Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First impressions

#1   Artea 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

Well, I've played for a bit and I thought I'd post my observations, including some minor spoilers.

The opening narrative is pretty dull.

Garet and Isaac give off a whole 'my two gay dads' vibe. There hasn't been a mention of a spouse or a girlfriend yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Terrell is basically Garet 2.0 and he's Matthew's best friend...big shocker there. Oh, and he does something stupid early on in the game.

Just like in the two first games, there isn't a stat that determines the damage Psynergy does.

Just like in the two first games, impending danger doesn't stop the characters from entering into long conversations about things that could probably be said in a few sentences.

You are forced to go through the Djinn tutorial AGAIN.

Early on in the game (that means after little battle and lots of dialogue) you get to borrow 3 Mars and 3 Venus Djinn from Garet and Isaac.

Lots of things work better/easier, like Djinn swapping. And there's a hotkey for Psynergy.

#2   Folcon 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
      • AKA escout

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

only question on my mind, can you use compleation data from a lost age game pack in the gba slot for any bounses?

#3   Artea 

• New User

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

View PostFolcon, on 30 November 2010 - 02:56 PM, said:

only question on my mind, can you use compleation data from a lost age game pack in the gba slot for any bounses?

As far as I know, you can't.

#4   Folcon 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
          • AKA escout

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

pooh. oh well. now to ignore the dark dawn section of the forum until i get it for cristmas

#5   Zeypher 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

I can't stand Tyrell to be honest. This game seems more talky than the other two, in a bad way. I wish there was a skip button.. Some of the conversations are just plain stupid.

#6   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

All I have to say is.....

EFF YEAH! AIRSHIPS!!!!!

#7   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
              • Pip
                • Interests:games, future, drawing, music, debating, science, drinking water, breathing.......

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Gettin close to the end. Looks like we can expect a sequel. Because You only get to explore Angara and a bit of the eastern sea. Also most of the old cast you don't even meet, but theyre talked about.

The puzzles are way too easy...

Hope this is just a restart of the series with bigger stuff to come xD

Having 8 characters felt too many for me. Especially how you get the other 4 so far from each other into the game. They're never a suiting level for the ones you already have lol.

Oh and I totally don't like that there's several one way parts of the game, as in you can't go to places you've been before several spots...Missed the first mercury djinn and thought, oh well it's not like I won't be able to get back there (since there was a freakin broken bridge you can't pass and there is a path leading somewhere from the other side, wtf).

And there is one contradiction I found, which is not talked about in the game.
                When I heard about Dark Dawn, one my first speculative thoughts was, would we visit the Anemos?
                When the Luna Tower rises and the eclipse occurs, where did that moon come from? It says even in the Encyclopedia under Anemos that their home is what can be seen as the moon on the sky. Unless they revolve around the earth?
                But then this tower wouldn't have been constructed since eclipses couldn't happen without the Anemos rising into the sky. o_o
                Anyways... is Weyard located on a round planet after all? Meteors animation shows it hitting an earth-like planet...

#8   Toasty 

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

I've also noticed that there's too much dialog. Certainly, there was a fair amount of talking and cutscenes in the first two games, but never has the dialog been so annoyingly painful to sit through.

What's worse, whenever the game presents a tutorial, it forces it on you. Even if you say "Yeah, I know how to do that" it turns around and says "Really? Well, let's just be SURE that you do." Not only that, but they take longer than the other two games as well. Pretty annoying.

As far as overworld psyenergy is concerned, while I'm glad Camelot is making use of touch controls, it occasionally gets annoying. It seems more gimmicky than anything, though I understand that you kind of need to yous touch controls for some things, like fireball for example. Moving around with the stylus is painfully imprecise when doing time-trial like events.

Battles are way too easy. The first boss you fight in the first game was either Saturos or Tret (you got to choose, which was nice). The first battle in DD is a mutated plant thing, and of course Isaac and Garet land the finishing blows for you. The second boss is a mechanical wooden boxcar thing with the doom dragon painted on it. That battle was a bit more difficult, but it was still easy. I only had to heal one character once, and the battle just dragged on because my characters didn't have a lot of attack. It's not necessarily a bad thing for a battle to drag on, but it just gets boring when you don't even need to worry about healing. I can only hope future battles will be tougher.

The psyenergy animations are pretty cool, as are the summons. That's definitely a highlight of the game. I'm looking forward to some of the weapon unleashes. I'm also curious about how we'll obtain the advanced summons (mixing elements). Are they readily available once you obtain enough djinni, or must you find tablets again? Because I've got one venus and one mars, and I don't have the option of summoning Zagan. I really hope the game doesn't just hand them to you.

The 3D models are also pretty good (both character and building/landscape models). I especially like how in some spots, the camera will pan down and give you a nice view of the landscape. So far, I don't have any gripes about the camera.

As for the characters however, even though Garet was a doofus in the first two games, he was at least a likeable doofus. Tyrell is just a retarded asshole most of the time. Though I guess that's to be expected as the main characters are all 14, instead of 17 like in the previous two games. Karis is also an emotional wreck on occasion for seemingly no reason (like when you get to Patcher's Place. I never quite understood the reason for why she started bawling, when she acted so brash before. Bipolar much?). Kind of goes against the personality type the game portrays her as in the beginning (i.e. more like Jenna, being brash and straightforward most of the time, which is a good thing imo).

I like the fact that you can present different emotions to situations that arise in the game though.

Don't get me wrong, I've been thoroughly enjoying the game thus far (playing through a ROM to get screenshots for site content), but it's got some flaws. However, I have every reason to believe I'll enjoy this game just as much as the other two.

#9   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                  • Pip
                    • Interests:games, future, drawing, music, debating, science, drinking water, breathing.......

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

The touch controls are alright. After a while I stopped using them though, since you can do all field psynergy with buttons preciser and faster anyways.

The tablets are in caves all over the world again. And there is one new, a 3 venus 2 mercury one. Expected it to be 3 mercury, since Haures is already a 3/2 that focuses on venus...

Collecting the final tablets now that I got the item I need to get to those. They picked the best GS music for the uber tablet guardians :DD
                    And wow, the one guarding Catastrophe was an interesting battle! (I had to try 4 different battle styles to get him down hahaha)
                    At the Daedalus one now I think... LOL the boss reminds me of those russian dolls for a reason XD

Oh and, yay for Dark element Adepts and Psynergy o_o
                    Guess we'll see Light in a sequel O:!

I didn't think there was THAT much talking o_o
                    There was maybe 2 occasions when I thought "we get it, continue..."

#10   Toasty 

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

View PostSaiph Charon, on 01 December 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

Oh and, yay for Dark element Adepts and Psynergy o_o
                      Guess we'll see Light in a sequel O:!

After Isaac said some stuff in tanglewood forest I thought to myself "hmmm....are we gonna see light and dark elements too?" Apparently I totally called it. :P

And my first impressions may change as I progress. I've only gotten to Patcher's Place so far. =/

#11   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

@Toasty - The touch controls aren't gimmicky. It might be because you're playing on an emulator or something, but they're a lot more effective than buttons. Plus, they're optional. You don't have to use them at all.

An example of a gimmick would be if they made you draw a pattern or something in order to summon a Dijinn. It would add nothing to the gameplay experience while bogging it down.

#12   Toasty 

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:08 AM

I imagine that's what it is. I'm hoping to get my hands on a DS sometime soon, though I can't say for sure when that'll be (probably by Christmas). The emulator runs a little slow as desmume isn't very optimized. Though I do find myself using the touch controls for just about everything besides precise movement, as it's easier to just use the mouse for everything than to worry about where my fingers are on the keyboard (i.e. because I'm lazy).

I expect to have a more enjoyable experience once I actually play it on a DS.

#13   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                          • Pip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

And yeah
                            The end is pretty unamazing and lame. And it basically writes it in your face THERE IS GONNA BE A SEQUEL
                            :/

So my impression after having finished it (well i gotta pwn dullahan still( but u have to finish the game before you can), btw crossbone island puzzles were kinda boring)
                            it feels uncomplete.
                            It has the golden sun feeling, nice places, music and all of course. But not enough new stuff, summon, equipment and class wise IMO.
                            And there is no good puzzles. I don't remember one where I couldn't just go
                            "lets move everything that can be moved and crush all the rocks here...oh i can now go to the next map"
                            xD

But hey, TBS had easier puzzles than TLA, but still, I want at least Venus lighthouse difficulty somewhere in a GS game LOL

#14   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Amiti > Rief. srsly

What bothers me about getting extra party members is that they're already loaded with Djinn.

#15   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                              • Pip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

what bothers me is that u get the last 4 one at a time.
                                I'm the kind of person who in TBS and TLA made sure everyone in the team has the same exp, thats why.

#16   Gio 

• Disciple
                                  • Interests:Video games, music, drumming, and just chilling with my friends.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Well I beat the crap of the game, bought it last Sunday and had it beat by Tuesday, but I did play it nonstop.
                                  I do enjoy the fact that they let you play the saved file after you beat it, but sorta curious about the data transfer when the new one comes out, since they did make it blatantly obvious there would be a new one.

#17   Max 

• Administrator
                                    • Group: Admin

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

Another interesting find: game save files are transferable between different localized versions of the game. The game uses the language defined in the DS's firmware to determine which version of the game you see, and all of the languages seem to have been created at the same time (October 8, 2010 to be specific).

This would be quite hard to do on the real games, but is trivial using an emulator or specialized (and mostly illegal) DS homebrew kits. But it should make data transfer to a new game interesting, as they could theoretically import from any localized version to any other localized version.

#18   Laharl 

• Banned
                                      • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                      • Interests:research it
                                      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

dialogue is atrocious, battles aren't frequent enough unless you equip the lure cap and then they're every 2 steps, puzzles are a joke, yet its still highly entertaining, guess its the nostalgia :b

#19   Statistic 

• Squire
                                      • Pip

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

View PostToasty, on 01 December 2010 - 03:35 PM, said:

I've also noticed that there's too much dialog. Certainly, there was a fair amount of talking and cutscenes in the first two games, but never has the dialog been so annoyingly painful to sit through.

What's worse, whenever the game presents a tutorial, it forces it on you. Even if you say "Yeah, I know how to do that" it turns around and says "Really? Well, let's just be SURE that you do." Not only that, but they take longer than the other two games as well. Pretty annoying.

As far as overworld psyenergy is concerned, while I'm glad Camelot is making use of touch controls, it occasionally gets annoying. It seems more gimmicky than anything, though I understand that you kind of need to yous touch controls for some things, like fireball for example. Moving around with the stylus is painfully imprecise when doing time-trial like events.

Battles are way too easy. The first boss you fight in the first game was either Saturos or Tret (you got to choose, which was nice). The first battle in DD is a mutated plant thing, and of course Isaac and Garet land the finishing blows for you. The second boss is a mechanical wooden boxcar thing with the doom dragon painted on it. That battle was a bit more difficult, but it was still easy. I only had to heal one character once, and the battle just dragged on because my characters didn't have a lot of attack. It's not necessarily a bad thing for a battle to drag on, but it just gets boring when you don't even need to worry about healing. I can only hope future battles will be tougher.

The psyenergy animations are pretty cool, as are the summons. That's definitely a highlight of the game. I'm looking forward to some of the weapon unleashes. I'm also curious about how we'll obtain the advanced summons (mixing elements). Are they readily available once you obtain enough djinni, or must you find tablets again? Because I've got one venus and one mars, and I don't have the option of summoning Zagan. I really hope the game doesn't just hand them to you.

The 3D models are also pretty good (both character and building/landscape models). I especially like how in some spots, the camera will pan down and give you a nice view of the landscape. So far, I don't have any gripes about the camera.

As for the characters however, even though Garet was a doofus in the first two games, he was at least a likeable doofus. Tyrell is just a retarded asshole most of the time. Though I guess that's to be expected as the main characters are all 14, instead of 17 like in the previous two games. Karis is also an emotional wreck on occasion for seemingly no reason (like when you get to Patcher's Place. I never quite understood the reason for why she started bawling, when she acted so brash before. Bipolar much?). Kind of goes against the personality type the game portrays her as in the beginning (i.e. more like Jenna, being brash and straightforward most of the time, which is a good thing imo).

I like the fact that you can present different emotions to situations that arise in the game though.

Don't get me wrong, I've been thoroughly enjoying the game thus far (playing through a ROM to get screenshots for site content), but it's got some flaws. However, I have every reason to believe I'll enjoy this game just as much as the other two.

Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell are all 16. -_-

#20   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                          • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

So apparently it's not like the first game where you could re-visit areas. So if you've missed Djinn after a certain plot event (ie the cave being blown up) there is no way you can go back and re-obtain the Djinn.

I now have absolutely 0 motivation to play this game because either I start again and reset 6 hours of gameplay or carry on knowing that I've permanently missed a crucial element of the game. COMPLETELY ruined the game for me.

#21   Laharl 

• Banned
                                            • AKA Dullahan

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

dont you mean reset 6 hours of gameplay that felt like 15?

think i missed 4 djinn and most of the summon tablets thanks to the wonders of roadblocking, i even took the time to 'fully explore' many of the places as i played through the game to no avail >__>

#22   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

View PostLaharl, on 27 December 2010 - 12:01 PM, said:

dont you mean reset 6 hours of gameplay that felt like 15?

think i missed 4 djinn and most of the summon tablets thanks to the wonders of roadblocking, i even took the time to 'fully explore' many of the places as i played through the game to no avail >__>

In the past 2 games, roadblocking was only temporary in all cases so why did Camelot decide to make them permanent this time around? Stupid decision.

And yeah, I've had more cutscenes than I have fights so far. Ridiculous.

#23   OhMyGod 

• New User

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

To me, the cut-scenes weren't that bad. Just that the lack of any difficulty bothered me... The puzzles, I would take one look at, and keep going. The fights were just meh, and all the protagonists were way too vague... Well... Hopefully Camelot will shape up for game four(which I believe everybody agrees will happen.).

Well, I'm not gonna lie. Camelot did trip me up. Once. The first time in Belinsk, I searched that damn city for three hours and then did a Google search... Only to find out I was supposed to leave. But that's not much of a puzzle, rather than just fucking with everybody.

#24   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                  • AKA Me111

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Just bought the game today. First impressions are fairly good. I'm glad the game has retained the general Golden Sun feel and the djinn animations are nice. Battles are fun and I like all the nostalgia in the Psynergy Training Grounds (The whole 'Dim Dragon' thing was pretty funny). It even looks nice, which I was worried about. I thought the game wouldn't come out well on DS, but it's looking decent.
                                                  That said, exposition is painfully slow in this game. The other GS's were slow with dialogue but this one's even worse. I felt like I was doing the stuff around the lookout cabin for ages.
                                                  Basically I'm really enjoying it so far, but I'm aware of it's flaws.

#25   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:48 AM

20 or so hours in now and the game is starting to peter out a bit. Had a nice solid chunk of story around Belisnk and Morgal and now I'm on kind of a "guess where to go next" string. Also wish I had more warning about the point of no return after the Belinsk plot point because I missed out 2 summons and 3 djinn there.

Some roadblocks are made obvious which makes it easier to turn around and collect everything but some put you in a position where you cant go back anyway and then the game tells you "oh by the way we're stuck here now" which is irritating.

Also starting to feel quite rushed, for whatever reason. Himi joined pretty much instantly, with the excuse of "its my destiny" which is poor, considering the usual standard of writing. Very much liking Sveta's character though, both plot wise and combat wise. In combat she's a beast (excuse the pun), doing 3-4 times everyone elses average damage and plot wise she's angsty but justified.

#26   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                      • AKA Me111

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

I've gone through a reasonable chunk of the game today, got to Kobago (or whatever it's called). The amount of information I'm being given is a bit overwhelming. It's like 'here's 6 different races to learn about'.

#27   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                                        • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.
                                                        • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

I've liked it so far. The field psynergy system is among like three good applications of the touchscreen to ever happen and the menus are a lot smoother. There's a lot of lore put out in a very narrow space, but your struggle to get all the info straight makes wandering about town looking at bookshelves and talking to random people actually worth doing. The only things I haven't liked are how if you miss the red word with your stylus because you have uncoordinated caveman thumbs the dialogue advances and you don't get to encyclopedia the word. That and for the life of me I can't figure out what defense factor is. I assume it has something to do with how big the change is in their defense as compared to their current gear, but I really wish I could find that somewhere.
                                                        Also, there is and always has been a stat that indicates Psynergy damage. It's called elemental power and it's displayed rather prominently on each character's main status page.

#28   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Oh my holy crap, it's PS! :OO

By the way, the word should appear in your encyclopedia regardless of whether or not you tap the red words in the dialog. I noticed that if I missed any words, they'd show up in my encyclopedia as new words.

I could be wrong though. Maybe there's instances where that doesn't happen?

#29   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                            • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                            • AKA Dullahan

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

yeah they still show up even if you dont touch them, still i someone how managed to miss 2 though >__>

in other news i find it highly amusing the best place to train in the game can actually can be missed completely if you're unlucky (you can go back but if you dont know its there you have reason to do so). Only 1 type of enemy, they have 100% drop rate and their drop is Water of Life, i had close to 200 water of life when i got to level 99, which took about 4-5 hours

#30   crazyjavi87 

• New User
                                                              • Joined: 09-January 11

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

I managed to only miss one Djinn my first playthrough. That being the first mercury Djinn and I felt like face-palming the second time through when I figured out where it was. And the summon tablet Haurus. Overally I liked the game, and yes there were problems. Iunno about you guys but I had a stupid amount of random battles.

Yes I agree fully the battles are too easy at times, more specifically boss battles. The last boss on the other hand was just 'Oh hey, I just won't die.' Same with the optional bosses like Warlock and Dullahan. As a matter of fact, I never beat Dullahan. I had fun with warlock when I messed up and he took over Sveta while in beast form.

THAT. WAS. FUN. Anyways, I agree that camelot messed up, but it wasn't so bad like other games*cough*dawnofsorrow*uncough*. I still enjoyed it mostly. Except for the fact you don't fight Alex. Again. For the third time.

#31   Toasty 

• Joined: 04-April 06
                                                                • Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

So far, I've started both machines and I'm about to cross over the mountains. It took me literally 5 turns to beat the Ice queen. Boss battles in general are just not hard at all. I start out working up this great strategy an stuff, and then the boss just dies and I'm like "wait.....WAT?" Pretty annoying. I mean, jeez, Tret, the first or second boss you face in GS1 (depends on whether you go to the lighthouse first) was harder than the Ice Queen. Sure, she got one of characters in the yellow, but only for one turn.

Anyway, other than that, though the cutscenes do seem to contain a fair amount of interesting/useful information, I can't help but feel overwhelmed with them. There's literally at least one cutscene between each dungeon (so far), and they're rarely short. Often times there's more than one. I liked it in TLA when I could go through three dungeons and only have to read a few lines of text from a party member every now and then (i.e. maybe once or twice per dungeon, if that).

I realize they need to push the story forward, as I have a feeling that DD isn't anywhere near as massive as TLA was, but still. Less text, and more gameplay. Which brings me to my next point:

The dungeons are pathetic. They're small, and hardly have any challenges at all. The hardest one thus far was the water temple in Ayuthay (sp?), and that really wasn't much to write home about. Granted, I'm only part way through the game, but if this is any indication of what's to come, I don't have my hopes up.

The game also feels much more linear than the first GS (which wasn't bad, but it wasn't on par with TLA either).

However, I'm loving the weapons system, and I'm impressed with the detail that's been put into the artifacts. It'd be great if the character's in-battle outfits changed to match their armor, but I'm glad to see that each weapon has it's own model, at least. Having to master a weapon to bring out it's full potential actually makes it worth it to use regular attacks outside of battles with typical cannon-fodder (i.e. pixies and such). I'm also glad that they finally decided to include an item for restoring PP other than the psy crystal.

Anyway, despite all of this, I am enjoying the game. It may be easy, and I may dread the cutscenes somewhat, but I still like it. I just probably won't replay it as much as I did the first two.

Oh yeah, the lack of backtracking (to an extent), and multiplayer (online or even local) is disappointing. Infact, it's just plain stupid. Who thought of that? (or didn't think of it, in the latter's case).

#32   inthenameofDT 

• Gallant
                                                                • PipPipPip
                                                                  • Joined: 02-July 08
                                                                  • Location:Berkley, Michigan

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

View PostTheEnglishman, on 03 January 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

Basically I'm really enjoying it so far, but I'm aware of it's flaws.

I'd change it (for myself) to enjoyed, rather than enjoying, but this sentence alone sums up the game perfectly.

Toasty said:

The game also feels much more linear than the first GS

YES. I thought the EXACT same thing.

I plan on writing a full review, hopefully tomorrow.

#33   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,629
                                                                    • Joined: 04-June 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.
                                                                    • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'm on my second playthrough trying to get all the djinn and I am smoking this bitch. I prayed to the wise one for a hard mode option, but he had shit to do. I'm not even buying upgraded items from shops or anything. I'm just picking up whatever sharp objects happen to be lying around and ramming them into the chest of anything that gets in my way. With all the Djinn it's a cakewalk. I killed Blados in ONE TURN. Granted I used two fifth and two fourth tier summons in that turn, but still he went down like a bitch. Summon blitzkreig as gotten me through every boss so far without even needing my back row, up until Star Magician. He took Haures, Eclipse x2, Crystallux, and meteor on the chin and was just like "Yeah, here's the part where you die." I still beat him anyway because I HAVE FOUR OTHER DUDES TO THROW AT YOU and one of them will turn into a gigantic purple soulless furry killing machine if you look at her funny. Sveta's magic rabies rearranged his internal organs for a bit and soon I was laughing over his eviscerated corpse and numerous shattered balls.

Seriously, if you use weapon grace on Sveta when she's on the rag in battle her attack goes up by like 400 and she splits the world in half with her cataclysmic rage right before choking your opponent with his own shredded intestines. I mean, don't get me wrong, that's totally awesome. That technique had me putting my DS down so that I could do DBZ charging sequences before painting the wall with some loser boss' brains, complete with Soul Calibre victory poses afterwords. It just breaks the game. Hard. Knowing that you can do that is the combat equivalent of a spoiler. You know how the battle ends. Crazed mutant Sveta briefly looks down at her bloodstained claws as if momentarily realizing the horrifying devastation that she has wrought before her insatiable bloodlust drives her on to find new victims.

I think that will be my next challenge. Go through the game with just Himi and Sveta. If that little bitch can survive long enough to cast 'incite psychotic feral rage' on my trained attack werewolf she could probably conquer the world by herself. I wouldn't have to worry about cutscenes either. NPCs would be all "I gotta talk to this old man for like five hours." And Sveta would be like "Shut up bitch, I'm queen of the werewolves!" and backhand them into next Thursday. That game would probably have a happy ending too. Her brother would be all "Oh snap, I'm dead..." and she'd be like "Shut up, no you're not. Now get the hell up. I haven't eaten anyone in like five minutes and I'm getting antsy."

Okay, I may have exaggerated slightly, but I was still a bit put off.

"I wonder why spirit sense on these mangled corpses always says: 'Shouldn't have asked what happened to her friends...'"

Page 1 of 1
                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic