• You cannot reply to this topic

Why Does Felix Never Talk In Gs2 why? that is the question

#1   baker1000 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:playing rpgs and posting on gss forums lol

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

i want to know why felix never talks in the lost age but he does in golden sun. it isn't because he is the main character because isaac speaks in golden sun.

all he does is say yes or no and you dicide that

#2   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

felix does talk. he says "???", "..." and at the beginning of Trial Road, he says "Why?". what more do you want from him???

anyway, that's pretty much the way it is for many such video games. Link never talks. neither did Isaac in GS1, or the farmer in Harvest moon. main characters generally don't talk, as that way you can get more involved... if they talk, then it gives you a sense of their personality. this way, you can relate to the main character more, because you can imagine what s/he's saying... I donno. hard to explain. anyway, it's pretty much always been done.

#3   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:13 PM

I agree. They do it so that the main character's personality is something that you can decide, as you are the one playing as him/her.

#4   Isaac702 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

your suposed to be able to relate to a main character in a game but if all the do is say Yes , No , Ect .
          How Are you suposed to do that

#5   Lind 

• Knight
          • PipPip
            • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, playing games, sleeping...

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:57 PM

Its just how it works with GS and GSTLA. As another example, OKAGE: Shadow King, the quirky little PS2 RPG barely anyone played, had a silent main character until you decided what he said. The difference is in most occasions, you had a choice of entire remarks, rather than Yes or No. Then you could choose what was most like your own response. The makers even set the system up so that depending on what you will decide which members of your party like you best and gave you a prize for each one.

There are probably other games like this, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

#6   Somia 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing & a Smile.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

Yes u have to decided how UR character act and another one of Isaac's famous qoute is "!!!".

#7   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Veterans
                • AKA watch

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:46 PM

Lind, on Apr 9 2005, 10:57 AM, said:

Its just how it works with GS and GSTLA. As another example, OKAGE: Shadow King, the quirky little PS2 RPG barely anyone played, had a silent main character until you decided what he said. The difference is in most occasions, you had a choice of entire remarks, rather than Yes or No. Then you could choose what was most like your own response. The makers even set the system up so that depending on what you will decide which members of your party like you best and gave you a prize for each one.

There are probably other games like this, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I think there is, Baldur's gate-shadow of amn, you had a list of repiles and if you said the wrong thing or something negitive about the character the person might leave or not fight for a period of time.

I liked it how they didn't talk so much, the yes and no thing was funny cos in some places you had to say yes.

#8   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

actually (as stated in a previous topic), felix does talk (other than yes/no and "why?"), it's just that you can't hear what he's saying - you can tell by the reactions of the other characters. this lets you imagine felix answering in the way you would answer; for example, in GS1 after the eruption of mount aleph, Isaac and garet are telling the mayor and their parents what happend, but it doesn't show you what exactly they're saying. how would Isaac respond? "yeah, a bunch of stuff happend and the world is doomed" or would he explain it differently? it's up to you to use your imagination so you can decide yourself what kind of personality Isaac has. I hope that made sense...

#9   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

He doesn't talk because they want you to believe that you are him. You can create your own opinions and apply them to the game making you the main character. Understand?

#10   Elliott 

• Cool
                      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:12 AM

Not many RPG's have the main character talking, it's usually up to the player to make up the name, history, dialogue of the character, hence "role playing game".

#11   Spirit Icana 

• Squire
                      • Pip

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

Yep, everyone on top pretty much nailed it. In my opinion though, Felix should've talked in Lost Age. I simply can't be a character who supposedly shares a secret with Kraden, without any knowledge of that secret before hand.

Plus, Felix was granted a personality in the first Golden Sun which only made the immersion totally non-existant in the "supposed" sequel.

#12   Shadowed Freedom 

• Knight
                        • PipPip
                          • Interests:Programming, Website Design, Graphic Design, Website Hosting, MMORPGs, Golden Sun, GBA Game Programming, GBA Game Beta-Testing, LAN House Owning, MONEY.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

Well he does talk:

!!SPOILER ALERT!! (Highlight the text to read what it says)
                          Felix does talk, right at the end, once you have owned your perants (in dragon form) and we make it back to back to our home town as a happy family, he talks for f***ing ages, he says lots of stuff about really deep philisofical stuff. So he does talk but you have to wait 'till the end.

#13   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

It's probably Nintendo's policy. You see that everytime Nintendo published/created an RPG, their main heroes never/rarely talks. Look at Legend of Zelda, and even Super Mario Bros : Superstar Saga. Link and Mario... never talks.

Not sure about Metroid, though.

#14   PyroDragon 

• New User

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

Samus doesn't talk either, NJB. Felix does talk actually, he talks a bit in the ending, but other than that, he's silent

#15   Demon Adept 

• Knight
                              • PipPip
                                • Interests:Golden Sun. Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3. Lufia 1, 2, 3, 4. Secret of Mana. Seiken Densetsu 3. Sword of Mana. Mario games. Zelda games. Pokemon games (occasionally). Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. InuYasha-I have a giant stick and I call it Tetsusaiga. Saiyuki. My GameCube. My ZSNESW emulator. 3 Doors Down and their songs: Away from the Sun, Kryptonite, When I'm Gone, Without You, Let Me Go. Evanesence. Bryan Adams. I also like PMs, so someone please send me one, I'm a lonely person.

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:03 PM

I'm glad he doesn't talk because if he always talked as much as he talks at the end of the game, your hours would be doubled at least (maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's the truth!). Felix supposedly talks when he tells Akafubu (sp?) what the Great Gabomba said.

#16   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                  • Group: Moderator
                                  • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

As SF said, Felix actually does talk, not only before taking on Trial Road. If you want to see when he talks, highlight SF's spoilers paragraph.

Anywho, it's just the video game thing. It may not be for deciding personality for yourself, but you never know, I think...nn.nn

#17   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                    • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:02 PM

PyroDragon, on Jun 6 2005, 06:02 PM, said:

Samus doesn't talk either

What you talking bout boy? She talks in Metroid Fusion, bout 3/4 of the way through.

Like GSN said, he does also talk abit during the trial road explaination.

#18   Royta 

• New User
                                      • Interests:writing, gaming, drawing

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:42 AM

he says ??? when you leave lemuria and they start making a fuss over piers's age.

#19   Royta 

• New User
                                        • Interests:writing, gaming, drawing

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:44 AM

gsninja, on Jun 9 2005, 06:55 PM, said:

As SF said, Felix actually does talk, not only before taking on Trial Road. If you want to see when he talks, highlight SF's spoilers paragraph.

Anywho, it's just the video game thing. It may not be for deciding personality for yourself, but you never know, I think...nn.nn

samus also says "Ugh, poisonous gass, most get out" in metroid prime in phazon minz wherr the poisonous gass is released. she says it very very quiet though.

#20   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                          • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:00 PM

Think it's the same as with Isaac in Golden Sun...
                                          He's got the talent of how to say: !!! and stuff....
                                          always wondered how he says that :silence:

#21   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                            • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.
                                            • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:51 AM

In an RPG you are supposed to imagine that you are the main character.
                                            If he talked a lot, he might say something that you wouldn't say in that situation. That's my only complaint about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
                                            Marche never shuts up; and he's a pansy. (can i use that word? ... whatever) Think about it this way: while you are playing the game during cut scenes, you are just watching the characters talk, so Felix silently listens as well because you control him.

Page 1 of 1
                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                            • You cannot reply to this topic