Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Golden Sun World How you really feel about gsw.

#1   Jai 

• Knight
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:E mail me and I'll telll you (if your a female) Im also African American

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:56 PM

This topic is for any one who has been accused of being a n00b like me I say any one who wants to speak their mind about how they really feel about gsw then say it here but please keep it clean,please tell us your side of the story also on this topic I like for you to list anyone on gsw you dislike here's my personal list:

Zxor
    FullEvil
    FullDark
    Banana man

#2   Blink 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:03 PM

Ok, sure...

Jai - really doesn't like to admit wrongdoing
      Evan - 11 clones is waaay too much
      TheOne - I know it wasn't really bad, but, acting like he was smoking behind a house in GSW, it's REALLY not necesarry, and since smoking is no joke, not funny, not in the slightest to me. Sorry if that's a bit harsh.

other than that, everyone else was kinda ok. Sure, some people had their annoying moments, but these were the only to really annoy me...

#3   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:04 PM

If this turns into flaming, warnings will be given out right away.

#4   Blink 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

Verily noticed nick. This topic too is begging to get locked. I think the point here though may have been to find out what people did that bugged you so they can avoid that next time. Though, Jai said we should post why people annoyed us, though he didn't post anything about what he disliked in the four people he posted.

#5   Jai 

• Knight
          • PipPip
            • Interests:E mail me and I'll telll you (if your a female) Im also African American

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:37 PM

look im sorry guys but I cant do this any more it seem this place is never really going to progress so im never comming back to gsw its built up on inmature high school kids Im not saying max should quit what he's doing but I think he could be better at trying to keep a community where golden sun fans can have fun and be safe from spammers this is the last post Im ever going to make so I encourage that you keep comming back to this topic so max can really listen to every golden sun's fan voice and decide whats really best.

I Thought you were better than this max and I know you are!!!

jai

good bye
            Shadowsage
            Koleo
            leon
            and any one else Ive met
            and had fun with
            you are alll good friends.

#6   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

Wow. I feel so many emotions right now. Mostly anger though. Also disapointment that GSW has attracted such jerks...really, Immature high school kids? This guy is 18 for goodness sakes, or at least he claims to be. If he really was, his first lines wouldn't involve grabbing peoples butts.

I think we all really know what's best, we need a Mod system, to keep these kinds of guys from finding out the hard way what is and isn't accepted at GSW, so that they don't get all insane about GSW like this...

I..really feel bad about this whole thing. For some reason, I feel like I have a lot of the guilt on my shoulders for trying to explain to him why he was reported by Zxor. I just don't know...

I'm really sorry Max, I hope this doesn't affect you. It's really got nothing to do with GSW, this was this own guy's problem, so don't let it make you feel like quitting on GSW.

#7   Jai 

• Knight
              • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:23 PM

Look everybody my Intensions are not to shut down gsw I know some of the things blink say are true but I feel that even Camelot would want to see better representation of their game and that gsw owes them a huge apology and should try over Max I support you 100% in Continuing gsw Im just saying that dont release until it's perfect.

Jai

ps message to blink I may be 18 but listen to this like it says on your website: get a life
                even when I was 16 i gave up on golden sun too your so hyped on keeping it up that you just want escape from thoes day of being picked on in school. I only came here to see what max can do .Me and My family might have broke a few rules but were still mature enough to relize when let go max can do better without you bye

Jai Aka(dark adept) aka(vergil)
                TheOne
                and
                Jan

#8 Guest_Jason_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

Do you have any problems with my "trio"?
                Jasmine, Jaret and Jason.

#9   Max 

• Administrator
                  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:12 AM

Jai, you obviously don't understand what is going on. These "server tests" are simply development snapshots. They are by no means a true release, they are simply a way for people to see what we have so far. It is far from perfect, and so the beta will be several months away while we continue to work hard and improve it.

I am trying to make the best of what I have, because not many people still like GS anymore. For the beta, that number will be even smaller, so I'll have to call it how I see it. Please stop trying to push blame on to others if you made a mistake, because that is the worst show of character. If you made a mistake, own up to it, say you're sorry, and move on. Don't go around calling people immature because you are too insecure to own up to your own mistakes.

However, I don't know what you did, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. GSW is far from finished, so if you are unhappy with it I can understand. If you are leaving, the goodbye, and have fun in life.

#10   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:28 AM

GSW gets less popular with every server test. i was thinking the other day that it probably isn't worth the effort. GS died ages ago, the only people left are people like me, who have decided that this forum is a good place to 'hang out'.

Just to bring this discussion back out into the open, it seems that the forum is dying again. i don't see another GS revival occuring. i mean, it's gotten far too old now. We call this forum active but it's 100 times less active than , say, GSN was for the year after the original. and that website accounted for less than a thrid of the total community (possibly less, but it was part of the holy GS trinity)
                    What do we have left? GSS and GSR? wow! That's a lot. And how many of us are actually GS fans anymore? I like GS, but i find it a very boring game now. i'm a 'fan' of the site, not the game.

But yes! By the time the beta is released, you've already lost the interest of many people who were following the project, and it'l be at the mercy of time too. THings get boring, and undoubtedly, the few loyal GSWers will get bored eventually. Surely the people planning on using the beta would have used taken part in the server tests. And you can't say people will learn about it in time. if that was the case, surely the server test would have got progressivley more popular?
                    I think testing them was a good idea, but thinking about it now, it seems to have done little but give followers the wrong impression. So they've turned their attention to seemingly more prommising things.

yes, i'm feeling very optimistic tonight. School stress is getting the best of me.

#11   Jai 

• Knight
                    • PipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:25 AM

Consider this letter a warning from a friend.

(For legal Issues, statements said in my next letter does not represent capcom software development in any way)

also I would like to personaly say sorry to max for passing judgement about gsw
                      my action will become clear in my next post I'm also sorry for anyone who thought I was being a jerk. sorry about what I said blink it was said out of a fit of rage. I appologize.

jai

#12   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

I have a list, but I will not state the reasons to avoid accidentally flaming:
                        Tobiasmar
                        evan
                        minum/golden_d
                        anubis
                        Jai (well, at least you apologized)
                        micheal5728 (not sure if the numbers are right)
                        TheOne

NOTE: the list has nothing to do with forum behavior; just GSW behavior. That's why anubis and jai are on there.

#13   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

Jai, on Apr 6 2005, 07:25 AM, said:

I appologize.

those two words have made you completely respectable Jai. Thank you very much, and I'm glad that things are finally settling with this. It's fine if you lose your temper now and then and want to rant, so long as it's followed by an apology...

(also, Get A Life is the name of a video game I made, it's a life simulator, and I thought Get A Life would be a catchy name for a life simulator game)

and Nobody, I wouldn't be so sure that Golden Sun is dead just yet. There was quite a pause between Golden Sun 1 and 2, and consider how long that would take if it was being made for the GBA, and then they were told they should transfer it over to the DS. It would delay the game quite a bit if it really is coming.

#14   Jai 

• Knight
                          • PipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

First I'd like to correct my last post *statements said in this letter does not represent Camelot in any way[B]*.

second this is the deal : For a class assignment I was given a list of games, It was my job that I go to the websites that mostly affilate that game and write an report on it so the companys can read it. Golden sun was one of the names on the list.

stats show that this site mabe the largest fan site for goldensun in the US. On an personal note I'm a fan of goldensun so when I came here I kinda took it personaly when I saw how diorganized this place was(not that I think it still is)but what you dont know is Camelot might look at this site for future refrence to decide on continuing the golden sun 3 project. also I dont want them to get the wrong idea about my report and drive the site right into the ground. thats why I seemed so harsh about wanting this place to do better next time cause in about 3yrs Im going to be a game designer for that company by then I expect better server tests.

also I recently found out that other students with the same assignment signed on as
                            FullDark
                            FullEvil and
                            FullDart
                            sorry if they were annoying

didnt mean to cause trouble
                            Jai

#15   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

Now THIS is the kind of stuff I really was hoping from you Jai. Going about things in a completely mannerly order. That's really cool that you're going to be working for Camelot if you can in three years. 21 is kind of early for that, but, it's a good idea to start young. Might I ask what your subject is? Graphics/sound/programming/advertising? I'm working on graphics already so I can hopefully work for Nintendo, HAL, or Namco, but now I'll look into Camelot too.

Good luck with your report, and we'll try to be a bit better too I think. I know I certainly will, but honestly, GSW is all about having fun. Max wants it to be the most entertaining Golden Sun environment on the web, not necessarily the most mature, but definately the best.

#16   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                                • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
                                • AKA Link

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:04 AM

There is just one guy I have a problem with, Michael 578 (I think that's his name)
                                Me and Angelic_Raine were just messing about with other people on GSSF, and what does this kid do, come up and swear at me then stalk me.

Also Jai, I am glad you apologized and that everything is ok, and good luck with your future career at Camelot.

#17   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                  • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:59 AM

Jai was one of the first people I met on GSW. Probobly one of the first to introduce himself. I think He's alright!

states show that this site mabe the largest fan site for goldensun in the US. On an personal note I'm a fan of goldensun so when I came here I kinda took it personaly when I saw how diorganized this place was(not that I think it still is)but what you dont know is Camelot might look at this site for future refrence to decide on continuing the golden sun 3 project. also I dont want them to get the wrong idea about my report and drive the site right into the ground. thats why I seemed so harsh about wanting this place to do better next time cause in about 3yrs Im going to be a game designer for that company by then I expect better server tests.

That's not nessesarily true. We very well, are not any source of info-intake for a major worldwide distributing company such as camelot/nintendo. They wouldn't go to a site made by a teenager, Regardless of how talented he is, to see if they want to make another game.......

but it's a nice thought!

#18   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                    • Group: Veterans

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

GSW is really good but i have this feeling that you all take it perhaps a little too seriously which is why people end up falling out over it. Its cool but it shouldnt take over anyones lives or anything >.o

Anyways, once a few new features are put in i think it would be really good^^

#19   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                      • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:38 AM

I don't take it seriously. I just think that it was loads of fun. because it was something that I have never done before.

I don't know any who fell out over it.

#20   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                                        • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
                                        • AKA Link

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

I like GSW, and when the ture version is released ther ewill probaly be alot more people. I think there should be word filters, for swearing and rude words.

#21   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

well, i don't want to be pessimistic, but i do think the GSW hype is... "fading"...also, Jai, i always thought you were cool, never had a problem with ya...of course, many people thought of you as offensive, but you apologized, it's all good...to me, people are making too much of a big deal out of it, mybe because i think GSW is a place to have fun, mess around, NOT to be mature...ever heard "we all took some, i just happened to take more than the others"...well, i believe that is the case with jai... MANY members used to go behind the female users, even when they were away, and the bubble popped up, showing the message of " *grabs* "...and nobody said anything about it...is it wrong?... well, yes, it is, but the only difference is, the way jai said it expressed the message more explicitly...but that was all...i won't say any names, first cause i don't remember, and second, cause i don't want to bring the whole thing up again, wanna leave it in the past...

p/s: link, what anime series is that guy in your sig from?

#22   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

That guy is from Naruto, and what server test was this where everyone was going around "*grabbing*"? I find that just as bad really.

#23   Jai 

• Knight
                                            • PipPip
                                              • Location:Need to know basis only

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

Nick i kinda feel bad for starting this whole topic so when your able to see this i would like for you to please close this topic down before anyone decides to start another flaming when beta is released

jai

Page 1 of 1
                                              • You cannot start a new topic
                                              • This topic is locked