Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun: Silver Moon

#1 Guest_LuxLucis_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:46 AM

Um.. Hi!

New to the forums, but I thought I'd go ahead and try to write up A GS Fanfic. >_> I do these things from time to time. I'm actually basing this on an inprogress RP I'm running, so updates will come as the story there progresses. I should also tell you, that aside from Alex, most of the original Golden Sun characters play very small roles in this story. I opted to have new heroes, rather than rehash the old ones. Anyway, a little backstory first.

Since the seal on Alchemy was broken, five years have passed. The power of Alchemy is free upon the world and already it is having its effects. Science is beginning to advance quickly, though still they remain fairly primitive compared to our own world. The world of Weyard has begun to restore its self, and peace has settled across the world. Vale has been rebuilt, mostly, and the people have returned to their normal lives. Mia has returned to Imil in the north to be with her family, and Ivan has return to Kalay to be with his master. Jenna, Isaac, and Felix have headed back to Prox to visit with them, as they promised they would. Sheba and Piers have headed to Lemuria, attempting to find some link to Sheba’s mysterious past. Garet has remained in Vale at his grandfather’s request, though he truly wishes to be traveling with Isaac.

However... that is not the whole story. Unknown to these heroes and the entire world of Weyard, there is another world. Weyard’s opposite; Solun. Solun has been experiencing problems including earthquakes and odd distortions. On top of that, their Mt. Omega has begun to glow through out the day and night, the shine growing stronger as the days go by. Worry has begun to spread and Mt. Omega has been deemed off-limits.

Solun itself is very similar to Weyard; existing on a plane parrallel, but underneath Weyard. Think of it as two flat worlds placed together with their backs to each other. Their world too had Alchemy long ago, but it was sealed away in unison with Weyard's Alchemy thanks to the cooperation of Weyard's Wise One and Solun's Ancient One. However, the worlds were meant to remain the same. Either both had Alchemy, or both didn't. Now that that balance has been disturbed, Solun is beginning to deteriorate quicker than ever before.

On top of this, Solun has completely different Elements. The world of Solun is composed of the elements of Sol, Luna, Saturn, and Pluto. Sol represents the power of light; Luna the power of Shadows, Saturn the strength of Chaos, and Pluto the might of Order. Chaos, in essence, is a combination of the more destructive sides of the Weyard Elements. Pluto, or Order, is a combination of the power of physics, time, and gravity.

The world is in trouble; both worlds. And the nearly immortal Water Adept still lives, biding his time until he is free once more. He is simply waiting for someone to upset the balance in his favor...

Chapter 1

Lux Lucis peered out the crack in his door, checking to make sure his sister hadn't heard the ruckus he had just made. She may have been his little sister, but she had a way of ordering him around. If she found out what he was planning, he would be in front of the elders in less than five minutes if she found out. Or worse, he'd have to bring her with him. He waited at the door a few moments before returning to his task.

Lux had lived alone with his sister for the past five years, every since the incident at Mt. Omega. No one was quite sure, even to this day, what had caused the mountain to erupt. He remembered that fateful day vividly. His green eyes would often well up with tears at the thoughts of what happened, though he would never let anyone see that. Lux put on a carefree attitude towards everything. It was how he had learned to deal with the pain.

He pushed the long blonde hair from his eyes, as he had a habit of doing. The bangs hung down in his vision constantly. Even back then. The mountain was erupting, and he was forced to push the hair from his eyes. He remebered straing through the strands as his mother was crushed and killed by a boulder. Back then, his Psynergy had been weak. His Sol powers hadn't even been enough to wiggle he rock, let alone move it. He had watched his mother die, with his sister crying next to him.

It was also that day that the Solun Djinn had been released. He and his father had had an eventful fight with the last to be freed, trying to keep it from escaping. They had captured it, but the rest had made it out into the world. His father had been sent to recapture all of them and bring them home. He had been the guardian of Luna Lamasery. The elders thought it his duty to return them, and his father had agreed. five years had passed since then though.

Lux picked up his bag, pushing all objects that had fallen out back into it. He lifted the bag onto his bed and shoved another rope into it, followed by a few items of food and a thermos. He pulled the drawstring closed and hefted the bag over his shoulder. He turned and slowly pulled open the door, staring down the hallway at his sister. Twenty years old, and he was still sneaking out of the house; and passed his twelve year old sister at that. She was busy making dinner for later that night. If Lux was quick, he could manage to get out without her realizing it. By the time she knew he was gone, he'd already be back... or so he hoped.

He stepped into the hallway and tipped toed toward the kitchen. He'd have to pass through it to get to the door. It was a risk, but he didn't have mush choice in the manner. He slinked along the wall as he reached the kitchen, trying to make as little noise as possible as he slid his way along the wall toward the living room. He smiled as he reached the entrance to the next room and turned to sprint out.

As he took off, he ran straight into the table, flipping over it and sending things scattering to the ground all around him. Lux groaned and sat up, rubbing his shin.

"And where are you going?" Lex's voice rang out behind him. Lux paused, not looking at her yet, trying to come up with a decent excuse.

"I'm... um... going to go train with Rylant." Lux said, standing up and rubbing his head; which he had whacked on the table during his fall.

Rylant was a friend of Lux's. He was about a year older. Lux had found him outside the village, passed out and unconcious nearly two years ago. After helping to nurse him back to health, they had become quick friends; both of them helping each other train to be stronger.

"And you need a rope, food, and all that other stuff... why?" Lex said, ****ing an eyebrow at Lux.

Lux looked at his bag, seeing half his items had spilled out. He leaned down and scooped them back in before closing the bag once more and throwing it over his shoulder. "We're going to be training to... uh..." Lux paused and glanced at his sister.

"Gotta go!" Lux shouted taking off toward the door. Just as he grasped the handle, he felt his entire body slow and pause in time. 'God damn Pluto Adepts!' Lux thought, shifting his eyes toward his sister. He began to wish he hadn't taught her how to use Psynergy. Then she wouldn't be able to use halt on him all the time.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what you're doing." Lex said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Lux wondered how this situation made sense in the universe. He was the eldest; shouldn't he be the one doing this kind of stuff to her?

"We're going to Luna Lamasery..." Lux said.

"Lux! You know you're not allowed there!" Lex said, stepping forward with an angry look in her eyes.

"Let me finish!" Lux said, formulating his lie. "We're going to Luna Lamasery to return the Djinn we have."

Lex ****ed an eyebrow, not fully believing her brother. Lux loved his little Djinn companion. It wasn't likely he'd just give it up.

"The elder asked me to earlier today." Lux said, completing his lie. "He said it would be for the best."

"Then why were you trying to sneak out? And Escape?" Lex asked.

'Damn her and her intelligence!' Lux thought, attempting to form a reason why quickly. "Because I... was afraid you would be sad to see Flare go." Lux said, hoping it would be satisfactory.

Lex thought a moment and sighed, waving her hand. Lux fell forward, slamming into the door as time resumed for him. He rubbed his face as he stood, looking to his sister. She had returned to the kitchen, preparing dinner. "Don't be late!" She yelled as he opened the door. Lux nodded. "I won't!"

He closed the door behind him and headed toward Rylant's. Rylant was coming with him, whether he wanted to or not.

#2   Omega 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

Isn't Silver Moon the opposite of Golden Sun? By the way, nice fan fic!

#3 Guest_LuxLucis_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:46 PM

Aye. It's an intentional opposition. >.>

And Thanks :D

I'll try to have another one up later today.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic