Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soul Calibur 3 A game PS2 owners should not miss!!

#1   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:36 AM

You all know the success of Soul Calibur II; now, without unprecidented delay, Namco has announced Soul Calibur III for only the PS2. Sadly, that is awful news for GameCube and Xbox owners who enjoyed the previous installment in this expansive series, as the plans for the new game are astounding, and should be expected to empty wallets upon wallets to get a PS2 for this exclusive game.

First I shall explain to you that Soul Calibur III will now introduce a customizing system to create your very own fighter. Those who have experience with the Tony Hawk series' "Create-a-Skater" system should have no problem navigating the menus in the game when it comes out. Although, it's assumed that you'll also have a variety of skills to choose from, as well as borrowing skills from the default roster of characters.

Also, there are three new characters to be brought into the battlefield. Here is an excerpt from GameSpot on the characters.

"The game's roster will feature three new fighters, bringing the tally of playable characters to more than 25. Setsuka is a busty umbrella-wielding fighter who is sporting some platform flip-flops and a sword housed in her parasol. While her last name hasn't been revealed, we half expect her to be a cousin of Mai Shiranui of Fatal Fury fame. The second character is a green-clad female named Kira, who's wielding either the world's biggest chakram or the world's most badass hula hoop. Finally, the last and most striking of the characters is an African fighter named Zasalamel, who sports a distinctly Egyptian flavor and is rocking a wicked-looking scythe with a bird motif."

Look for further details on the GameSpot link above.

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

It is indeed quite unfortunate news for GameCube and Xbox owners, but especially so for the former; the inclusion of Link in Soul Caliber II made it a success.

Apparently, regarding Soul Caliber III, Sony Computer Entertainment paid Namco for the exclusivity.

#3   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

Oh well, I would have preffered to buy the game for my Xbox (for many reasons) but I'm not that phased, I'll just get the PS2 version for a change. Besides the PS2's controller is more suited for fighting games than the Xbox's.

#4   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:29 PM

I'm getting the new, slimmer, and somewhat less pricey PS2 for my birthday just so I'm prepared for the SCIII release. But I won't go on with a empty-handed PS2 with Katamari Damacy. :P

My opinions on the three new characters ...

Tira - She's just so bad-ass. But, her costume looks like something that came out of a trash can and Taki's. It's unique, but hopefully her alternate costume won't have such obscurity. Still really bad-ass and dead sexy.

Zasalamel - Okay ... so, we have an Egyptian guy, clothed in some kind of priest outfit from that country. His scythe is nonetheless awesome, with the same color scheme and a resemblance to Ra (my favorite Egyptian god). Overall, I would consider to play as him, but for right now, he's not of any interest to me until I get the game.

Setsuka - Second sexiest to Kira, I could say. Although she looks like she could be a combination of Lulu from Final Fantasy X and, quite possibly, Taki's mother (if she were younger). The umbrella acting as a sheath (I think) for her sword is a rather original idea, but, how she can get that out quickly is unbeknownst to me. Overall? Recap time!

-Dead sexy (2nd place).
          -Sword + Umbrella sheath = Very unique.
          -Could possibly be Taki's mother.

... Quite difficult I'd say. I'll just make her 2nd on my list of "New Characters I Want to Play Most-Least". You should know what 1st place should be by now. :D

This post has been edited by Crimson Barrel Knight: 29 March 2005 - 02:33 PM

#5   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:12 PM

I can't find any pictures of these new characters. Links anyone?

#6   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soulcal...creenindex.html

^Gamespot screens.

#7   Zxor 

• Disciple
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:41 PM

That game looks so cool, I am definetely going to get it.

Anything else you wish to contribute to this topic? Simply stating whether you (dis)like something is not a constructive post; all your posts should have a meaningful addition to the topic. - Riad

#8   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                  • Group: Moderator
                  • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

It really is too bad that the GameCube and the Xbox won't get to enjoy the new Soul Calibur. Lucky for me, I have a PS2, so I have no worries. I can't wait to get the game.

#9   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                    • Group: Veterans
                    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:30 PM

I don't understand why they don't make this Soul Calibur game come on all the systems like last time? Maybe the other systems didn't sell their Soul Calibur games as well as the PS2 did but I really wanted to check this game out on my gamecube or Xbox since I don't have a PS2.

#10   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                      • Group: Moderator
                      • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:31 PM

I know, why couldn't Soul Calibur III be on the GCN and Xbox as well? That would make more people happier.

#11   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:35 PM

Ya, they probably don't like the game, and don't want to get it. But so mant people would buy it, IMO.

#12   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

Sony secretly paid Namco for the exclusivity, from what I've heard.

#13   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:00 PM

Where did you hear this? Well, they probably really want the game, sony, which I would understand.

#14   Mewt 

• Lord
                            • PipPipPipPip
                              • Interests:Computer games (Golden Sun and Final Fantasy series are my favourites), drawing, writing (fanfiction and original), anime and manga, chatting on MSN and watching Little Britain.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:57 PM

I can't wait for SCIII. Plus I have a PS2, so there's no problem there. ^__^

I heard about some really random new characters ... even weirder than the regular bunch. Actually, the SC characters are generally quite normal, but totally kick-a$$.

#15   Lind 

• Knight
                              • PipPip
                                • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, playing games, sleeping...

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

Actually, the reason why most people were floored by the Sony exclusive was becuase the GC version of SCII out sold the other versions. (EGM said this.) And it was all because of Link. All reviews recommended the GC version if you had a choice between the three just becuase he was such a cool exclusive.

It probably is true that Sony had to pay Namco for the exclusive, but it was the version I had (and the one I enjoyed most, just becuase a PS2 controller is so easy to handle in a fighting game).

#16   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

Lind, on Apr 1 2005, 07:32 PM, said:

Actually, the reason why most people were floored by the Sony exclusive was becuase the GC version of SCII out sold the other versions. (EGM said this.) And it was all because of Link. All reviews recommended the GC version if you had a choice between the three just becuase he was such a cool exclusive.

It probably is true that Sony had to pay Namco for the exclusive, but it was the version I had (and the one I enjoyed most, just becuase a PS2 controller is so easy to handle in a fighting game).

The sad thing is that that was your own opinion. I mean, how would Sony get scared crapless if the GameCube version outsold the others? They've got other really great games for the PS2, so just Soul Calibur II getting all the dibs on another system is one that they can easily pass on by. All those tons of reviews saying otherwise just doesn't really count ...

#17   Mewt 

• Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                    • Interests:Computer games (Golden Sun and Final Fantasy series are my favourites), drawing, writing (fanfiction and original), anime and manga, chatting on MSN and watching Little Britain.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

I was still annoyed that we PS2 people got stuck with Heihachi rather than Link ... :(

I'm really not sure about the whole GC version outselling the other consoles' versions ... but yeah, I prefer playing fighting games on the PS2 too.

Page 1 of 1
                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                    • You cannot reply to this topic