Fable By Big Blue Box & Lionhead Studios

#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:53 PM

I douby anyone here has this game or has played it since it's for the Xbox... But I thought it was worth a shot to see if anyone did. :D

Has anyone even HEARD of this game in GSSF? :P

So anyhow, I'll do a little intro...

Fable is an RPG exclusive to the MSXbox, it allows tons of freedom and enjoyement, any game that lets you kick the heads of the enemy's that you've decapitated or kick chickens has to be funny! So anyway, you can basically choose your own destiny, every decission you make changes the world you play in, for example if you walk around a town naked, villagers won't take you as seriously, if you slapy innocent traders rather than protect them, the people in the world will slowly fear you, if you are respected by Bandits and get them to follow you into villages and just kill everyone, then you're not gonna be very popular with teh law, are you? But at the same time you can be good, which I havn't bothered to try yet lol but it's basically the opposite, and for those who can't decide between good or evil? You can be anything in-between, you can get yourself tattoo's, haircuts, and if kids look up to you they will copy your haircuts! This isn't even a big part of teh game, there's alot to mess around with! I recommend anyone with an Xbox to at least rent this game and have some nice fun!

#2   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:46 AM

Yes I heard of this game and yes it looks good and yes I like cheese. Anyway I had a look at it and the realization is great imagine a character the changes his physicial feature all because you attack enemies different ways. Like if you go hand to hand combat alot your character become more buff but if you use magic alot he become more slim and stuff which is pretty cool.

#3   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:02 AM

Already a topic on this I think...
        Sorry.
        It got deleted :D

#4   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:09 AM

It's a really cool game, I read a review on it, great graphics and you live through the whole life

#5   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

Yeah I'm currently 76 years old, I have all white hair now and I'm so close to finishing teh game. :(

Nice touch is after the credits roll you can continue your game and just mess around all day. :o

The game is FULL of humour, I am currently as evil as you can get, I have huge horns coming out of my head (Like Darth Maul lol) and I have this evil read smoke that trails my feet wherever I go like I am somehow connected to hell lol
            And if you're really good you have butterfly's flying around you and a Halo over your head lol

You can customise your character pretty nicely, I have like 7 tattoo's over my body, and I have huge hulking armor which is alot like the armor you see on Warhammer 40,000.

I recommend anyone with an Xbox to at least rent this game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I just completed the game! I think there are 4 different endings you can get, just incase any of you are planning on getting this game I don't want to spoil anything. The plot at the end was very predictable to be honest, I gotta say the storyline isn't what makes this game shine, it's the gameplay. :)
            The boss battle was FAR too easy at the end.

When you complete the game the sword you get is awesome! =D

Now I'm going to try and do some extra stuff like get married to the mayor of Bowerstone and have kids, and to enter the fist-fighting tournaments held around Albion and become teh champ! =D

Oh and maybe I'll collect all the legendary weapons...

And of course I shall start a new game and play the game being totally good! ^_^

#6   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
              • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, I got the PC version of this the other day. It doesn't run to well on my laptop, but it's still pretty fun. Im about 75% fully evil, but have tiny horns that look really *** popping out of my head. Im not to far into it (I have about 4 hours racked up) thus I can't say to much about the storyline etc etc. The gamepley however, is excellent.

#7   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:44 PM

1.5 years later, topic revived XD, This game is fun but easy, me and my friend beat it in like 5 days x.x;(without many sidequests)

#8   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                  • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:32 PM

I just bought an Xbox and this game.. I love it! It's very fun and exciting. I love attacking random people.. But I do that on my brothers file. I'm making my character good. I don't even know why. I'm going to make a good and a bad file. Yay! Anyway. This game is totally cool!

#9   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:03 AM

Yes, when I got Fable on release it was actually very fun and it remains fun for quite some time. Just make sure you don't just focus on the main storyline as the game is very short and you won't feel as if you got your moneys worth. I never actually completed the game as a good guy, I can't help it. Everytime I started a new game, I just had to do something evil. At the end of the game I was the ruler of the world and I had horns nearly as big as my penis.

PS. Buying an Xbox just now? Dude, where the f*ck have you been?

#10   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:23 AM

View PostAnubis, on Jul 7 2006, 05:03 AM, said:

Yes, when I got Fable on release it was actually very fun and it remains fun for quite some time. Just make sure you don't just focus on the main storyline as the game is very short and you won't feel as if you got your moneys worth. I never actually completed the game as a good guy, I can't help it. Everytime I started a new game, I just had to do something evil. At the end of the game I was the ruler of the world and I had horns nearly as big as my penis.

PS. Buying an Xbox just now? Dude, where the f*ck have you been?

I'm trying my hardest to be good in this file.. And yes, it is hard to resist not punching someone.. Or bashing in their door. My brother worked up some crazy amount of fines.. Close to 50000, I think.

I'm just getting an Xbox now because my friend was buying a 360 and selling his Xbox. So I had to snap up the oportunity, besides, all the games are cheap now!

#11   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:38 AM

The only thing cheap in this conversation is you. Go buy a godamn 360.

#12   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

I finished FABLE: TLC sometime ago, I owned in goodness and archery. The expansion is quite big, so It's worth the $20,- that my dad paid for it.

#13   Bexie 

• Gallant
                          • PipPipPip
                            • Interests:... Stuff?

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

I've got Fable. Haven't played it since I got it, tho - my dad mainly. I keep meaning too, but I've been busy laughing at The Bard's Tale. xD

#14   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:45 AM

I found Bard's Tale to be quite boring, but then again so did most people judging from the review scores. Fable was 'short but sweet' and it's true, the game didn't have much lifespan and a hardcore player could 100% complete the game in 1-2 days but there was no denying that those 1-2 days would be filled with many fun moments.

I'm sure many of you Fable players are aware, but Lionhead Studios are already busy working on Fable2 for the Xbox360 as we speak. Because Anubis is so Godly, he has decided to provide a link to the Fable2 trailer for those who want to see it, so click here.

#15   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:17 PM

View PostAnubis, on Jul 7 2006, 08:38 AM, said:

The only thing cheap in this conversation is you. Go buy a godamn 360.

I don't need that over-priced crap. I mean.. I'd get it over a PS3, but that's because the PS3 is gonna cost a bagillion dollars! Anyway. I don't wanna pay anything over 400 dollars for a console. And considering I just bought an Xbox for 140* with 3 controllers and Fable, I think I'm doing damn good!

*105 USD. Heck Yes!

#16   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

Somebody needs to stop shopping at Oxfam and start shopping at Gameplay.com.

#17   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

Errr.. I don't shop at Oxfam. Nor do I buy things over the net.. I go out into the big world and buy things. Why would I shop at Oxfam? I bought it off my friend..

And anyway, It would be cheaper for me to buy a 360 from a store... The price on Gameplay converts to 689 dollars over here. Add in postage and handling half way accross the world, and I've got myself a hefty price to pay for something that'll provide me with a couple hours of fun and make me keep wasting 120 dollars on every single freakin' game. And yes, that's another thing, the games on the 360! 120 dollars! I don't want to pay anything over 70 dollars for a game, why? Even if it's a good game, it's still just a game, I'd rather save my money and spend it on something that will actually benefit me. I really don't see the need for buying a big arse fancy console if all I'm going to do with it is sit on my arse and waste money on it. Seriously, that's just stupid.

Page 1 of 1
                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                    • You cannot reply to this topic