Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winds Of Fate: The X Factor A Teen Titans fic in the Destinia Saga

#1   Destiny Smasher 

• New User
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Paper Mario is the bomb, baby!<br />While waiting for a DS, I'll have to settle on watching Teen Titans, Megas XLR, and writing my insane crossover fanfiction.

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:31 PM

Well, if there's any Teen Titans freaks out here like me, here's a treat for ya.

A very interesting concept is thrown into this mix, but at the same time I tie the storyline into the rest of the Destinia Saga.

After reading the Prologue, you may develop an idea as to what 'interesting concept' I'm talking about.

---*<Begin Transmission>*---

The Destinia Saga...

Winds of Fate: The X Factor

Prologue- Wind's Whispers

The city was deep and relaxed, in its prime time. The glowing rays of the sun had just fled from the navy skies, and small traces of them remained, stretching out their fingers to the residents of the city.

The day had been a calm and peaceful one, and for the Titans, that was good and plenty. Not a speck of villainy was to be spotted all day, despite their patrols. And so, they rested on a triangular rooftoop, starving to eat their long-awaited dinner.

The air was rather warm and inviting, the summer zephyrs pleasant to the touch. A nice, long breeze flew by, and a slightly tan-skinned girl with deep red hair smiled as she felt it pass over her. She had eyes that glowed with emotion, and had a dainty-looking form. She sat patiently, her arms folded in her lap neatly. She was being relatively quiet, abosorbing in the atmosphere.

However, she was quickly broken out of her evening dream as bitter voices began to puncture her thoughts.

"NO! Listen, man, I WILL NOT eat meat!!" came a kind of high and defensive tone.

"Come ON, B, just this once?!" a deep, smooth voice spoke back.

The owner of the first voice was standing up, his hands on the table, his face beginning to fume a bit. He was a little unique in comparison to other people, for he was green. His eyes were very expressive and wild. He was Beastboy, a marvel with the power to transform into creatures at will. Very flexible in combat situations.

"No is NO, Cyborg! You KNOW there's no point, so give it up, man!" he grumbled to the broad person who sat to his left on the circular, red table.

In physical appearence, he was a machine, but at heart, he was human. Composed of metal, plastic, wires, ciruitry, skin, and flesh, he was an odd sight. But a formidible foe, for sure. He had a spirit as tough as the steel that plated his head. And his eyes...One was a glowing red light, the other a sharp human one. Any flesh that was shown on him was of a brown color. He was Cyborg.

"Oh, PLEASE! Every damn time we order pizza, I never get my meat! I need my protein! Why do you keep denying me the "All Meat Experience"?! Come on, I'll pay for my own, just lemme me eat some red stuff, for Superman's sake!"

He was getting a little worked up, and it showed as one of his super-strength arms pounded into the table, shaking it a little more than was neccessary. His face got nervous immediately, and he scanned around in shock, hoping he hadn't drawn too much attention.

A calm and relaxed tone came from Cyborb's left, and it's owner had an exhausted look about him.

"Guys...Can't we just order? It's really not that hard a task..." He let out a deep sigh and slumped over in his seat, resting his head in his arms, which were folded across the plastic table.

The red-haired girl cleared her throat and proposed timidly, "I am eager to experiment upon our pizza with some mint frosting..."

Beastboy and Cyborg, who had just began to bicker a bit more stared at her dully, and BB muttered, as if this was routine, "Star...Mint frosting ISN'T a topping on pizza...Remember...?"

Starfire, an alien being with super natural powers, let out a disappointed sigh and murmured politely, "I understand your view, Beastboy, but I do not understand...Is there a law somewhere that states that mint frosting is not permitted to be placed on pizza...?"

Beastboy gave her the most puzzled look any of them had shown all day, and he couldn't come up with an answer.

"Uh..." He blinked a few times in confusion, and the leader of their little band came in to settle the matter. His eyes were cloaked by a black mask of sorts, which only covered them, so they appeared as white spaces on his face. He had messy, black hair, and a tight outfit of red and green, with a yellow belt and cape to finish it off. He was Robin, the leader of the Titans.

"OK, listen...Starfire...MOST people don't eat...minty...stuff...on their pizza...Then again, most people don't drink MUSTARD..." he paused a moment to reflect. "But ya know what, Star? You're not normal. Psh," he chuckled warmly, "NONE of us are normal, let's face it!"

A few laughes came out from the bunch, except one. She had remained still and silent for the past while, not even moving. She sat in her seat, her eyes closed, her hands stretched out in a meditative pose. She had dark and depressing eyes and shining, silver hair which ran down to her shoulders. Those eyes were almost expressionless at the time, which was what she was trying to acheive. She was Raven, by far the most mysterious of the group.

Out of nowhere, it seemed, she suddenly burst out a comment. It was monotone and dim, but a comment, nonetheless. Her voice also had a slight bit of raspyness to it. Just barely.

"...Why don't we just order and get out of here...?"

Starfire let out a sigh and answered, "I apologize for the inconvenience, friends. I was merely making a suggestion."

"No, no, no, wait," Robin spat out, waving his arms around. "Ya know what, guys? How long has it been since STARFIRE got to choose the pizza?"

There was utter silence as the others stared in dismay, almost knowing what was about to happen.

"We're supposed to be a team, and teams are fair, right?"

Robin cleared his throat, uncomfortable from the lack of communication. Starfire, meanwhile, was staring at him expectantly.

"Right...So, I say we let Star pick tonight." He coughed out a bit as he finished by saying, "Mint frosting it is..."

There were no objections, at least not any verbal ones, and the long-haired girl was delighted.

"Oh, Robin, I thank you dearly! Thank you, friends, for joining me in my curiosity!"

"No prob," Cyborg murmured dully.

"You bet," Beastboy muttered, his eyes wandering.

"Mm hm," Raven hummed, as plain as ever.

Robin sucked in a deep breath, laid back in his seat and mumbled, "See? Now, was that so hard...?"

*<------>*

A set of shining, solid teeth sliced apart the odd food viciously, and the tongue that rested within the mouth seemed pleased. His partially mechanic arm reached out for another piece of this strange delight, his mouth watering for more.

"Man!" he cried, shaking his head in astonishment. "This is pretty GOOD!"

"Really," Beastboy agreed, his voice muffled from the sea-green plastered pizza in his jaws.

Raven's narrow eyes were glaring at the unique food in dismay, and she seemed to be pondering whether or not to try any. If she didn't QUICK, it was all going to be gone.

"Not hungry, Raven?" Robin muttered, noticing her statue state.

She didn't reply, nor did she acknowledge his existence- but Robin was used to that, and let her continue.

Starfire's gleeful eyes sparkled with happiness as she let her jaws dive into her third slice of 'Pizza a la Mint'.

"Whoa, Star," Beastboy chuckled, having just completed his first piece. "Don't wanna choke on that..."

Starfire began to attempt to speak, but realized that her mouth was full- a rude gesture, if her memories on American Culture were correct. It was hard, trying to remember all of their odd customs. But Starfire had an excellent memory, and was motivated just by the chance to learn something new.

After having gulped the food hastily, she let out a few coughs, her hands slapping her face to stop any material from flying around.

Beastboy almost jumped out of his seat, but before anyone got worried, Starfire cleared her throat and murmured, "Sorry," her face beet red.

With a nervous laugh, BB sat back down, sighing of relief.

"See?" he muttered, shaking his head. "I'll admit, though, Star, this is wicked stuff..."

The green monster rubbed his gloved hands together and grabbed his second slice eagerly, while Cyborg was working on his third, not bothering to pay any heed to those around him.

Raven finally decided to wait until they got home to eat, and began to meditate once again.

Starfire stared at the creation before her in thought, then her eyes lit up. She raised up her hand and waved it a bit, trying to catch some attention from the people wandering around the tables in uniform.

"May I request the presence of a 'waiter'?" she asked loudly, excited.

One responded, and came rushing over to their round, red eating surface.

He was kind of short for his age, and a medium build. About seventeen, from the looks of it. His legs were strong and firm, and his arms were almost equally so. His smile was inviting, and he adorned a white sweatshirt and slightly baggy blue jeans. White rubber gloves were on his hands, meant to prevent any of his skin from getting on food. A black baseball cap with the words, 'Pie in the Sky' printed in crimson red on its surface rested on his mess of light brown hair. The same logo was also on his white shirt. He almost had sideburns, and slight traces of black hairs were visible under his nose. His nose, in fact, was kind of round and slightly large. He spoke out to them in a casual tone.

"What can I do for ya, Miss?"

Starfire blushed at him, feeling slightly odd inside at first, but she dismissed the feeling as best she could and made her request.

"Dear serviceman, may you deliver a bottle of...-" She had to think a minute to remember the word for it. "-mustard...please?"

The teen worker paused, quickly surveyed the food upon the table in perplexment, but shrugged and nodded.

"Uh...Sure, Miss...Comin' right up. Just gimme a sec, okey dokey?"

Starfire nodded, smiling at the waiter warmly. "Many thanks, Sir..." she murmured, trying to pry her eyes away from his own. There was something about them...They glimmered with mystery and spirit, almost like the stars themselves. When Starfire stared into them, she felt a surge of emotion flood into her. It was strange to her, indeed. The other Titans didn't seem to notice all too much- they were too busy scarfing down mint pizza.

Starfire watched the young man walk off toward the counter near the roof's edge, and she noticed that in his big back pocket there was nestled another hat. A bright red one.

She then realized in dismay that the pizza was almost gone, and reached out to snatch a last to herself, placing it on her plate gingerly.

"Who's that guy?" Robin muttered, staring at the waiter curiously. "Haven't seen him around..."

Starfire paused, unsure herself.

"Must be new here," Beastboy suggested with a shrug, a piece of baked dough covered in green cream in his grip.

"Yea," Robin mumbled with a shrug. They came to this place frequently, and new faces didn't appear all too often.

Starfire waited patiently, not even looking at her pizza. Her eyes were up in the air as she pondered who this person was. For some reason, he struck her as a very unqiue person. Different from everyone else there. It was quite puzzling to her...

Her thoughts were popped like a bubble when a yellow tube with a sharp, pointed top was placed before her, and that odd boy gave her a grin.

"There ya go!" he declared. "Have a nice night, guys..."

"Will do," BB cried as the figure began to walk away, leaving Starfire feeling a bit shaken by his sudden presence.

Beastboy's eyes glanced over at Starfire, who, no pun intended, looked starstruck. He let out a chuckled and poked out playfully at his red-headed friend.

"My, he was nice." Starfire's shimmering eyes met his for a moment. They were narrow and sly, as he raised his brows up and down in a joking manner.

"Um..." She did not quite know how to take this gesture, and decided to pass it off.

Raven was too busy muttering to herself in deep thought, Cyborg was too busy engulfing mint pizza with his jaws, and Robin was too deeply lost in the atmosphere of the evening- so none of them noticed Starfire gleefully squeezing mustard onto her already...unique pizza.

Beastboy stared at her like she was insane, realized she was STARFIRE, and proceeded to eat his own pizza without a second thought.

Starfire scrambled to get a sufficient amount of the yellow stuff on her food, and she lifted it to her lips and opened the 'hatch doors.' However, just before it arrived on her tongue, a sound shattered their dinner.

It was a scream. A female one, coming from about a hundred yards in front of her, and about ten stories down. The pizza slipped out of her hands and plopped on her plate in surprise. Why now, of all times?

Robin jumped like a bolt of lightning and cried out, "Titans...Moof!!" There was still some pizza leftover in his mouth.

One by one, they all snapped into action, bounding away to fight the crime that dared to intrude on their evening. Starfire lagged behind by a second or two as she swallowed her piece in two bites and soared off like a bird.

The teen who had served them a minute ago spun around in alarm, sensing that someone was in danger. His eyes shimmered with seriousness, and he reached up his arm to remove the brand-name cap from his head.

It slapped against the cement floor gentley, and the boy tore the white gloves from his hands, letting them land softly next to the hat. He ripped off his white sweatshirt to reveal a crimsom red tee shirt. Now that the white shirt was gone, you could see that his blue denim jeans were in reality overalls, and two straps loosely hung over his shoulders, golden, shining buttons holding them in place.

He began to pound his black-sneakered feet against the stone beneath him, and he reached out into his huge back pocket to pull out that bright red hat. He shook it a bit, trying to unfold it, and he placed it on his head roughly, fastening it a little as he reached the building's edge.

His cap was completely red, except for a spot on his forehead- a white semi-circle rested there, and printed in this space was a big, almost glowing red 'M'.

"Time to get down to business," he muttered to himself as he tossed his body off the building nimbly, soaring down to the chaotic streets below.

---<*>---

End Transmission

---<*>---

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic