Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Davin's Story Warning! Not for the weak of stomach!

#1   Wolfkin 

• New User
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Swords...anime...swords...games...swords...books...swords...writing...swords...anthro art...Oh, did I mention swords?

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:48 PM

This is one of my early storys, and a test to see just how graphic I could make something. I hope those of you that read the warning, yet still want to read it enjoy it!

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS EXTREAM DISCRIPTIVE VIOLENCE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

The darkness was complete. Silence pressed down on the Royal Army's encampment. Sleep came easy to the soldiers. All except one. Davin Nightwind tossed and muttered in his sleep. He had been having the same dream every night for several weeks now. He would be walking in a forest with his youngest sister, Tristan, when they would be ambushed. Both of them would pull their swords and Tristan would rush their attackers. Davin would try to stop her, and then he would wake. This night, however, was different. This time, he stayed asleep. He wasn't able to stop Tristan. One of the attackers saw her and pulled his sword back and, when she was close enough, thrust it forward. Steel lanced her belly, piercing her armor. Her jaw dropped in surprise as she fell to her knees...

"NO!" Davin sat bolt upright, shaking. His furry, rounded ears brushed the top of his tent. A cold sweat matted his black-striped white fur. He was breathing heavily, as though he'd run miles. It took him a few minutes to realize that it was a dream. He shook his head slightly as his breathing slowed.

"It was just a dream," he muttered to himself. A sound on the other side of the tent made him pull his huge ******* sword out of its diamond-incrusted scabbard at his side.

"Davin! Calm down, it's only me," a female voice said.

"Tristan," he said as he lowered his sword. There was a note of worry in his voice. She picked up on it.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"It's nothing," he said, sheathing his sword with a quiet shink.

"I know you better than that, Dav. Something's bothering you."

"Don't worry about it."

"Davin, I know something's been bothering you. You've been restless. In fact, you've been keeping me awake."

"If it's bothering you that much, you can always get a different tent. And I already told you, nothing is bothering me!" he snapped. Tristan put a slender paw on his massive shoulder.

"Davin, I'm your sister. You can tell me what's wrong."

"I'd rather not talk about it," he said, shrugging off her paw.

"You know I won't leave you alone 'til you tell me," Tristan said.

"It's about you."

"I don't care. I want to know what's troubling you, even if it's about me."

"Fine. I'll tell you," Davin said, running a paw through his storm gray hair. He went on to tell her about the dream. After he told Tristan, she didn't know what to say. She opened her mouth to say something, changed her mind, closed it, and shook her head.

"I told you that you wouldn't want to hear it," Davin said, breaking the silence.

"Have you told Aslyen and Xavier?" she asked, still a little shocked. Davin shook his head.

"I haven't told anyone, except you. I'm wishing that I hadn't, though."

"It's good for you to tell someone," Tristan said. Davin pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I won't let you get killed."

"Don't worry, brother. I may be wreckless, but I'm not that wreckless," she said, returning the embrace. His massive arms dwarfed her slender frame.

"Attack! Enemy sighted on the western ridge! To arms, to arms!" a sentry bawled. Davin and Tristan broke apart. He strapped his massive seventy-four inch ******* sword as she shrugged on her breastplate over her leather tunic. After Tristan finished putting on her armor and strapped on her long sword, both ran out of the tent.

"Xavier! What's happening?" Davin shouted at his older brother as soon as he saw him.

"Those #!@$ *******s are everywhere!" Xavier called back. Suddenly a long arrow slammed into his shoulder, easily getting through his chain mail. He yanked the arrow out and cried; "Beware of archers! Warriors! Advance!"

Thousands of tiger warriors rushed their assailants. Yet the enemy seemed undisturbed. Just as many, of not more, tawny leopard warriors ran down the hill towards Xavier's forces. They were smaller than the tigers and not as heavily muscled. Black rosettes spotted their fur, and their eyes were an unnerving amber. Most wore chain mail or boiled leather armor and wielded either a long sword or mace. A few had bows with double quivers or pole arms, mainly spears or halberds, and wore plate mail. The two forces collided with a fearsome clattering of weapons on armor and the fierce, coughing roars of the combatants.

"Archers! Loose" Xavier shouted. Hundreds of arrows flew over the tigers' ranks into the leopards. The arrows easily punched through the leopards'
    thin armor. One caught two arrows in the throat, splattering his comrades with blood. Another took an arrow to the belly and keeled over, immediately getting trampled to death. An arrow through the eye brained a third. The leopards' halberds flashed in the dim light of dawn as they were swung in unison, cutting down the tigers' front rank. Davin ran back to Xavier, his sword dripping blood and a large gash across his chest.

"We're losing too many! The front rank was massacred!" he yelled over the sounds of battle.

"I know! Take command of the second rank and press forward! I'll see what I can't do to slow their advance!"Xavier shouted back. Suddenly, a huge fireball slammed into the ground a few inched from Davin, singeing his fur. He glared at the direction it came from. Time to see if those spells that Aslyen taught me are any good he thought, looking angrily at the leopard mage, who was grinning wildly. Davin faced the mage and closed his eyes, holding his sword diagonally at his right side with his left paw on his wrist, chanting "Revinta montrien."Then, opening his eyes, he brought his sword up in an arc above his head, sliding his paw to the hilt of the sword. A bright globe of light engulfed the hilt and his paws as he brought his sword down in front of him. The globe elongated and soon covered the blade. Davin thrust forward and the light beam flashed from the sword, heading straight at the leopard mage. It hit her dead center. Light played across her body as she crumpled. Davin, satisfied, called out to Tristan.

"Trist! We need to get back to the front!" She spun around as Davin spoke. An arrow flashed by her head and she ducked too quickly for the eye to follow. Davin ran up by his sister and together, they ran right into the middle of the fight. Carnage was all around them. The air reeked with the coppery scent of blood and the putrid scent of bowels. The ground was slick for blood, and there were bodies everywhere. They could hear screams, hisses and roars as the battle raged. The clash of swords hurt their sensitive ears, as did the shrieks of the wounded. One tiger had lost his sword, so charged in with claws. Another caught a leopard off guard and cut her throat, so blood sprayed in a gruesome red geyser. A leopard gasped as his back was torn open by claws like daggers. Another leopard brought his mace down on a tiger's head, crushing it like an egg. Davin and Tristan stood back-to-back, creating a ring of death. Steel flashed every time a leopard got close. Soon, there was a pile of bodies around them. A leopard ran up too fast for Tristan to slash with her sword, so she balled a fist and punched hard. Her fist collided with the leopard's jaw and a loud snap resounded as his jaw broke. Then she hooked claws under the leopard's chin and pulled, severing his windpipe. The leopard fell, gurgling blood. Davin kicked at another that came on fast, blowing out her knee. She collapsed and clutched her knee, writhing in agony. Davin drove his sword straight into her heart, then swung to decapitate another. A leopard dashed between Davin and Tristan in attempt to hit them in the back. Both spun so quickly that the leopard never knew what hit him. He fell to the ground in three gory pieces. Davin and Tristan then lunged as one, puncturing both lungs of an unfortunate leopard. Blood bubbled out his nose and mouth as he died slowly. Steadily, they advanced into the leopard ranks, leaving carnage in their wake. Suddenly, Tristan screamed as a sword pierced her left shoulder. Davin whipped around and slashed, cleaving a leopard from shoulder to crotch. He pulled the sword out of Tristan's shoulder slowly, trying not to do anymore harm. She put a paw over the wound.

"I'll be fine," she said, voice choked with pain. Davin tore off the lower
    half of a pant leg and wrapped her shoulder with it.

"That'll keep it clean," he said.

"We've got to keep fighting."

"With your shoulder like it is?"

"Yea. I told you, I'll be fine."

"Ok, but try not to use that arm too much."

"Davin! Look out!" Tristan screamed. Arrows flew straight at Davin. Quickly, he snatched up a body and held it in front of him. Most of the arrows whapped into the dead leopard, but a few hit Davin. He grunted in pain as arrows hit his arms and legs. When the arrows stopped flying, he threw the body aside and ripped arrows out of himself. Blood poured down his arms and legs, but he didn't care. Ignoring his dropped sword, he grabbed a nearby leopard by the neck and squeezed, his claws digging into the back of leopard's neck. Then, sinking claws into the leopard's belly, he pulled. With a horrendous ripping sound and several loud snaps, Davin tore the leopard in two. He sank fangs into another's belly and yanked. The leopard's abdominal cavity was ripped open, showing glistening intestines, which spilled out in a torrent of blood. He grabbed a third leopard by the arms and pulled, tearing her arms off in a gout of blood. She dropped and bled to death. Another leopard met his demise when Davin burred his claws into the leopard's belly and grabbed his spinal column. Davin tensed his arm and jerked back, tearing out the leopard's backbone. He crumpled in a heap, blood pouring from his shorn belly. Tristan backed off, knowing that Davin had slipped into bloodlust, a tiger warrior's greatest ally or deadliest foe. Under the influence of the bloodlust, the feeling of pain is greatly reduced and reaction time is greatly increased, but a tiger warrior can easily kill himself, because they don't know how wounded they are, until they are dead. She hoped that that wouldn't happen to Davin, but then, she remembered, he could quickly calm himself down if need be.

A sword creased Davin's back as he was tearing off a leopard's head. He turned, looking like some kind of demon with blood staining his fur and dripping from his paws and muzzle. He lashed out with a fist that slammed into the leopard's throat, then another into his chest. Both the leopard's trachea and ribcage collapsed, crushing heart and lungs. Davin grabbed another by the leg and swung her at her comrade, who was bowled off of his feet with a broken arm and ribs. Then, Davin sank his fangs into the leopard's throat, arched his neck, and yanked back. Blood sprayed and the leopard's spinal column was visible through her torn neck. Davin spun around as he heard chanting and he finally picked his sword up, ready to strike.

"Tornisai revaniti prenecno satana!" a mage chanted, waving his paws through the air. With horror, Davin figured out whom this mage was casting this spell at. A huge blast of black energy shot from the mage's paws straight at Tristan.

"NO!" Davin shouted as he knocked his sister out of the way of the blast. It hit him instead. White-hot pain flared through his body and he was jerked forward into a void.

"DAVIN!" screamed Tristan, though it sounded like it was coming from a long distance. Strange scenes flashed by Davin as he fell. He couldn't make out what they where. Suddenly a portal opened in front of him, and he saw a shabby building that looked like a tavern on a dirty street. He tried to roll to land on his feet, but it was too late. Davin fell through the portal and landed hard on the street. He lay there dazed for a few moments, then got shakily to his feet. Where the hell am I? He wondered. This can't be right. A filthy ally stretched out in front of him with a dumpster against the tavern. Seeing the strange beings about, he ducked into the ally and hide in the shadows behind the dumpster. They walked upright, like him, but they had no fur, no claws, and no fangs. In fact, they had no natural weapons or natural covering at all, save for their thin skin. Davin didn't see how they could survive. It doesn't matter. I need to get home.

"What are you doing" one of the beings called out. It had a large sword clutched in its hand. Davin came out, paws raised to show that he didn't want to fight, yet he was ready for it.

Thus began Davin Nightwind's long journey. A quest that spans across dimensions. A quest that will try his strength, intelligence, and his patience with the human race. A quest for home.

#2   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:00 PM

Well that was violent i'll give you that x.x;;

Your battle descriptions are very good, but there wasnt a lot of story telling going on - not that thats a bad thing at this stage. It'll be interesting to see how well you tell the story, but if the battles are anything to go by then the level of detail should be quite high.

PLEASE try and keep it going though - barely anyone actually ever finishes these things.

#3   Wolfkin 

• New User
        • Interests:Swords...anime...swords...games...swords...books...swords...writing...swords...anthro art...Oh, did I mention swords?

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

...Therein lies the problem... :D My computer crashed and wiped everything. I was working on it more, though. I only have this and some of my other stories because I had already put them on other sites. I'll see what I can do, though.

#4   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:33 PM

Ah ok then - try and keep it going though cos it was a promising start.

#5   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Nothing. I hate everything. Even you... except maybe warcraft

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:34 PM

Lovely start_ anyone for a snack?? Keep it going, I like gore!!

#6   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:39 PM

I think I'm going to be sick * Gets green in the face* That was really violent

#7   Neo 

• Disciple
                • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:56 AM

It was violent yes, but wonderful. I love your style, and your story. though there wasn't much story in the beginning, it gets clear to me now. and I like your thoughts about the races. very nice start, I hope you will continue soon.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic