Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Neverwinter Nights and NWN 2 (not yet released)

#1   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:23 PM

Neverwinter Nights, also known as the best PC RPG...

Aight, let's get one thing clear, I made this topic before but this game just kicks so much azz that I had to make it again. Also, my old topic's outdated and makes me look like a n00b, so I'm gonna remake it again anyway. :lol:

This is a VERY in-depth RPG. Not as in-depth as Fable or anything, but it's pretty damn in-depth.

The battles look pretty convincing, especially when you're fighting melee; you might think you're watching Lord of the Rings if you didn't know better.

Anyhow, the plot. The plot is good to say the least, although a little cliche. The beginning could've been planned better... but what can you say, alot of beginnings aren't that good. The characters aren't static, they all have an entire history behind them that backs them up somewhere along the line (from your party member, to the game's sex object -_-).

The only problem is that Character and Creature AI is overly simple. Example, if you tell your character to go past a rock they're standing by, they might take the long way around. If you tell a party member to follow you (to run away from a monster) they might get stuck on a rock, cancel the action, and go and attack the monster you were running away from. :angry: And of course there a number of glitches here and there left unpatched that you bump into on the occasion. Pretty annoying.

Anyhow, if you don't want to hear about an old game, then check this out:
    http://www.atari.com/nwn2/

I hope we can actually party up rather than hiring one (two, later on) party member, or actually a henchman. :agitated:

#2   Izar 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:00 PM

I heard it's kinda boring after you play it awhile, but I wont take that, lol. I'm going to get it... soon enough. Is it actually really long too? I heard it takes foreveer to beat, lol. That's fine though.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

Who told you it's boring after awhile? Everywhere I go, all I'll hear is how great this game is. XD

Hmm... lenth. I have yet to beat the first campaign. This campaign has 4 chapters; I'm on chapter 2. I'm about to beat it though; I can finish this chapter any time, I just wanna do this last quest. XD

I've been playing about a week or two. To be honest, I've heard of people beating the game in one week, but I bet they were either:

1. Sticking strictly to the plot, which I don't recommend. (you get EXP and Gold from quests, gold and EXP you'll need)

2. Bluffing.

3. They used shiatloads of cheats.

On another note the game comes with the toolset the creators used to build the game. =) I'm still learning a few things about it, though. I'll be able to do it eventually.

#4   Izar 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Veterans
          • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:38 PM

Cool, you can build your own little dugeons and such? LoL, sounds like Morrowind. They guy who told me is a fan of Diablo and Warcraft, so, I dunno. lol

#5   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

I only play this game when my dad's comp loses it's internet connection. But, yeah, pretty fun. Although, BG1-2 and IWD1-2 are much better.

#6   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

I want to play Baldur's Gate but I have no idea where to get it. Apparently it's so old that they won't carry it in stores anymore.

#7   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:43 AM

I know. Same here. The funny thing is: the video game-sellers are actually mad about it. Anyway, what character do you have in NWN? I have a Monk. I love them Monks.

#8   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

I have a half-elf Fighter (Pirate, so she fights with two swords). Level 12. I dunno, I'm partial to physical fighters. :lol: I was going to lvl up in Arcane Archer as well, but then I realized I would have to lvl up in Wizard or Sorcerer first. I just called it off right there.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5497/terrantomi0iv.th.jpg

My character looked better in a Half Plate. i^i

#9   Eothain 

• Berserker
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:46 PM

Izar, on Jul 10 2005, 12:38 AM, said:

Cool, you can build your own little dugeons and such? LoL, sounds like Morrowind.

AMAZING!! you've played Morrowind? FINALLY someone knows the game...I go to so many boards that discuss videogames and they do not know this one! anywas, back to the original theme of this thread: NWN..something that I wanna know is, what kind of computer do you need to run this game? cause I once borrowed it from a friend...couldn't run it...even tho the requirements say that 256mb of RAM are RECOMMENDED...and that's what I have...I don't think my processor is the problem...nor is it my video card (128MB DDR)...anyways, once I build my system I'll definitely get this game...for some reason I REALLY want to play it

#10   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

Wind Dude, on Jul 17 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

I have a half-elf Fighter (Pirate, so she fights with two swords). Level 12. I dunno, I'm partial to physical fighters. :smile: I was going to lvl up in Arcane Archer as well, but then I realized I would have to lvl up in Wizard or Sorcerer first. I just called it off right there.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5497/terrantomi0iv.th.jpg

My character looked better in a Half Plate. i^i

Mhm, she looks pretty cool, dawgh. But I haven't played for quite a while.

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic