Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Kikuimonji Sword Thingy i know someone already asked but...

#1 Guest_Darth Rassok_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:39 PM

ok, i have tried 20+ times to get teh Kikualdjfmongi sword with the way in the "cheats and tricks" section, and ive been able to find the Ice Gargoyle and the Fenrir, and ive torched him every time, w/ isaac and ivan defending, mia using wish on the second turn, right turn order, ice gargoyle dead, and i still haven't gotten it! ne ideas wat im doing wrong or if the guide is wrong?!? :ph34r:

#2   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:45 PM

n1p is bound to say this soon enough but anyway

check out his RNG guide, I'm not a fan but it has worked for people :ph34r:

#3   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:15 PM

Battle start (1)

Isaac: Multi Area Psynergy (5)
      Garet: Multi Area Psynergy (9)
      Ivan: Multi Area Psynergy (13)
      Mia: Multi Area Psynergy (17)

Turn 2 (19) (Two enemies remaining)

Isaac: Multi Area Psynergy (23)
      Garet: Multi Area Psynergy (27)
      Ivan: Unleash Offensive Mars Djinn (30)
      Fenrir Dies (31)
      Mia: Multi Area Psynergy to finish off other monster

#4   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Computers and anything science-related
        • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:08 PM

Well, just make sure the psyenergy isn't TOO strong that it kills the fenrir before you attack it with the Fire djinn. I recomend stuff like Quake/Gaia, Ray/Whirlwind, Flare, and Frost.

#5   gsninja 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Moderator
          • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:15 PM

The weak wide area psynergy is always the best if you want to get a certain item from an enemy.

#6   catastrophe 

• Knight
          • PipPip
            • Interests:I SHALL REVEAL NOTHING

Posted 27 February 2005 - 02:36 PM

Of cours if you can't get it to work again, you could always try the honest way. Somewhere in the first part of venus lighthouse just keep walking around and killing all those nasty monsters. After a while one wil just drop normally, thats how i did it and i got 3.

#7   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
              • Group: Veterans
              • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:58 PM

Patience grass hopper... I was in over 150 battles before I got a Kikuchimounji.
              Catastrophe's grammatical corrections:
              course, that's the third time with the dropped l on will and the missing apostrophe in that's, am I getting through to you?

#8 Guest_Ouranos20_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:23 AM

The known drop rate for the K-sword normally is 1:256, but the RNG Methods means you can get it 100% of the time. To get an RNG cheat to work, you need to reset the RNG in a specific place. To Reset the RNG, you turn off the your gameboy and turn it back on again. RNG METHODS DO NOT WORK IF YOU SOFT RESET (That is pressing A,B, Select, Start and L, R I think) In the K-sword method you (SPOILERS) reset in the first room in the Venus Lighthouse, the one with the 3 doors and the Psy Crystal.

Now the RNG should "Randomly Generate" a battle after you walk around for a while (Not leaving the room) that should be with an Ice Gargoyle and A Fenrir.

Another part of the RNG is run in Golden Sun is what attacks you choose in battle. For this method, you must choose:

1st turn:Clay Spire for Isaac, Flare Wall for Garet, Tornado for Ivan, Ice Horn for Mia,

And on the 2nd turn:Issac defends, Garet uses the Djinn Torch on Fenrir, Ivan defends, and Wish for Mia.

Now in this method all large attack arrows are on the Fenrir. However, in other Methods this can vary.

There are many special requirements in RNG Methods. You may have to have certain items equipped, be at a certain level or change who attacks first. These can all effect how an RNG method works.

Most RNG Methods go for 2 turns, I have seen none that go for longer.

And that's the example of the RNG system at its best (Or should I say worst?)

#9   Twin Swords 

• Squire
              • Pip

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:08 PM

Well, I don't know about you ,but I got it the old fashioned way I know the RNG method is great and all ,but for me its easier and more relieving if you just use and fire djinni that attacks and just kill the fenrir and then kill the ice gargoyle its easier that way and a few times you will see the flashing of colors before the monster dies after you hit it with a offensive fire djinni. It is more relieving because you fell good that you got a good sword. It probably took me 17 hours straight in order to get it ( I have a lot of patience and it was on a Friday). Just try the best you can and trust me you will get it, as they say patience is a virtue.

#10   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:58 PM

The regular drop rate for an item with ICC 9 is 1 in 256.
                  Using the Dark Panther Method (Using Weakness Djinn to kill) creates a 1 in 128 chance, and using an RNG Method create a 1 in 1 chance.

[Topic Closed]

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • This topic is locked