquering country, always deciding to help the conquered and less fortunate. Like Corvia, they take in people who have nowhere to go.

Laguz Slavery is a fact of life that has been going on for over 300 years. 300 years ago was the famous great war between Beorc and Laguz. The reason for it was that the Beorc slowly but surely began using Laguz as slaves. The war was finished and the Laguz came out as the winners because of their high numbers. However, this war had quite the opposite effect than was hoped for.
                                                                    It only made stronger the desire for having slaves, and today Rivicius is known to fully support the idea. During the years it became obvious that the Laguz most used as slaves were by far the Cats and Tigers, perhaps because they were strongly against fighting, perhaps because it was harder for them to escape than Laguz with wings. Deciding they would not start another war, the Felorgian King barricaded his country so that his nation could live in peace, away from Beorc and Laguz alike.
                                                                    It is still not known how exactly the war didn't stop Laguz slavery but set it in motion.

Even next to slavery, the hatred between Beorc and Laguz is significantly less pronounced than it was a hundred years ago or more. It's still obvious that it exists, and a Beorc in Laguz territory is sure to have a hard time(as is a Laguz on Beorc land), but scuffles and conflicts are almost a thing of the past. However, Rivicius is known to have a very high anti-Laguz sentiment.

Woo, long post. You guys really should read it though, it's vital to the story.

#34   R-dog 

• Lord
                                                                    • PipPipPipPip
                                                                      • Posts: 282
                                                                      • Joined: 29-May 07
                                                                      • Gender:Female

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:37 AM

I edited my story so that it makes more sense.

#35   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 8,730

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

Morris originally came from Rivicius, before he went and invaded catelinium and was caught in a fire, which burn his flesh away, but the Wizard of the castle he invaded cast him eternal life, forcing him to live as a skeleton.

#36   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

Caael, is it really THAT hard for you to just give him skin and eyeballs? I mean, if you don't want to you don't have to, I'm just saying...

Hey, I didn't notice gsninja's profile! He edited his post on page one. We're just waiting for Split's character and then we can get started. He promised to do it by the end of the day(that's his Australian day).

#37   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

Or at least make sure he always wears a hooded cloak, otherwise he'll look like some random enemy from every RPG ever created.

Oh, and Aqua, I hope this doesn't stuff anything up but...can I change to Paladin?

#38   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                              • Group: Moderator
                                                                              • Posts: 4,875
                                                                              • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                              • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                                              • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

By the way, I won't be able to post until around 10:45-11:00 PCT if the story has already started by then. I'll be at work until that time.

#39   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:16 PM

Name: Veda
                                                                                Race: Human (Warrior)
                                                                                Age: 16
                                                                                Appearance: He's chinese.

Background - shortened:
                                                                                He's from the poor country.

Personality:

He's an asshole.

#40   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                  • Posts: 4,114
                                                                                  • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                                                  • AKA escout

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

I've decided to go ahead and make my second character. I'm claiming Sniper.

Name: Haku
                                                                                  Race: Beorc - Sniper Class
                                                                                  Age: 22
                                                                                  Hight - 5'10"
                                                                                  Appearance: Looks like this guy, only carrying a bow and arrows instead of swords. In other words, Black gloves, black vest, black shirt, black pants, brown belt, black boots, and a red headband, with short sandy hair and blue eyes.

Background:

Haku is an orphan born and raised in Felorgo. He never knew his parents as his father died before he was born, and his mother died shortly after birthing him. His parents had come to Felorgo to flee the tyranny in Rivicius. After his mother was dead, he was taken in by a minor Lord named Leyon, and raised as if he were his own among his three other children. Even when he was young, Haku knew he was different. After all, living in a society of beast tribe Laguz and not having a tail, fur covered ears or claws, kinda makes you stand out. But his elder siblings stood up for and protected him from teasing. But as he grew older, Haku needed lees and less protection as he grew stronger and was able to earn his place among those in the village. He did this by acquiring excellent skill as a hunter and would often go out with his bow and bring back a deer for the table. Eventually, as many foster children seem to do, he began to question his origins. When he was twenty, he brought these questions to his father, Leyon told him what little he knew of Haku's birth parents, that they were from Rivicius and that they had fled, leaving all their power and wealth behind, then he gave Haku a ring that he claimed belonged to Haku's mother. Haku accepted the ring and asked Leyon for permission to find his origins.This was giving and arrangements were made for Haku to leave. He received permission from the king who was am old friend of Leyon and with the old Laguz's blessings, set out to find out about his parents.

To get to the capital of Rivicius where his parents had once lived, Haku had to travel west, around the dividing mountains and travel through Accipitrin and around the rest of the mountains, before entering Rivicius and traveling across it to the capital. He surzived along the way by hunting for his food, eating wild ediable plants that he knew about, and by selling the pelts and skins from his hunting, and by fighting off bandits and helping out towns along the way. It took him two years to get to Amarial because of all the stops along the way to help people, but he has now finally arrived to learn of his parents.

Personality:

Raised among the people of the beast tribe, honor and respect are among the most important things to Haku. He believes in the idealistic teachings of the beast tribe, but his journey to Vivicius has tested those beliefs to the limits as he first encountered the slavery of the Laguz.

#41   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

My ****ty profile is just a filler, I'll edit it when I have time.

#42   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:36 AM

View PostSpam King, on Sep 23 2007, 01:52 AM, said:

Oh, and Aqua, I hope this doesn't stuff anything up but...can I change to Paladin?

Sure, just tell me what weapons you want to wield. And get that furking profile up already!

@gsninja: It won't start before then, don't worry.

#43   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:55 AM

Okay, I've had enough of waiting for Split to post his stupid profile. He doesn't have to join if he doesn't want to. I'm making the RP topic soon, probably today.

Gsninja(or any other Mod), can you please delete posts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 24, 25(but only the first part of the 25. post, the part where I quote Split and answer his question), 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 41 and 42. I know that's a lot of deleting, but I want this topic to be a little easier to read. Thanks.

#44   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                          • AKA Spam King

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:18 AM

Name: Samuel Black
                                                                                          Gender: Male
                                                                                          Age: Mid-twenties
                                                                                          Appearance: Tall, often wears hooded jackets. His face is rarely seen, but people have caught glimpses of his white hair and striking blue eyes. He arms himself with a deadly pair of lances, and a multitude of small magicks.

Story: He was taken in by the Ravens and soon became fascinated by their abilities. He studied them fiercely, yet he craved to learn the other mysteries of this world. He decided to travel to the land of the Dragons, where he joined the Warrior's Academy of Serphann and became a master at the lance. His current weapons were a gift from his trainer, who wished for him to continue his studies of Renalay.

He then posted himself as an adventurer for hire, and often found himself travelling great distances to exchange goods, or to bring back live monsters; he was quite skilled at taming them quickly, a technique he had learnt from studying the Corvians. Of course, if they were hostile, he fought them alone, and brought back their heads as trophies for his clients. He rarely charges for his services, saying that the experience is worth more to him than mere gold. He takes a particular fondness to a horse he brought back from one of his expeditions.

When asked about his origins, he replies with a smirk, 'I barely remember them myself.'

- - -

Finished at last. Let's get this show on the road, Aqua!

#45   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:11 AM

You chose to be a Paladin, Split. That means you're supposed to have a horse.

#46   Somia 

• Disciple
                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                              • Posts: 1,585
                                                                                              • Joined: 25-October 04
                                                                                              • Location:Inside a Jar
                                                                                              • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing &amp; a Smile.

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Thank you Aqua for the formal invite. o.o;

Valkyrie and Red Dragon pleasseee! =D

Alrightee, for Valkyrie, I'm basicly just gonna steal my RIA profile. Since it's set for a FE RP in the first place. I'll come up with a red dragon profile later. Just calling dibs on it for now.

EDIT: Aw... no nobility thingies? Gotta do some heavy editing on my profile then..

Name: Reveria Iryn Adelain
                                                                                              Age: 19
                                                                                              Gender: Female
                                                                                              Appearance:
                                                                                              http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/026/a/f/Little_Angel_Reveria_by_Somia.jpg
                                                                                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/EX-PureWish/ReveriaIrynAdelainV2.png
                                                                                              Affinity: Wind
                                                                                              Class: Valkyrie
                                                                                              Background: Ria was born to a noble family in the country of Accipitrin. After her family was broken apart by a political scandal involving his father, Ria and her brother were forced to be sent off to the distant land of Rivicius to take refuge from the violent skirmishes the scandal set off. She and her brother were separated again, as her brother was captured by a group unknown to Ria to date. Originaly, Ria was also captured, but she fell off the storage cart (unoticed) as they took the two siblings away. She lost all of her memories during the process, but was luckily found and adopted by a local nobel family. Although she has recently became an adult, she is still a child at heart, who is spoiled by her step parents. She also adores mystery of all sorts.

#47   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

Aqua, something thats kinda important, what's the aproxamite size of Renalay? Is it about the size of the US, minus Alaska? Bigger? Smaller? I would like to know.

#48   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Sep 27 2007, 01:11 AM, said:

You chose to be a Paladin, Split. That means you're supposed to have a horse.

You have to tell me these things, Aqua. :P

I edited the horse in.

#49   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                    • AKA escout

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

It makes sense, a Paladin is a mounted unit. You have played FE and know this, right?

#50   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

NO!

#51   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

Then I can forgive you for not knowing. Well, as Aqua and I have said. A Paladin is a mounted unit. So you need a horse.

#52   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:37 AM

@Somia: Your character CAN be a noble, just not a direct relative of the kings or queens of the countries.

@escout: Oh damn, the size. Well lets see... About two times the size of the USA with Alaska. It's a whole continent after all, it's supposed to be large.

#53   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:02 AM

Alright, cool.

#54   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                              • AKA Spam King

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

Oh, well then, forgive me if Samuel took mere minutes to travel half a continent. :P

#55   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

It's forgiven. :P

For much of the time the traveling between destinations will be skipped or made faster. No need to write about your characters walking continuously through a forest, unless something actually happens.

#56   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

I'm fine as a skeleton really. He's just a human minus the flesh. Still speaks, thinks etc. Morris will do just fine.

Plus you said you would accept new classes if they were good ideas. Can Morris wield fire magic? Doesn't need to use thunder or wing, just Fire. It's kind of important to his background.

#57   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

That's okay. We'll count it as Anima magic. Or perhaps you would like Morris to use Dark magic, which is essentially black and purple flames?

#58   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

Nah, just anima. I've already used flames in the post i've made, and i'm too lazy to change it.

#59   Somia 

• Disciple

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

Heh, I wanted the cat, but oh well.

Can I start off on the enemy team? Or which ever team the main party if fighting against?

EDIT: No Lords? xP
                                                                                                                        EDIT2: Where's Aqua's profile?

#60   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                          • AKA escout

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

View PostSomia, on Sep 28 2007, 10:38 PM, said:

Can I start off on the enemy team? Or which ever team the main party if fighting against?

oh really?

View PostSomia, on Sep 26 2007, 06:27 PM, said:

Thank you Aqua for the formal invite. o.o;

Valkyrie and Red Dragon pleasseee! =D

#61   Somia 

• Disciple

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:39 PM

View Postescout, on Sep 28 2007, 11:28 PM, said:

oh really?

Ya really. I took the Dragon because the cat was taken. =)

#62   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

I can trade you. It'll give me reason to make a GOOD profile.

#63   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

When is everybody actually meeting up? Or do we actually plan on creating a party, because it seems a long way off at the moment.

#64   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:22 AM

The first, small party will be created soon. They'll begin going through the lands, and on the way more people will join, including you guys.

View PostSomia, on Sep 29 2007, 04:38 AM, said:

EDIT: No Lords? xP
                                                                                                                                  EDIT2: Where's Aqua's profile?

You can start off however you like. It would be interesting if you were first on the enemy team. Like Jill in PoR.

NO Lords!

I don't have a profile because I control the main plot(which I've already completely come up with) and most of the important minor characters that will join you or be your enemies. I suggest you read all of the first post to understand how everything works.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic