#1   Eugine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:24 AM

Camelot's official website:
    http://www.camelot.co.jp

As you can see, the latest update for the site was yesterday, so its obvious that the staff is still working on the newest Camelot game.

If you go to Gamespot:
    http://www.gamespot....melotcoltd.html

You will see that Golden Sun is the most popular searched for Camelot series even though it was the first released series for the current generation platforms.

What does this mean?
    It obviously means, that Camelot is still active, and Golden Sun has made them most money ever. Of course I'm speculating, but wouldn't anyone atleast think the most popular mean the most searched for and thus the most bought game? Even though it was released a long time ago, people are still getting the game, looking for information. The spirit is still alive. :D

The downside to this is that Camelot is a Japanese company, it would be very difficult for us, english speaking people to contact a Japanese company.

What can we do?
    You maybe wondering what I'm typing this long post for? what can we do? We are just teenagers. Well, we could contact Camelot through this email, alot of you contacted other people why not contact Camelot?
    [email protected]

OR the Nintendo contact form
    http://www.nintendo....mer/webform.jsp

After I hear people's reaction about the idea, I will contact them myself.

Please post only constructive ideas, I really wouldn't want to see things like "The original GS team is broken up!" and such... :D

#2   Unicornmaddy 

• Knight
    • PipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Horse-Riding, singing, Horses, Dancing (Ballet, Tap and Jazz) a certain friend of mine (wink wink) and lots more...

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

If they are working on a golden Sun game then I would go:
      Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! :D

The game seems so incomplete with just the two games there really needs to be the other games to patch up all the holes...
      Edit I might... contact them if I really fell like it otherwise we have to leave it to fate.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:52 AM

I actually searched on the Japanese Camelot site on Google, and used my trusty "Translate Site" button. :D They talked about how they hired new staff and blah. Their latest Mario sports game helped to get them some funding, I personally think they can make a new GS.

Besides, I think Max once argued that Camelot said they didn't have the staff to create such a game as a new GS. That was about a year ago, and as I mentioned earlier they've hired some extra staff. A new GS sounds pretty likely. If it isn't, well Camelot RPGs are always awesome! :P

Anyhow, I'm not gonna poke Camelot or Nintendo around at all. I'm sure they've been e-mailed about Golden Sun before. :D

#4   Eugine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:04 PM

Negativity!

If we have enough people, sending them like 100 emails perday and releated to Golden Sun, they might realise it still have hope. Always put a link to this forum since it's always good for the game developers to join fansites.

http://babelfish.altavista.com
          I used this translator, wasn't that good though :D

#5   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:29 PM

Well I really wanna write an email but... Im not good at those things...
            Still if anyone will email me one I will email it to Camelot like 100 times a day like Eugine said.

#6   Eugine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

Developing a relationship with the developers makes them always make games.

Here are some examples.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com
              http://gwonline.net
              http://guildwars.com

That's all I know, the developers are members of the forum, they read suggestions have contests so that members can interview them. We need to develop a relationship. No one is bothering with my opinion though.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

Camelot wouldn't join an English forum. You know how these things are, Nintendo serves Japan first and Microsoft serves USA first, etc.

We shall just put faith in the GS Fans of Japan. :D

#8   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

I know, the bad part about that is the language. I hate languages. Why not just speak english everywhere.

:D

Who translates the game? Also on the site, there are english parts you know... Which makes me think Camelot hired a translator... Now to find out where I could get contact with the person...

Mission Impossible.

#9   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

In all Japanese GBA games, the first english thing you see is "Push Start". No need for a translator there...

#10   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:16 PM

Why?

#11   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

"Push Start", it's an international language, everyone knows what it means. XD

Just like the middle finger, but let's not get into detail with that...

#12   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:30 PM

Not here, I know what Americans think what the middle finger mean. We use it as anything... Even infront of teachers.

#13   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:47 PM

Just thought I'd like to pop in to show you a little thing I stumled upon.

February 17, 2005 - Development studio Camelot Software Planning, best known for its Mario Tennis, Golf, and Golden Sun games, stated repeatedly in the past that it would like to make another role-playing game. For years rumors fueled by Japanese reports alleged that the company was underway with a GameCube sequel to Golden Sun. However, a Camelot "Help Wanted" ad placed in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu Magazine this week suggests that the studio's next RPG will be for a next-generation system, very likely Revolution.

In big, white text directly in the middle of the full-page ad, Camelot writes: "Now seeking staff for development of an RPG targeting a next-generation system."

While this placement does not directly confirm that the RPG is for Revolution, it seems the most logical conclusion based on Camelot's very close relationship with Nintendo and previous comments made by the studio's president Hiroyuki Takahashi. Last month, he confirmed that Camelot is not currently underway with any DS projects, but seemed to hint that it was developing a new RPG for an unspecified system.

"We love RPGs a lot and we profoundly adore the universe we created with the Golden Sun series on GBA," he replied when he was asked if Camelot was making a Golden Sun sequel for consoles. "At the moment, though, it is impossible for us to share information on this subject with you and so our answer is neither yes nor no." Takahashi added that Camelot does have projects underway and that he expects it "will be able to show some new things at E3."

With DS out of the running, a new ad clearly stating that its RPG is for a next-generation system, and Camelot's well-documented, close relationship with Nintendo, it's all but official now that Revolution owners will get this game.

#14   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:49 PM

That's GREAT! We just need to bug them so that the game they develop IS a Golden Sun related game!

#15   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:51 PM

I love IGN. :D

#16   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                  • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

Empty hope.

#17   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

I hate Nintendo and their layoutted emails.

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

At this time, no plans to release a new Golden Sun game have been announced.  You never know what the future might hold, though, so keep checking our web site (www.nintendo.com) for the latest information.

For details on all new or upcoming games for our systems, go to www.nintendo.com and open the "Game List" (located in the upper-right corner of our main page).  If you need to narrow your search for a specific type of game (based on release date, publisher, number of players, etc.), try using our Advanced Filtering option.  When you bring up your desired listing of game titles, you can click on the name of a game to find out all the information that we currently have available on it.  If the information you are looking for is not yet available, please keep checking back.  When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our web site is the best official source!

Please keep in mind that details on licensed software represents the most current information that we have available from our licensee companies.  Also, any posted release dates for both Nintendo and licensee titles are estimates and subject to change.  When it gets close to a product's estimated release date, you may want to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

If you would like additional information on a particular licensee title, you may want to contact the company that is producing it.  To find information on how to reach one of our licensed publishers, head to the Corporate section of our web site (www.nintendo.com/corp/index.jsp), and then click on Company Connections.  Here, you'll find a list of all our current licensee companies.

In the meantime, I will forward your feedback to the proper departments here, so they get a chance to hear what our fans think.

Thank you for your e-mail.
                                    Nintendo of America Inc.
                                    Nicolas Ramu

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
                                    Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

#18   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                      • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

I hate them too......Nicolas......:)

#19   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:57 AM

Eugine would you please remove this topic into the GS section?
                                        Maybe then this topic would be taken more seriously.

#20   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:53 AM

Moved to GS: TLA General Discussion.

Note to mods: This topic was previously in SPAM forum so ignore SPAM posts.

Now, who is willing to email the webmaster of the Camelot website? No one is being positive, I guess this is why we wouldn't get a new one. No one cares about telling Camelot how they feel about the series.

#21   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:41 AM

"In the meantime, I will forward your feedback to the proper departments here, so they get a chance to hear what our fans think."

That's a good sign. :)

Positivity, huzzah!

Anyhow, what was your e-mail, Eugine?

#22   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

A email that made me sound like if I was a begger -_-

I'm not going to post it here cause its too embarassing :)

#23   Shikonaurum 

• Lord
                                              • PipPipPipPip
                                                • Interests:Slacking, the intarweb, gaming, sleeping. The likes.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

Embarassing? ... It couldn't be too bad, could it? And begging can yield good results ere the end.

I'm currently wondering how generic the response you received was. They certainly took the time to notice that it was Golden Sun, even if it may have been in your title; other than that, it sounds as if they're used to these things. -_-

And Wind Dude was correct in thinking about positivity... Positivity is good. Yeah.

#24   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                  • Location:British Columbia, Canada
                                                  • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:51 AM

I'd be happy to contact them. I think I have the common sense not to say anything embarrasing.

#25   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:35 PM

Well, it would be cool if alot of people emailed them. I only see one person who actually said they will try... Oh well, atleast I tried and Nintendo actually replied with Golden Sun... I think the person who replied might even bring it up to NOA and make someone new develop the game or something -_-

#26   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                      • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:41 PM

I emailed Camelot. I could share the exact email, but,y'know...no. It was "Strongly suggesting," they make their newest release a third to the Golden Sun series, and pointing that it the series made a lot of money for their company.

I also posted a link to the forum, to this very topic, aswell, and told them we were keeping hope alive that they would come through and make a third GS.

I sounded corny too. :D

#27   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:12 PM

Me too, I gave them a link to this forum, (ofcourse assuming the staff speaks english.) I emailed them yesterday finally. I hope they email me back. Oh lord, please make them speak english.

#28   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                          • Joined: 22-January 05
                                                          • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                                          • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

I hope they do speak english, I need another Golden Sun, Im addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:51 PM

I was addicted =P

Still no reply from WebmasterX, anyone recieved any email from him or actually emailed him?

#30   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                              • Joined: 04-October 04
                                                              • Location:Winnipeg, MB

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:18 PM

I'm sorry to ruin the fun but 70% of the games Camelot has produced to date are Mario sports games. Off memory, they are the producers of:
                                                              Mario Power Tennis
                                                              Mario Golf: Advance Tour
                                                              Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
                                                              Mario Tennis Advance

and of course the games we love, the GS series. Don't get the wrong idea though, I would love for a GS3 to come out. I will send a message to Nintendo requesting a game. In my opinion, though, if there were going to be a GS3, I think we would have seen a trace of something at E3 '05.

#31   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                • Location:Aussieland

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:55 AM

Bloody hell people, you wouldn't see any trace of Revolution games at E3 because Nintendo didn't reveal anything!!!

And sending heaps of childish emails begging for sequals will do NOTHING. The best you will get is a few generic responses before they block you. If they don't reveal anything to big Japanese magazines, what makes you tihnk they're going to give in to a few begging emails from some obsessive teenages?

And I don't really care if they make a new Golden Sun or not really, just as long as they're working on their own RPG ^^. Thinking about it now, it's probably better if they leave GS as it is.

#32   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                                  • Posts: 10,366

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:24 AM

Agreed. I think Camelot would do well to make a new RPG or RPG series. I'd look forward to that and it's not like GS didn't have a happy ending!

#33   Shikonaurum 

• Lord
                                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 258
                                                                    • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                    • Location:Virginia
                                                                    • Interests:Slacking, the intarweb, gaming, sleeping. The likes.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:35 PM

Happy by whose standards? Isaac's, or Alex's?

Anyway.

I do see the point in not begging or sending e-mails or anything, since it is probably futile and in vain. But then, on the optimistic note, you never know. *shrug*

And just curious, but how many people actually buy Camelot's Mario sports games?

#34   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                                      • Posts: 10,366
                                                                      • Gender:Male

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:42 PM

Hehe, definitely not me... <.< >.>
                                                                      Alright, alright, I bought Mario Golf: Advance Tour. Great game actually, you all should try it.

As for the happy ending, considering Isaac was the main character the whole time, you can assume it was his happy ending.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic