• You cannot reply to this topic

Tycoon Games Anyone actually play 'em?

#1   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:50 AM

For me, they're pretty dang fun. Nothing's more relaxing than placing down a few buildings, putting down some plants, and watching your customers interact with everything.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3's graphics are pretty darn awesome (Especially the sun and the water). Just sayin'... and Zoo Tycoon 2, well I actually haven't played this one much... should probably do that soon...

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 wasn't as addicting or engaging as the original RCT Games. I don't know why, I think something happened to the addiction factor due to the transition from 2D to 3D; it doesn't feel like an RCT game anymore... (it's still a good game though)

So, anyone play Tycoon games, or am I alone here? :P *cue dead topic*

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:00 PM

I have Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, I myself got bored with it after a few weeks. The gameplay is original though.

One thing I hope the new version have is multiplayer. This is what makes a game really worth playing IMO (well for PC)

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

Interesting idea. You mean, compete with other people to become the "Tycoon king" with the most profits or value? Sort of like in Railroad Tycoon?

#4   Eugine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

Well, me and my friends usually get games for Multiplayer value. We like to compete you see, it would be great if all of us had our own individual park and compete to see who got the most money in a time frame etc.

#5   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

I've played the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. Gotta love that game.

I still have it lying around here, somewhere.

#6   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:55 PM

I have the original too. I don't really play it anymore ( or at all :) ), and even if I did, I wouldn't remember the controls.

#7   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:58 PM

I too have the original and I play it occasionally; when AOM is tiring me and MS is boring me. I find it really fun nad come up with all these crazy themes for the parks I make. Great game.

#8   Kewne 

• Lord
                • PipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Banned

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:14 AM

My brother has roller coaster tycoon 2 and I've tried it but I didn't like it. But Zoo tycoon is great, taking care of animals, building shops etc is so fun. We have zoo tycoon 2 also but I haven't tried it yet.

#9   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

I never played the original, so I wouldn't know the difference between it and three, all I know is that 3 gets boring after a while for me.

#10   se7en 

• Squire
                    • Pip

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:03 AM

I played one when I got 1 from a cereal box... lol

#11   Unicornmaddy 

• Knight
                      • PipPip
                        • Interests:Horse-Riding, singing, Horses, Dancing (Ballet, Tap and Jazz) a certain friend of mine (wink wink) and lots more...

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:11 AM

I've Roller-Coaster Tycoon 2 and I've done a couple of the scenerios... I did really well and my brother's got Zoo Tycoon, ZT: Dinosaur Digs and ZT: Marine Mania. Then he gave them all to me because he didn't have the time to play them! lol... Anyway in a way I like Zoo Tycoon better because the controls are easier :)

#12   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

I remeber getting SeaWorld Tycoon from my brother's friend (who's obviously very obsessed with whales and the like) It's not as fun as the rest of the tycoon games becasue it's not very customizable and it's hard to keep track of animals.

#13   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, the controls for the original Roller Coaster Tycoon were a little strange, as were the names. (I've never heard of a FootPath... :)) They fixed most of those in RCT 3.

The one thing I didn't like... was the music. D: The music sounds awesome, but it just isn't the same when you load up RCT 3 but you don't hear any carnival music. XO

#14   Izar 

• Master Adept
                              • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:04 PM

I love the games, those and sim city games. I always wanted to have my own dream park, and when I got the first Rollor Coaster Tycoon, I was thrilled.

#15   Venus dude 21 

• Chaos Lord
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Interests:Just being me.

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

i played the original one. A space theme for parks draws in custimers way faster, call it area 51 and set it in diamond dunes.

#16   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

I was going to post some screenshots of one of my personal favorite parks that I created but right now I'm having some problems with RCT 3.

See, I got some nasty bug on my comp that's been deleting some crucial files, causing my games to crash before they can load up. Right now, RCT 3 thinks that the expansion Soaked! is installed, but I can't load any of my parks because I'm missing some of the Soaked! blueprints for the objects in the Expansion. In the same sense, I can't install Soaked! again because the game thinks it already has it. =/

But I'm encouraging you guys to post screenshots of your creations in the games. XD

Edit:
                                  http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6510/xisle0wg.th.jpg
                                  http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5396/spooky2hm.th.jpg

^ My "X-Isles" park. My first attempt at a professional-looking park. The best theme was turning out to be the Spooky Theme (second picture down). I WAS working on another park that was beginning to turn out just beautiful but then I'm getting all this bug crap...

Anyways, looks as if I'm going to have to delete all my RTC 3 files... meaning bye-bye to all my saved parks. Oh, well.

EDIT 2: Yes! Score! I Googled on my problem and found a way to remove and reinstall Soaked!.

Before I go on, I must first state the problem. My Soaked! expansion somehow got corrupt, and I tried to uninstall it using the setup file contained on the Soaked! Expansion disk. It said that, to uninstall Soaked!, I need to use the RCT 3 setup file instead to remove RCT 3 and Soaked!. Well, I did that, but the Registry Key or something for Soaked! was still in my computer. In other words, they lied. Soaked! was not completely uninstalled.

So if you have Soaked! and, for whatever reason, you need to uninstall it entirely, use this awesome program and "Remove Entry" of Soaked!.

*relieved*

#17   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

I just made this good Wind Waker theme park. It was the Diamond Heights level and I failed my objective by $3000 for my Park Value. Company value was around $30 000+ though. It had a few crashes and such, which I found quite amusing. My brother made a park one time solely for makign the rides crash and killing off 32 guests at a time. (Steel Roller Coaster, Power launch, Blasting at 60mph.) I'll post some screencaps ocne he lets me play on that park.

#18   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:33 AM

Meh I only have played Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and Zoo Tycoon 1.
                                      Those are pretty good but I dont have any intrest in the second and thirth game of them...

#19   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

Mars Djinni, on Aug 16 2005, 09:12 PM, said:

I just made this good Wind Waker theme park. It was the Diamond Heights level and I failed my objective by $3000 for my Park Value. Company value was around $30 000+ though. It had a few crashes and such, which I found quite amusing. My brother made a park one time solely for makign the rides crash and killing off 32 guests at a time. (Steel Roller Coaster, Power launch, Blasting at 60mph.) I'll post some screencaps ocne he lets me play on that park.

Ahhh, the memories of killing guests... :D

Well, in RCT3 guests can't drown, die, or anything like that. Instead, you can make them fall of mountains and launch rollercoasters onto pathways, which is just as fun because they quite literally fly in the air.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6356/agghcopy3qb.th.jpg

#20   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                          • Group: Admin

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

I used to play the original for days and days on end - with the same park.

However, I lost the disk and all torrent attempts failed.

=(

#21   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

I can give you the setup data from the CD. I know it works, I got it from the darn ceral box.

#22   Venus dude 21 

• Chaos Lord
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                              • Location:That place....over there...
                                              • Interests:Just being me.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

i put a hedge maze over water with no path, 18 guests at once went down.

Monorail into the water, 32 guests claimed.

Shuttle loop going as high as it can go, a lot.

Launcher thing streight up and then back down, 12 each time.

#23   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                                • Group: Admin

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:04 AM

I actually torrented RCT1 last night. I've been playing it all day.

RCT > all.

#24   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                  • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:24 AM

I put all the guests that hate the park in a pool of water. I even put an entertainer in the pool. Hilarious.

#25   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:47 AM

XD! I did the exact same thing! So much fun.

Anyone played Mall Tycoon? It's a decent, simple game. Not as customizable as RCT or Zoo Tycoon, but fun anyway.

Page 1 of 1
                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic