• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Possible Quake Ii/age Of Empires Easter Egg? Need some Q2 techies' help here

#1   Adam 

• Knight
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

Okay, so I was playing Age of Empires (the first one) with the volume turned off, 'cause it was nighttime, my parents and siblings were asleep, and my headphones were broken. I bump the volume dial and WTF ^_^ Quake II music B) :huh:

So I check it out, and I see that I left my virtual CD image of Quake II mounted...that, of course, accounts for the music being vaugely in memory at the time, but how did it get into AoE? Since AoE came out after Q2, is it possible that that was an easter egg, in case you had both AoE and Q2 discs in at once? Or is that just my DAEMON Tools screwing up its emulation?

At any rate, could someone tell me where the CD music is located? I heard on the Internet that Q2 uses CD audio (assumably *.CDA files), but there aren't any on the CD! Is one of the files just re-extension'd so the average layman wouldn't go "OMG IT IS TEH Q2 MUZAK!!!1" and rip them away? Or am I missing something?

Also, I used my handy 'ol PakExplorer to open the *.pak files, and it's not there either.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic