• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(Child) Rape = Death Penalty?

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

I was curious what people thought of this.

http://www.reuters.c...128546220080413

Apparently, the US Supreme Court is reconsidering, for the first time in four decades, the possibility of using execution as punishment for a crime other than murder.

#2   Legolastom 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

Nothing = Death penalty. More like.

#3   Quacnar 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:Video games, Computer, Card games, Theatre
        • AKA killercoz

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

This is absolutely ridiculous. Corporal punishment being used at all is questionable, so for using it as a punishment for a crime other than murder is pepostrous. Every 40 years the death penalty can be used for a new crime, and eventually people will get the death penalty for stealing a loaf of bread even though they are starving to death.

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Coz, don;t be stupid. That'll NEVER happen. And most of the time, if people are homeless and hungry, they go dumpster diving or go to a homeless shelter.

Or they try to get caught stealing something so they can be sent to jail and get a free meal.

Anyway, I'd go with it. Hopefully it'll stop all the sex crazed pedo's from going to the local playgrounds. It's possible that the media is just deciding to cover these stories more often, but it seems like every other one is "CHILD RAPED BY KNOWN SEX OFFENDER.....AGAIN"

Rape is bad. Child rape is worse. If you kill someone, you should be killed. It's as simple as that. The bible even says "An eye for an eye." And it also says that punishment should not be carried out by the victim unless law states so.

Basically, since you can't rape the offender as a child, you have to go with the next best thing. Death.

If it get's people to stop molesting kids, then go for it.

#5   CeruSapph 

• New User

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:20 PM

I'm a bit with Toasty. If they were to use the death penalty on ONE Pedophile who kidnaps kids and rapes them, then it'll wake up the others to tell them, THIS is what could happen if you try to snatch a kid or whatever.

I'm like half and half. Half against it, Half for it.

#6   Eugine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

View PostLegolastom, on Apr 14 2008, 10:14 PM, said:

Basically got the same opinion here =)
              I think the Death penalty should be used for extreme cases, like murder for example (and I'm really skeptical), but not in child rape x.x
              Like coz said, once you allow the death penalty in a situation, it brings up the opportunity to use it in other situations.

#7   Quacnar 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • AKA killercoz

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

If a person is attracted to children, it is not their fault. Same with race, gender and sexuality it is simply in your genes. Now pedophilia is the inability to resist those urges, that does not deserve death.

Murder on teh other hand is not a trait you are born with, unless your crazy in which case you'll get institutionalized instead of going to jail. When people plan murders and take someone else's life they get their life taken away. I don't really agree with this either, but it does make more logical sense. "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."

#8   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Care to prove that attraction to children is in your genes?

#9   kate 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                    • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

Death penalty is never appropriate. I'm not just saying that because I'm canadian, because I actually hate the way our judical system handles things. A guy raped 15 women and is only getting 18 years in jail with possibility of parole after like 9. Ridiculous, he should be locked up for life for that. But not executed, never executed. Who the frick are we to decide who lives and dies? That makes us no better than the murderers. The only thing that does suck is it's the taxpayers money keeping them locked in jail, but then just cut back on living conditions, no one says they have to be comfy in jail.

#10   Quacnar 

• Chaos Lord
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • AKA killercoz

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

View PostEugine, on Apr 14 2008, 10:28 PM, said:

Care to prove that attraction to children is in your genes?

I dont think people decide to rape children randomly, there has to be a natural sexual feeling for them... or insanity.

#11   kate 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                        • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Ittt's true guys. Actually, it is. Same as being gay. It is not curable, the only thing is it is preventable, as adults they should be able to restrain themselves, just like we don't hump every attractive member of the opposite sex we see. But no, child sex offenders who haven't raped a child for ages will still be attracted to them until the day they die.

#12   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

I hardly think people decide to murder randomly also, but it happens.

#13   Toasty 

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

View Postkillercoz, on Apr 14 2008, 07:27 PM, said:

If a person is attracted to children, it is not their fault. Same with race, gender and sexuality it is simply in your genes. Now pedophilia is the inability to resist those urges, that does not deserve death.

Murder on teh other hand is not a trait you are born with, unless your crazy in which case you'll get institutionalized instead of going to jail. When people plan murders and take someone else's life they get their life taken away. I don't really agree with this either, but it does make more logical sense. "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."

Coz, they make a conscious choice to shove their penis's into little children. They are not forced to, and they are not persuaded. It's sick and disgusting, and regardless of whether it's their fault or not that they like little children that way, it's still wrong.

Think of how traumatized, or worse, screwed up the kid may be after being molested. The death penalty is definately a good idea when it comes to murder (eye for an eye, etc.), and though it may seem extreme in this case, the assultee's pretty much kill the children inside. If they know and understand what happened, it'll haunt them for the rest of their lives. Heck, I'd commit suicide unless there was some way for me to erase the event from my memory. If they don't understand what happened, then their morals and sense of right from wrong will be screwed up, usually permanently, in such a way that they'll probably end up doing something similar when they're older.

No amount of prison time or torture can make up for the psycological impact that molestation has on children. None. Death is the only option that can compare. It may seem extreme at first glance, but if you take the time to realise how horrible of an act this is, you'll likely agree.

View Postkate, on Apr 14 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

Death penalty is never appropriate. I'm not just saying that because I'm canadian, because I actually hate the way our judical system handles things. A guy raped 15 women and is only getting 18 years in jail with possibility of parole after like 9. Ridiculous, he should be locked up for life for that. But not executed, never executed. Who the frick are we to decide who lives and dies? That makes us no better than the murderers. The only thing that does suck is it's the taxpayers money keeping them locked in jail, but then just cut back on living conditions, no one says they have to be comfy in jail.

Eye for an eye. The bible states that we were given the right to govern ourselves, and that it as long as the laws put in effect by our society do not contradict the laws god set forth for us (i.e. the ten commandments), that were are obliged to follow those laws. Failing to do so is a sin.

The bible states that if you're arm causes you to sin, then it should be cut off. However, if you're using that arm to kill people, then you deserve to die. You killed people, therefore you must be killed.

All agree that the death penalty may seem a bit extreme in this case, but even if you cut off a molester's penis, he'll still find ways to molest. So ultimately, the only way to get him to stop, is to kill him (or throw him in jail for the rest of his life).

But that brings up another argument. In reality, the life sentence is just as bad as the death sentence. The only difference is how long it takes you to die. In reality, the life sentence is even worse. It lasts for years, even decades, whereas the death sentence is quick. The death sentence may be physically painful, but the life sentence is mentally tormenting.

Anyway, according to the bible, you would be no better than the murderer if you yourself, without the consult of any athorities, killed the murderer. Law dictates that he is entitled to a fair trial. The bible dictates that the punishment should equal the act of sin. So in the murderer's case, that means the death penalty.

You have to realise, if the guy knowingly killed someone, especially if it's more than one person, he likely didn't regret it. That leaves no hope for him being reformed.

[/long-ass post]

#14   Quacnar 

• Chaos Lord
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • AKA killercoz

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Couple of things:

1. If you murdered someone, but it wasnt your fault, should you die?

2. Who said anything about a man molesting?

3. The bible will never support your reasoning in a debate. Religion is debatable, so as far as a lot of people are concerned the bible is BS.

4. Im not saying that molesting is the right thing to do, it just isnt the worst crime.

5. Why do you assume that everyone who molest will be a repeat offender? That is ridiculous.

6. Prison is a suitable punishment for rape, death is not. Even with eye for an eye philosophy death doesnt equal rape.

#15   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                • AKA escout

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

Pesonaly, I think all kinds of rape, not just child rape, should have a death penalty. And something else to keep in mind, women can rape a person too, just as easily as a man can. It's just not as common.

#16   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                  • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

View Postkate, on Apr 15 2008, 04:36 AM, said:

Ittt's true guys. Actually, it is. Same as being gay. It is not curable, the only thing is it is preventable, as adults they should be able to restrain themselves, just like we don't hump every attractive member of the opposite sex we see. But no, child sex offenders who haven't raped a child for ages will still be attracted to them until the day they die.

It's actuallu cureable by jamming certain hormones in someone's brains. I think I posted a topic about that a while ago.

View Postkillercoz, on Apr 15 2008, 05:53 AM, said:

Couple of things:

3. The bible will never support your reasoning in a debate. Religion is debatable, so as far as a lot of people are concerned the bible is BS.

4. Im not saying that molesting is the right thing to do, it just isnt the worst crime.

5. Why do you assume that everyone who molest will be a repeat offender? That is ridiculous.

6. Prison is a suitable punishment for rape, death is not. Even with eye for an eye philosophy death doesnt equal rape.

Against death penalty in all cases so.

1. You can't kill someone and not be at fault, it might have been an accident, but your still at fault. Accidental killing is manslaughter and should be fed 6-10 years imo.

2. Rape is more or less molesting, it isn't done with free will, thus they struggle, thus the rapist has to contol the victum, often with violence.

3. Bible as such books often form guidelines of human morality. I'm not saying that everything in there is good and true, but these things are just along the lines of human morality. You don't rape something that's practically defenseless for your pleasure. You don't traumatise children like that.

4. Molesting is a crime, and a bad one at that. Jail for that.

5. If you put child attraction under: "it's not their fault, it's their nature" then it will happen again. Congrats and contradicting yourself.

6. I'm against the death penalty, but those offenders should never ever get out of jail.

#17   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                    • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                    • AKA escout

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

I've talked to an acquaintance of mine that has started studying law and according to him, rape involves the act of unwanted penetration, while molestation is pretty much any unwanted sexual act that does not involve penetration, mainly; fondling and touching of any part of their body with yours.

But this is his interpretaion, not textbook.

#18   Toasty 

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

View Postkillercoz, on Apr 14 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

Couple of things:

1) That's not murder. IT's called involuntary manslaughter (or something like that), and is not punishable by death. Usually you serve time in prison for being careless, and then serve community service.

2) Most news stories you hear about involve men molesting children. Therefore, I used that in my example.

3) Our entire society, believe it or not, at it's core, is based off of the christian bible. Our laws, or morals, pretty much everything. Some more religious points of view, (i.e. "God says so, therefore it is truth/law), may not hold up in court, but morals, and even the ten commandments, will. The founding fathers based this country off of the bible, and the majority of Americans actually consider themselves christians, believe it or not. So the bible plays more of a role than you think.

4) There are few crimes that are worse. Murder is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. 'Course, that's my opinion.

5) Not everyone, but many, if not most, are. I never said all are.

6) Then we should round them up and neuter them. Cut off the male pedo's penises, and sew up the women pedo's.

Honestly, I think most would probably kill themselves afterwards (I would), and the courts would rule this mor inhumane than the death penalty.

The death penalty can be used as a pretty effective scare tactic imo. A lot of people are afraid to die, and because of that, will likely second guess breaking the law. The death penalty is certainly not a solution for all cases, but some law breakers just plain deserve to die. That's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of every jury who's ever sentenced someone to death.

#19   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                        • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

Rape is just about the worst crime you can commit these days, so additional 'scare tactics' aren't going to make much difference. People do it because they think they can get away with it. They're not thinking about the law.

And Toasty, why do you have this idea that rapists are completely evil people who will never change their ways no matter how sorry they are? You say that we should kill them because a life sentence would be torment, but you could say the same for people living in third-world countries. Sure, we could drop a nuke on them and end the suffering, but that's just wrong. Death should never be a solution to the spending of taxpayer dollars, and we spend a hell of a lot more on those third-world kids than we do on our prisoners.

I hope you're not being serious about the neutering either.

#20   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

View PostLegolastom, on Apr 15 2008, 04:14 AM, said:

/\ The edit is my opinion. The death penalty is the best thing to happen to the world since coffee was first made... Or did the death penalty come first?

#21   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                            • AKA Darksword

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

A life sentance harldy ever ends up with the prisoner spending their entire life in prision. Usualy they somehow end up getting out after 25 years or so.

#22   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                              • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                              • AKA escout

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

View PostToasty, on Apr 15 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

6) Then we should round them up and neuter them. Cut off the male pedo's penises, and sew up the women pedo's.

Even if you do neuter them, sexual offenders can still commit sexual acts, such as molesting, fondling, etc.

#23   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Apr 15 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

/\ The edit is my opinion. The death penalty is the best thing to happen to the world since coffee was first made... Or did the death penalty come first?

Meh, to me the death penalty is a form of primtivism. Let them work for society in a ****ty place where they'll never come out.

View Postescout, on Apr 15 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

Even if you do neuter them, sexual offenders can still commit sexual acts, such as molesting, fondling, etc.

Fisting, bondage, licking, whipping...

#24   Legolastom 

• Disciple

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

Have you people ever stopped to think how long 25 years in prison is? Its more than most of your lives.

And if anyone brings up those quotes from the bible you can easilly find other quotes from the bible that dont suport it.

#25   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

View PostDarkSword, on Apr 15 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

A life sentance harldy ever ends up with the prisoner spending their entire life in prision. Usualy they somehow end up getting out after 25 years or so.

There is a difference. There is life with the possibility of parole in 25 years, and there is life.

Now, I think rapists get exactly what they deserve in prison, but they should get more of it. Rapists are mostly placed in PC because if they were in general population, they would most likely die very quickly. I have read of so many cases of a rapist being placed in general population, adn being kileld within the first week of their sentence. I think they should get life in prison, and every day, HAVE to get the **** kicked out of them. What I mean is put them in a room, and let a prisoner go to town for like 5 minutes. And continue this for every day of their lives. This would cause serious physicall pain, and the fact that they are in jail for the res of their lives would cause very serious mentall pain.

#26   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                      • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                                      • Interests:research it
                                                      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

the only crime punisheable by death in this country is treason. which is retarded. treason as in plots against the monarchy, not the government, although iirc its like 60 years since someone was executed for treason but the law was never abolished

i'd only remotely consider the death penalty in extreme cases like War Crimes and such.

refering to the topic at hand, in this country there's the Sex Offender's Register, which basically puts a bounty on your head, a bounty paid in public relief and satisfaction

#27   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

I'm not for child rape or anything, but it's descrimination to an extent. If the person honestly has sexual desires for children, then yes it's frowned upon but sentancing them to death for something they cant help? That's harsh.

#28   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                          • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                          • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                          • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

Child attraction can not be helped, yes, but the actual act of raping a child is thought out.

#29   Gio 

• Disciple
                                                            • Joined: 17-February 08
                                                            • Location:Florida, AMERICA
                                                            • Interests:Video games, music, drumming, and just chilling with my friends.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

View Postkillercoz, on Apr 14 2008, 09:27 PM, said:

you

View Postkate, on Apr 14 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

and you most definitely under estimate human will power. No matter what kind of desires you have they can still be controlled.

View PostLegolastom, on Apr 15 2008, 02:02 PM, said:

Have you people ever stopped to think how long 25 years in prison is? Its more than most of your lives.

And if anyone brings up those quotes from the bible you can easilly find other quotes from the bible that dont suport it.

Do it. I dare you.

#30   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 13-April 08

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

I dont have a bible because I am not a christian. But I do take RE as a GCSE subject (Not like most of you Americans know what that is) and know a lot about christian teaching. And I know a lot of things that go against that, cant remember them directly of course because well... why the **** would I remember them?

#31   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

What are you? Atheist?

I admit, the Bible does seem to contradict itself on many issues. I am not defending its contradictions, but I think there are reasons why it contradicts itself
                                                                1) Translation. Possible human errors in translation
                                                                2) Different times. Remember the Bible was written by many people of different cultures, and different status, and of course different times.
                                                                3) I'm not sure, if this is one, but I'll say it. The New Testament and the Old Testament are different to an extent. Remember, the Old Testament allowed the death penalty, while Jesus outlawed it.

#32   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                                                                  • Posts: 1,298

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

Three good points.

But the teachings I am talking about are clear points from Jesus himself.

And yes I am Atheist.

#33   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 8,895
                                                                    • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

Alright, care to provide a link? Cuz honestly I have no clue if he did or did not =)

I think Jesus was against the death penalty though, but not sure. So yeah, I'll take back my word 'outlawed' above.

#34   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 4,002
                                                                      • Joined: 23-June 05
                                                                      • Location:Somewhere in Europe

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:42 PM

And let's not forget those vicars/priests who "play" with choir boys. We've all heard those stories.

#35   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 4,671
                                                                        • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                        • Location:...
                                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:06 AM

View PostDipset, on Apr 16 2008, 02:40 AM, said:

Child attraction can not be helped, yes, but the actual act of raping a child is thought out.

Quoted for truth. Sure, maybe the guy can't help getting a boner when thinking of kids, and if a kid agrees to have sex with him/her then I think it's relatively okay. But if he gos and rapes a child, that definitely isn't all right.

#36   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • Posts: 8,730
                                                                          • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                          • Location:England

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:11 AM

Rofl SS, the vicar in a neighbouring town is gay.

#37   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                            • Posts: 11,279
                                                                            • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                                            • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:18 AM

And before anyone brings it up, drugs are a completely different argument. They addict people physically, and as such those people have a right to counselling, but not rapists. They did the wrong thing and it was entirely their decision.

#38   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                                                                              • Posts: 1,298

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

Um even if a child concents to sex isnt it still considered rape in the eyes of the law?

Also Jesus didnt believe in any violence at all.

#39   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

Also drugs dont care if you take them or not. Children are going to notice if that man from the internet takes his pee pee out.

#40   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                  • Posts: 8,290
                                                                                  • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

Why did drugs come into this discussion?

#41   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

It was split.

#42   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

I noticed, but I don't get why.

#43   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • Posts: 4,002
                                                                                        • Joined: 23-June 05
                                                                                        • Location:Somewhere in Europe

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Child rapists might use GHB?

So don't accept lemonade from strange men kids.

#44   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                          • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

Child rapists might also use ecstasy, meth, weed, DXM, DMT, PCP, heroin, cocaine, oxycotin, ketamine, LSD, mushrooms.

That has really nothing to do with it.

@ Split-And not all drugs addict people physically. Many are mentall addictions. Also, if you are under the influence of a hallucinogen, they might give you a shorter sentence. This kid took some LSD, and thought his friend was trying to cannibalize him, and killed him. He only got 5 years, but then he got 6 monthes of drug counselling, and he will be on probation for the rest of his life. There is always extenuating circumstances.

And SS, GHB is a VERY powerfull hallucinogen, and you controle almost none of your actions. I drank a cap full, and I was DONE. Though yes, if somebody raped while on GHB it is still their fault, I'm sure they would get a lighter sentence, but also alot of counselling, and probation.

#45   Gio 

• Disciple
                                                                                            • Posts: 1,032
                                                                                            • Joined: 17-February 08
                                                                                            • Location:Florida, AMERICA
                                                                                            • Interests:Video games, music, drumming, and just chilling with my friends.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

View PostLegolastom, on Apr 16 2008, 06:29 AM, said:

Um even if a child concents to sex isnt it still considered rape in the eyes of the law?

Yes, it is called statutory rape

#46   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Preatty much in all developed countries there is an age sex limit. Take Canada for example. Anyone from age 1-17 can have sex, and anybody 18 and over can have sex. An 18 year old can't have sex with a 17 year old or younger, and vice versa.

#47   CeruSapph 

• New User
                                                                                                • Posts: 19
                                                                                                • Joined: 10-April 08
                                                                                                • Gender:Female

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

Shame...The world has come to this...Older people molesting little children...It make me sad to see this...

#48   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

They cant help it, if they have an attraction towards children, they cant change that. Molesting however is different, and that is their choice and their actions.

#49   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                    • AKA Spam King

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

Except most child rapists aren't actually attracted to children. They only do it because they think the kids will be too scared to tell anyone.

#50   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:38 AM

" Point on the doll where Michael Jackson touched you"

#51   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

Well then they're wrong, aren't they?

#52   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                                                          • Posts: 2,489
                                                                                                          • Joined: 08-November 04

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

I was of the impression that they had found a similarity in brain patterns for all paedophiles, suggesting that it might in fact be genetic.

Anyways, still no way would I advocate the death penalty. For all those who claim the Bible says this and that etc, I would like the passage where God said "Take it upon yourselves to judge people humanity, for you are all so perfect that you could never possibly get it wrong" to be stated.

Heck, just find me where he says "Take it upon yourselves to cast judgement" and I'll be happy.

With that said...life imprisonment cos they'd be a danger to children forever if it IS genetic. And I mean *life* not 9 years..

#53   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                            • Posts: 4,114
                                                                                                            • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

Or lock them in a room with the kid's parents armed with baseball bats.

#54   Zeypher 

• Disciple
                                                                                                              • Posts: 1,305
                                                                                                              • Joined: 02-April 08

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

If a guy rapes a child, his **** should be cut off as punishment.
                                                                                                              If it's a woman...uh...idk...

#55   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                • Group: Moderator
                                                                                                                • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                                                • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                                                • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

Pass her around a prison cell maybe? =O

#56   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

View PostZeypher, on May 7 2008, 09:56 AM, said:

If a guy rapes a child, his **** should be cut off as punishment.
                                                                                                                  If it's a woman...uh...idk...

That would fall under the heading of 'cruel and unusual'.

#57   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                                                    • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                                                    • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                                                    • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                                                                    • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

And sexism.

#58   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:16 AM

Who cares if it's cruel. Cut off a guy's ****, and **** a girl with a knife. That should stop it.

#59   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 4,301
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                                                                                        • AKA Dullahan

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

might get me warned this one.....

TRY POSTING SOMETHING LIKE THAT ONE MORE TIME, JUST TRY. - GL

#60   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                                                          • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                                                          • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                                                                          • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

No.

#61   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                                                                                            • Posts: 4,998
                                                                                                                            • Joined: 22-March 07
                                                                                                                            • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                                                                                            • AKA Darksword

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

View PostRavenblade, on May 5 2008, 01:52 PM, said:

I was of the impression that they had found a similarity in brain patterns for all paedophiles, suggesting that it might in fact be genetic.

Anyways, still no way would I advocate the death penalty. For all those who claim the Bible says this and that etc, I would like the passage where God said "Take it upon yourselves to judge people humanity, for you are all so perfect that you could never possibly get it wrong" to be stated.

Heck, just find me where he says "Take it upon yourselves to cast judgement" and I'll be happy.

Then we should just let every criminal we have locked up go free in that case; just because it's not our right to decide what he/she did was wrong.

#62   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                                              • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

View PostDipset, on May 7 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

Who cares if it's cruel. Cut off a guy's ****, and **** a girl with a knife. That should stop it.

Hey kiddies, let's solve our problems in the most extreme possible ways!

#63   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

And it won't nececarly stop him anyways. Cut off a guy's junk, there are still other ways he can molest a kid. I say just put a bullet in the ****er's head.

#64   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

Castrating someone for commiting rape assumes that they'll keep on doing it for the rest of their life; you can't just deny somebody the opportunity to reform. I think you should have several good reasons handy before you decide to remove a person's urinary and reproductive organs.

#65   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 6,607
                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                                                                                    • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

View PostSplit Infinity, on May 8 2008, 05:57 AM, said:

Castrating someone for commiting rape assumes that they'll keep on doing it for the rest of their life; you can't just deny somebody the opportunity to reform. I think you should have several good reasons handy before you decide to remove a person's urinary and reproductive organs.

Precisely.

Besides, it's not just the physical act of committing rape - it's about the sickening, shameless audacity people have when they think they can violate someone for their own sick pleasures.

#66   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                      • AKA escout

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

Just for the hell of it, I'm going to throw in this comment a friend of mine made a few years ago, "You can't rape the willing."

#67   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 6,607
                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                                                                                        • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

Update: Patrick Kennedy is now on death row, for the rape of his 8-year-old stepdaughter. A decision by the court is expected soon, but otherwise will be put to death for his act. He is one of only 2 people - out of 3300 - on death row for a crime other than murder.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=91009548

(background information)

#68   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 4,301
                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                                                                                                          • AKA Dullahan

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:42 PM

i find the words incest and Loiusiana very amusing in the same sentence XD

(in developed nations) death penalty for rape is unheard of, death penalty for paedophilia is unheard of, put them together and you get executed. The guy should is prison for the rest of his life, lacking his penis.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                          • You cannot reply to this topic