• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Future

#1   Neon 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

What's going to become of GSW? At the moment it seems no work is being done on the project, and I think that's quite sad since it's an excellent project with huge potential. Max, are you still interested in this project or have you given up on it? If you don't want to work on it anymore, you may as well just make it offical, it wouldn't hurt anyone. But if you're still interested and plan on working on it in the near future, what do you have planned and how can we help? ;)
    I'd love to see GSW reach completion (by completion I mean playable with all the main features in place. With things like this there's always more to add :)), and would help out in some way. I'm sure others would too.

What i'm trying to say is, is this project still going ahead, cancelled completely, or on ice for an indefinate period of time? And if you're still going to work on it, what can we do to help? ^_^

#2   Max 

• Administrator
      • Group: Admin

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

I've told various people over IM the past few months, so I might as well tell you all. GSW is not cancelled, it is simply stalled. AveneR is busy working at a real game development studio, and he doesn't have enough time to help out anymore. He had wanted to do some major upgrades to the GSW engine, but we've never had time to actually get to that.

If another skilled Flash developer would join the team then something might happen with GSW in the next few months, but otherwise I feel it will be stalled until the spring when I have some more time.

#3   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

I've read in all your updates that you were delaying working on it until both of you had time, but I still wanted to clarify cause you might have lost interest or whatever since your last update. I also wanted to see if there was anything we could do to help, maybe take some of the work load off you and AveneR with simple things like graphics or some other minor aspect.

Best of luck :(.

#4   Max 

• Administrator
          • Group: Admin

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the support Neon. We haven't lost interest by any means, it is just a matter of time and resources. We have all the sprites and such, we know what we want to do, we just haven't had the time to do it. I'll talk to AveneR sometime over winter break and see what his current status is.

#5   Blink 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

I finished my flash course this semester already, but I don't own a copy of flash. Right now, I'm focusing more on another program, Dark Basic which is all coding, in something like BASIC, but I might end up buying a copy of Macromedia Studio 8 for over the summer, just not right now. I'd be able to help you guys out then, not too much, but I could probably figure out on my own how to add in more junk to extend the entertainment value, using what you already had to incorperate more minigames or something.

No, I'm really not too experienced at Flash, but I would be willing to try and help once I buy the program, if I do.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic