Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winds Of Fate: Chaos Angels Sonic/Tikal/Amy 2000 years ago...

#1   Destiny Smasher 

• New User
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Paper Mario is the bomb, baby!<br />While waiting for a DS, I'll have to settle on watching Teen Titans, Megas XLR, and writing my insane crossover fanfiction.

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:48 PM

Winds of Fate: Chaos Angels

Prologue- Two Millennia

Love is forever. My mother taught that to me when I was very little. I remember that she said it to me on her deathbed. I cannot say with full certainty if this is true or not. I have not been alive forever. But after two thousand years, I have seen love last. I have seen it survive. I have witnessed love conquer time, strife, war...even death.

I feel as if I am living life all over again. With each passing day, a memory from ages past comes back, and I reflect on it. I've come to realize that a chain of memories is what holds our lives together. When that chain is broken, our lives are broken.

I have seen lives broken by time, as well as memories. You may think that if you lose your memories, you lose love. But this is not true. I have been witness to love's unbreakable chain. As time passes, I know that change is inevitable. The world we know becomes something completely different. We are powerless against time. But some things don't change.

My life began about two thousand years ago on a place called Angel Island. This beautiful place was graced with lush forests, sparkling rivers, and majestic mountains. Its name was very appropiate, for it was a mass of land that levitated high in the skies above my home planet- Mobius. The people that lived at the heart of Angel Island during the time were known to the world as the 'Angel Tribe.' This title, I learned as I grew older, was self-appointed. The world did not view us as angels by any means. You see, Angel Island once rested on the ocean bed, like any other landmass. My people resided on this land, their feet planted on the planet's surface. But one day, an ancestor of mine discovered a mystical jewel up on the peak of a mountain in our territory. He or she (the details have been lost by time's mighty power) disturbed this jewel. The giant green gem had been surrounded by a ring of smaller ones of varying color.

This is where the truth is muddled. You see, the stories of my people say that the jewels reacted to the pure, heavenly soul of my ancestor. It is said that the stones found him (or her) to be so just and angelic that, in tribute of the glory of the ruler and the kingdom, they burst to life and lifted the section of land into the skies. 'Up to the heavens, where such a kingdom and its people belong.' That is what they say. But I don't believe them.

Hm? The Chaos Emeralds? Yes, that's right. Those are the very jewels I speak of. They were arranged in a circle around the Master Emerald. The Master Emerald keeps the Chaos Emeralds in a neutral state until they are disturbed. I have my suspicions that this 'just and angelic' ancestor of mine tried to take the Chaos Emeralds, or in some way disturbed them. The reaction to follow was a result. And for centuries and centuries, Angel Island has floated above the waters of Mobius. The Master Emerald is what keeps it floating. If the Chaos Emeralds are separated from the Master Emerald for very long periods of time or the energy of the Master Emerald is depleted, the Island will fall. It has done so a few times in recent history.

...Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go on a tangent like that. I suppose that's not what you wanted to know. Um...Where was I? Oh, yes.

All those years ago, I lived on Angel Island as part of the Angel Tribe. My father was the ruler of the 'Angels,' as they later called themselves. Pahamac was his name. He...had been a grand ruler...for a time. But that was when my mother was alive. After my mother passed away...things changed, as things tend to do. They don't always change for the better.

And so, yes, I was a princess...Being a princess is not the pristine, elegant life you may think. Well...Well, yes, it certainly is easy...But it has its hardships, too. Servants? Yes, there were servants. As I said, it is easy. But at the same time, it's very difficult. My father refused to show any respect for them, and I would have to watch him ridicule them even when they were doing their best. He was so horrid...

I hate my father...He's gone, now, but-...I hated him? No. I still do. Love lasts forever...and so does hate...I loved him at a time...But after what he did-...

Hm? I-I'm sorry...I don't mean to break down like this. I know what I said before...Love is forever. Love is a chain that lasts forever. Did I say love was invincible? I don't believe I did. Love can be destroyed. Time is not powerful enough to do so. Love is very strong, but it is not unbreakable. Time is not what destroys Love...No. What destroys it is Hate. Hate and Love are the only things strong enough to destroy each other. My father hated...My father-...Forgive me. I must seem foolish sitting here...crying l-like child...

I'm better now. Thank you.

You're right, we have a long voyage ahead of us. I will tell you the story, as best I can. There are many things I don't remember, but I will try to be accurate...

Hm...The servants...I had a personal servant. Her name was Crystel. Crystel Maize. Have you met her? Yes, she's the white rabbit over there. Mm hm. Adorable, isn't she? She lived with me those years ago, as well. We're very close. She's known me her whole life. How old is she? Well...I guess we're both over two thousand years old, but...She's been aging for 12. Actually, she's closer to 13, but I don't really know when her birthday is...Your calender is different than the one we used years ago...Myself, I'm 17...It's been about a year since I awakened in your time, so I was 16 back then.

Um...Yes, Crystel. The entire Maize family served ours. Her mother and father were the property of my father...Property...? No, no...Oh, forgive me. The way my father acted...He just called them his property, and...According to him, I 'owned' Crystel...But the thought of 'owning' another person...makes me sick...

Crystel was an only child, but a very independent one. She wasn't born into slavery, but by the time she was old enough to begin to comprehend the world around her, she was working for my family.

I had other friends, of course...I couldn't see them as often as I wanted to, though...

You see, our tribe was comprised of Mobian Echidnas...Others lived there, but they weren't considered to be a part of our people. They were mostly merchants, scholars, or those who served my father.

In time, their numbers grew, because many were captured during war to be slaves...My father was so cruel...He turned our people into blood hungry monsters...

The entire army was comprised of Angels, except for one- the general. It's ironic that my people, who thought so highly of themselves, allowed a Mobian Hedgehog to lead their army...But Cyclos was an amazing fighter gifted with leadership skills. There was another Hedgehog who fought for our people, but...You see, she wasn't recognized by the people, nor was she officially accepted into their ranks. Her powers equaled those of Cyclos, and since the two were good friends, he allowed her to fight on her own accord, though she wasn't really allowed. At first, the men in the army protested, but once they saw her abilities, they quickly hushed themselves. They were ordered to never let my father know of Zepha's participation in combat. They certainly were quiet, as they knew how immense her aid would be.

I would see them when I could. Sometimes I would sneak out when I wasn't supposed to, or allow them in when I was told not to. Crystel or her parents would always help to assure that my plans worked out, and I was very grateful.

In time, Cyclos and I began to develop a relationship that...went beyond friendship...After a while, we finally began to make plans to marry...The problem was my father, of course. He refused to let Cyclos take my hand in marriage. He said that only when Cyclos had proven himself and his love for me would he allow such a thing. You may think that it was noble of him to be certain that I would marry a man who truly loved me, but...this is not the case. My father was a wretched man. He didn't care for me, he cared for himself. In restricting Cyclos, he had wrapped the general of his army around his finger to do as he pleased. He used Cyclos like a puppet. I hate him for that, as well, for he was the reason-...

I'm getting ahead of myself.

I suppose I should start my story when the peace of our lives began to dwindle severely. My father was trying to control the whole of Angel Island. He said that all others should bow to the Angels, and that the surface of the land be wiped clean of the filthy...He knew what filth was quite well, I would say...He was the dirtiest man I have ever met...So he enforced his imperialist ideals upon the people of Angel Island. There was another tribe who called themselves the Cetra. They were as large and as powerful as the Angels, but they had gathered their land through treaties and cooperation rather than war. And so, at this time, they controlled half of Angel Island, while my tribe controlled the other half.

My father would not allow this. No, he wanted the ENTIRE continent. He wanted the whole of the Cetra to serve the Angels or perish. Despicable...

He set his plans into motion, and the war, which lasted only a month, began.

War destroys Love. War is the father of Hate. War is what broke my life, as well as those of many. War is exactly what we are stuck in now.

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. I pray that we learn from the past. I pray that history does not repeat itself.

#2   Linear 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:39 PM

O.O That was a pretty long chapter, like med chapter size. =9 I likeit a bunch. I'm wondering how you all get your cool ideas. (XDDD i'm kidding, but it isn't easy to make stories just like that!)

#3   Destiny Smasher 

• New User
        • Interests:Paper Mario is the bomb, baby!<br />While waiting for a DS, I'll have to settle on watching Teen Titans, Megas XLR, and writing my insane crossover fanfiction.

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

"That was a pretty long chapter"

:agitated: :agitated: :P :agitated: :D :P

*snort* *chuckle* *cough*

No it wasn't. Not by a longshot. That was SHORT, believe me.

My most recent Chapter for my Teen Titans fic clocked in on Microsoft Word at 61 pages...Of course, if I used REAL formatting and didn't space so much, it'd be more like 30, I guess...

"(XDDD i'm kidding, but it isn't easy to make stories just like that!)"

:P Um...Right... :) Of course it's...not... <_<

Well, actually, it just comes naturally. I don't have to work hard to come up with ideas. The work is WRITING them in a coherrent manner that is decent, as well as keeping all the strings of five fics together and making sure they're all truly intertwined.

#4   Foxie 

• Squire
        • Pip
          • Interests:Stuff. n_n

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:58 PM

That was amazing! ^__^ I can't wait to read more. I liked how you wrote it in first person, like the girl was talking. ^^ ;) You're an awesome writer.

#5   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2004 - 11:01 PM

If that was actually a short chapter you just posted, I'm curoius how long a LONG chapter of yours is going to be.

#6   Lind 

• Knight
            • PipPip
              • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, playing games, sleeping...

Posted 11 December 2004 - 11:47 PM

Wow... Beautiful...

I'm like you. Ideas come easy, but it's so difficult to get them down.

#7   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2004 - 11:50 PM

Idea's come easy when your thinking it, but the challenge is putting them into words, or into a story.

#8   Destiny Smasher 

• New User

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:18 PM

Um...So, now that we've established that little notion three times... -_- ^_^'

Yea...A long Chapter would be Chapter 13 of my Teen Titans fic- 61 pages in Microsoft Word. I mean, sure, it'd be mor elike 30 pages if I used regular formatting, but that's still sick...

If you really think my writing is that beautiful...

Why not read more of it? :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/337633/

#9   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:Auck.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:58 PM

Wow, that is very good! Long though... I started my final fanfic! The new star wars one is going to be my last fanfic in this place, so read it while you can! It's quite long.

#10   Destiny Smasher 

• New User
                      • Location:In Rogueport, drinkin' Chuckola Cola with Bowser

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:36 PM

Isaac13, on Dec 13 2004, 09:58 PM, said:

Wow, that is very good! Long though... I started my final fanfic! The new star wars one is going to be my last fanfic in this place, so read it while you can! It's quite long.

:unsure: No, it's not. Sorry. :wacko: Well, OK, it's probably long, but not REALLY long...I mean, I know what really long is. My fiction is really long. A single chapter in one of my fics can sometimes take about 60 pages in Microsoft Word, which is more like 30 or so if you were to take out all of my spacing.

I once spent 6 months writing a Chapter that turned out to be 80 pages long...or something like that...It was sick, and that was the crappier version I wrote a year or two ago. My re-done version will probably span about ten Chapters, though each one shorter than that.

Anyway...Um...I haven't been posting my fiction here much because this site isn't very busy.

I only recently started this particular one, but I have a decent chunk of the first Chapter done.

#11   Somia 

• Disciple
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing &amp; a Smile.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

Impresive...You have some interesting ideas^^, oh and stay here, we like your fan fics^^

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic