• You cannot reply to this topic

10 Most Common Game Design Mistakes

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:55 PM

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-10-most-co...522125215378009

I can definitely relate to most of these. Developers take note.

#2   Drizzy Drake 

• God
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

10. Yup, Half Life annoyed the hell out of me. Wasn`t like Portal where you could see what you needed to do, you just needed to find out how to do it. There were points were I`d play for literally an hour without progressing because I couldn`t find what to do. Great game, but I hate non-linear linear gameplay.

9. I can overcome clueless AI, but bad AI irks me.

8. No game should ever do quick time events unless it has the words of, war, and god in the title. And Heavy Rain, that **** looks siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

7. Meh.

6. We bought Halo, we dont want Gran Turismo.

5. Every game should have a quick save option that exits the game. Then when you load it it deletes the save.

I could go either way with this. It`s annoying to lose and hour in an RPG because you may have grinded that entire time, but having too many save points makes a game too easy.

4. An adundance of items is extra annoying when you have a storage cap.

3. Okay they are kinda reaching with this one. Wow, to complete the miniquests you have to load you save, big whuup. They`re making that out to be much wrose than it is.

2. Puzzles are one thing, vital shit being left out is another.

1. I`ll admit cut scenes NEED to be skipable. If they weren`t in MGS4 I would have given up on the game after I died after the 45 minute - load screen - 30 minute cutscene extraveganza.

Once again, they`re stretching. RPG`s are known for grinding, so don`t be fucking suprissed if you have to do some. Plus is RPG gameplay not mostly all about the fights?

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

I want to see more cutscenes of the same ilk as Half-Life's, where the player still has control over the character and can move and look around.

Cinematic cutscenes are good sometimes, but most video games aren't really trying to be movies except for MGS, but it works there (most of the time.)

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic