• You cannot reply to this topic

Dissidia: Final Fantasy The Fighting RPG Game

#1   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Auck.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm surprised no one's posted this. Unless no one likes the look of it. Oh well. I'd start posting pictures of characters and stuff, but I don't feel like it right now. I'm just gonna copypasta from Wiki.

[wall of text removed]
    http://en.wikipedia....:_Final_Fantasy

I'd put that in a quote tag, but the posting layout is a little... glitched right now. Anyway, this game comes out tomorrow, so I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm somewhat sad to say I spoiled myself by watching videos of the Japanese version, but I can't say that it'll lessen the experience of actually playing it. I've been waiting for this for a long time, and knowing that the arrival date is tomorrow, I'm kinda pumped. Squall would be my main; mainly because Final Fantasy VIII was the first Final Fantasy game I'd ever played back then when I was like 8 or 10, and I must say I liked it; even though the first time I entered a random encounter against that blue bug thing, I turned off the game cause I was afraid and never picked it up till mid 2005 after I beat Final Fantasy X. Then I beat it with Gameshark cheats because fighting Seifer on Lunatic Pandora was for some reason very hard to do.

Any thoughts? Concerns? What do you all think?

#2   Drizzy Drake 

• God
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

it'll be aight... won't be anything special. it's fan service really, but from what i heard they worked on it for a while before implementing anything ff related so it might be good. who knows.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

Protip: Nobody reads a wall of text on forums. Keep posts short as you can, quality over quantity. Instead of copy+pasting an article, link to the article. If you want to draw attention to a certain part of an article, keep it to a few paragraphs, then provide a link to the whole article.

I played the demo, it's pretty good. Sephiroth was a lot of fun to use. The thing I liked most, though, is the system of Brave points and how they affected your HP moves. EX mode I could skip, it felt too much like Final Smashes in SSBB. (it's toggleable I heard, thank god)

Even if it wasn't Final Fantasy characters I think it'd still be fun to play. The demo only let you have a limited number of moves, so the full game will probably be even more fun with customizable movesets.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

My only complaint so far is that the music is a little sub-par for a game with the Final Fantasy name. Some of it is really good, most of it is forgettable.

The battles can be a little repetitive but hey, it's a portable game. All in all, it's decent.

#5   Laharl 

• Banned
            • Group: Veterans
            • Interests:research it
            • AKA Dullahan

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:51 AM

not really, the music is usually pretty weak on the spin off games except when they're reusing Uematsu's work like in Crisis Core; where it completely outshone Ishimoto's original compisitions

#6   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

View PostLaharl, on Sep 4 2009, 04:51 AM, said:

not really, the music is usually pretty weak on the spin off games except when they're reusing Uematsu's work like in Crisis Core; where it completely outshone Ishimoto's original compisitions

I liked the original music Crisis Core had, but I'll agree because Dirge of Cerberus' music was horrible. Completely different feel to FFVII. The whole game had a different feel to it, awful.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

Moar thoughts:

After the initial impression of "this game is decent" I started to get bored and a little disappointed. Then after I got some guys past level 15, bam, this game is pretty awesome because I finally unlocked new stuff. Customizing characters with new move and equipment sets is fun, you can pretty much pick a character that has your preferred playstyle, and then deck him out even more for further specialization. The game may seem dull and shallow at first, but give it a chance and you might end up enjoying it.

Bad stuff here. The story mode is pretty fun, but I've got a few bones to pick with it. First, the story itself does have a vaguely interesting twist to it, but it's full of cliche (evil laughter!), uninspired dialogue, and uneven voice acting talent.

Also, some of the manikins in story mode (read: evil henchman you fight) have broken difficulty here and there. Too often if the developers wanted a certain part to be tough, specifically late into the story mode, they just give the manikin 5k HP and enough strength that one combo will Break you, with well over 1k starting BP. I won't call this is a huge fault because due to the nature of story mode, you can generally spot these fights pretty easy and skip them outright, but where's the fun in that?

Most of the manikin fights are pretty enjoyable because they're given very specific strengths and weaknesses. One example is a manikin that begins the fight with 1 HP, but 1k BP (maybe even more.) Though the reason I remember this is because it was used several times.

I also HATE that you can't play the story mode with the villains. I could swear that this game was advertised with the slogan of "What will you fight for?" Sure, you can play with the villains- outside of the story mode. Bleagh.

I like this game though, it was better than I thought it would be.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic