Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ideas Here My ideas and other ideas posted here

#1   GaretFire 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

Hey all, here is my idea. Maybe the team should have a battle system (not the turn based system). U just like run around with ur weapon and like slash ur enemy around by pushing a certain attack button. To do some spells u just like hotkey the the spells like ragnarok would be a mini sword crashing in to ur enemy but the enemy would be able to dodge it. But that probably would take a long time to have in GSW, but i would like that u could run around the area and attack someone. Other than that another idea is like having a quest mission given from the towns folk. Since its just game where u just play mini games and chat with other people, i thought it would be a good idea for the team to add the quest mission. U just solve a few puzzles like moving a few blocks to a certain area to unlock a door to a new area. And that is it for today.

Please add any comments about this or any ideas here.

#2   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:31 PM

O.o
      Anyways, many people have suggested a different battle engine. However, it would probably be a really bad idea to have a real time battle engine just because that there will be stupid people running around trying to kill everyone else. Personally, I think if there is a battle engine it should be true to the game. Plus, where are we going to get overworld attack sprites! As far as I remember, there aren't any.

As for the quest mission, this is actually a really great idea, IMO. We could do these on weekends or something and it'll be like, just for forum members that are committed and we do different jobs. However, there is a problem. The world in GSW is a lot smaller and a lot more basic than the world in the game, so quests would be limited and probably pretty boring.

#3   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:37 PM

ooo...didn't see that comin for the killin people around part. Maybe i forgot to add that when ur doing that, 1st off, u cant step out a boundary once once in the duel, 2nd, u cant go and kill people that are not in duel, and 3rd u cant uh...dont know. As i matter of fact, if i remember correctly in GS:TLA, at the top and last part of the Jupiter tower,there is actually a part where the GS:TLA party turns into fighting stance in the world (not in the battle). They bring out there weapons, unlike GS. But the problem would be how to make them attack, like slash and all that. Well, for the quest mission over time the world would get bigger and would be different towns and areas by that time like porbably like 2006 or 2007. IF they were to put a quest in GSW, i suggest a old person ask u to find something, like a book at his friends house.

#4   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:44 AM

For the battling, maybe they could make a house and only there you could battle. But Max said that if they do add a battle system, it would be like the games. And I think that's better.

Also, I think it was already suggested that quests be added. That would be awesome but... I don't think it'll happen soon.

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • Group: Moderator
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:42 PM

As for the sprite problem, you don't HAVE to have an overworld animation for attacking.

What I'm saying is, the weapon (lets say a sword) can just swing in front of your character on "it's own". The character doesn't have to move at all, like how the character doesn't have to lift a finger to hold balloons.

Like so:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1/example5jz.jpg

EDIT: But anyhoo, Max doesn't want an overhead battle system like this. Personally, I'd like to just have something chaoctic and fun like this. It doesn't actually have to be battling with HP or any of that stuff, but ah well.

#6   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:27 PM

I still think the classic GS battle system would be best by far.

#7   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:35 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Sep 26 2005, 05:42 PM, said:

As for the sprite problem, you don't HAVE to have an overworld animation for attacking.

What I'm saying is, the weapon (lets say a sword) can just swing in front of your character on "it's own". The character doesn't have to move at all, like how the character doesn't have to lift a finger to hold balloons.

Like so:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1/example5jz.jpg

EDIT: But anyhoo, Max doesn't want an overhead battle system like this. Personally, I'd like to just have something chaoctic and fun like this. It doesn't actually have to be battling with HP or any of that stuff, but ah well.

I didn't say there was a overworld animation for attacking, just an animation for the fighter stance, and there are animations for the characters of GS: TLA but not character animations for GS.

But hey, the classic GS battle system is best out of all people who say a different battle system. Just expressing my ideas for the future version.

#8   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:50 PM

1. I don't think there will ever be a battle system for GSW. Max has made that pretty clear.

2. This would be total chaos, not to mention it would make it lag a lot with 30 people all battling at once.

3. is typing out Y-O-U really so hard?

#9   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:23 PM

View Postel_Sethro, on Sep 28 2005, 01:50 PM, said:

1. I don't think there will ever be a battle system for GSW. Max has made that pretty clear.

2. This would be total chaos, not to mention it would make it lag a lot with 30 people all battling at once.

3. is typing out Y-O-U really so hard?

Great...they're not putting a battle system...then it's prety much pointless to even post battle system ideas. Though it would make the game lag, all we got is a game where you can just talk with other people. Wow...I've seen other games where you can do that. Btw, typing Y-O-U isn't that hard, I just use u as a smaller version of you.

Also, where did you get that information. How do you know they are not putting a battle system in the game?

#10   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                      • Group: Moderator
                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/forum/i...ndpost&p=214233

o.o;

No need for this topic anymore I suppose. Anyway, GSW is more of a chat sorta thing anyway. Except you can walk around. =D

#11   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:15 AM

Oh, we should be able to dream, WD, don't be such a downer.

#12   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:12 PM

Well I can kiss my battle system ideas good bye UNTIL Max puts in the battle system.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • This topic is locked