• You cannot reply to this topic

Another Small Story

#1   Neo 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:25 AM

Another one. This one is a very serious one.

*I didn't use the real names.

----------------

How would you react when you suddenly felt the cold steel of a gun against your head?

I don’t know, I never got a gun pointed at me..

My friend did…

The last time I spoke to him, was that evening, half a minute before I heard the shot. We were with a group of six, eating at a small restaurant near the docks. The smell of fish, carried there by the wind, together with the scent from the kitchen and the light of the candles on the table made it a perfect night. We had just finished dinner, and we were waiting for our ice-cream to arrive. A nice cold beer made the finishing touch.

“Ah, delicious. Now where is that ice?”

“Be patient, Lance,” replied Jane.

Jane was the beauty of the group. There were also two other girls, Alice and Michelle. Alice was pretty too, but not as beautiful as Jane. She wasn’t only beautiful, but also funny. She always drank too much, and got drunk quite soon. Earlier that day she crossed the river with her clothes on just to get a beer from two guys who fishing on the other side. She came back with a six-pack, which made us all happy. She just changed clothes in font of us, which made Michelle a bit angry, but caused us three guys a good laugh.

With three guys I mean Erik, Lance and me. Erik was the most experienced from the group, but Lance was a hunter too. I usually remained a bit calm, but ofcourse, a few beers and vodka’s later I usually got a bit more loose. Lance had a relation with Jane some time ago, and though the broke up, they are still very good friends.

Well, back to the story; The ice-cream finally arrived, and while the empty beer bottles were being taken away, we threw ourselves at the ice. The only one who didn’t have any ice was Alice, who never liked milk-products.

When we were finally done, we paid the bill – which was extremely expensive – we took our scooters towards the shore. We went past the beach, and drove up a small path along the water. At the end there was a small bench, surrounded by sand, and then lots of rocks. Luckily we still had our swimming clothes on, because we suddenly felt an urge to jump into the water. While walking over the sharp rocks, the girls didn’t wanted to walk further over the “knife-sharp rocks”. Thus we carried them into the water. To take revenge for being a burden for us, they had to feel the cold water first. They didn’t really had a choice, since we just threw them in.

We stayed in the water for several minutes, but it was way too cold, so we quickly ran out – well, ran? Not really. The rocks were way too sharp for that – and wrapped ourselves in our towel.

“Damnit, I forgot my phone!” Lance suddenly yelled. He had left his phone at the restaurant, and now grabbed his scooter.

“I’ll be back in ten minutes… if I find it.”

We heard him drive away, but about half a minute later the sound of his engine suddenly stopped. The shore was quite long, so there was no way he could have reached the restaurant by now. (The shore made some sort of turn, so we could hear the sound of the scooters all the way to the restaurant). We didn’t saw him at the restaurant either. I took my own scooter, and went the way Lance went. Not much later I saw his scooter on the middle of the road. I stepped off, and went there…

“Lance!” I yelled. I heard that the rest followed me on foot.

“What’s wrong?” Michelle asked, but I couldn’t answer. I was stunned… I saw something at the side of the road. It looked like a shoe.

Slowly I started walking towards the point where the shoe stuck out. The rest saw it took, and followed me. At the moment I stretched out to see what it was, I fell forward. I already yelled at the moment I hit the ground.

I had seen his body, behind the bushes. The look of it was just too much for me. His eyes were still open, and his mouth too. He had a scared look on his face, and under all the blood, I could see a dark hole. His whole upper body lay in blood. Two seconds after I started yelling, I heard Jane. She made a sound which was between yelling, crying and something else. She dropped herself next to me, but turned the other way. She couldn’t watch that way, where his body lay. The rest saw it too, and one by one they started yelling. Erik got some sort of mad, and ran back to the place where we left out clothes. I don’t know what he did next.

I grabbed Jane, and held her tight, trying to control her shaking. It didn’t worked, maybe because I was shaking just as much. We sat there, the whole time, till the ambulance came. It seemed that Michelle was able to control herself a bit, and took out her phone to call the ambulance.

I was taken home by the police, though Jane didn’t want to let me go. Thus we went in the same car, which took us both home. I managed to stop Jane from holding me, and promised her I would visit her the next day – if I would be able to. I

I ran inside, ignored my parents who started asking questions, and ran straight up to my room. I locked the door, and threw myself on the bed. I cried the whole night. The next morning it seemed that the police officer informed my parents, so they didn’t asked any questions. Without doing my hair, washing my teeth or doing anything else, I grabbed my bike – My scooter was gone… maybe the police took it because I wasn’t 16 yet, and didn’t had a license – and went straight to Jane. Her parents let me in without questioning, and I walked the stairs to her room. She still lay on her bed, sleeping. I dropped myself next to her, and threw my arms around her. I think it was because of a sudden flash of that sight the night before, but suddenly started crying. Jane woke up, and though she didn’t cried – though not that I could see – she held me. It was some sort of relief, and not much later I was able to control myself. Together we went to the rest of the group, and latest to Lance’s parents. We rang the bell minutes long, but or his parents weren’t home, or they refused to let us in.

The weeks that followed were just all chaos. The police visited me for driving a scooter without being 16 or having a license. The same went for Erik. Joyce, Michelle and Alice got visits for being influenced by alcohol, and not being 16 yet – same went for Erik and me – and it seemed the police forgot Loran totally. The funeral was one day of crying, embracing each other and talking about what a nice guy Lance was. I found they were so calm because they caught the shooter, and didn’t really cared about Lance. The shooter only got 5 years…

We managed to get back on our normal lived, though that empty spot always remained there, somewhere inside of us. That night what Lance died made the rest of us some sort of closer. We went doing stuff together all the time, we spend less time with other people, and we always went to his grave together to place flowers.

#2 Guest_Jack_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

That's great stuff. I spotted about three spelling errors. Good nonetheless.

#3   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

That was really good, It was really descriptive. :P

#4   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Auck.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Long, and good. Very nice. I like long stories. Nice job. Wait.... was that an actual event? In your life. Because if it is, I'm sorry.

#5   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

Great Story, Neo. It seemed all too real to be made up. That's what makes it good. Keep it up, it's excellent work.

#6   Neo 

• Disciple
            • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:03 AM

Sorry to dissapoint you, but no, it isn't real. Well, part of it is real. The first part really happened, a few ago actually, but the death scene didn't happen. So for those who are wondering; yes, Jane (I wont real name :P) did change clothes in front of us. We're going to the same spot again this evening :(. this time better equiped.

#7   Eugine 

• Master Adept
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

I couldn't read all, but from what I read. All I can say, you can write MUCH better than me. Keep it up, great from what I read.

#8   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:25 AM

Very moving, I'd like to see some more 'serious' stories around.

#9 Guest_Moon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:52 AM

Exellent story lots of describing words long and interesting.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic