Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Theories About Gs's Other Unused Things.

#1 Guest_Kamnelomo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:17 AM

Hello, I wanted to share two theories I came up with you.

1)Do you remember enemies using some abilities? Riiight, they USE them. Like "Rotten Blood", "Fire Dance", "Onslaught", et cetera.

And we know that there are 3 levels of psynergy, if any. I mean, attack psy. For example, "Volcano-Eruption-Pyroclasm", or "Plasma-Shine Plasma-Spark Plasma" and "Punji-Punji Trap-Punji Strike".

Well, maybe you didn't notice, but there are 3 more psynergies CASTED by enemies. How? Yeah, you're right, it's "Earnest Ply" by Refresh Ball, "Rolling Flame" and "Meteor Blow" by Agatio.

First one proves to be a 4th version of "Ply", second - 4th level of "Beam" and third - maybe 3rd version of Heat Wave? (I doubt that, but nevermind)

(I'm not sure, but maybe one of the psy's by Agatio I mentioned was USED, I don't remember.)

2)I think I figured out how enemies were coded into GS. ;)

If you don't want to read it, don't read it, as I already know it's stupid and you don't have to say "CRAAAP"!

There were levels of enemies' strength used on the main map. 1st level is Vale-Goma Range in GS1 and , Idejima-Dehkan Plateau in GS2, I guess... So, if you use the famous glitch about exploring GS1 lands in GS2, the levels will remain - Vale-Goma Range zone will use Idejima-Dehkan Plateau zone's enemies... And Gondowan zone will use Atteka and Hesperia enemies... Funny, huh? :P

#2   Boomerang 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Mixing on my Decks (Gemini)<br />DnB<br />Trance mainly euphoric &amp; ambient<br />Most of the songs on guitar hero <br />Some indie, the good stuff not the random people with stupid shoes, ridiculous voices and awful haircuts<br />Being opinionated <br />Drums &lt;3<br />Piano &lt;3<br />Guitar (eventually)

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

How the heck did you observe all that, thats pretty good.
    Shame we cant use the 4th level psy-moves, that would be siikkk.

#3 Guest_Kamnelomo_*

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

Thanks! I just enjoy thinking. About everything. 4-level psys was just a random theme. :P

#4   Atrius 

• Squire
    • Pip
      • Interests:Programming, 3D Modeling

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

Here's a character that was in the game, but never used:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YoV02vODM6A

#5   Folcon 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
        • AKA escout

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

how'd you get him

#6   Atrius 

• Squire
        • Pip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

I've been working on ripping sprites directly from the game data, and I came across him in the collection of character sprites. Since I'd already figured out most of the data that goes into setting a characters sprites while trying to figure out how to rip them from the game it wasn't too hard for me to create a cheat code to play as him. I talked about it here.

#7 Guest_Kamnelomo_*

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

Well, I think it's an ordinary shop assistant. :P

#8   Atrius 

• Squire
          • Pip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

I disagree.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/AtriusV/Random%20Screens/LinkGoldenSun.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/AtriusV/Random%20Screens/1_thumb_link.gif

That is just too similar to Link to be a coincidence, he even has pointy ears. The only villagers I've noticed in Golden Sun that have pointy ears are the ones in Prox, but they're also either extremely pale, or blue. The only real difference between this character and Link that I can notice is that he seems to be wearing a yellow vest, other than that he's a perfect representation of the old designs of Link when he had brown hair.

Camelot also works on games like Mario Tennis, and Mario Golf, so it's not unlikely they would have considered putting a cameo of a Nintendo character in the game. Since it's an RPG game, why not Link?

#9 Guest_Kamnelomo_*

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

Ah, you mean him? Sorry, didn't get it. :P Yeah, that's Link for sure - just testing their abilities in making characters maybe? Or they did this for fun.

#10   kate 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
              • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

you mention a glitch about exploring gs1 areas in gs2, how is this done? (I would totally like to revisit vale)

#11   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                • AKA escout

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

View Postkate, on Mar 21 2008, 02:32 PM, said:

you mention a glitch about exploring gs1 areas in gs2, how is this done? (I would totally like to revisit vale)

I saw a video for that, you can explore the lands, but the towns and other places are not there for some reason.

#12   Moonear 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

View Postkate, on Mar 21 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

First, go to the small beach southwest of the village Loho. Get on your boat, and face in between the small beach, and the tiny piece of land below it. Hit the A button to get off your ship and you should end up on the other side of the mountains.

None of the towns are there except Vale, and the Venus Lighthouse, and you can't even enter them. It's a waste of time.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic