Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wishlist: New Features Psynergy, touch support and other additions.

#1   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:.5% per annum.
    • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

I personally want to see a better djinni management system, because shuffling those things around took way too long, especially with a full cabinet of 72. A drag and drop system with custom presets would make things a whole lot easier, maybe even with live class previews.

I haven't been playing enough to come up with anything dramatic yet; anyone else looking forward to something more... tasty?

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

JRPG styled overworld maps are outdated. I'm not sure what would take it's place that wouldn't terribly suck but... something else plz

#3   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
        • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

A seamless world made entirely out of 'screens', perhaps?

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

Problem with that is the world either ends up too small with stuff that's too easy to find, or too big and feels empty and useless. Think Twilight Princess.

#5   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
            • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Well, looking at the world map most of Golden Sun is just grassy plains to begin with...

I wouldn't mind the return of an overworld, as long as they recreate it with delicious 3D mountains, forests and structures. None of that pixelated Mode 7 effect.

#6   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Well I'm sure they're going to do something better then Mode 7, as that's hella old.

I'd actually like to see a better djinn management system as well. Presets wouldn't be a bad idea either, but it might be a little difficult to properly implement if it was on a per-character basis. I mean, I can't really think of any other way that you could automatically set certain djinn to a given character without simply swapping the current djinn with the ones that are to be set to said person. However, doing so would cause the other characters to have somewhat jumbled djinn set to them.

Having presets that change the setups for the entire party wouldn't be too hard though.

Dragging and dropping would also be a plus, and would be a great way to implement touch controls. But if they do that, they should still include the option to arrange via d-pad and such.

I also would like to see custom models for the weapons. In GS and TLA, Garet and Isaac's swords all looked the same in battle. I'd like to see, say, the Gaia blade, have it's own model that was the same no matter who equipped it.

I can see how that would have complicated things in the original two (doing so would require numerous sprites for any given character), but now that it's 3D, I assume that it shouldn't be too hard to treat the character and the weapon as two separate entities.

Costumes that change according to class (kinda like in FFIII DS) wouldn't be bad either, but I don't want any given costume to be the same for every character. Maybe just slight tweaks to the costume or something.

Though there are definitely other things I'd rather have first.

And I don't mind having an overworld, to be honest. Making it free range would cause it to feel cramped on the DS's relatively small screen. Side scrolling, or going screen by screen, would make traveling from one edge of the map to the other long and tedious (unless done really well).

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic