Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

System Administrator A really annoying message.

#1   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

Okay, I'm trying to Install Photoshop CS3 onto my PC, for some odd reason i get the: The system administrator has set policies to prevent installation, WTF!? this is new, I haven't touch the admins policy, its came as it is when i installed the OS a couple of months, I've tried CMD commands msiexec/unregister, and that didn't work, so errm help?

#2   Blue 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

Dude I have no idea. Is it a payed or a hax copy?

#3   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

BiTt0rr3nt, so yea its a 'special' version that I got for free xD Maybe reason why its doing the error thing, although I have to admit this is the very first time iv encountered such a problem in my Windows history.

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

Well are you using Vista or XP? If it's Vista, I probably won't be able to help you.

But the fact that it's 'special' has nothing to do (or at least it shouldn't) with the admin policies and whatnot. Unless of course your computer has 'anti-special' software installed that works with the system admin. I've never heard of such a thing though.

#5   cyberRoll 

• Slayer
          • PipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:reading, writing, drawing<br />thats all.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

Did you try installing it AS the admin?

#6   Toasty 

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:00 AM

The System Admin is different. It's there to make sure you don't change something that'll cause Windows to crash and show the BSOD. It's different from the regular Admin. You can't log on as it as far as I know.

#7   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'm using Windows XP 64bit, I thought it could be because its a 64bit architecture but I don't see a problem with the other CS3. just Photoshop, errm by special I mean its its not a legit copy xD To be honest when it was installed no special software anything came with it, just some odd reason this software won't install, but I was planning on buying a legal OS but Vista is kinda of a no no since iv seen loads people with it, and its dreadful to use :S And since XP can't be found in stores, so I'm gonna have to buy it online and has to be a 64 bit since the hardwares will only with 64 not 32.

#8   Toasty 

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I knew it wasn't a legitimate copy. That's why I called it 'special'. <_<

So anyway, it took me a while to find it, but I remembered that XP Pro had a user privelage editor of sorts somewhere in the system32 folder (it might be something like "system64" for you, though I can't say for sure since I've never used XP64).

There's a program called "lusrmgr" which you can acess there. Come to think of it, just open up "Run" in the start menu and type in lusrmgr and it should come up for you.

It'll only work in XP Pro though. Not Home edition.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if you'll be able to fix the problem that way, because it seems to me that you're computer is just being pissy or something. If the version of Photoshop you tried to install didn't work, try the other one (32/64 whichever one you didn't get) and see if it works. Since it's "special", you might have just ended up with a faulty copy.

#9   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

I agree with it being faulty.

I've had this a couple of times. Had it with iTunes once. Crazy ****. Either way, it's probably your computer being an asshole.

#10   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, I knew it wasn't a legitimate copy. That's why I called it 'special'.

aa sorry I was just making sure you understood what i meant, sorry if I insulted you <_<

Yeah the OS must be faulty, I tried your method Toasty but you was right it didn't work, so the system is been a *****, I need to buy a legit copy anyways but Vista is a no no at the moment xD

I've had this a couple of times. Had it with iTunes once. Crazy ****. Either way, it's probably your computer being an asshole.

Whoa ****, I had iTunes it was a bit funky with my old computer, it sometimes ot didn't even work correctly and yeah my OS is been an ass! xD

#11   Toasty 

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

I meant that the copy of Photoshop must have been corrupted/bad, and you should try the 32/64 bit version (whichever one you didn't origionally get), or just download a different torrent.

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic