Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shipping

Poll: Shipping

Which shipping do you support? (Select all that apply)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Wild Fox 

• Lord
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

I'm bored and feel like re-hashing this topic. Moderators: if you are opposed, delete it.

Anyways, pick your favorite ship and when you post, please provide your supporting evidence. Don't just go "because I said so." I really would like to hear everyone's honest opinion. :smile:

So, I mudship, flameship, lighthouseship, and stormship.

Mudshipping gets a lot of harsh criticism. I've personally tried writing valeshipping and it just didn't work out. Maybe that's just me....My fic "Voyage of the Dusk Rider" basically outlines my personal feelings on the IsaacxMiaxJennaxGaret love-quadangle. For those of you too lazy/busy to go and read, I shall explain. I do recognize the affections that Jenna has for Isaac. It is perfectly clear throughout TLA and is a rational observation. But I never particularly noticed any real partiality on Isaac's part towards Jenna. I always saw the relationship as one-sided. In my mind, it made sense that Isaac left Vale with the intentions of rescuing Jenna (and saving the world, which might hold more precedence) but got distracted by a certain Mercury adept. Yes, I understand that there isn't much evidence pointing us toward a romance between the two, but Isaac seems to show more partiality towards Mia. (Maybe King Hydros has it pinned down with his fic, who knows?)

Garet on the other hand shows interest in Jenna. He constantly brings her up in both games. To look at the reverse argument, there is strong evidence for steamshipping from the Jupiter lighthouse. I've read one very good fic focusing on that particular scene and I've even pondered on writing steamshipping myself. But in the end, I feel that the evidence from both games supports flameshipping more than steamshipping.

Felix jumped off an effing lighthouse for Sheba. Any guy who does that for me wins my heart. But seriously, both pairings for Sheba are valid and I've personally written both. This one just comes down to personal preference. The game provides evidence pointing both ways. It's up to Sheba: dark and brooding or spunky and sharesasimilarpower.

Stormshipping. Not many people know about it most that do don't like it. I see it as a challenge to the writer's ability. There is a teensy bit of evidence when both parties reunite in Contigo and Piers is interested in Hama (mostly in what she's saying.... :( ) It's a rare ship that I thought I'd throw in.

There are some other random ships that I couldn't fit in, find them at this link:

Reference:
    http://www.geocities.com/gigasonic_42/

Ok.....and go.

#2   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:36 AM

The shipping names are quite... funneh.

O well, I vote mudshipping.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Dislike shipping. I was always under the impression that the characters in the game were far too busy to have time for relationships.

#4   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

Valeshipping is the only one that there's obvious support for in the game. As for the others, if you read between the lines enough you can make it say just about anything you want. Even so, I somehow think that Valeshipping would work. And I even added a dash of Steamshipping to my Fanfic. (Even though I suck at writing about relationships.) The kind of shipping I don't like is Alex x anyone. I mean come on! He's the bad guy! I might tolerate Imlishipping in a prequil, but other than that, beh.

#5   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
            • AKA Darksword

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

Grah! I only voted for one, like a fool!
            Anyways, I support Valeshipping, although relationships arent something I focus on while playing the game(s). The whole Isaac+Jenna thing was refered to before in the games, so thats the one i'm going with :(

#6   Laharl 

• Banned
              • Interests:research it
              • AKA Dullahan

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

Where are the yuri pairings!? -kidding-

Flameshipping because its incest because they're both fire adepts and because there is no JennaxSheba XD

not played GS for like 2 years XD I can barely remember the characters nevermind their personality....

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic