.hack//series Offical Topic

#1   Valistrix 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
    • AKA Link

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

This weekend i bought .hack//INFECTION. At first I thought it was going to be your ordinary RPG you know? Just wander around and batle, ok not much different there because I was right! The gameplay is rather fun, you run around fields, travrse through dungeons, it's not like your normal turn-based RPG, you completely control Kite (the hero) in battles and what not. There are four in the series, but I suggest starting in order to understand the storyline, .hack// is based on an online game named 'The World'. When you first start playing, your friend Orca shows you the ropes. Uopn entering the first dug]ngeon, some stuff happens and in real-life Orca falls into a deep come. Now KIte and all the companions he can find, must find out what happened to Orca, stop the virus and save all players from falling into a deep coma.

#2   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
      • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

I almost beat that game. I am having trouble finding a C data core though ( or it was a b data core) but anyway, I need it or else I can't hack into the next level. Do you know where I could find one?

#3   Kewne 

• Lord
      • PipPipPipPip
        • Group: Banned

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:28 AM

I just love these games. I've beaten the first two, Infection and Mutation. Though I think they are to short. I mean, I beat the first in 30 hours and the second in just over 20(I left my ps2 on for about 3 hours just standing in a dungeon while training rugby). But there are lot's of things to explore after beating them. plus you get a free DVD with an episode of .hack//liminality with the game.

The games are based on the anime show .hack//SIGN. I saw the show before playing the games and it is SO great.

Play these games or at least see SIGN.

#4   Kite 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip
          • Interests:<3~~~ Hate the schools... X3

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:47 PM

Kewne, on May 13 2005, 08:28 AM, said:

The games are based on the anime show .hack//SIGN. I saw the show before playing the games and it is SO great.

The games arent based off of the show, they are based 6 months AFTER Aura's awakening and... well I know the whole story of .hack//. Lets just put it that way. .__.

#5   Kewne 

• Lord
          • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:29 AM

Ok Kite, I wasn't that accurate but I meant that the show was shown before the games were made. But the "6 month before" doesn't make sense if you watch the 27th(?) episode of .Hack//SIGN(I think it's an extra episode) and then play the games(I don't want to spoil anything but it's about one of the female characters you meet in the game).

Anyway, is there anyone that's afraid of a real pluto's kiss? I'm not.

#6   Kite 

• Gallant
            • PipPipPip
              • Interests:<3~~~ Hate the schools... X3

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:46 AM

Kewne, on May 15 2005, 07:29 AM, said:

Ok Kite, I wasn't that accurate but I meant that the show was shown before the games were made. But the "6 month before" doesn't make sense if you watch the 27th(?) episode of .Hack//SIGN(I think it's an extra episode) and then play the games(I don't want to spoil anything but it's about one of the female characters you meet in the game).
              Anyway, is there anyone that's afraid of a real pluto's kiss? I'm not.

The last episode...
              .hack//Unison? That one was supposed to take place after everything, cept w/o Shugo, Rena, Mirelle, etc..
              :P By the '6 motnhs after thing' I meant thats how it is in the storyline~

#7   Kewne 

• Lord
              • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:07 AM

I just like to start something in this one so my question:
                Which is your favorite boss?

Mine is the second battle with Cubia(in part 3) because it's so different than the other bosses. Then it's the first battle with Cubia(in part 2) and then Magus(in part 2) because it was also different when you had to kill the leaves before they explode.

And Kite, the episode was the one about Gardenia.

#8   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                • PipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:08 PM

I've been looking into buying those games because the Gamestop by my house has them pretty cheap. From what I'm reading, it sounds pretty good.

OK, but now i'm confused. When does SIGN take place? Before or after the game? Because I saw SIGN and I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

#9   Kewne 

• Lord
                  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:00 AM

It takes place before, you can meet the characters in the games, a "mini-game" in outbreak(part 3) is to find the characters in the towns.

#10   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                      • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:54 AM

i completely the first game, the end boss was an absolute b*****d and i started the second one to find it was exactly the same, so i decided i can't be bothered playing 4 games of the same thing so i traded them in for timesplitters.

#11   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

I still never finished the first one. It got pretty good near the end, but since I was borrowing it from my friend, I had to give it back, but i'll buy it for myself from EB games.

#12   loz 

• Knight
                        • PipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:33 PM

is it like mega man ?

Keep post above 5 words, constructive, and make them actually contribute in some way to the thread. - Agatio

now its above 5 XD lol j/k :o

#13   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

It isn't really like it, but it is really fun (almost like a real online game), and its easy to understand the battle system and once you start playing it can be addictive.

#14   Eothain 

• Berserker
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:56 PM

A couple of weeks ago I started watching this show on cartoon network...and really got into it...I already knew there were games for it, but most sites gave them pretty bad reviews...anyways, i thought the same of the anime prior to watching it...thought it was gonna be crappy...but turned out to be fairly entertaining...so i might just try the games as well.

#15   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:58 PM

You should, and since there not that new, they are pretty affordable.

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic