Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Heir Of Lemuria Includes Aquashipping (Piers/Mia)

#1   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:03 AM

Feel free to comment on this one... (I hope this is how I am gonna get reviews in this topic)

THE HEIR OF LEMURIA
    A GOLDEN SUN FIC

P.S : I’m assuming that… Fizz and Haze are female while Shade and Zephyr are male.

xxxx
    Chapter 1 : The Coup D’etat and Piers’ Departure.
    xxxx

“Conservato… I… I was wrong to trust you…”

Those were the last words of Hydros, King of Lemuria, as his senates, led by Conservato, raided his chamber and stabbed their blades to Hydros’ heart from behind. As they pulled their blades from the king’s body, the king fell to the ground slowly, blood gushing out from his body.

“You are a fool for a king. You certainly do not know how to rule a land.” Conservato said quite proudly. He then turned his back and ordered his fellow senates, “Spread the information ! King Hydros has been assassinated and he has handed over the rule of Lemuria to my hands !”

“Yes, Master Conservato !” The senates bowed to him and they immediately rushed to spread the passing of rule from Hydros to Conservato. As his fellow senates left, Conservato was alone. However, he began shaking and started to laugh slowly.

‘The power… the greatest power in Lemuria… now is in my hands !! Now this land belongs to me… and I’ll rule in my way, whether the people likes it or not I do not care ! This is my era…!’ As Conservato said that, slowly his laugh started to build up even greater, and he let out a loud laugh, “AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!”

And thus after that day, Conservato reigned as the King of Lemuria. However, his selfish heart made him not care of the development of Lemuria. Instead, he made it as his own paradise, ruling with iron fist, killing everyone who objects his judgment, and closes Lemuria even more from outsiders, as approaching Lemuria itself could cost the life of the outsider, not because of the Poseidon, but because of the Lemurian guards under Conservato’s orders. That’s not all. Even though Conservato trained his Lemuria soldiers highly in combat, they posed a great strength, but they always receive orders from Conservato, in form of invading and destroying other cities. One of its examples were Alfahra… And…

xxxx

The young Mercury Adept, Mia, was walking home in a snowy field to reach her home, Imil. In her journey, her faithful Mercury Djinni, Fizz, accompanied her. It has been quite awhile since her last battle along with her fellow Adepts, Isaac and Felix and their friends, to light the Mars Lighthouse. However, in her journey, she has developed a certain close feeling with another Water Adept, the Lemurian named Piers. Even when she walked to Imil, she still couldn’t forget him… both his kindness and bravery.

‘I hope Piers is okay…’ Mia thought as she eventually reached a familiar location… a certain road she was familiar with. Hugging her Djinni tighter, she said, “Fizz, we’re almost there ! To our home…”

“Grbbhh grrrbbgggh…” Fizz could only let out muffled grumbles, as Mia was hugging her too tight. She was probably thinking, ‘Mia, your hug is killing me…’

Suddenly, Mia released her to the ground. Bouncing for awhile, she grumbled, “All right, that was really suffocating you know, Mia…? Huh ? Mia ?” Fizz’s question remained unanswered as Mia just froze there in horror. “No… this… this can’t be true…!” she muttered as tears flowed down from her eyes. Fizz for once bothered to look on the direction Mia was facing. Of course, the vision horrified her as well…

Mia’s hometown, Imil, was on fire. But it was no normal fire. Both Mia and Fizz could also hear screams of pain caused by the poor villagers, as it was raided by certain people with bluish hair similar to hers. As the chaos in the town ended, Imil was reduced to nothing more than a bunch of rubbles.

Even though she’s saddened deeply, Mia gathered all her courage and walked through the ruins of the town. “This… this is too horrible to be the truth…” she muttered as she walked along the ruins of houses. Just then, she came upon the church she used to attend, when she was a healer in Imil, before she met Isaac and started her journey. She was still really sad on the current tragedy.

“Uh…” However, as she heard a faint cry, she began to gain some hopes. Mia rushed to the source and found her former student, Justin, lying down on the ground, dying. “Justin ! Justin ! Hang on ! It’s me, Mia ! Please be okay !” Mia begged on him, shaking his body lightly. The boy opened his eyes, but he didn’t have much time to live.

“M… Mia…” He began saying his last words, “Le… Lemur…ians… they…” Just after that, he said nothing more and fell unconscious once more. “This wound is too heavy… I hope I’m not too late. Pure Ply !” Mia yelled as she let out her spell and a fairy flew down, letting out healing stars from her wings. But Justin didn’t wake up.

“Fizz, please help me !” Mia begged her Djinni, but she shook her small head and said, “Sorry to tell you this, Mia. I wish I could help, but… he’s dead.”

“No… you lie…” Mia said in heartbreak. She suddenly raised her Djinni and grabbed its fur from the front. “You lie ! Tell me that you’re just joking !” “If I’m about to joke, this is not the time, Mia.” Fizz answered, “I… -cough- I am not lying !”

“No…” Mia then let her grip go and she sank to her knees and she started to sob and sniff uncontrollably. Her home… destroyed in front of her own eyes… It was a truly painful blow for her… and it is natural that she cried greatly over this.

In the next day, Mia arranged the burial for everyone in the town. As she left in sadness, she began thinking the last words of Justin. ‘Justin mentioned about Lemurians… What are they thinking… why are they attacking Imil…?’

At that point, she suddenly remembered the Lemurian that helped her… Piers. ‘Maybe Piers can help me. I need to find him… Last time I saw him, he’s around Vale, helping rebuilding it…’ As she thought that, Mia set her journey to the shores of Vale, hoping that Piers’ ship was still docked there…

xxxx

Piers has been helping Isaac and the others to rebuild Vale ever since that fateful battle. It was a hard work, but he managed to complete it. Vale was as good as new.

‘Now then… what to do…’ Piers wondered as he stood near the Psynergy Stone on the village entrance. He was thinking for alternatives. Should he stay here for awhile in Vale ? Or maybe return to Lemuria ? But he was certain he was banished… so he cancelled that alternative. Or maybe… do more journeys ? But if he would go, who else will accompany him ?

Just then, he was confronted with his loyal Djinni… The Mercury Djinni Shade. He was carrying a piece of paper. “Hey, Piers.” Shade started, hopping to his arms as he carried him, “There’s a letter for you. I got this from a bird outside.”

“A letter for me ?” Piers wondered as he received the letter and read it. However… what’s inside the letter shocked him…

‘Piers…

While you’re away, we’ve been facing a very dark time here in Lemuria… You might not believe what I said, but it’s truth… King Hydros has been slain… Conservato said that someone has assassinated him but I certainly do not believe that. But what matters the most here is now that His Majesty is no more, Conservato has reigned as the King of Lemuria and he ruled with an iron fist and tyranny. We, citizens of Lemuria, have been suffering ever since. None dared to oppose him… except a small group of people truly supporting Hydros, like your uncle and me. We’ve been hiding from Conservato’s rule, and we await the day to overthrow the tyrant Conservato. However… we do not have enough manpower to execute such task, as Conservato has been observing us Lemurians before Hydros’ death. But you were banished before all this happened, I am sure Conservato won’t be expecting you. So, I implore you, Piers. Please return to Lemuria and save it from the tyrant.

Unfortunately, Conservato has applied a new law to not allow non-Lemurians to enter. And therefore, I am sorry to tell you this, but you cannot bring Lord Felix or his friends along with you. Please understand it… Posthaste, Piers. The fate of Lemuria is in your hand…

From Lunpa.’

Upon finishing to read it, Piers couldn’t say a word. He just put the letter in his pocket and went off, heading outside. “Let’s go, Shade… Lemuria needs us…” he called his Djinni as the Djinni hopped following him.

Unknown to him, two other Jupiter Djinn have been spying upon him in the shadows. “He’s gone and I think I’m done, Zephyr.” One of the Djinni said, and the other one, Zephyr, replied, “All right, Haze. What does the letter say ?”

“It’s… really dire.” Haze answered, “Better get back to Ivan and Sheba, and I’ll tell you.”

Haze then deactivated her power, making them visible again. They both flew to their masters, the Wind Adepts, Ivan and Sheba. “Well, what’s with Piers ?” Ivan started. Zephyr then began his report, “On daily basis, I think he’s just wondering what to do next… but Haze found him reading a letter he got from Shade… and he just left… saying that Lemuria needs them…”

“Huh ? What happened in Lemuria ?” Sheba asked in confusion, and Haze started, “From what I gathered… the letter said that King Hydros of Lemuria has been slain, and Senate Conservato took over him and ruled with tyranny. Piers was asked to help it alone.”

“Eh !? Without our help !?” Ivan said in shock and Zephyr nodded in confirmation. ‘What’s gonna happen to him if he’s all alone like that…?’

“Ivan…” Sheba said, drawing kinda closer to Ivan, and started another question, “Should we… tell Isaac or Felix about this ?”

xxxx

‘I knew it from the beginning… Conservato isn’t someone worth trusting…’ Piers thought as he went up the gangplank of his Lemurian ship, which is located just outside Vale, along with his faithful Djinni. ‘But there was nothing I could do that time… I was in no position to object King Hydros…’

‘But even though I have been banished… Lemuria is my homeland and if Conservato has been defiling it with his tyranny, I must save my homeland…’ As Piers thought that, he proceeded to pull the gangplank. But before he pulled the lever, he cancelled… as someone suddenly ran on the gangplank, going up… Mia.

“Wait, Piers !” Mia let out as she quickened her speed. Eventually as she reached the main deck, she gasped for air, tired. “What brings you here, Mia ?” Piers gently asked, but he suddenly stopped as he saw tears dropping from Mia’s eyes.

“Tell me, Piers…” Mia sniffed, “Why… why do the Lemurians have to destroy my hometown, Imil ?” “Imil… destroyed by Lemurians !?” Piers said in shock. As he was banished from Lemuria, he had no idea on how the politics went on the city itself. But judging from the letter he got, he got an idea…

“It… could be regarding on Conservato… He must be the one ordering the attack.” Piers said. But, Mia has never been in Lemuria, so she asked, “Conservato ? Who’s that ?” Piers had no choice but to tell everything he knew about Conservato and how he rose to power and threw Lemuria into chaos.

“Oh…” Mia just gasped, never wanting to believe such thing. Piers shook his head and said, “This is my business… And the letter decreed that I have to go alone. So… Mia, please…” Piers’ word were suddenly cut as Mia interrupted, “I’m coming with you, Piers.”

“Huh !?” Piers said in shock, and Mia continued, “I have to go ! I have to know why would this Conservato raided Imil ! And if necessary… I’ll… I’ll have to make him pay.”

“But…!” Piers tried to object once more, but Mia begged more, “Please, Piers ! If… if something happened to you… I… I…” As she said that, she almost broke down sobbing again, but she tried to stay strong. Piers took a deeper look on her, and when he noticed her hair, he has an idea.

“… All right, I think if it’s you who’s coming, I can let it be.” Piers said, “But… in order for you to enter Lemuria, you need to follow my instructions.”

“What will it be ?” Mia asked softly, and Piers started, “Well in the new law by Conservato… non-Lemurians are not allowed in. But your hair… it looks quite similar to mine, blue like the Lemurians. So I guess you can pose as a fellow Lemurian I found…”

“That’s fine. I think I can do it.” Mia nodded her head. And Piers continued, “Conservato must be aware of our previous quest to lit the lighthouses. So, I think you also need… a fake name.”

“Fake name… Let’s see…” Mia thought deep for a name, and after thinking for quite long, she finally came up with one, “What about Marina ?” “Marina ? Hmm…” Piers then gave a thought about it. Eventually, he realized that most of the Lemurians are proficient with Water and the name Marina has some connection with water. “All right then. Your fake name will be Marina.” Piers confirmed.

“Well then, I guess we should be going.” Piers then gathered his Psynergy and activated his Hover Psynergy to make the Lemurian ship fly. Heading to the ocean, he set his destination to the Sea of Time… What awaits the two Mercury Adepts in their quest to free Lemuria from tyranny…?

xxxx
    To be Continued
    xxxx

#2   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:38 AM

Okay. Chapter 2 is here. I repeat... FEEL FREE TO COMMENT HERE IN THIS TOPIC !!

xxxx
      Chapter 2 : Arrival at Lemuria
      xxxx

As time passed, Piers and Mia continued to sail to the Sea of Time. In a morning, around 4 AM, eventually they reached the entrance of the Sea of Time. Piers knew what to do and he woke up from his bed, in order to navigate the ships throughout the whirlpools. Before leaving the room, he looked at Mia, who was sleeping in the same room, different bed. Looking at her gave him a somewhat calm feeling. He smiled and left without saying a word, to the deck.

Concentrating his Psynergy, Piers controlled the Lemurian ship going through whirlpools. It was a hard work, but he endured it well. The darkness in the Sea of Time, the danger of crashing through rock, he faced them all without fear… for he has a mission to do and he has to ensure his survival… as well as Mia’s safety too.

Eventually, Piers arrived at a calm water area, with three volcanoes in a triangle formation. He remembered the place, ‘This… this was my battlefield before… against that monster Poseidon…’ Remembering that it was a harsh, hard battle, even with the help of Felix and the others, fear began to struck Piers, as he’s now alone, and even if Mia helped, it won’t be enough. But he realized his duty and stood still, carrying the Trident that was formerly located on the corner of the deck. ‘There is no turning back…’ he thought.

However, after several minutes waiting, the Poseidon didn’t rise from the water. “Huh ?” Piers said in confusion… why did the mythical sea beast continue to sleep even though someone approached him ? Piers decided to push his luck and sailed forth. To his surprise, even after he exited the Sea of Time, not even a sign of Poseidon was sensed. ‘Well I ought to consider myself lucky…’

The course was clear, and the path to Lemuria is right in front of him. ‘I guess it’s time to wake her up.’ Piers thought as he entered the ship interior, trying to get Mia.

“Mia, it’s morning and we almost arrived…” Piers said as he opened the room where she was sleeping, “Would you please…” He suddenly stopped as he saw what happened with Mia. She wasn’t exactly having the nicest sleep on that bed. She was squirming her head a lot and sweating heavily.

“No… No…! Please… stop it…” Mia whimpered in her sleep, still squirming. Piers became worried and he rushed to her, sitting on her bed and called her, “Mia ! Are you all right !? Mia !”

“Don’t… NOOO !!” Finally Mia screamed as she immediately got up from the bed and as she sat down, she was breathing heavily.

“Mia, what happened ? Did you… got a nightmare…?” Piers asked slowly. Mia began to sob and suddenly, she buried her face in Piers’ shoulder and hugged him, crying, “Piers… Oh… It… it was a nightmare but… it’s a really painful nightmare…!”

“What did you dream of ?” Piers asked once more, and Mia started as she sniffed, “I… I was in Imil… Everything was nice and all. Until suddenly, Lemurians came and raided the town… killing everyone in front of my eyes… And… and I could do nothing to prevent it… I’m so scared… and sad…”

“… Don’t worry about it, Mia… It’s just a dream.” Piers tried to calm her by tapping her back softly, “We’re almost there… to Lemuria. Soon, everything behind the attack on Imil will be revealed. I’m sure.”

“And… maybe it was my fault that you got that nightmare…” Piers said as Mia slowly stopped crying, “If only… if only I was by your side that time… you might just be able to forget the nightmare… I’m sorry.”

“It’s… it’s all right, Piers.” Mia answered softly, “You did your best to control the ship. I can say no more about it… If you didn’t control the ship that well, we might not be able to get past the Sea of Time…”

“Thank you.” Piers said as he smiled and closed his eyes gently. He then got up, and said, “We should be arriving at Lemuria soon. Let’s go.”

xxxx

They eventually reached the gate of Lemuria. Upon approaching the gate, the two guards approached them and said, “Hold it right there. Under the new law…”

“I am a Lemurian” Piers said, “And I believe the new law permits Lemurians to go in once more ?”

“… Is… is that really you ?” One of the guards started, “… Piers ?”

“Why, yes. I am Piers, you should have known.” Piers answered the guard sternly, and the guards squealed in joy, “I knew it ! We’ve been waiting for you, Piers !”

“Why wait for me ? I thought… I’m an exile ?” Piers asked the guards, and one of them answered, “Um… Let me begin.”

“We’re under the orders of Lunpa to let you in. You see… we’re the supporters of Hydros. We got a special request from Lunpa to let you in, while refusing all outsiders, or non-Lemurians… So, please come in.”

“Hmm… Very well.” Piers said, and then he looked at Mia, and said, “But she’s coming in too.”

“Who is she ?” The guard asked. And Piers began thinking really fast for a good background for Mia as a Lemurian. Eventually, he figured it out rather quickly, and said “She’s a Lemurian named Marina. I found her during my journey as an exile. She belonged to a family of Lemuria in the past, but her parents threw her away to the sea…”

“So… um, Marina.” The guards turned to Mia and looked at her as one of them asked, “Might I ask you why you are not wearing a native Lemurian costume ?”

“Um…” Mia then began thinking the most sensible answer, and she eventually knew what she needed to say, “During my journey with Piers… my native Lemurian costume got torn apart. And Piers didn’t have any spare ones… That’s why I’ve been wearing this until now.”

“… Okay then.” One of them said, “You may come in with Piers.”

“Thank you !” Mia said as she politely bowed, showing her gratitude. Piers nodded to her and said, “Let’s go in then. I’ll lead you to Lunpa’s house.”

xxxx

Upon entering Lunpa’s house, Piers were greeted by his uncle as well as Lunpa. “It’s been awhile… Uncle… and Lunpa.” Piers greeted them. “Why yes it is, Piers. Who is that lady next to you ?” His uncle asked, looking at Mia.

“Um… my name is Mia… oops !” Mia suddenly stopped in shock, putting her hand in front of her mouth. ‘Oh no… my secret identity !’ she thought in fear. However, Lunpa laughed and said, “It’s all right. If you are truly one of the Adepts that helped to lit the Lighthouses, then we can trust you.”

“Oh… wait.” Mia said, looking at Lunpa, “You look familiar… I think I saw you before… Dodonpa perhaps ?” “Dodonpa ? You mean my misguided grandson ?” Lunpa asked her and continued, “Lady Mia. Perhaps you forgot that in Lemuria, time passes slower than in the outside world. That’s why I might look just like my grandson out there.”

“So… why did you bring me here ?” Piers asked sternly as all of them sat on chairs surrounding a square table. Piers was sitting next to Mia, while Lunpa sat next to Piers’ uncle. Lunpa then answered, “Well, we’re in need of good Psynergy power to perform our operation to uncover the truth behind the death of Hydros. And the only one we can trust is you, Piers.”

“Uncover the death of Hydros ?” Piers asked, and Lunpa continued, “Many believed that someone assassinated him. But with someone like Conservato around, we cannot be sure.” As Lunpa said that, he reached his pocket and let out a gem, and continued, “With the help of your uncle we managed to invent this gem… It’s called Memory Gem. When activated, it will project what happened in the past in a certain room. It can only store one memory and the memory can be called any time we like, but we cannot store new memories or replace the current memory. However…”

“In order to use the Memory Gem, we need a sheer amount of Psynergy… and our Psynergies combined are not enough.” Piers’ uncle said, “And that is why we need you to use this Memory Gem…”

“So… you want me to go to the castle and use the Gem to uncover the truth ?” Piers asked both of them and his uncle nodded and said, “Correct.” However, he then looked at Mia and said, “Hm. You both look close. Piers, don’t tell me… you’ve been hitting her ?”

Hearing that, both Piers and Mia blushed rather heavily, but Piers cut it out and said, “Oh, for Hydros’ sake, Uncle ! I never hit any girls !” “You really look like your father, you know.” His uncle continued, “Very sweet mouthed with women. Supported with that good looks of yours, I’m surprised that you haven’t wooed any woman…”

“Could you just cut this crap, uncle !?” Piers said, even though he’s still blushing, as well as Mia. However, Lunpa suddenly approached Mia, and asked, “Milady… why have you come here ?”

“Um, you can just call me Mia.” Mia said as her blush started to vanish, “I… I came here because Lemurians destroyed my hometown, Imil… I want to know who is behind the attack.”

Hearing that, Lunpa hung his head low and said, “… I once heard about Conservato planning to destroy every outer towns that pissed him off… One of them must be Imil… But I do not know what was wrong with the town that it invigorates his wrath.”

Mia gasped in horror. Her hometown… destroyed for no apparent reason. She was extremely saddened in this as she held Piers’ arm in sorrow. Knowing what happened to her, Piers’ uncle decided not to tease them for now.

“… So, do you have any plans for seeking the truth behind Hydros’ death ?” Piers tried to switch back to the main subject, “I believe that charging recklessly would be stupid.” Lunpa nodded and said, “We have one. But it also requires you.”

“Tomorrow night, it appears that everyone from the House of Senate will be called for a meeting in the castle.” Lunpa started, “Someone should sneak there, and activate a switch located in the top floor. It will open a hidden path in front of the Fountain of Lemuria and the path will lead to the back of the castle, near Hydros’ room, now Conservato’s room. Piers, you should go to through the path, carry the Memory Gem along and sneak to the room, and use it there. Afterwards…”

Lunpa then put out a Lapis gem, and he handed it to Piers, “This is a special Teleport Lapis invented by your uncle. It will only teleport you to my house, unlike the usual Teleport Lapis. Use it immediately after you gathered the important memories.”

“Of course, we cannot do this with you alone.” Lunpa said, “The problem of the switch in the House of Senate is that after a certain time duration, it will immediately close again. We need someone else to pull that switch and you can go in.”

“… I’ll do it.” Mia said suddenly. Lunpa then asked her, “Are you sure ? Rumors say that the Senate placed a monster to guard that switch.” “I don’t mind ! I… I want to help too.” Mia replied back, “Conservato destroyed my hometown. Then I’ll do everything to oppose him. I have to make him pay.”

“… Well to put it bluntly this plan might be crucial for overthrowing Conservato.” Lunpa said, “If my hunch is true, then the plan will work well. Otherwise we’ll have to resort to another plan.” “What’s your hunch if I may ask ?” Piers asked him, and Lunpa answered, “I got a hunch that… Conservato was the one who murdered Hydros… But I’m not sure. That’s why we have to make it sure.”

“Anyway, Mia. If that’s how you would like to do it, then you go to the switch.” Lunpa began his briefing on Mia, “Use the window to see if we have arrived or not. If we have arrived, you should move a lamp that I’ll give you later in a circle to notify us that you’re ready. If we haven’t arrived, wait until we arrive and we give you the same notification. After either of that, activate the switch, and quickly run back to this house.”

“Now… both I and Piers will go through the back of the castle. I’ll prepare something for you to be able to climb to the royal room.” Lunpa stated, “Don’t worry, I’m still a skilled thief. I can do things like that no problem.”

“Anyway.” Lunpa continued, “After that, I’ll distract the guards so they stay away from that room. Piers, you use that chance to use the Memory Gem. After you’re done, use my Teleport Lapis to go back to my house, as the entrance to the secret path should have been locked by that time.”

“So… I guess that’s all ?” Piers asked. Lunpa nodded in agreement. Then he said, “It’s getting late. Why don’t you two sleep here with us ?”

Piers and Mia nodded and they got up. They soon were escorted by Lunpa to a small room with small beds. It was there that they spent their night for their operation tomorrow… Will they succeed ?

xxxx
      To be Continued
      xxxx

#3   blade 

• Squire
      • Pip
        • Interests:The normal stuff

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

I wont say its bad.it rocks.to bad about the imil fire though.mia is my favorite golden sun charater.I wouldn'tlike to see her crushesd when she found out

#4   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

NJB : I am so glad for the review here, blade. But I'll love it if you comment more. As always, to the others out there, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT !!

xxxx
          Chapter 3 : The Truth Behind
          xxxx

“Piers… my dear…”

“Who’s there ?” Piers looked around in a black dimension where he was located… a dream dimension to be exact. But there’s nobody there. “Piers…” The voice continued to echo. Piers was silent. ‘The voice somehow sounded so familiar… But whose voice could it be ?’ he thought as he looked around and let out once more, “Who are you ?”

Just then, in front of Piers, a figure materialized… A fine Lemurian woman with blue hair and white dress. Piers couldn’t believe his eyes, but he instantly recognized the figure, “M… mother ?”

“You have really grown, Piers.” His mother spoke, “And matured too. I am proud of you.”

“I missed you mother…” Piers also started, “I… I still regret that day… that day when you passed away. I wasn’t there… I should’ve…” “It’s all right, my son.” Piers’ mother cut him off, “All that matters is that you’re alive and well. That is all…”

“Mother…” he once again called her, and she spoke once more, putting her hand to his shoulder, “You have taken great lengths to save the world in your quest to lit the Lighthouses. And now… regarding to this mission to recover Lemuria… you must keep going too…”

“I know, mother…” Piers nodded, and afterwards, his mother hugged him, and said, “Remember this… I will always support you. You are never alone… both in your mind… and in the world…” Piers smiled as he returned the hug to his mother. However…

“Aah !” A scream of a certain girl woke Piers up. And when he woke up, he was already hugging someone… Mia.

“Piers, what are you doing ?! Let me go !” Mia shouted, and Piers let her go instantly. But as soon as he looked at Mia, he somehow received a slight vision of his mother. “Mother…? Are you…”

“Um… mother ? Piers, are you sure you’re okay ?” Mia returned to her soft voice and made Piers regained his senses. “Mia ? Well, sorry about that. I must be hallucinating…”

“What’s with your mother ?” Mia asked, “What does she have to do with me ?” Piers hung his head and said, “My mother… is dead. Before I met you… I visited Lemuria… and found out that she has passed away because of worrying about me too much…”

“I… I’m sorry to hear that. I shouldn’t have…” Mia tried to apologize, but Piers continued nevertheless, “I know. I got over it somehow. But when the first time I saw you in Jupiter Lighthouse, Mia…”

“I… I somewhat thought that you really looked like my late mother, only younger.” Piers continued, “And you know… Ever since that day… I have been willing to protect you ever since. If I fail… I might once again face the painful memories of my mother’s death…” Hearing Piers’ tale, Mia slightly blushed and let out a small smile. She never thought that Piers cared this much for her…

“Well. Tonight’s the operation day. We better get ready for it.” Piers said as he got up from his bed and started stepping out from the room, followed by Mia.

xxxx
          That night…
          xxxx

The Senate left their head house to gather for a discussion with Conservato in the castle. Only one man was assigned to guard the front gate, and the other guards were asleep inside. The guards patrolled around the main door. Just then, he saw something moving in front of him.

“Who’s there !?” The guard shouted as he moved approaching the intruder to the main gate. At the main gate, he took a nearby candle and lit up his path, revealing the intruder. It turned out to be a Djinni… Fizz, to be exact.

“Oh just a little critter… Shoo !” The guard moved his hand, annoyed, signaling for the Djinni to go away. Unknown to him, a shadow of a female emerged behind him, and suddenly…

THWACK !!

The guard felt like someone hit him from behind on his head. The smash was quite strong that he fell unconscious. The shadow moved forward and took the candle… revealing herself as Mia.

“Good work, Fizz.” Mia nodded to her Djinni with a smile, “Now you can leave the rest to me.” But the Djinni hopped several times in a worry and said, “Mia, I just got a bad feeling about this… How about if I…” “Don’t worry about me ! I’ll be fine !” Mia tried to ensure her Djinni, and she moved inside the house…

The house has been renovated ever since Piers’ last visit to Lemuria. It now has three levels. Mia moved slowly, advancing through the house levels, as she somehow predicted that they would lay some more guards to sleep in the house. Until finally she faced the rumored monster that guarded the switch she was supposed to pull… which turned out to be nothing more than a mere Kobold.

‘They have got to be kidding. They sent a weak monster like this to guard this place ?’ Mia thought. As she expected, the kobold was a weak monster for her strength. As she dodged each blows, she raised her staff and whispered, “Ice Missile…!” With that, Mia sent out missiles of ice from her staff, all striking the Kobold, and it fell to the ground, defeated with a spell with such power to it.

“All right. Now the final touch.” Mia mumbled as she moved forward to the switch. As Lunpa told her, there’s a window nearby. When she looked outside, she saw Piers and Lunpa standing outside. Mia then took a device from her pocket and moved her hand in a circular motion in front of the window, and the device sent out a light that was seen to the two men.

“There’s the signal, Piers. Get ready.” Lunpa said, and Piers nodded. He gave a thumb up to Mia, and she happened to see it with her light device. She then pulled the switch, and an underground entrance was revealed in front of Piers and Lunpa. Both nodded each other and they ran into the underground entrance.

“My duty is done here. I should return.” Mia said as she moved away, trying to exit the house. But, suddenly, the wall moved and created a barrier in front of her, trapping her inside the switch room. “Oh no…!” Mia gasped as she frantically search for a hidden exit on the wall, but it was no use. ‘So… the Kobold was just a decoy ! The main guard of this house is actually someone else…’ she thought.

Suddenly, something was dropped from the ceiling. It was just a certain ball. And suddenly, it began spewing out green gas to the surrounding environment. Mia tried to prevent the gas to enter her nose or mouth as she closed them with her hands. But the gas penetrated through her hands, and as she coughed, the gas also entered her eyes, and her vision and mind began to haze.

‘No… not here… I cannot be caught here…’ Mia thought as the effect of the gas began to take her up even more. She fell to her knees and her arms felt so weak that she could not cover her mouth or nose anymore.

‘Piers…’ that was her last thought before she eventually collapsed to the ground, and she started to lose her consciousness. Before she completely lost it, she felt like someone else was carrying her away…

xxxx

Meanwhile, Piers and Lunpa eventually arrived at the back of the castle. Lunpa pulled out a long rope from his belt and said, “All right, Piers, you wait here.” Lunpa then used his incredible skill to make a jump to the window, which he knew as the location of Hydros’ room. He looked at the room first and nodded, as he thought, ‘There’s no mistake. This is supposed to be His Highness’ room… I can’t believe Conservato forgot to remove that picture of him !’

He then tied the rope to a small post located on the ground and sent the rope down from the window. He then moved out, and gestured to Piers, signaling the time to go. Piers nodded and climbed the rope and in the same time, Lunpa used the small wave of bricks planted on the outer wall nearby to climb to the other window.

As Piers arrived at the room, he then heard several yells, some by Lunpa, some by soldiers… “Catch me if you can, nimrods !” “Hey ! Where the hell is that suspicious guy doing !” “Get him ! Or His Majesty will have our head in the plate !”

“His Highness would never do THAT on his subordinates…” Piers mumbled, as he pulled out the Memory Gem from his pocket, “All right. Time to use this.”

Holding out the Memory Gem and concentrating his Psynergy, Piers called forth the power of the gem, and he suddenly felt like he was transported somewhere else… in some sort of alternate dimension…

xxxx

Piers found himself in the same room… and Hydros was there, alive and well. “Your Highness…” Piers called him, but Hydros didn’t reply, as if Piers wasn’t there all along. Suddenly, as Hydros turned back, the door opened forcefully and five men entered the room… Five Senates. One of them was Conservato.

“Conservato…!” Piers growled in disgust, but nobody could hear him. “What’s the meaning of this, Conservato ?” Hydros asked him. Conservato stepped forward and said, “Your days are over, Hydros ! The land is mine now !”

“Ho. Trying to usurp my throne, aren’t you ?” Hydros replied, “Are you not satisfied with my reign ? I gave you enough freedom and a high position as a Senate. Are that not enough of you ?”

“Shut up ! This has nothing to do with my position !” Conservato scoffed back, “I just got sick with your indecisive rule that favors the weak ! I don’t like your attitude ! It sickens me !” “Well, care to give me examples of things I do that makes you sick ?” Hydros asked him once more, and Conservato said once more, “You trusted the people that shouldn’t be trusted ! Just like that Lunpa and Piers ! You dishonored me a lot of times, especially in front of those non-Lemurians ! You… you…!”

“Ugh, no matter how it is, we always seem to be conflicting ideas each other.” Conservato calmed down a little, and continued, “And I know the only way to prevent it. That is, if you are dead !”

“Hmph. Let me tell you one thing, Conservato.” Hydros said, “If you only think of Lemuria or yourself, you can never be a good king. You are part of Lemuria and Lemuria is part of the world. If you don’t care about the world, as you reacted in front of Felix and the others, you are nothing but a self-centered person. And Lemuria does not need a self centered king.”

“Shut up ! I’ve had enough with your babblings… Hydros, now you die !” Conservato shouted in anger, and he moved his hand forward, ordering his men to strike, “Attack ! Kill him !”

However, Hydros wasn’t exactly the typical weak old man. Within him lies an enormous strength. As two Senates tried to punch him, he simply grabbed their arms, and tossed them backwards. More senates tried to strike him with kicks, but Hydros nimbly dodged them. Even when surrounded, Hydros could fare pretty well with them. Piers can only watch as he saw his former King in action. “You’re truly remarkable, Your Highness…” He commented.

However, Conservato was plotting something else. Eventually as Hydros was taking care of the four Senates, Conservato suddenly pulled a knife from his dress and rushed when Hydros was not looking. “Your Highness, LOOK OUT !!” Piers tried to warn him, but as usual, nobody listened to him. But somehow, Hydros realized what happened and for a moment, he noticed Conservato rushing to him with his knife ready. But it was all too late for him…

The knife was impaled deeply to the chest of Hydros. It also penetrated through his heart and blood came out in a huge amount from the wound and his mouth. “Conservato…” Hydros weakly muttered, “I… I was wrong… to trust you…” As he said that, Conservato pulled out his knife and Hydros collapsed to the ground, dead. “No…! YOUR HIGHNESS !!” Piers screamed, witnessing the death of his respected King. Just then, his vision started to blur.

xxxx

When Piers could see clearly again, he was back to the reality. No more Hydros’ corpse, no more fighting. He looked at his Memory Gem and tried to draw Psynergy to it once more. But nothing happened. He then tried to push a small button on its side. But… all that happened was a short image of the moments of Hydros’ death.

“Now I understand…” Piers muttered, “Lunpa’s hunch was right. Conservato is the true murderer of His Highness…”

“Oh well, time to return back.” As Piers said that, he put his memory gem back and unleashed the special Teleport Lapis instead. Concentrating himself, he used the item and he suddenly vanished from the room…

xxxx

In Lunpa’s home, Piers re-appeared in the second floor. His uncle and Lunpa has been waiting for him. “You came back, Piers !” His uncle greeted him, “So, how did it go ?”

“… Lunpa was right. Here’s the true murderer of His Highness.” Piers said as he let out his Memory Gem. Pressing the button, the Gem played the events where Hydros was murdered. Both looked in awe… an awe of anger.

“I knew it ! I knew that stuck-up senile old politician is the culprit behind this !” Piers’ uncle exclaimed. Piers nodded and said to Lunpa, “So, Lunpa. Are you sure people will believe this if we show them ?”

“Yes.” Lunpa nodded, “When creating it, we set the time so it only takes image several hours before Conservato’s announcement about His Highness’ death. So there’s no mistake.”

“Lunpa… I have another question.” Piers said once more, and Lunpa immediately answered, “Oh, you wanna know how I’m gonna make people understand how it works ? Don’t worry, I got it under control.”

“Not that, Lunpa.” Piers corrected him, “Where’s Mia ?”

“Mia ? Hmmm…” Lunpa was silent for awhile, and so does Piers’ Uncle. Eventually, he spoke, “Mia hasn’t returned… I wonder what happened to her ? It’s getting late.”

“Oh no…” Piers started to have a bad feeling. ‘What happened to Mia ? What if… what if something bad happened to her ? And I am supposed to protect her…!’ “Damn it !” Piers wasted no more words afterwards and he suddenly stormed off, getting out of the house. “Wait, Piers !” His uncle called out, but Lunpa stopped him. “Leave this to Piers… This has got to be a personal problem for him…”

‘Please be safe, Mia… Please be safe…!’ Piers hoped as he rushed to the House of Senate. He quickly made it to the top floor where the switch room. However, as he entered, nobody was there… Even the Kobold has disappeared.

“Mia…?” Piers called out, but there was no reply. “Mia…!” he called louder this time as he walked, but still no reply. Suddenly, his feet touched something… He looked down and suddenly saw a wand on the ground. He picked it up, and he suddenly recognized it…

“Nebula Wand…” He muttered, “This is the weapon Mia was carrying just before…” He then came up to a conclusion, “That means… they captured her… Damn it…!” As he said that, tears slowly dropped from his eyes as he gritted his teeth and his body began to tremble, tightening his grip to the wand, regretting his lack of attention that let the one he wanted to protect to be captured…

“Mia…!”

xxxx
          To be Continued
          xxxx

#5   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:22 AM

No reviews for the third chapter ? That's... mean. ^_^ But, you guys are still free to comment away

THE HEIR OF LEMURIA
            A GOLDEN SUN FIC

xxxx
            Chapter 4 : Consumed By Rage
            xxxx

“Uh…”

“My king ! We caught an intruder in the house of Senate !”

The words of the soldiers awakened Mia from her unconsciousness. She learned that she’s taken into some sort of throne room. She felt like two strong hands were holding her arms. However, as she further noticed, she still couldn’t move even her wrists. Upon further inspection, she found out that her hands were tied behind her back on her wrists and below her elbows with some sort of rope. But that wasn’t all of that. Her legs were also tied on her ankles, knees and thighs, with the same rope. Finally, the same rope also tied her body on her shoulders and waists, between her breasts, pinning her arms together. Before she could do anything else, she was suddenly pushed forward, and she fell down kneeling, as she let out a little shriek, “Ah…!”

‘It’s just a normal rope. Maybe I can untie myself if I concentrated my Psynergy…’ Mia thought as she started concentrating. But, her Psynergy power won’t respond to her, no matter how hard she concentrated.

“It’s useless.” A voice of an old man echoed, “Those ropes were enchanted with the Psynergy Bind. In short, as long as you’re tied with that rope, you’ll never be able to use your Psynergy.”

Mia looked above, and he saw an old man with majestic brown robe in front of the throne. Several men with brown hoods also stood near him. Looking at the majestic robe, Mia then spoke, “Are you… Conservato ?”

“I am honored that you remember my name.” The old man in majestic robe said, “I am the King of Lemuria, Conservato. You’d be best to remember that name well, Marina… or should I say Mia ?”

Mia gasped in shock hearing that. Piers’ disguise on her could be said very logical and perfect. But how could it be leaked to him ? “How did you see through it !?” She asked once more. Conservato then sat on his throne and said, “I collected information on who entered Lemuria yesterday. I have lived long enough here in Lemuria. And if some parents ever thought to throw their child away, they would’ve told me. I’ve received two reports like that, but I never heard about parents throwing away a female child. So far I only got reports about male children.”

“And you… you came with that fool, Piers…” Conservato continued, “And ever since that day when Felix and his group, including Piers, lit the Lighthouses and unleashed Alchemy… I’ve been receiving reports about the other people who helped them… And your description fits one of his companions… Mia the Mercury Adept from Imil !”

Hearing the word Imil, Mia then leaned forward, although the soldiers suddenly halted her by pointing their swords in front of her neck. “Tell me…” Mia started, “Why… why did you destroy Imil ? What have my hometown done wrong to you ?”

“Why did I destroy Imil ? Ha ! Good question !” Conservato answered, “I always had a dream… a dream where Lemuria reigned supreme as the ruler of the entire Weyard ! But thanks to my position of Senate, I couldn’t do such thing as Hydros always got in the way. So I killed him and became the king.”

“Under my rule… I strengthened the military strength of Lemuria… sometimes by using the people’s money to fund it too. And when I’m ready, I decided to strike the first attack.” Conservato continued, “Alfahra was my first target, and do you know why I picked Imil as my target ? Because… because I feel like it !”

Mia gritted her teeth in anger. Imil, her beloved hometown, has been destroyed for just a selfish reason of some mad former senate… Not only that, his ambition sickened her too. But, Conservato still continued, “Well then… My next target is probably… Vale. Thanks to the vanishing of Sol Sanctum… It should be an easy picking for us !”

At this time, Mia almost couldn’t contain her anger. Now this man was trying to destroy something that her friends have been trying to restore as she wished to pay a visit to her hometown… As her body trembled, Mia spoke slowly, “Conservato… I usually do not like doing this… but…”

“YOU ARE THE MOST SICKENING PERSON I HAVE EVER MET !!” Unable to contain her anger, Mia shouted rather loudly, and disrespectfully too. Some soldiers pressed the blunt sides of their spear, trying to threaten Mia, but she still continued on, “You disgust me ! As much as Alex disgusted me !!”

“I don’t care what you’re doing… But Piers will come rescue me and put a stop to your sick ambition !” Mia yelled even more, and Conservato has been annoyed ever since her first shout. He then commanded his men, “Is there any way to shut her up !?”

“You…!” Mia tried to speak more, but suddenly a rag was stuffed into her mouth by a soldier and a thick white cloth were suddenly circled around her mouth, gagging her mouth. As she let out muffled words, for once Conservato got up from his throne and approached her instead.

“So, you think that fool Piers will save you…?” Conservato said as he lifted up Mia’s chin with his finger, “Well, dear. I have a surprise for him… A surprise that he’ll never forget !”

“Mmmff ?” Mia couldn’t help but try to ask what he’s scheming. But suddenly, Mia let out another muffled shriek as a punch from Conservato landed on her stomach. She was slowly losing consciousness, but she did hear something before she completely lost it…

“Imprison her… We’ll execute her tomorrow.”

One of the guards then carried her to her unconscious body and moved inside. One of his fellow senates, the brown hooded man, said, “My King, I’ve been thinking. Maybe this Mia holds a special place in Piers’ heart ?”

“Hm… You might be right.” Conservato nodded and then he said, “I’ll make a letter to invite Piers to Mia’s execution… If he truly loves her… then I’ll receive what I wanted… seeing him in despair as I kill his sweet little girlfriend !”

xxxx

“Mia… Mia…”

That night, Piers never got a good sleep. The fact that Mia has been abducted worried him greatly and he constantly received nightmares about her. Eventually, he dreamed that he was in a black dimension. Suddenly, a body was dropped in front of him. Upon further inspections… the body was actually Mia’s body. Her body was heavily wounded as blood were everywhere around her body, and her clothes were torn here and there. But, what makes Piers truly horrified was… her eyes. It showed no emotions or feelings at all… as if she was dead.

“It’s… my fault…” Piers said in sorrow as he hugged Mia’s body. As tears fell down from his eyes, he let out a sorrowful scream…

“MIA…!!!”

At that moment, suddenly Piers woke up, breathing heavily. It’s a good thing that morning has broken already. He no longer needed to sleep and be embraced with those nightmares anymore. But, those nightmares never left his mind even though Piers already woke up. He has never been this worried. His worry about being unable to return to Lemuria in the past when Akafubu offered his Black Orb as a sacrifice was nothing compared to this worry.

Because of him… Mia was abducted.

Because of him… Mia’s life has been put into danger.

And if something happened to her…

He’d never forgive himself for putting Mia through this…

xxxx

Without any other choice, Piers went downstairs for a small breakfast. However, before he could sit down on the chair, his uncle approached him and said, “Bad news, Piers…”

“What bad news, Uncle ?” Piers asked, and then his uncle pulled out a letter, and gave it to him. Piers started opening and reading it.

‘Piers.

I have your little female friend Mia in my custody. Since she snuck on the house of Senates last night, I planned to execute her at 1 PM today. The location is at the Grave of Water. You better come because you don’t want to miss this chance… am I right ? I’ll see you there.

Conservato.’

“Why that old *******…!” Piers growled as he tore the letter into pieces. However, suddenly Lunpa entered and said, “Piers, you’d be best to be careful.”

“Mia’s execution ground as he mentioned… Wasn’t that…” Lunpa said, but Piers cut in, “I know… Mother’s grave… Damn that Conservato, trying to defile the sacred ground of my mother’s resting place by turning it into an execution ground…”

“What I’m trying to say is… be careful, Piers.” Lunpa said as Piers’ uncle nodded. Lunpa then continued, “Conservato has grown a certain distaste to you. That was why he made the decision to banish you long ago.”

“Tell me the truth, Piers… you like Mia, don’t you ?” Lunpa asked him. And at this rate, Piers suddenly blushed and he said, “I… I… well…”

“All right, you got it right, Lunpa…” Piers eventually gave up, “She… she means everything in my life. If something bad happened to her… it’ll be my fault because I let her come with me.” “I know, Piers… but…” Lunpa continued, “I just have a feeling that Conservato is trying to take advantage of your beloved ones… Your mother and Mia… Control your emotions well when facing him. That’s all for my advice.”

“… I’ll try…” Piers said rather slowly, as his mind was being occupied with Mia’s safety.

xxxx

It’s not just the Lemurians who were worried on Mia… The Djinn Fizz and Shade apparently were aware of this, and they both approached each other in the corner of Lunpa’s house, several hours later.

“Hey, did you hear ? Mia got captured.” Fizz said to her fellow Djinni. Shade gave out a sigh and said, “Yeah, I know. Poor Piers. He was trying to get some breakfast, but he suddenly cancelled it out… He must’ve been worried.”

“Yeah… and I bet Mia is pretty sad out there…” Fizz added, and Shade nodded, and added as well “She might even think that Piers didn’t care about her, even though she’s about to be executed soon…”

“Don’t say that, you dummy !” Fizz bolted out to her fellow Djinni and stomped on his feet, making him hop around in pain, “Piers WILL come to her and he will save her !”

“But what will make her sure… wait, I got a dandy idea !” Shade suddenly came up with a plan, and then he started, “Well, before Piers left Lemuria and met Felix, we often check the castle around. And guess what ? There’s a tunnel from the castle entrance leading to the prison ! With luck, we can sneak to the prison, meet Mia and encourage her ! It’s too bad we’re just support Djinn, so we can’t exactly free her…”

“But wasn’t digging out tunnels… the job for Venus Djinn ?” Fizz asked, still not sure. But Shade ensured her and said, “Don’t worry ! Entering that tunnel doesn’t require you to be a Venus Djinni ! You can just rely on your strength ! Not much power is required to dig it !”

“Okay… Let’s go then !” Shade said as he hopped outside the window, and Fizz followed. They hopped to the entrance of the castle, however, they find it guarded with just one guard.

“I’ll distract him. The tunnel should be located there, within those four circular stones. Just stomp on it with all your powers and it should create the path !” Shade said. There was four stones located in a cross formation near the entrance. The stones have been stuck there for long and nobody could remove it. “Ok then. Here we go.” Fizz said and both Djinn moved out.

Shade leapt to the guard’s head. “Wha !? Hey ! Get lost ! I can’t see !” The guard complained as he tried to move Shade out of his way. Shade jumped away, but also grabbed the guard’s sword with his tail. He then started running around. “HEY ! Gimme back my sword !!” The guard yelled as he chased Shade, but he kept eluding him. In the same time, the guard was running away from the four stones. Fizz used this chance to stomp on the center of it, as Shade instructed. And yes, the ground crumbled and Fizz was taken to a hidden tunnel… She moved forward from there…

xxxx

When Mia woke up quite in the morning, she found herself laying down sideways in a damp dark prison. She was still bound and gagged, so there was nothing she could do… except by trying to make herself sit down, laying near the wall. She tried to find something that she could use to untie herself, like a broken glass or something. But, she couldn’t do anything… as her prison and the other prisons were quite guarded by some guards and she couldn’t escape even though she managed to untie herself.

“Imprison her… We’ll execute her tomorrow.”

Mia then remembered Conservato’s last words to her, and suddenly fear struck her mind. She was about to die… die in vain…

‘I tried to act brave in front of him, but…’ Mia thought, as her body began to tremble, not just because of the cold, but also because she was scared, ‘Deep in my heart… I… I’m actually trembling in fear…’

“Mmpphh…” Mia tried to mutter Piers’ name, but only muffled voice came out. She began thinking about him more as she began to cry a little, ‘Piers… where are you when I need you…? I’m scared, Piers… I’m so scared…’

Suddenly, several hours later, the ground in front of her began to crack and eventually, something busted out of the crack. “MMMMM !!!” Mia let out a muffled scream, scared and frightened. But, suddenly a voice echoed rather lowly, that the guards outside couldn’t hear, and they didn’t even care about her muffled scream, passing it as if she saw some mice, which was pretty normal for girls like her, “Hey, don’t worry. It’s me, Fizz.”

“Mmmm…” Mia said in a rather relieved state, even though only muffled voice came out. Fizz then continued, “Okay, Mia… First, I’m sorry that I can’t free you. I’m not capable of doing that. And neither do Shade.”

“But you did hear about your execution… right ?” Afterwards, Fizz was silent for awhile, fearing that Mia might be scared to death hearing that. But she just nodded, and Fizz considered that she already knew. “Oh, so you know. Then, you better mark my words.”

“Piers will come, Mia.” Fizz said, “And when he comes, he’ll rescue you. I know you’ve been scared all that night and morning. But, fear no more. I am sure Piers will come and rescue you.”

Hearing that, Mia was extremely glad. So Piers never forgot her. Under her gag, she formed a gentle smile and she nodded as if she was trying to say ‘Thank you, Fizz’.

However, suddenly, the door outside the prison opened, and some guards entered. Fizz got a bit worried and said, “Uh. Gotta run now. I’ll see you later, Mia !”

Fizz then dove down to the hole she just made before. Shortly afterwards, two guards opened Mia’s prison and approached her as one of them said, “Well then, young lady. The time for your execution has come.”

Not bothering to untie her, the guards held Mia on her arms and dragged her along, forcing Mia to occasionally hop or let her feet stay on the air…

xxxx
            Grave of Water, 1 PM
            xxxx

The Grave of Water is a place where Lemurians were buried. Unlike any other graves, the corpses were not buried into the land. Instead, their coffins were left to sink into holes, which will be filled with water. The hole wasn’t a short hole as well. And the holes and tombstones were arranged in such that in order to travel around there, people needed to make use of the side of the holes, which became like small bridges.

Piers walked through the hole sides, which was barred with short barriers. As he walked through the path and the guards let him pass, eventually he came to the last row of the water graves… There, Conservato and his senates were there… and near them were a tree… Mia was also there, in a somewhat complicated position. She was still bound and gagged, but the ropes that bound her body were also tied on the branch of the tree, and should the rope got cut off… she’ll drop to a water grave full with waters… and it’ll certainly turn it into her grave.

“I have arrived… Conservato.” Piers said, trying to sound calm. But he couldn’t help to worry as he saw Mia struggling to free herself and letting out muffled cries, trying to call him.

“Good boy !” Conservato said as he laughed. “You do care very much about your girlfriend ! I am… impressed… just a little, though.”

“I have a proposal, Conservato.” Piers said, “Let Mia go. In exchange, I’ll surrender to you.”

“Mmmm !!” Mia cried, shaking her head violently. She definitely didn’t want Piers to surrender and suffer just for her safety. However, Conservato just laughed and said, “Heheh ! I’m not going to let her go ! She defied me… and she must die !”

“Grr…!” Piers growled and he almost drew his current weapon, Excalibur, to strike. But suddenly Conservato moved closer to Mia and said, “Wait there, boy ! You try to do anything funny, either I or my fellow senate will cut this rope and we’ll just made another grave !”

‘You dirty old man…!’ Piers thought in anger and sheathed his sword once more. He’s shaking in anger. Conservato, his enemy, who just kidnapped his beloved Mia, was in front of him and was about to threaten her life. But… at this rate he couldn’t do anything to save her…

“Oh, and I have a little story to tell you.” Conservato said, “Bear with it.” Afterwards, Conservato began telling him his ambition that he told to Mia… and his plan to attack Vale next after Imil. Hearing this, Piers was disgusted even more…

“Heh ! I knew you wanted to strike me. But the one with a hostage will always have the advantage !” Conservato exclaimed triumphantly. “Now would you still consider to strike me… after this ?”

Out of Piers’ shock, Conservato pulled Mia away from the water and moved his head to the side of her neck. Suddenly, he stuck his tongue out… and he started licking Mia on her neck and her cheek. Mia was downright scared and disgusted as she was struck with that disgusting act from an old man.

“Mmmmmmph……!” She let out a sorrowful muffled cry, reflecting her disgust and sadness. Tears began to fall from her eyes, and in the same time, Piers was trembling in anger rather intensively… “Conservato… please do not try my patience…” he warned him.

“Oh ? But you do anything crazy, and this girls gets it !” Conservato said as he released his grip on Mia. However, his next move shocked him… Conservato moved to an established grave… and Piers recognized it very well… It was none other than the grave of Piers’ mother.

“No… not that, Conservato… Don’t…” Piers for once pleaded to him. But Conservato ignored him. He then pulled out a bottle filled with red liquid… “Do you know what this bottle contains ? It contains… corpses of sewer rats which have been turned into liquid material…”

“Now… can you do anything… after I do THIS to your beloved mother’s grave ? Hehehehehahaha !!” Conservato laughed as he poured the red liquid to the water in Piers’ mother grave… At this moment, Piers’ anger reached its peak. ‘How dare he… How dare he defile mother’s grave with that…!!!’

“AAAAAAARRRGGHHH !!!” For once, Piers lost control of himself and he began running to Conservato. All of the guards and the senates, and Mia included, were struck with a certain fear, as they watched Piers punching Conservato violently

“YOU CAN JUST PUNCH ME TILL YOU’RE SATISFIED OR EVEN KILL ME IF IT MAKES YOU SATISFIED !! BUT…” Piers roared as he punched Conservato even more, and somehow Conservato has been bleeding. But Piers didn’t care and continued to punch him.

“DON’T…” As Piers said this, he elbowed Conservato’s face.

“YOU…” He continued with a blow to Conservato’s stomach.

“EVER…” As for his next move, Piers slammed his knee to Conservato’s face.

“… DEFILE MY MOTHER’S GRAVE !!!” As the last attack, Piers delivered a straight punch on the face that knocked Conservato to the ground. He breathed heavily as his mind was still occupied to the fact that Conservato purposely defiled his mother’s grave. However, as Conservato even have a hard time to get up, he let out a sly smile as he nodded to his fellow senates, “Heh heh… but you forgot, Piers… You have done something crazy… and so…”

“… Oh no. What have I done !?” Piers suddenly realized what he’s doing. But it was all too late… “MMMMMPPHH !!!” Mia let out one final scream as eventually one of the senate members cut the rope that hung her to the tree, and dropped her to the deep pool, and she started to drown.

“Mia !! Nooo !!” Piers ran to the pool where Mia was about to drown, but two of the senates suddenly grabbed his arms, restraining him to advance any further. Conservato chuckled and said, “Even though… I no longer have the power to stand up for a moment… I’ll enjoy to see you wail in despair as you helplessly watch your girlfriend drown to her death !!”

“No !! Mia !! Hang on, Mia…!!” Piers screamed, calling her and continued to resist against the restraints. But, he has used too much power to beat the crap out of Conservato. And so, he couldn’t do anything about it but to watch as Mia struggled against the ropes that bound her as she was starting to lose a lot of air in the water. Eventually, Mia no longer moved. This tremendously crushed Piers as he struggled even more and let out another scream,

“MIAAAAAAAAA !!!!!”

xxxx
            To be Continued
            xxxx

#6   Enoch 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

Alright, I don't know if there is a curtain unknown format for fanfics, but in standard english, when a new person starts to talk, it becomes the beggining of a new paragraph.

But other then that, I like it thus far. It does have a mysteriouse element to it.

#7   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:42 AM

Nice Story NJB, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

#8   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:48 AM

All right, Enoch. I'll try to keep that in mind the next time I make a story (And don't worry. I have been thinking some more GS stories...) Anyhoo, here's the last chapter and FEEL FREE TO COMMENT !!!

THE HEIR OF LEMURIA
                  A GOLDEN SUN FIC

xxxx
                  Chapter 5 : Heir of Lemuria
                  xxxx

“MIA !!!” Piers screamed calling her name in sorrow once again, even though she didn’t reply and the senates kept restraining him. “Damn you all !” For once, Piers cursed rather loudly to the senates that restrained, “Let me go ! I have to save her !!”

“We cannot do it, poor little Piers.” One of the senates said in a triumphant, mocking voice, “You crossed the line and you have tried to defy His Majesty Conservato. And for your first punishment, you will have to witness the death of that girl !” Hearing that, Piers felt like he’s been stabbed right in his heart millions of times. “You… you’ve got to be kidding me !” Piers growled as he struggled even more, but with no avail.

Just then, suddenly a soldier came in front of the senates and said, “We’re under attack by intruders from the outside !” Conservato was shocked to hear this, and he slowly gathered his strength to stand up and said, “Send a messenger to the castle ! And call reinforcements !”

But, before the soldier can move away, several soldiers were being pushed back by the intruders to the grave. “T… they’re already here !!” the soldier wailed in hopelessness. Piers somewhat stopped struggling as the senates was shocked to see the soldiers being pushed back. They made a big mistake… Out of their fears, they released Piers. Piers used this chance to knock out the two senates that has been restraining him. As he looked forward, he was surprised to see the intruders…

“Felix !? How did you get here ?” Piers exclaimed seeing the intruders, which turned out to be Felix, Isaac, Jenna, Garet, Sheba and Ivan. “We knew something was wrong with you leaving suddenly like that.” Felix gave an answer as he delivered a backhand to a Lemurian soldier who tried to attack him from behind.

“Ivan and Sheba told us where did you go and we decided to follow.” Isaac added, “And about how we’re allowed to enter… well Felix’s presence helped out a lot.” “Lunpa gave us a briefing about what happened. We decided to help.” Sheba said as she conjured a whirlwind to blow several Lemurian soldier away. In the same time, Ivan electrocuted a soldier who tried to attack Sheba from behind. “Thanks, anyway.” Sheba said to Ivan and he nodded. Then, he turned at Piers and said, “He’ll come soon enough and turn this tide, or so he claimed. For now, save Mia ! I know she drowned in that grave !”

At this time, Piers started to regain his cool composure. But he then realized that Mia has drowned and unconscious for long. “… Damn. It might be too late for me to dive…” Piers said. However, Garet heard it and he shouted, “What are you waiting for ?! Save her !” “Piers, don’t tell me you forgot you have the Psynergy Parch ! Use it now !” Jenna added, and Piers realized that with his Parch maybe it’s not all too late. He crouched near the pond and reached his hand out to the pond water. He started unleashing his Psynergy power as he yelled, “PARCH !!”

As Piers yelled, he let out his Psynergy power, forming a red ball that enters the pond. In a short time, the ball unleashed an extreme heat that eventually vaporized all the water filling the grave. In the same time, Conservato became mad and said to his senates, “Damn ! Stop him ! Kill him if you must !” However, before they could get near Piers; Isaac, Jenna and Garet has been standing in front of them, blocking their way. “Sorry, gotta get past us first !” Isaac said as he brandished his sword, blocking their way. And in the same time, Ivan and Sheba have already knocked out the soldiers around…

He then slid down and quickly untied Mia and removed her gag. “Mia…” Piers said as he held her arm. Lucky him, he can still feel some Psynergy power within her body, albeit a weak one. Suddenly, Felix leapt to him as well and also checked on Mia. “How is she ?” Felix asked, and Piers gave a weak smile and said, “She’s still alive… That’s a good start.”

“Then I suggest a CPR to wake her up.” Felix said, “I’ll push. Piers, you do the breathing part.”

Piers then gathered many air around him in his mouth. And as Felix pushed her chest down and said, “Now.”, Piers moved his head near Mia’s and breathed his air through her mouth. He could feel that her lips was so cold right now… and he definitely didn’t want that cold lips to be her lips forever. As he gathered more air, Felix pushed her chest once more, and then Piers gave out his breath to Mia once more. That happened for quite some time, and eventually it yielded one result.

Soon, Mia let out two small coughs. And afterwards, she let out a weak moan, “Uh…” and as she started opening her eyes, the first person that she saw was… her savior, her prince, her beloved… Piers. “Mia… are you all right ?” He asked gently, helping her to sit down, but she suddenly hugged him as tears slowly came out from her eyes.

“You saved me…” Mia sniffed, “I… I always knew that you will come and save me…” Piers smiled back and he also hugged her and said, “You’re safe now, and that’s all it matters to me…”

“Thank you, Piers…” Mia said as she slowly released her hug, but still holding his hands. However, when they looked above, they suddenly saw two faces looking at them… Ivan and Sheba. Both Jupiter Adepts then looked at each other and somehow they created a naughty smile. Embarrassed, Piers and Mia released their grips and looked through the opposite sides, blushing rather heavily.

However, Mia saw Felix reaching several small rocks stuck on the wall that can be used to climb like stairs. “Maybe I better leave you two to do some private business as you like.” As Felix said that, both Mercury Adepts knew that they had to go up and return to the others.

Following Felix, they climbed the stairs and saw Conservato without any other support. Isaac, Garet and Jenna have knocked the other two senates down, leaving him all alone.

“You… you will not get away with this !” Conservato cursed, “I still have a lot of soldiers in my castle ! And when I send an alerting Psynergy to them, they will come and save me !”

“Think again, old man. Think again.” Felix said as he suddenly turned backwards. Suddenly, many soldiers came to the grave, led by Lunpa.

“Lunpa ! What’s with these soldiers ?” Piers asked Lunpa, and as he nodded, he said, “While you were going to save Mia, I got a hunch that Felix would come. So, I instructed the guards in front to let him come if he did. And as he come, I sent him and his friends to this place while I go to the castle and spread the truth.”

“How so ?” Piers asked once more, and Lunpa answered, “Well I told them how the Memory Gem works and show them the real truth behind the murder of Hydros. Luckily, all the soldiers there were acting as if they were loyal to Conservato out of fear… In their hearts, they’re all pro-Hydros.”

“What are you babbling about !?” Conservato said impatiently, “An assassin murdered Hydros ! That’s truth !” However, as soon as he said that, the soldiers yelled back at him, with yells such as, “Yea, right ! You’re the assassin !” “Murderer !” “Liar !!” “Tyrant !!” “Senile !!”

“No… no… my ambitions…” Conservato whined as he hung his head down, covering his face with his hands. Piers knew what to do, but he first said to Mia, “Mia… the next thing you’re going to see is going to be quite brutal… and it has to be done. Please, look elsewhere.” Mia nodded and looked elsewhere. Piers then turned to Jenna and Sheba and said, “You too.” And both obeyed.

After the girls turned away, Piers approached Conservato with his Excalibur ready. He emitted an angry feeling, but still managed to keep his calm composure.

“Conservato…” Piers said coldly, “You have done a lot of great crimes… You killed His Highness Hydros and spread lies about his death. Then, with those lies, you usurped the throne of Lemuria and plunged it into chaos and suffering with your rule of tyranny… but worse of all…” As Piers said that, his tone became less cold and got a little furious, “You defiled the grave of my dear mother and put Mia into danger ! Have you no shame !?”

“And I believe that with crimes like those… expelling is too good for you !” Piers said sternly, “Now, it’s the end for you…”

“No… no please spare me !” Conservato begged for his life, but this time it was Lunpa who cut him off, “Silence ! You have no right to beg for your life after all you did to us !”

“Then I shall finish this…” Piers said as he raised his hand, drawing his Psynergy and yelled, “DIAMOND BERG !!” Suddenly, Conservato was covered with a thick ice. As Piers rushed to him, he began slashing his sword to the ice, shattering it along with Conservato. In the end, nothing remained from that ice… not even Conservato himself. He perished along with the ice.

“It’s over…” Piers said, “Your Highness… I have avenged you…”

xxxx

Eventually, Piers went back to Lunpa’s house along with Lunpa, Mia, Felix and the others. Beforehand, he has already cleansed the defiled water of his mother’s grave, using Parch. Lunpa promised that in a short time, he’ll fill the water once more. In the house, Piers’ uncle greeted him, “You did it… you saved Lemuria.” “I know, Uncle, but there’s something that has been bothering me.” Piers said, “Now that Conservato is dead… who will be the King of Lemuria ?” Lunpa nodded and suddenly he went inside his room. Soon after, he returned, carrying a scroll.

“Piers, I’m sorry for hiding this to you for the first time.” Lunpa said, “This is also the reason why I summoned you here… Hydros gave me this before his death, and I thought this is the right time to give you this…”

Piers then accepted Lunpa’s letter. Opening it, he began reading,

‘Lunpa…

I will eventually leave this world… either by sickness or someone will kill me. However, I have no offsprings and if I die, Lemuria will be thrown into chaos as it lost its King. I cannot trust Conservato as my heir. However, I do know that there’s one Lemurian that is capable to become the heir of Lemuria. Please give this letter to the heir when you feel that the time is right. This is my order… my own choice. And the one I choose as my heir is… Piers.

Best regards, Hydros.’

Piers was speechless knowing this. He… he was chosen as the heir of Lemuria without him knowing ? Piers looked at his uncle and he nodded too. Piers then asked, “Are you sure this is not a lie, Lunpa ? That His Highness chose me as the heir of Lemuria ?”

“WHAT !?” Isaac, Garet, Ivan, Jenna and Sheba yelled in unison, not believing what they heard. Only Felix and Mia didn’t gave out a yell. But they were shocked as well. Lunpa nodded and said, “It’s truth… Piers, please accept the proposal. The future of Lemuria depends on you.”

Piers was silent for a while. It’s his duty to become the king, as Hydros decreed so. Lemuria is also his hometown and he had to protect it. But if he stayed in Lemuria… he’ll leave his friends… he’ll leave Mia, the girl that he cared so much… To make it sure, he looked at Mia and the others. However, they understood and nodded in agreement. Piers then turned to Lunpa and said, “Very well, Lunpa… I will accept your offer and succeed Lemuria.”

“I am glad to hear that.” Lunpa nodded. In the same time, the others started commenting. “Way to go, Piers ! Now you’re a king !” Garet teased. Felix just nodded and said, “There’ll be a great responsibility that you’ll carry. But I know you can do it.” “You’re great, Piers ! You know, I can say I’m proud to have you as my friend !” Jenna added. Isaac continued as he said, “I agree with her. You’re truly incredible.”

“Uh… Mia, aren’t you gonna…” Ivan asked Mia, but he suddenly got elbowed by Sheba and she said, “Hey, just let her have it her way. It’s better for her.”

“Piers… I…” Mia started rather nervously, “I… I know that it is your duty, so please do it well. I’ll be happy if I know that you’re doing all right. That… is all…” However, Mia couldn’t hide the sad feeling on her face. If Piers became the king, she’ll be alone… all alone… However, she was suddenly shocked as Piers held her hands and said, “Mia… I have a request for you.”

“Y… yes ?” Mia said. Suddenly, Piers knelt in front of her, still holding her hands, and said, “Would you… would you please stay here with me… as my queen ?”

Mia was really shocked as she heavily blushed. “I… Piers…” she started, but Piers cut her off and said, “I love you, Mia. Ruling Lemuria will felt like nothing for eternity if I do not have you by my side… So…”

“Piers…” Mia said and she tried to look at her friends. However, just like before, the others nodded to her. Mia then formed a smile on her face and said to Piers, “This… this is the happiest moment in my life and you brought it to me, Piers… I cannot thank you enough.”

“So…?” Piers asked her once more, and Mia nodded as she said, “I accept your request to become your queen. As long as I’m with you… I will not be scared anymore… Because I love you too.”

“Thank you, Mia…” Piers said as he stood up and hugged Mia in return. As Mia blushed once more and hugged him back, the others clapped their hands, giving applauds to the couple.

xxxx
                  The next day
                  xxxx

It’s Piers’ crowning day… the day when he was about to receive the crown of the Lemurian King. The throne room was filled with a lot of soldiers, with Isaac, Felix, Garet, Jenna, Ivan and Sheba standing in front of the line. Lunpa and Piers’ Uncle stood in front of the throne. Piers’ uncle was carrying the crown, as well as a tiara and a box. Eventually as trumpets were blown, the door opened, and Piers entered. He’s wearing a majestic blue cloak usually worn by kings. He walked to the throne, and stopped in front of Lunpa. He then knelt.

“Piers.” Lunpa said, “Do you swear that you will give all your best for the glory of Lemuria ?”

“I swear.”

“Do you swear that you will make Lemuria prosper and safe with all your powers ?”

“I swear.”

“And do you swear that you will not abuse your authorities as the King for your personal gains ?

“I swear.”

“Very good…” Lunpa said as he drew a sword and pointed it in front of Piers, “Then, in the name of our late King Hydros, I, Lunpa, anoint you as the new King of Lemuria… May Lemuria prosper under your rule…”

As Lunpa finished, Piers’ uncle moved to him and offered him the crown. Lunpa took the crown and slowly placed it on Piers’ head. As he did that, the whole audience, including Isaac and the others, raised their weapons, to honor the new King.

Piers slowly stood up and moved to the same ground level like his uncle and Lunpa, who said, “Your Majesty… perhaps you would like to issue your first order.”

“That’s what I’m thinking.” Piers said as he coughed a little and said with quite a loud voice, “My people. During the reign of Conservato… we have attacked several innocent towns. And therefore, as my first order, I would like that you all head to Alhafra and Imil, and rebuild them as our apology to them.”

“And… After traveling to the outer worlds, I have learned a lot of things. I believe that if we open ourselves to the outer worlds, we might just improve our culture and we may be able to achieve something that was formerly impossible, like the revival of our ancient culture. Therefore, I hereby that from this day forward… Lemurians are allowed to leave and outsiders, as long as they’re not harmful, are allowed to enter Lemuria ! Of course, this means that we need to make sure that the Poseidon never wakes once more.”

“And as my last order… I would like to revamp the structure of the senate members. We will discuss about this soon, and as for my temporary choice for the head senate, I appoint Lord Lunpa to take that position. That is all for my first orders.”

As soon as Piers finished, all the audience raised their weapons once more. Afterwards, the trumpets were blown and another figure entered… It’s none other than Mia. She was wearing a majestic white dress and light blue cape, resembling an elegant queen. ‘Mia… you look so beautiful today…’ Piers thought as Mia walked to him.

As she got close, Mia knelt before him. However, Piers lent his hand forward and helped her to stand up. Piers’ uncle then moved near him and presented the box to him. He then took the box from his uncle, and said, “Mia… I’d like to give you this…”

As Piers opened the box, it revealed a shining beautiful sapphire ring. “Ah…” Mia said in awe, looking at the ring, “It’s… beautiful. Thank you…”

“Mia of Imil.” Lunpa then spoke to her, “Do you accept King Piers of Lemuria… as your husband and promise to always stay by his side in good times and bad times ?”

“I accept.” Mia said. Turning to Piers, Lunpa asked, “Your Majesty… do you accept Mia… as your wife and you will love her with all your heart and soul until your last breath ?” And just like Mia, Piers nodded and said, “I accept.”

As he turned to Mia, Lunpa nodded and said, “Then, in the name of our late King Hydros… I anoint you as the Queen of Lemuria. May Lemuria… also prosper with you by the King’s side.”

Afterwards, once again the audience raised their weapons, honoring Mia as the queen. Piers took the tiara from his uncle and put it to her head, fitting her really well and solidifying her position as the queen. Then, he took the ring from the box, and gently put it to Mia’s finger. Both smiled at each other, and eventually, emotions started to overcome them. They embraced their faces together, and their lips met in a gentle kiss as they hugged each other. Lunpa then took the initiative and said to the audience, “Everybody, let us give big applause to our newly wed King and Queen !”

The audience then sheathed their weapons and then they started cheering and clapping their hands. Isaac and his group just clapped their hands though, except Garet who joined the cheering and hand clapping. As Piers and Mia finished with their kiss, they didn’t let go of their hugs as they looked at the audience.

Piers, now the King of Lemuria, has a great duty and responsibility. However… all these duties and responsibilities never felt like a hard thing to feel… As long as his love, Mia, is by his side… And Mia… she would never feel lonely anymore… as she has her love, Piers, by her side… forever.

xxxx
                  THE END
                  xxxx

#9   Enoch 

• Disciple
                    • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:06 AM

I ment that in a story, each person get's their own paragraph. For speaking in.
                    EX)

"HEllo, Mr.squirl! Pleasent day today?" Mr turtle said with a sorta
                    low deep voice and in a slow rythmic manner.

"Too true, Mr.turtle." Squirl said; "Today is a pleasant day." Then he shuffled off to his nest.

Mind you I'm not good at spelling, but when it comes to grammer, it's a gotta. With spelling, all I need is a good spell check.

Other then that, I rather enjoyed reading the fanfic. I feel that the ending was sorta coming though. I enjoyed it nonetheless. Better then I could ever do. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

#10   blade 

• Squire
                    • Pip
                      • Interests:The normal stuff

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

ummm why wont you write more i love this story

#11   Neo Juste Belmont 

• New User

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:18 AM

Um... the story has already ended, sorry. But... I can think of a fairy-tale spinoff of Golden Sun... of course it'll heavily imply on Piers/Mia. I might add Isaac/Jenna too, though.

#12   Unicornmaddy 

• Knight
                        • PipPip
                          • Interests:Horse-Riding, singing, Horses, Dancing (Ballet, Tap and Jazz) a certain friend of mine (wink wink) and lots more...

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

Heya Neo! It's Unicornmaddy that random person on FF.net that was bugging you to put more Aquashipping in it in Chapter 3!

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic