Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Significant Numbers Dates, lucky numbers, etc.

#1   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

Maybe I'm weird, but I've noticed an increasing amount of instances where specific numbers (2, 8, and 10) show up and correlate to an important event in my life. So far I've counted up 11 instances of this happening and its...really starting to freak me out.

These numbers, 2 and 8 specifically are also part of Fibonacci Numbers. I'm not a mathematics kind of person, but as this site says: "The sequence, in which each number is the sum of the two preceding numbers is known as the Fibonacci series: : 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144... each number is a sum of the previous two." That's also usually where 10 comes up in my dates-- it's a sum of 2 and 8.

I also found this to be interesting, as its how they derive the golden ratio (1.61803398). This ratio has been found several places in nature from the stems of leaves to the structure of the human face, proportions of chemical compounds and even in the structure of crystals.

There's more information on this website: http://www.world-mys....com/sci_17.htm

But what I want to know, is it possible that these numbers are actually part of our lives as a pre-determiner for events? That it's not so much a deity or fate controlling our lives, but these numbers and the golden ratio seem to be nature's numerical law, could it be possible that our lives fall in line with is law as well? I can't explain it well, but I had a conversation with a friend and I think I kind of explaind it there:

Happy Dagger! says:
    I don't know...maybe it's not a being at all, maybe its just the forces of the universe or a stability of dimensions...a physics kinda thing that we don't quite understand but we are all animals, and animals live to do two things: sustain their species and other species. They have an instinct, y'know? to eat other species of life and to produce offspring. What if that's us?
    Shiny says:
    ...of course we have instincts.
    They rule our complicated and diverse reasoning.
    Happy Dagger! says:
    why do we have those instincts though, is what I want to know? mother nature guides the animals, so why do we think we can jump the system? we function differently, so mother nature finds a way to make sure the balance of life is mainlined by somehow influencing events in our life so our choices produce the optimal results for stability. I think...I don't even know what i'm saying anymore. I need a fucking drink ._.

And what if mother nature is ruled by these numbers?

*Brain Implode* -- Discuss.

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

4 for fooooooork you

#3   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • AKA skidzors, Drizzy Drake, Dipset, etc.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

this is just like the number 23 bullshit. you can find patterns with any number.

#4   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
          • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

You can find connections anywhere if you look hard enough, and it's especially easy with numbers. I think I said something similar when you were making connections between two different people. >.>

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • Group: Moderator
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

No offense, but girls seem to eat this kinda stuff up all the time... like Mallick said, you can find connections anywhere if you want to find them.

#6   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
              • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

Uh, golden ratio and Fibonacci's Numbers are actually real, proven mathematical sequences found in nature. I'm just wondering if humans are capable of jumping the system, or do we live in accordance to it too? After all, they have used the golden ratio to create a face mask of sorts in which people whose faces fit it are considered by society and media as "beautiful".

Ah well. I shouldn't have doubted this generation's unwillingness to believe anything. *shrug*

Edit: @WD & PDM: really? Was that necessary? :/

#7   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                • Group: Admin

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

That's an excellent concept to consider. I've often wondered to how much of a level are numbers simply applied mechanics by humans, or how much of it is actually present in nature. Is it something created, or something discovered? I've always leaned towards the latter... the beauty of numbers in nature cannot be appreciated enough.

The Fibonacci sequence is a classic one. Fractals are another I would look into, the mathematical relationship of figures such as those in snowflakes, is simply beautiful itself.

#8   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Members
                  • AKA skidzors, Drizzy Drake, Dipset, etc.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostRainbow Spaz, on Apr 24 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

Uh, golden ratio and Fibonacci's Numbers are actually real, proven mathematical sequences found in nature. I'm just wondering if humans are capable of jumping the system, or do we live in accordance to it too? After all, they have used the golden ratio to create a face mask of sorts in which people whose faces fit it are considered by society and media as "beautiful".

Ah well. I shouldn't have doubted this generation's unwillingness to believe anything. *shrug*

Edit: @WD & PDM: really? Was that necessary? :/

Yes, but if they looked hard enough they'd find sequences with EVERY number. like my Number 23 example... people could've gone crazy over ANY number, as every number can be found if you reach far enough, which the people in Number 23 most certainly did.;

#9   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

Funny enough, that movie is in my Netflix que 'cause someone told me I should watch it, haha. I'm guessing I'll like it :P

Perhaps this is true, but when these specific numbers correlate to very specific events that deal with the same subject matter and reoccur 11 times before age 20, doesn't that seem the slightest bit...odd? Maybe it means nothing, but its trippy for sure.

#10   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                      • Group: Moderator
                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

PS3 - 3rd playstation, three characters
                      Xbox 360 - 360 has three digits, three red lights
                      Wii - three characters, three games worth playing

Three consoles this generation... this MUST MEAN SOMETHING.

Sorry, sorry... I just think you're looking far too deeply into this.

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic