Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

RP Forum Rules Read before posting

#1   Folcon 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
    • AKA escout

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Green text are edits by me, Darksword. I'll get a proper rules topic up when I have the time and there is a need. Until then, this should suffice.

It is finally time to breath new life into the RP forum. And with new life comes refined rules. These are the new rules of the RP forum.

OOC talk and RP threads are to be kept separate from now. Before creating a new RP, create an OOC thread in the OOC sub-forum. This will be where discussion related to the thread will goas of now.

1)No scripting, write posts in paragraph form

2)All RP’s should be kept at, around, or below PG-13. Excepts can be made, but they must be run past me first.
    I don't mind light cursing, as it makes characters more believable - but don't go around using it in needless excess.

3)No Modding: Modding is when you don’t give players and enemies any time to react. When you announce what action your character will perform, be fair and let your opponent have a chance to react.

4)No Godmodding: You’ve probably heard of it, but godmodding is when you make characters with godlike and overpowering abilities. Yes, we all know that a strong character is to be feared and admired, but in an RP, godmodding is plain old stupid and boring. Your characters will not come out of every situation unharmed. That’s OK though, because it’s fun to struggle to win a fight. Also, do note that if your character has an injured limb, it will affect how they fight

5)No Power playing: Powerplaying is when you take excessive control of someone else’s character as well as your own. What it boils down to is that the character you are controlling will have limited actions when the player who made the character takes his/her turn. It will make the following actions much more predictable

6)If it’s OOC discussion, it needs to go in the Discussion forum. It’s as simple as that. I’ll make few exceptions, such as a short comment that you may be away for a bit or asking how the post was, but I don’t want the RP threads to be a mini discussion.

7)Signing up: When wanting to sign-up, it would be best to not just ask the Game Manager if you can join, but have your character down as well, using the character format, if it's given out. It keeps the join request from being spammy.
    I also expect the character template to be up when the Sign-Ups are up.

8)The OOC threads are NOT the TRT. They're for direct discussion of the RP only. Take it to the SOT if it's to discuss something else. BTW, how many of you are excited about the new MLB season? See, that’s what we don’t want in the OOC threads. Role-Playing is Serious Bussiness. Go be random and spammy in the TRT

9)Etiquette:
    This is very simple.
    1) Be respectful. Respect the opinions of others. Debate, but not too loud, or with too much emotion. Don't say things that aren't nice.
    2) Forums are not IMs. Speak english please. I won't jump on you for every little thing, but a sentence like "nARUTO IS TEH BEST!!!! iT ROXORS MY SOXORS!!!" just doesn't cut it. Also, try not to post messages with one word, like saying 'lol', and also keep the profanity down.
    3) Don't spam.
    4) Don't say derogatory things to each other
    5) Double Posts are okay as long as they're separate thoughts...

10)Grammar: keep it English, and no 1337sp33k

If you have questions, PM me, Darksword

This post has been edited by Darksword: 22 October 2009 - 12:52 AM

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • This topic is locked