• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Data Entry Push

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

The GSS Revamp project has continued to make progress, and the new site is really starting to take shape. However, the initial enthusiasm of several contributors has waned, and I am looking for a few more individuals to help out. I need 3-5 or more people to spend a few hours each doing data entry work, and then the site will be almost ready to launch.

To give some perspective, let me give you some stats. Virtually of the content is now stored in a (MySQL) database, which currently has 6,807 rows and measures roughly 725KB (roughly 110KB compressed). That is all raw text, no images or other binary data. For comparison, ikillkenny (of Golden Sun Anonymous fame)'s TLA walkthrough is 325KB of text.

We also have 160MB of media, including sprites, official artwork, music, animations/video, battle backgrounds, screenshots, and other related media. We still have alot of potential for new media content to add to the site, but I most likely won't delay launch for any non-essential media gathering.

Everyone who has seen the current beta version of the site has been impressed, and I have yet to show anyone some of the new features of the site, so I think you all will be quite pleased with the end result. All contributors will be given credit on the site, and will almost surely get invites to the private beta testing rounds of GSW. So if you have time and the desire to do some work for the new site, please leave a comment here and/or PM me, and I will send out information in the next day or two.

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

I'll start on may data entry again soon, but I mentioned that I could design web pages to my band director, and he put me in charge of a web page dedicated to my section, the percussionists. But since he's not dieing to have it anytime soon, I can put data entry first.

But I'm curious as to who won the GSW design competition. Have you decided yet?

#3   Eugine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

Wasn't only one design summitted? I guess that person won... lol...

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

No, it was me and some of Max's friends.

#5   Max 

• Administrator
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

Let's get back on topic. But to briefly answer your question, yes, a winning design was chosen, and the new site will be launched at the same time as the new GSS site.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic