Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gs3 Unofficially Announced? Duhh

#1   Boomerang 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Mixing on my Decks (Gemini)<br />DnB<br />Trance mainly euphoric &amp; ambient<br />Most of the songs on guitar hero <br />Some indie, the good stuff not the random people with stupid shoes, ridiculous voices and awful haircuts<br />Being opinionated <br />Drums &lt;3<br />Piano &lt;3<br />Guitar (eventually)

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

Yo
    I'm Boomerang, im new to the site, please be nice, i've seen there's 1 or 2 who like to pick holes in things people say for no reason, its really annoying, your not as smart as you think. ^^

On a lighter note really really sorry (seriously) to get your hopes up :angry:!! Read until the end though it'll be worth it ;) Ok so i lied, GS3 hasn't actually been officially announced by Nintendo or Camelot ;), but im wondering if anyone has ever heard of Multimedia Fusion 2? If you haven't (is that the American spelling of havn't or have i been spelling that word wrong my whole life) its a very powerful game making programme which can pretty much do anything as long as your not interested in FPS or general 3-axis 3D.
    Clickteam website

For the last couple of months i've been getting to grips with all the features and blahblah and i think im ready to make a proper, decent length (im looking for around 6-7 hours game play, in the exact same style as GS1&2) fan based GS3! Graphics are no problem atall, and getting all the correct sprites isn't a problem. Environments will be exactly the same (that will take the longest, the environments are so well done and detailed), and as far as i can tell Alex is the only option for a playable character (i just started playing TLA again and ill be searching for loops left), although obviously there will be 4 different characters and elements. Mkay thanks for reading this far!! Unless you've been skimming the page and just caught this sentence outta the corner of your eye :P.

I made this forum for 2 different reasons:
    1- So people will trust me and not automatically assume the .exe file is a massive virus designed to steal your college end of term papers.
    2- Ideas!!! I've got hundreds of ideas, but if people start giving me some input im sure the game will be of a much higher quality. I'm looking at different versions, 1.1, 1.2 etc released probably 2 weeks apart from each other, or just 1 big version after about 2 months? You decide, im not fussed.

So, recap!!
    1- I'm making GS3 (playable on PC only :unsure:)
    2- Its totally unofficial, but if it was on the GBA/DS i don't think you would be able to tell its by some bored fan.
    3- This forum was setup to raise awareness, and mainly get some ideas.
    4- ALL ideas are welcome, (im looking at you RP fans) ill probably end up using all the good ones.
    5- VERY sorry for the rant, i find it difficult to only type a few words (something i will have to sort out for cut scenes).
    6- The file will be made on Multimedia Fusion 2, and will be in .exe format meaning all computers, macs and such will be able to open. (Pokemon games were all made using a very similar event based programme like this)
    7- Unfortunately, the only 2 things that will be impossible to re-create are when you open the loading screen it shows you your party & Djinn count (i may be wrong but i cant find a way atm) and all the music will have to be in .midi format :blink::blink::blink: but im working on that.Thanks for reading, post and have fun!!I don't want to hear negative stuff! Whats the point!
    -Boomerang
    xxx

#2   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

Welcome, but wrong sub-forum thingie.

The first one who posts a link to or quotes Sunsaber's GS3 is going to lose his gender.

Hope it works, I'd love to play it when it's finished.

#3   Boomerang 

• Squire
      • Pip
        • Interests:Mixing on my Decks (Gemini)<br />DnB<br />Trance mainly euphoric &amp; ambient<br />Most of the songs on guitar hero <br />Some indie, the good stuff not the random people with stupid shoes, ridiculous voices and awful haircuts<br />Being opinionated <br />Drums &lt;3<br />Piano &lt;3<br />Guitar (eventually)

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

View PostSaturos Striker, on Mar 8 2008, 04:41 PM, said:

The first one who posts a link to or quotes Sunsaber's GS3 is going to lose his gender.

I was actually thinking of asking him if I could use his DS image as a starting screen, loosing the name the solar soothslayer though, that blows >.<

#4   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Me111

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

Looks like Max has been lying all these years...

View PostBoomerang, on Mar 8 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

I made this forum for 2 different reasons:

But on a serious note, good luck to you. I don't think I can argue with someone who's doing something Camelot should have done ages ago.

#5   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
            • Interests:.5% per annum.
            • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

'Please be quiet.'

#6   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
              • AKA Darksword

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Do you have anything in mind for a plot?

#7   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

See, if Sunsaber had made a post like this, people may have taken him seriously. This sounds like it may actually turn out well.

Like DS said, do you have anything so far for a plot?

#8   Boomerang 

• Squire
                • Pip

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

Mhhhhrhmphh plot.. im not entirely sure but i have a lil outline! 4sure (don't care how many people hate the idea, i love it) having 2 different sides - sometimes your playing with Alex (on his own) and then the standard 4 party team of heroes blahblah (player decides which side wins), and as i said i just started to replay TLA so im not sure. I dont even remeber the ending or anything, but yeah new party members, some new ripped&edited new psyenergies, and a bangin new theme tune by myself and some music programme ill find and my piano, as similar to that chinese guy who does the music for GS as possible.

For plot ideas, thats why i set this forum up!! i can do the technical stuff i just cant think of a particularly solid storyline. Or how the hell Alex & new party get to this random new continent and what Alex wants to achieve, maybe its his new quest to get laid or something ^^ (that was a JOKE people before you all get keyboard-happy [banana infinity or infinate split or watever that rediculous name of yours is {yes i spelt rediculous wrong i know}]).

More importantly, does ne1 know anything about copyright issues?? My friend told me its very risky to keep the name Golden Sun and to use the soundtracks. Apparently sprites are not a big enough issue to start a lawsuit over, but these guys have other guys whos job it is to bust guys like me or something, im not too sure. So yeah any info on copyright laws/severity any such gimme a bell. Ive already began the opening sequence, start screen is DONE but saves dont work yet. And if anyone could tell me a good site to find the .wave GS sounds that would be awesome, GS just wouldent be GS without the wierd scribbling sounds while people talk =D

Oh yeah, and i have to change the name to Rising Sun :'( unless anyone has a better idea - say it soon, itll b too late by monday or somethin.)
                  screenshots tomorrow!!
                  until then, l8iaz.

-Boomerang
                  xxx

#9   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                    • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

If you use anything copyrighted from the Golden Sun games, including but not limited to characters, music, logos and graphics, you might get a complaint from Camelot, but I don't know for sure how far they could take things.

And why do you keep saying that you set this forum up?

#10   kate 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                      • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:17 AM

He means this topic. And wow I'm impressed, how many people do you have helping you with that?

I would sooo play as alex. Anyways, be sure to keep us updated ;)

Plot is a toughie...but I like the idea of being centered around alex.

#11   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                        • AKA Darksword

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

Well, lets go back to the ending of GS:TLA. Off the top of my head, I remember Alex is trapped underneath Mt. Aleph and the rest of the party went back to Vale (which was destroyed). The first thing you do should be to try and guid Alex out of underneath the mountain. And I wouln'd use Djini, since the player would have collected them all at the end of GS:TLA.

#12   Boomerang 

• Squire
                        • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Mar 9 2008, 05:32 AM, said:

If you use anything copyrighted from the Golden Sun games, including but not limited to characters, music, logos and graphics, you might get a complaint from Camelot, but I don't know for sure how far they could take things.

And why do you keep saying that you set this forum up?

Ideas mainly, people who have played the game wwaay longer then me will surely have some good ideas and lil storyline continuations i never noticed =D

And thanks DS, ill get on that right away!!
                          Also found a way to make an installing programme!!? seems kinda pointless but its more professional so ima do it anyway :P

L8
                          -Boomerang
                          xxx

#13   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

As long as you don't make any money off of it, Camelot can't complain.

#14   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

Well, competition brings out the best in us. Maybe the competition will make Max work on GSW more x3!

Anyway man, good luck with your game. I'll be keeping an eye on you and your game regularly, so watch out ^_~

#15   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

If you dissapoint, we will be coming to you hosue with pitchforks, jsut because you got out hopes up.

No pressure though.

#16   Boomerang 

• Squire
                                • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

View PostDipset, on Mar 9 2008, 04:25 PM, said:

If you dissapoint, we will be coming to you hosue with pitchforks, jsut because you got out hopes up.
                                  No pressure though.

hahahaha bring it fool ;p

i said i was going to send out some screenshots today, but im going to the park to play football now instead, probably be 3 or 4 out by like 8-9 or something.

#17   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

SOunds good. You got a storyline worked out yet?

#18   Boomerang 

• Squire
                                    • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

And also you people are missing the point of this topic - i need ideasss as well as incentive to continue!!!!

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

OOHHHH. Hmm. Well, the incentive is that since you got our hopes up, you have to or we will kill you. :).

I'd say, make it a year after GS: TLA, everybody is doing good. Vale is rebuilt. And then all of a sudden, :P, Alex comes, and he's PIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEED. Idk, jsut off the top of my head, it sounds like it might work.

#20   Boomerang 

• Squire
                                        • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

Ohhh yess, i found a fully animated, frame by frame collection of Alex.

#21   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

I'm assuming this game is in the very early stages of development?

#22   Boomerang 

• Squire
                                            • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Mar 9 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

I'm assuming this game is in the very early stages of development?

loll yup m8, i have a fully animated Alex now movable with WASD but no levels to move him around in yet >.< as it happens im making the first cut-scene this second, title was done but i decided to make some changes. Changed the name from Golden Sun to Rising Sun just incase of copyright issues and for my own reasons. Also i have 2 (i think) fantastic ideas, but im not sharing just yet :P

I just realized constantly using MSN talk really does destroy your spelling ability!! Good job Firefox has a spell check inbuilt eh :)

L8iaz
                                              -Boomerang
                                              xxx

#23   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                • AKA Spam King

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Lawl, I talk exactly the same way as I am now in MSN.

#24   Boomerang 

• Squire
                                                • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Mar 9 2008, 10:51 PM, said:

Lawl, I talk exactly the same way as I am now in MSN.

Must be difficult, keeping up that level of grammar with all 6 of your friends ^^
                                                  Now, its time to go an pwn some n00bs in warrock! night all!
                                                  xxx

#25   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                    • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                    • AKA Spam King

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Well on most days I type so fast, the amount of time it saves using leetspeak is practically negligible.

#26   PDM 

• Disciple
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                      • AKA lifeform288

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

View PostBoomerang, on Mar 8 2008, 08:08 AM, said:

Yo.
                                                      I'm Boomerang, I'm new to the site, please be nice, I've seen there're one or two people who like to pick holes in things people say for no reason, it's really annoying, you're not as smart as you think. ^^

I put myself in a state of laughter. Har har har!

My first idea is to make sure you dictate the dialogue to someone else.

#27   Boomerang 

• Squire
                                                      • Pip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:10 AM

View PostPDM, on Mar 11 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

I put myself in a state of laughter. Har har har!
                                                        My first idea is to make sure you dictate the dialogue to someone else.

Is that gamers forum language for im a prick? or are you trying to be funny. regardless please don't post here again, got a problem keep it to messages =/

#28   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing what you're doing with this GS3. If I come up with any interesting ideas I'll let you know. So good luck until then!

#29   PDM 

• Disciple
                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 31-December 05
                                                            • AKA lifeform288

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

View PostBoomerang, on Mar 11 2008, 05:10 AM, said:

Is that gamers forum language for, "I'm a prick?" Or are you trying to be funny? Regardless, please don't post here again, if you have a problem, keep it to messages. =/

This entertains me to no end.

Oh, and, good for you on your hopes of making GS3.

#30   Sun Saber 

• Squire
                                                            • Pip
                                                              • Joined: 07-November 06
                                                              • Location:Somewhere around
                                                              • Interests:Ahh... why ask me? Ask somebody else!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

View PostDipset, on Mar 8 2008, 07:07 PM, said:

See, if Sunsaber had made a post like this, people may have taken him seriously. This sounds like it may actually turn out well.

Like DS said, do you have anything so far for a plot?

I made GS3. They stole my work and announced GS3.

#31   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                • Joined: 06-February 10
                                                                • Location:No one on the corner have swagga' like moi
                                                                • AKA skidzors, Drizzy Drake, Dipset, etc.

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

sure you did.

#32   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 8,895
                                                                  • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

View PostSun Saber, on Jul 26 2010, 11:57 PM, said:

I made GS3. They stole my work and announced GS3.
                                                                  lol.
                                                                  How old are you?

EDIT: Your profile says 15.

#33   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 523
                                                                    • Gender:Female

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Age shouldn't have anything to do with anything. im sure toasty was still working away on computers at 15.

#34   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                      • Posts: 4,901
                                                                      • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                      • Gender:Male
                                                                      • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yes let's feed the weak weak troll, guys.

#35   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

this is a troll? i just think of it as ******ry.

#36   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                          • Posts: 4,901
                                                                          • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                          • Gender:Male
                                                                          • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                          • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

View PostThankMeLater, on Jul 27 2010, 05:32 PM, said:

this is a troll? i just think of it as ******ry.

Yes.

#37   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Troll - One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

It wasn't at all provocative, and there was no intention of maximum disruption or argument.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic