• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moons Of Origin: Tower Of Hope Book 1 of 3

#1   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

Well, here it is. Not understanding a word of it? You must have missed the prologue!
    Moons of Origin: Prologue

1) A Story Begins

A lone swordsman, Shinte, breaks through the wild. It is a glimmering sunset outside on a beautiful day, and I was late again. The town of Otho, ten miles north of my camp, was having its annual 'Moons of Origin' ceremony. They would spend the night honouring the gods that gave us the Moons that mean so much to us. I was supposed to be a guest of honor, as I was one of the two remaining protectors. The third had disappeared and was presumed dead. I was running as fast as I could. I couldn't remember why I was going to be late, but I distinctly remember staying up much too late last night. I was so tired today, that I totally forgot about the ceremony. The people of this world are energized while they sleep with the Manamure given off by the moon. The people do not eat, so the energy from the moons give them nourishment. I looked up as I ran. The first moon had not yet risen. This was good, I could still make it. Up ahead, I saw the clearing. Otho was just ahead. I slowed to a walk, fixed my clothes and walked into the clearing where hundreds of people were gathered around a huge fire. Immediately, I spotted Atoye. The other protector was a remarkably beautiful yound woman with long, golden hair and a slim body. Tonight, she glared at me as I walked up to her.
    I was breathing quickly as I said, "Did I miss anything?"
    "No," she whispered back, "but where were you! The ceremony starts in five minutes!"
    "I'm...I'm" at this, I yawned loudly, "so tired. I stayed up late last night."
    "Again!" she answered, "That's practically everyday this week! You missed your training session yesterday..."
    "I don't need training sessions, I'm strong enough." I answered.
    "I know...you should go though, for your own sake."
    "I just don't have time."
    "You know I still love you." she said quietly.
    "And I you. The training sessions are unnecessary though. Nothing is going to happen in our generation, just like our father's and their father's."
    It was just then that the first moon rose, the Moon of Hope. As it rose, all the villagers made a line in front of the fire. When each moon rose, the villagers would offer one valuable possession to the god of the moon. Atoye and I would stand on opposite sides of the fire, our Leviathan unsheathed and in front of us. This is how we would stay for the duration of the ceremony. It was intensely boring, but it was good to know that Otho was the only town in the world with real protectors attending their ceremony. Other towns would use their yound men and women to idolize Atoye and I. As the villagers finally finished their sacrifices to Hope, the Moon of Justice rose. This one was my favorite. Hope gave off sort of a baby blue glow, while Justice gave off a blood red. This was because, as the elder told, Justice was only served at the price of war. It made sense, unlike most of the things the elder told us. Finally, the Moon of Truth made its appearance in the night sky. Truth gave off a pure, white colour for obvious reasons.
    As all three moons took their positions in the sky, I felt energy coarse through me, as I did every night. It was as if I was being refuelled, which I was in a sense. I looked over at Atoye. She had closed her eyes and was giving off a bright, white light. She was also replenishing her Manamure. As I looked at her, though, a huge, blinding light came from the sky. In a split second, I turned around, Leviathan at hand just as the sound waves hit. I had never heard a louder noise in my life. It was as if a million windows were being smashed at exactly the same time. I heard the villagers screaming as the crashing stopped. I looked up to the sky and the reality hit me like a ton of bricks. They were gone. The moons that lit up the night sky with their brilliance were gone. I had always been skeptical about what the elder told us. They had been right, the Moons had fallen.

Well, there you go, Chapter 1. Chapter 2 is coming soon!

#2   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

O.O Chii...! You must love the moon. (moon is good scene! =D)
      ^-^ Chii! Lin likes the first chapter! =9 me cant waits to see next chapter!

#3   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

Linear, on Nov 17 2004, 10:37 PM, said:

O.O Chii...! You must love the moon. (moon is good scene! =D)
        ^-^ Chii! Lin likes the first chapter! =9 me cant waits to see next chapter!

It's coming...it's coming...I've got to get more people to read this!!! Chapter 2 is coming tomorrow, hopefully. I have it written but I want more ppl to get involved.

#4   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Auck.

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:47 PM

This is great! But... why is it in red? Is it written in blood, or something?

#5   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:31 AM

;) try to keep everything into one topic, don't make multiple topics for a story kay :P

Great chapter! You are a born writer!

#6   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:23 PM

Kikuichimonji, on Nov 19 2004, 11:31 AM, said:

;) try to keep everything into one topic, don't make multiple topics for a story kay :P

Great chapter! You are a born writer!

I'm trying to make it a sort of serial thing, where you get one more chapter every day. This isn't to gain posts, not in the least.
              You know on the radio where they give you one chapter of a book a day. It adds anticipation and suspense, therefore, increasing the ability for people to keep on reading.

#7   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

^-^ But really, you must have been born a writer!

#8   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Members
                  • Interests:Auck.

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:53 PM

Just try not to make multiple topics for your fanfics, kay?

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic