Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xbox pwns. j00.

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

I just got an Xbox a few days ago (Christmas), and was surprised how good they are. I would never have thought myself an Xbox or a Microsoft fan, as I was always loyal to Nintendo, but I guess things change. Not only does it play awesome games, but you can rip music onto it, play online, and even play DVD movies on it. Very cool. So, anyone else here share my newfound love for Xbox?

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:24 AM

I, like you were, am a loyalist to Nintendo ever since I watched my friends play on the SNES when I was about six.

Well, when I first got word of Xbox, how it was made by Microsoft and all (and the first well-known home console from America) I was excited. Then I saw how alot of the games were just shooters and sports games, so I started to get this die-hard hate of Xbox. Recently I've changed my mind, but I hope that Xbox can get a more wide variety of genres.

Not that it REALLY matters, because my dad is pretty much set on not allowing any TV consoles. But hey, he mostly uses the computer rather than the TV. :)

#3   Elliott 

• Cool
        • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
        • AKA Agatio

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:28 AM

I agree with you about how it only focusses on its shooters and sports games. But there are other games. Dungeons and Dragons is the only game I have so far, and it rocks, and Prince of Persia is apparently really good also. You just have to look around to see the variety, but I agree, they mainly advertise racing, sports, and shooters.

#4   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Admin

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:07 AM

Here is how every system breaks down:

PS2: RPG games, limited shooters/sports
          XBOX: Leader in sports and shooters, online
          GC: Fun, multiplayer games

I love Xbox because I love sports and shooters and the online kicks ass. I have about 3GB of music stored on my Xbox HD which is a plus. I also have the DVD adapter which is decent.

The controller on an Xbox is surprisingly comfortable (considering the size) and fits the games pretty well.
          And XBL is fun with the friendslist, and statistics.

Good score on the XB Agatio

#5   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
            • AKA watch

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:06 PM

nick1presta, on Dec 28 2004, 09:07 PM, said:

Here is how every system breaks down:

PS2: RPG games, limited shooters/sports
            XBOX: Leader in sports and shooters, online
            GC: Fun, multiplayer games

I love Xbox because I love sports and shooters and the online kicks ass. I have about 3GB of music stored on my Xbox HD which is a plus. I also have the DVD adapter which is decent.

The controller on an Xbox is surprisingly comfortable (considering the size) and fits the games pretty well.
            And XBL is fun with the friendslist, and statistics.

Good score on the XB Agatio

*snigger* right ps2 has Quote:limited shooters/sports: End quote. what the hell? are you whacked. my ass ps2 has litimed anything apart from racing but the only racing game you need is need for speed underground/2. Ps2 has so many gun games. maybe not as many sport but we do have. madden,fifa,tennis,ruby,hockey,golf,nba street,nba live. and ps2 can also play movies and music. the ps2 controller also rocks compared to xbox

these are my positive comments about xbox
            Halo, crap, halo 2, impressive i would rather unreal tournament 2004 over halo but halo2 was good. and only the big xbox control is crap, the small one is good. and xbox doesn't need memory cards. and you can install (illegally) a hardrive on xbox to install games on it.

i'm a ps2 all the way. unless xbox comes out with something fantastic

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:15 PM

That was quite harsh, watch. But anyway…

Like Wind Dude, I have always been a Nintendo loyalist. Who can deny the appeal of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.? Ever since the glorious SNES days… ahh, bliss…

I would be content if those were the only games I had (and they are, for the most part :blink:) This is why an Xbox never truly appealed to me, (until recently). Sports and Shooting genres I’ve never really picked up. And despite the fact that I don’t feel it necessary, I suppose the hard drive and DVD playback are always nice to have :unsure:

Anyway, glad you’re enjoying your new system, Agatio.

#7   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

right ps2 has Quote:limited shooters/sports: End quote. what the hell? are you whacked. my ass ps2 has litimed anything apart from racing but the only racing game you need is need for speed underground/2. Ps2 has so many gun games. maybe not as many sport but we do have. madden,fifa,tennis,ruby,hockey,golf,nba street,nba live. and ps2 can also play movies and music. the ps2 controller also rocks compared to xbox

Hah. I didn't say you had NO shooters/sports.
                Xbox just does it both better. There is little fun in playing a single-player sports game after you beat the initional missions. And with PS2's lack of good online support, shooters suck on the PS2 compared to XBox.

And sports is the same. Online sports with vioce and stats > PS2's online sports.

Controllers depends on the person so I won't argue that, but without RPG games, XBOX ousts the PS2 in everything.

And yes, Nintendo's franchise characters (Mario, Samus Aran, and Zelda/Link) have me going back to Nintendo since NES.

#8   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA watch

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:29 PM

ok i admit i was harsh and rash, but i can't really explain it i just hate the xbox. i don't know why. but truth be told i don't play online ps2 games, i don't see the point. i just like to play gun games by myself.
                  i'm also gonna stop posting here since i am contributing nothing to this topic

#9   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:33 PM

Your opinion is a contribution as long as you back it up with answers/proofs.

You can hate the Xbox as much as you want. No skin off my back.

And Agatio, for Xbox, I suggest you get PoP: SoT or WW. Both are amazing games and are too much fun to play to pass up.

#10   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:48 AM

watch, on Dec 31 2004, 02:29 AM, said:

ok i admit i was harsh and rash, but i can't really explain it i just hate the xbox. i don't know why. but truth be told i don't play online ps2 games, i don't see the point. i just like to play gun games by myself.
                      i'm also gonna stop posting here since i am contributing nothing to this topic

Don't wooorry my friend, I can answer your problem. See, the reason you hate xbox is because... You're a sad fanboy. :blink: There you go. Aren't you glad I helped you got that off your chest?

And Agatio, most n00bs slack off the xbox for the stupidest reasons. When you actually OWN one it's a different story, because you're giving it a chance. Xbox isn't by far the best, but if you're a fan of shooters like me it will feed your addiction for ever.

If you're going to get any shooter I suggest Halo or Halo2 (Halo will be a better choice due to not missing out the story when you play Halo2). Prince of Persia Sands of Time like Nick said also kicks ass, and PRince of Persia Warrior Within! You can always give Fable a shot too, it's not as bad as some people say it is, but it IS quite short. For alternatives, if you want some Real-Time Strategy, you can go for something like Full Spectrum Warrior. Or if you're into team-based shooters Rainbow Six 3 is a good choice. End of the day my friend it's based on your preference so I'm just giving you info about games I've played, when you're thinking about buying a new game or a certain game that has your interest, always read a couple reviews about it online to see what the game has/doesn't have etc.

#11   Meglo 

• Lord
                      • PipPipPipPip
                        • Group: Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:48 PM

So, anyone else here share my newfound love for Xbox?

Yuppers.

I just got an Xbox for Christmas as well...Halo 2 is awesome.

The control design is also alot better than people usually credit it.

#12   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA watch

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:31 AM

Anubis, on Dec 31 2004, 06:48 PM, said:

Don't wooorry my friend, I can answer your problem. See, the reason you hate xbox is because... You're a sad fanboy. :ph34r: There you go. Aren't you glad I helped you got that off your chest?     

sad fan boy??? whats that mean,

i apologize to nick, i have read my first post again and i feel as if i made fun of your opinions. to that i say Sorry.

#13   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                            • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 01 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

II wouldn't call it a "new found love" for it because I always did like the xbox(Its better then PS2 and you all know it)Most games for the Xbox have sick graphics and nice games.

#14   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                              • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
                              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

It's a well known fact the Xbox is better than the PS2 as a console, but as competitors in general, the PS2 had more sales than the Xbox and GC put together.

#15   Manning sucks 

• Gallant
                              • PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:59 AM

I have X-Box and i have had it since the daay it came out. but about two months ago it started have some promblems like it would freeze or it would read it as a DVD. I don't know what happend. Ithink it is because i have over 1000 hours on it.

About 300 on the madden games and 300 on the all-star games.

#16   Flamefire 

• Knight
                                • PipPip

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

After 950 hours it starts to grow old,ive heard

#17   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:40 PM

This depends on a lot of things. It's just a DVD drive.

If you don't ventilate the XBOX properly, or move it a lot, etc, you reduce the life of the player.

Also, depending on what drive your Xbox has (Originals have the Thompson drive, and the newer ones have a upgraded Samsung drive) your drive life will increase/decrease.

If you had your Xbox from day 1 (as I do) then your drive life is shorter but a few months although I haven't had any problems.

#18   Toad King 

• Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPip
                                      • Interests:Web programming and design<br />Videogames<br />Sleeping

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:22 PM

Hmm…Xbox…Oh! You mean the Halo Adapter, right? I have it for the PC, though, so I'm happy.

Also, other than only having a couple games worth playing on it, the controler is way to okward (yes, even the controler S)

#19   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

Toad King, on Jan 4 2005, 08:22 PM, said:

Hmm…Xbox…Oh! You mean the Halo Adapter, right? I have it for the PC, though, so I'm happy.

Also, other than only having a couple games worth playing on it, the controler is way to okward (yes, even the controler S)

You think the controller S is akward? Hmm it feels nice to me. Might be a bit heavy but its still pretty small. Not much bigger then the GC controller.

#20   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                          • Group: Moderator
                                          • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:44 PM

Well, it really depends on the player, though.

A TIP TO ALL: If you write a review on a console, don't decrease/increase the overall score if you like/dislike the controller, because it REALLY just depends on what the player is used to, there are a variety of opinions.

Page 1 of 1
                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                          • You cannot reply to this topic