Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halo 2 Vs. Half-life 2 Which is Better?

Poll: Which game was better?

Which game was better?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

Both these games have been critically acclaimed as the best games on their respective systems.

Half-Life 2 makes good use of the "gravity gun". You can use this to pick up useless items you can find anywhere and shoot them at people. The bigger and more dense the object, the more damage it will do.

Halo 2 made a great game better in the sequel to "the greatest game ever". The single-player is amazing, but the multiplayer is where it's at. XBox Live allows you to play Halo 2 with people all over the world. Also, there is a co-op mode, where you and a friend can play through Halo 2 together.

So, which will it be?

#2   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

I prefer Halo 2 but as I've never played HL2 my opinion is unfair.

#3   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

I heard HL2 is sort of boring, and it looks kinda boring, My friend bought HL2 and got CS source free and plays cs more than hl2. He has H2 doesnt play it much kinda boring alone.

#4   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:17 PM

l3lueMage, on Jan 25 2005, 01:07 PM, said:

I heard HL2 is sort of boring, and it looks kinda boring, My friend bought HL2 and got CS source free and plays cs more than hl2. He has H2 doesnt play it much kinda boring alone.

But doesn't the gravity gun sound in the least bit cool to you. I mean, shooting tables at zombies must be fun......

#5   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:20 PM

ya, its fun but it gets kinda boring, playing online is fun though.
            You take the gravity thing and put a bunch of desks and barrels on stair cases then run up the stairs grab another barrel then when they finally get past throw a barrel at them LOL.
            online is fun the campaign is boring...should have said that instead :)

#6   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:01 PM

The online mode is great if it's well made on any game! Halo 2 and Half-Life 2 both have great online modes!

#7   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                • Group: Admin

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:23 PM

Well, after playing Halo2 MP extensively, it isn't all it's cracked up to be (dummying, glitching, and standbying) make it not so fun at times but I found HL2 boring at the best of times.

The crowbar made my day and it kicks butt.
                Halo 2 on XBL rules though and I haven't had any fun with any other game (Perhaps CS). I have over 500 games recorded in Halo2 online and I still come back for more.

#8   Blink 

• Disciple
                  • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:25 PM

It's all about the controls, and when it comes down to that, PC controls just make me feel unconfortable. Maybe if HL2 was a console game, I would like it more, but as it is, Halo 2 for me.

#9   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:16 PM

If you want a complete single player action game where you get great visuals and awesome graphics go for Half-Life 2. I am not saying you wont get the same experience in Halo 2 but if you had to compare them both Half-life 2 gets the vote. Halo 2 focused more on the multiplayer online functions then it's single player mode.

#10   Lan 

• New User

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

Halo 2 cannot compare to HL2 in single-player. as for multiplayer, I could go either way. Just depends on what kind of mood you're in, slow and intelligent, or just wanting to shoot things up. And HL2 gets bonus points because it's available on the PC, which makes in infinitely easier to control. Gamepads aren't as good for FPS games as a mouse/keyboard. WASD4LIFE.

#11   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                        • Group: Moderator
                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

Well, if you have a good PC then PC shooters pwn console shooters. Keyboard + mouse setup is much, much better than a console gamepad when it comes to shooters, if you give it the chance.

Putting that aside and focusing on the games themselves:

HL2 uses Havok 3 where Halo 2 only uses Havok 2. HL2 makes better use of it's also better physics engine where it's actually part of the gameplay, in Halo 2 the physics were mostly just eye-candy. HL2 has better graphics.

So, HL2 is generally a better game. It just depends on if you like playing a good single player campaign or if you want good online play. I'm nulling personally.

Besides, many consider Halo 1 a better game than Halo 2 just because the weapons were better balanced in Halo 1. Also, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU GIVE THE ENERGY SWORD UNLIMITED AMMO IN ONLINE PLAY?! WTF BUNGIE!!!

#12   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:55 PM

Personally I enjoy Halo but I will choose Half-Life because I find the single player much more impressive and even though Halo's multiplayer and famous match-making system is awesome I am a huge Counter-Strike fan (as you know) so once again I'll say Half-Life.

You should keep in mind though, Half-Life is a PC game where as Halo is a console game, these platforms are different in many aspects so I usually don't compare the PC market to the console market as the PC gaming scene is in a whole other league of its own.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic