• You cannot reply to this topic

In Royal Service

#1   Neo 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:12 PM

This is chapter 1. I already finished chapter 2 a few minutes ago, but I will post that one tomorrow.

---------------------

Chapter 1 – Prologue

"It's damn hot out here, you know that?"
    "Yes, sir," He replied, formal as always.

Two days ago they left the encampment, and still no sign of life. According to the map, they were near the border of Kindra. According to their eyes... they were not.

Samuel Griffin, Captain of the royal guard of King Namma, ruler of Kindra, stood there, next to his tent, watching over the empty plains. He was forty-three years old, and had seen more battlefields then every other soldier in king's service. His sword, which he had been wielding since his eighteenth birthday, lay next to him on the ground. His armor, black and unbreakable, was inside his tent. It was too hot to carry something like that on such a warm day.

Snare Goldblood, Master-Sergeant in the army of King Buthara, lay on the ground, next to Samuel. This young Sergeant -- he was only twenty-one -- was one hell of a soldier. He did what was asked of him, he never asked questions, and he was always formal. You would never hear him swear, or laugh at a joke without permission. He had no sword, he lost it a few days ago. He had no armor, which he also lost... at the exact same time as his sword. Snare was a good soldier, loyal, friendly and a great fighter. But he was also dumb, and usually forgot most things he saw or heard.

Besides the Captain and the Master-Sergeant, there were three other soldiers in the group. Two of them were in service of King Buthara, and one, the loyal companion of Samuel, was in service of King Namma.

The two in service of Buthara were normal soldiers, just the kind of types you would expect to see. Serious when there were superiors around, and when they weren't around... they were like children. They had no mercy with their enemies, and they thougth it made impression when you would kill your enemies in the most brutal ways. Samuel hated those two.

The other soldier, however, was not like the rest. Blidget was his name, and although he was a normal private, he spoke to Samuel like a personal friend. He was, just like Samuel, forty-three years old, and fought many wars together with his friend. Blidget had been promoted few times, but lost the ranks because he just wasn't a leader. He could not give orders, but he was the best at following them. Blidget never complained, and he did what was needed to be done. He was serious while being on duty, but when not, he was just a nice guy always ready for a good chat. He tried to kill his opponents as quick as possible, without giving them any pain.

The small group packed their luggage, and were ready to go.
    "Well then," Samuel sighed, and pointed towards a small path leading towards the horizon. "Let's see where that road leads."

#2   Neo 

• Disciple
      • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:12 AM

forgot to post Chapter 2, sorry! -- please add some comments people!!

----------------

Chapter 2 – The Road to Kindra

Three days and two nights had passed, and still no sign of a path to the border. They did find a mountain, but it was a lonely one, and nobody could tell which mountain it was.

“It looks a bit like Mountain Urhad, but that cannot be, since Urhad is located on the other side of Kindra,” Blidget said.

And so they kept walking on the road, past the mountain, for days and nights. The reason why they had to expedition on the first place was actually unknown to all, but Samuel. King Namma himself had given Samuel the mission to take one man, and go to the Kingdom of Uraha, where King Buthara was the ruler. Once he would reach that place, he had to search for a man called Snare Goldblood. He was a Master-Sergeant in Buthara’s army. Samuel had been given permission to get Snare and two other soldiers.

That was the part everybody knew.

The other part was, as said before, only known to Samuel. The reason why he had to take Snare from Uraha, was that he could be the key to victory, against Uraha itself. The two countries had been in a war for centuries, but it was very calm the last few years. Snare had secret information in his head, which even he didn’t know of. It was some strange kind of amnesia, and only Namma knew how to get the information out of him. It contained information about Buthara’s army, about his castle – the weak points and secret passages --, about Buthara himself and all the tactics the army used and loads of other information.

But, unfortunately… they were lost.

“What’s that?” One of the two soldiers suddenly yelled – his name was Ruffus.

“It seems like some sort of village, but we are too far away to know sure,” Snare said. He started walking faster, and so did the rest of the group. Samuel kept walking, however, since he already knew where they were, at the moment he saw the village. He sighed of relief.

“That is the Village of Murad,” He said out loud, so everybody could hear him. “That is our path to Kindra.”

#3   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Sorry for not posting.

Neo, one thing I must comment on is that you have an exceptional good English language for not being English born.

About the story, I'll read it sometime tommorow fully.

#4   Neo 

• Disciple
          • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:40 AM

Thanks, Eugine. I'm doing all I can, though I still think I must learn lot's of words, grammar and spelling.
          Here is chapter 3, enjoy!

--------------

Chapter 3 – A new companion

As they got near the village of Murad, they noticed several farmers working on the hard, burning ground. None of the men knew how these farmer could work on such territory, but still it seems they did quite good. Several large green plants were standing on a large scale field, and a few feet further they saw some type of vegetables. A strange barrack was placed on the other side of the road. They saw multiple soldiers walking in and out, and sounds of metal was heard.

Samuel continued his way, not paying attention at the surroundings. He wanted to get trough this village as soon as possible, before…

“By Adisa, it’s you!”

Too late. Samuel shook his head, and turned to the field where the shout came from. He saw a man dressed in farmer’s clothes, but that was only a disguise. The Lieutenant was always dressed as a farmer, to mislead people. Usually the travelers were rude against the local villagers, but against soldiers, and especially officers they were very friendly.

“Hello, Brick. Long time no see,” Samuel answered, less enthusiastic as Brick.

The Lieutenant came closer, and embraced Samuel like an old friend. Actually they were old friends, but since their last meeting Samuel preferred avoiding Brick, for personal reasons. He thought Brick would be mad at him, but it seemed he forgot what happened. Brick also greeted Blidget, since they knew each other too. Blidget liked Brick, and he never had any problems with him.

“So, Samuel, what brings you to this godforsaken place?” Asked Brick, still smiling.
          “I was just on my way trough. We need to get back to Kindra as soon as possible. I’ve got an important package for the King.”
          “Ah, a package. Let me guess, a spy this time? It must be that one over there,” said Brick, pointing to Snare, who looked surprised by the man’s knowledge. But Samuel knew Brick well, and the man always knew what was going on. Nobody could keep secrets for the Lieutenant, and especially not Samuel.
          “It seems you are still as cunning as you used to be, Brick. Why don’t you come with us to Kindra, so I can inform you. It will do you good being out of those farmer’s clothes.”

As said, Brick came with the group. When he appeared in armor, with the Lieutenant stripes on them, everybody expect Blidget and Samuel were surprised, but none asked questions.

And so the path continued, towards Kindra.

#5   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

yeah, it IS good, I'm impressed

Is anyway still updating their fanfic's though cause there havn't been new chapters for a while

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic