• You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun: Age Of Darkness

#1   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:46 PM

Chapter 1

It was nerveracking. I, Isaac, had just woken from the same dream I had been having since the rising of the Golden Sun. In the dream, I am running, always running away from a mysterious figure behind me. As I ran, the corridor became more and more narrow until finally, I was trapped, and it would be then that I would wake up. I felt my hand prickle with the same anxiety I had felt for five long years. I longed to find the source of my anxiety but I knew I could not. Vale had been rebuilt from the ruins caused by the Golden Sun. The villagers have never been the same. Their psynergy have been more focused and more powerful since that day. Mine have as well. My psynergetic abilities have increased more than the others in our town. I have become a "joint adept". I now can harness the psynergy of both fire and earth without the use of djinni. Kraden told me that this is because of my infusion with the Mars Star.
    "If you can harness the power of Mars, you will have unfathomable powers that the others can only dream of." he told me. I plan to hold these powers very soon. Garet has been assigned as my teacher, although I seriously doubt his teaching abilities. I have learned basic fire psynergy, though. I have mastered the Flare psynergy and am now focusing on the Volcano. Jenna and Felix still live in Vale along with Garet and myself. The others have gone in several directions after the end of our last quest.
    Ivan has gone to live with his sister at Fuchin Temple but will come back to Vault occasionally. Sheba has gone to Lalivero to live with Faran. At first, the people of Lalivero blamed us but Sheba sorted it all out and things are back to the way they were with the Laliverans. Mia, of course, went back to Imil, to watch over the Mercury Lighthouse and become Healer once again. We have not heard from Piers. We naturally assume he went to Lemuria, though we can never be sure.
    As I think about all these things, I look around my room. So much has changed since I first left for my journey. My bookshelves, once filled with training guides, now host the entire library of Kraden's studies. For the first time in my life, I can understand them. My walls are decorated with my blades and armor. I seldom wear them because the monsters have ceased to exist in Weyard. Outside my bedroom window, I can see the sun begin to rise. All thoughts of the dream gone from my mind, I get out of bed, ready for a new day under the Golden Sun.

Stay tuned for Chapter 2!

#2   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:11 PM

Oh...! That's a great begining chapter! O.O
      =D Continue it soon! It's good!

#3   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Auck.

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

Hmmm... good! Yes! Yes, but now now, we must eat. To see more, I am hoping. *Laughs like Yoda*

#4   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:55 AM

Chapter 2 will be written later today and on this post.

#5   Valistrix 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
            • AKA Link

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:35 AM

Well that is mature of you not trying to gain posts like that. I love your story so far Sea Of Time, keep it up.

#6   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
              • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:52 AM

Wow! Great job SOT!! Keep it up! I like it!

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:48 PM

Chapter 2

As I have every day since I found my new ability of a joint adept, I started my day with Garet in the field behind his house, training. I felt confident that today would be the day that I finally mastered the Volcano psynergy.
                "Hey Isaac, you've got your head in the clouds. As my authority states, I can do THIS to you! Volcano!" shouted Garet, raising his hand. I saw a red hot flow of lava explode from the ground, grazing my nose on the way up and sending me back a couple of feet.
                "What are you playing at?!? You're supposed to be teaching me, not attacking me!" I yelled at him, feeling thoroughly angry at this cowardly thing to do.
                "Pay attention, then! You try now!" said Garet. Ever since Garet was assigned my teache, he has held it over my head, like a master and his slave.
                "Volcano!" I cried, raising my hand into the air, all my mind focused on the image of the Volcano psynergy. I opened my eyes and saw a spurt of lava shooting from the ground in front of me. "Oh my god, I actually did it!" I cried, I'm usually not so emotional but I had been working on this psynergy for months, "Did you see that Garet?.....Garet?" I whirled around. Garet had his back turned, deep in conversation with a panic-stricken Jenna.
                "Jenna? Jenna, what's wrong?" I asked, walking over to where they were.
                "It's Felix! He's....disappeared!" she answered.
                "What? No way! I just saw him yesterday at Kraden's!" I said.
                "I haven't seen him since last night." replied Jenna.
                "Well, let's search the town first of all." said Garet in a matter-of-fact tone.
                "Good idea. Jenna, you take the plaza, Garet you search west of the creek, I'll search east! Come back to my house when you're finished!" I said.
                "Let's go!" cried Jenna. We all ran in different directions. I looked in every house I could, but came up with nothing. As I walked back to my house, dismayed at the result of my search, I saw Jenna and Garet there too.
                "Did you guys find anything?" asked Jenna hurriedly.
                "No." I replied, fixing my gaze at Garet.
                "I found...something. Ivan is at Kraden's and it seems he wants us over there now. I think it's about Felix." said Garet.
                "Okay, let's go." I said. We ran the short distance from my house to Kraden's. When we got inside, we saw Ivan and Kraden sitting at the table, looking distressed.
                "What's up?" I asked, sitting down.
                "I've got some news for you guys," said Ivan calmly, "I've just heard from Sheba..."
                "What!?! Sheba's miles away from here!" said Garet loudly and obtrusively.
                "Garet! Shut up!" cried Jenna.
                "I heard her in my mind. Ever since five years ago, we've both been given the gift to talk telepathically to other Jupiter Adepts throughout Weyard. Sheba told me quickly that she had located Felix at Anemos Sanctum through a vision she had. She was going to get the other two and come here as quickly as possible." Ivan told us.
                "Even Sheba can't make it to Lemuria to Imil to Vale in anything less than two weeks!" exclaimed Garet, obtrusively once again.
                "Garet! You forget, Sheba has the power to Teleport," replied Ivan, "What would take us two weeks, she can do in twenty minutes." At that precise moment, I felt a huge wind in the room. A second later, we saw Sheba, Mia, and Piers standing at the doorway, fully armoured.
                "Sheba! What's going on! Why is Felix at Anemos?" asked Jenna.
                "It's okay. All will be explained to you. We must hurry now, though. Felix's location is slipping away. He is entering an area that we have never seen before. We must go!" said Sheba calmly, "You three, get your things! We must be ready to go in five minutes time!" Garet, Jenna, and I rushed from the room. As I entered my room, I finally felt as if the source of my anxiety would finally be revealed to me. I pulled the Sol Blade from its sheath and as the Golden Sun shone through it, I felt full ready for another quest.

Stay tuned for Chapter 3, tomorrow!

#8   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                  • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:53 PM

*awe struck*

Awesomeness SOT! You have to continue this!

#9   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:58 PM

For anyone who thinks that this story is lacking battles, you HAVE to read Chapter 3: Anemos Sanctum. Thank you for your support so far, everybody!

#10   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:34 PM

Chapter 3 will be posted later on today. Come on down at about 7:00 est. to read the entire story so far. This is where it starts getting interesting.

#11   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:57 PM

okay, I know you want attention to this fanfic (and has every right too coz it's so good) but try not to double post

#12   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:37 PM

That chapter was so good! =D I like it!
                          n__n cant wait to see the next chapter, and try not to double post.

#13   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:08 PM

Sorry about the double post. Sorry about Chapter 3 being a day late. Here it is though, :mellow:

Chapter 3

As I walked back to Kraden's, many things were going through my mind. Why would Felix go to Anemos Sanctum? And how could he get there in less than eight hours? I opened the door to Kraden's and was surprised to see Jenna and Garet already there.
                            "Come on Isaac, get inside the teleport pad!" Jenna said anxiously. I looked on the ground to see that a teleport pad was glowing on the floor where Kraden's bubbling pot once stood. I immediately looked to see where Kraden was. He was standing in the corner, looking appreciatively at the seven of us. Kraden was getting on in years now. The Master Healer of Vale told us that Kraden's life would be full and long because of his connection with Alchemy.
                            "When the Golden Sun looks down upon us," the Master Healer told us, "it does not discriminate between Adepts who use psynergy or Alchemists who study psynergy. We all have been given the gift of Alchemy's power and thanks to this, Kraden will live longer than any of us would have ever guessed." I smiled at Kraden at this thought, but a question was burning to be asked.
                            "Kraden, aren't you coming with us?" I asked.
                            "You are all fine, young adults now, you do not need me anymore," he answered, smiling, "you'll all be back sooner than you know, but if you do find anything," Kraden handed me a book that looked very old and worn, "write it down. I would be most delighted if you found anything new."
                            "I'm sorry to interrupt, but we really must be going." exclaimed Piers.
                            "Felix may be in danger for all we know." added Ivan.
                            "He's right, let's go! Everyone hold hands!" said Sheba. I grasped hands with Jenna and Garet, "Ready? Teleport!" I felt a rush of wind come at me and fill my body with energy. The wind was extremely strong, it wasn't long before it turned into a gale but suddenly, the wind ceased. I opened my eyes and saw something that astounded me. Contigo, once a prosperous town, was in ruins. The tents where we had once played many games had fallen, large boulders covering them. The sturdy houses of brick lived on only as skeletons, swaying in the wind. Dead bodies were everywhere.
                            "Oh my god, what happened?" cried Jenna.
                            "Only a natural disaster could have caused this." replied Mia. I walked into the ruins of a couple of the buildings and something that surprised me.
                            "Look at these chasms in the earth," I pointed out, "there must have been an earthquake here."
                            "But we would have felt the tremors, right?" commented Garet, "Vale is close enough that we would have felt the tremors of an earthquake of this magnitude."
                            "Well, then it must have been something more focused. Something like...but...no, it can't be." said Piers.
                            "What? What could have caused this?" Ivan asked.
                            "Well, it must have been psynergy!" replied Piers.
                            "That makes sense! When I use the Quake Sphere psynergy, it creates an earthquake of this magnitude but in a more focused region! But...only I and Felix and I can use a psynergy this powerful." I said.
                            Now Sheba spoke for the first time since we had arrived, her voice cracked but became firm, "There is only one way to find out. We must follow Felix into the sanctum. Isaac! We must uncover the teleport pad in town's square! Use your Lift psynergy to move that rock covering it!" I looked to my right and saw that there was traces of a teleport pad on the ground but a large rock was on top of it. I focused my mind on what it was I had to do and,
                            "Lift!" The rock lifted off the ground far enough, so we could all fit on the teleport pad.
                            "Okay guys, let's go." said Sheba. We all got onto the pad, grasped each others hands and listened as Sheba calmly said, "Teleport." Once again, I felt wind curse through me and when I opened my eyes, I looked upon a familiar sight, Anemos Inner Sanctum. Everything was exactly as we had left it last time we were there. I was ready to uncover its secrets once again.

End of Chapter 3

I know, I know, I told you there would be a little more battles, but a little suspense won't kill ya, will it? Chapter 4 will be posted tomorrow!

#14   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

Hi-ho-hi-ho, another chapter is posted. That's doesnt ryhme...
                              anyways...n.n nice story so far!! Continue it!!

#15   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                • Group: Moderator
                                • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

Awesome! Your stories are really great, S.O.T.

#16   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:51 PM

Linear, on Nov 11 2004, 05:12 PM, said:

Hi-ho-hi-ho, another chapter is posted. That's doesnt ryhme...
                                  anyways...n.n nice story so far!! Continue it!!

Stories? I'm pretty sure this is my first one! :P Whatever, here's Chapter 4.

Chapter 4

I looked around the first room. The djinni tiles on the floor were still glowing with the energy we had instilled in them five years earlier. Therefore, the door ahead of me is still open.
                                  "Follow me, guys." I said commandingly. As we walked down the ladder of the first corridor, and into the room where we had obtained the summon Charon, I felt a different aura around me. It was as if there was a cold breeze in a pitch-black room. I looked around to get my bearings straight. It had been a while since I had been here. We made our way slowly through the open doors and the unlocked puzzles we had solved years ago. Finally, we were in the final room. The puzzle depicting a spider was, as usual, disassembled. We easily assembled it and jumped on. Now it was Ivan's turn.
                                  He closed his eyes, standing on the abdomen of the spider and muttered, "Hover." The spider, as if on wings, lifted up and took us to the next area. I remembered this area of the room quite well, this is the area where we had obtained the summon Iris. But, to my surprise, there was a stone tablet where Iris once stood.
                                  "Oh! Another stone tablet! I'll go investigate!" said Ivan cheerfully.
                                  "Be careful Iva...hey, look at that!" exclaimed Garet, "A door, at the back of the room!"
                                  "What? There was no door there before!" I replied, flabbergasted.
                                  "I know," Garet said walking over to the door, "but it's here now and...ouch!" Garet had just tried putting his hand through the door when he had received an electric shock, "Geez! Who put this seal on the door!"
                                  "Someone who didn't want anybody following them." replied Mia.
                                  "Guys! Come look at this!" exclaimed Piers, "there's some text on the wall over here. It's written in Ancient Lemurian."
                                  "Can you read it?" asked Ivan, who had completely given up on the stone tablet.
                                  "Yes, but you are extremely lucky. I am the only one outside of Lemuria who can read this." Piers answered. Piers than spoke again, "The text reads, You who wish to break the seal of lightning must use the most powerful of Earth psynergy."
                                  "Well, that's fairly simple," I said, "stand back, this'll be a breeze. Odyssey!" A huge sword erupted from my hand and pierced the door and with a *shink* as if of glass breaking, the seal was broken. "Okay, let's go." I said.
                                  We walked into the next room and were shocked to see another seal at the back of the room, this one as if of fire.
                                  "Well, if the last seal was made of wind and was destroyed by earth, then this fire seal must be destroyed by water." said Mia.
                                  "Okay, then, I'll take care of it," said Piers, "Diamond Berg." A huge pile of ice surrounded the door and as Piers pierced it with his Excalibur, a *shink* was heard. The seal was broken. We walked into the next room. It was exactly the same as the last room, a completely empty, square room with a seal guarding the door at the back.
                                  "This seal looks as if it is made from Earth," said Ivan, "I'll take care of it. Spark Plasma!" Hundreds of lightning bolts came from above and hit the door with a *shink*. We were through.
                                  "Well, looks like it's finally my turn," said Garet, "Us Fire Adepts have it tough, we're the last to receive everything."
                                  "Yeah, we went to Magma Rock a long time after everyone else had received THEIR psynergy." said Jenna with sarcasm.
                                  "Garet, just break the Water Seal." I said impatiently.
                                  "Alrighty. Liquifier!" This was my favorite psynergy to watch. Many jets of fire, came down from different angles to hit the door and we heard the usual *shink* and were through.
                                  The next room was different, though. It was pitch black, not even our psynergy could light it up as it would in other dark areas.
                                  "Only one thing to do," said Sheba, "Reveal." Immediately the room's contents were revealed by Sheba's psynergy. At the back of the room was a door and...
                                  "Another seal?!? We've used every type of psynergy!" exclaimed Ivan with surprisee.
                                  "There's another transcription on the wall," said Piers, "It reads, 'If you wish to break the final seal you must use the power of all the elements. Then the World of Darkness shall be revealed.'"
                                  "Okay! This one's simple! Everyone use your psynergy at once!"
                                  "Odyssey!"
                                  "Diamond Berg!"
                                  "Spark Plasma!"
                                  "Liquifier!"
                                  I watched as a sword, ice, lightning and fire all flew at the seal, but instead of breaking it, they were just absorbed.
                                  "What's going on?" said Garet, "Why isn't the seal broken?"
                                  "We must have done something wrong. Hey, wait a minute, Ivan, remember that stone tablet in the first room?" I said.
                                  "Yeah? What about it?"
                                  "Can you go read it and come back?"
                                  "Sure can." And he went off. In a couple of minutes, he was back with a huge smile on his face. "This is a really powerful summon! We'll need everybody's djinn, though. I'll summon it."
                                  "Okay, put your djinni on standby, everybody!" Garet ordered.
                                  Ivan said now, "Ready? Good. I summon...SOLU!!!" Immediately, four beams of light shot from Ivan's hand. The beams merged in the centre of the room to form a huge, golden sphere. The sphere kept growing and growing until BAM! It exploded into a beam of golden light. The beam shot right into the door and broke the seal. But, the summon didn't stop there. The beam of golden light rebounded right back at Ivan and hit him directly in the chest, knocking him backwards into the wall. The beam then dissipated and torches around the room lit up, allowing me to see Ivan.
                                  "Ivan? IVAN!!!" I rushed over. Ivan was lying in a heap on the ground. I needed to act fast, "Revive!" The psynergy poured out of my hand into Ivan's body but nothing happened. He just lay there.
                                  "Isaac. He's too far gone." said Mia, touching my shoulder.
                                  Ivan was dead.

#17   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:19 PM

>_< Nooooooooo! Someone died! No!! TT_TT
                                    Anyways...XD nice chapter!!

#18   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

Linear, on Nov 11 2004, 06:19 PM, said:

>_< Nooooooooo! Someone died! No!! TT_TT
                                      Anyways...XD nice chapter!!

Aaaahhh, that's what happens in some stories.

Chapter 5 might take a little longer to post than the others.

Is it just me or are these chapters getting longer and longer and longer...

#19   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:46 AM

I hate to double post but I have an important announcement.

This story will end here. I am now devoting my time to an original story called Moons of Origin. I still might complete this story and if I do, it will be on my website, Golden Sun Sanctuary. Thank you to everyone who has stayed involved in Age of Darkness!

#20   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                          • Group: Moderator
                                          • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:38 PM

Aw, the story ends here? Ah well, it was a great one nonetheless! Good job S.O.T.

#21   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 12 November 2004 - 03:22 PM

Ya it was, nice one Sea_of_time

#22   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple

Posted 12 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

T.T but it was soo good, oh well

#23   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:32 PM

It's ok, if I write a totally original story now, then that'll be something that can carry me. I cannot publish something like this because everything is copyrighted.

#24   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:36 PM

^-^ If a story is copywrited? O_O I would really want to read it...for...simple reasons...

XDDD and awsome new chapter!!!!!

#25   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                    • AKA watch

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:39 PM

how long did take you to write these and your ideas, wicked. only bad thing is that you killed ivan.

#26   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:46 AM

watch, on Nov 17 2004, 12:39 AM, said:

how long did take you  to write these and your ideas, wicked. only bad thing is that you killed ivan.

It took me four days to write four chapters, I'm surprised myself that it turned out this well.

Page 1 of 1
                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic