Mass Effect Movie

#1   Caael 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

http://social.biowar...9/index/2717410

I am very pleased this morning to announce that there will be a Mass Effect movie made by the fine folks at Legenday Pictures! I know there has been a lot of speculation amongst our fans ever since Mass Effect 1 came out as to whether or not there would be a movie, who should star in it, who would direct, would there be a Wrex sized bucket of popcorn, etc and I can now reveal that, yes, there will be a movie (popcorn deal is still unconfirmed.

Legendary Pictures, the studio behind great films such as The Dark Knight, Watchmen, The Hangover and 300 have picked up the rights to make Mass Effect. Legendary Pictures will produce with Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni along with Avi Arad (who has been behind great films like Iron Man, X-Men and Spider-Man). From BioWare Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuck and Casey Hudson will serve as executive producers.

"At BioWare, we’ve always thought of Mass Effect as having the depth, emotion and plot twists perfectly suited for an adaptation to a motion picture,” said Casey Hudson, executive producer of the Mass Effect series. “With Avi Arad and Legendary attached, we believe that the Mass Effect movie will be an extraordinary entertainment event that realizes our vision for the franchise and thrills fans.”

I am super psyched for this and look forward to seeing the Mass Effect movie take shape.

Is it too early to buy tickets? http://social.bioware.com/images/forum/emoticons/smile.png

I want to be happy about it but unfortunately history has taught us to be cautious about game-films. Hopefully it takes more of a leaf out of Bruckheimers book with PoP rather than the disgustingly terrible Resident Evil films.

#2   Legolastom 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

Guys who are making it sound good.

That is all.

Also lol @ whatever the fuck the Krogans will look like.

Edit: If Wrex isn't in it I will nerd rage on forums across the here.

Edit2: Actually haven't even played Mass effect 2 so eh.

But regardless Wrex is still good.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic