Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dead Or Alive: Official Topic. Not for kids. That means you.

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

I've been playing DoA3 for sometime and I'm hooked to the game. I hear Dead or Alive 4 is out in stores and now I am deciding if I should pick up the Xbox 360 so I can play this game. Besides that I think it would be cool to hear what you guys think of this fanchise since I hear Dead or Alive 4 will be the last DoA game. Post away.

#2   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
      • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:56 PM

DoA2 made me change from a Tekken fanboy to a Dead or Alive Fanboy. it was that good. The storyline in DOA2 was obviosly written by a 3rd grader though. It sucked balls. But the charcters were all cool to use and ofcourse the tit bouncing is good for a laugh.

#3   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
        • Interests:.5% per annum.
        • AKA Spam King

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

I'm a kid. You mocking me? Huh? Huh?

#4   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:55 PM

I know what you mean MR. I just thought this was another Rumble Roses game but the fighting system and great visuals really make this game stand out. I guess the fine girls in this game is just a added bonus.

#5   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
            • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:02 PM

I don't know much about 3, but I've played DOA2 to the bone. Nearly every costume for every character, and all the other jazz etc that you ca unlock/ use to show off that you kick ass at it.

At first I really disagreed with grabbing/ getting grabbed while attacking system, but when I learnt how to actually do it well, I came to realise what a great feature it was. (I can't remember what it was called exactly. "Holds" I think)

Anyway, Ein was my favourite guy, and Kasumi was my favourite gal. What about yourself?
            I think I've used Ein 300-400 times other the years and Kasumi about 200. Goes to show how much I played this back then.

#6   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Ein(Hayate) is a good character but I perfer Hayabusa(Ryu) From Ninja Gadien Black to Ein. I also like Jann Lee with his Bruce Lee moves and sayings. The best female character has to be either Kasumi or Christie. I also like to use Tina or Ayane.

#7   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

Heh, Jann-lee uses the style "Jeet kune-do" which was founded by Bruce Lee (I think). I bought a book on it to try and learn the style. Funnily enough, it doesn't show you how to do that awesome flying kick that sends your opponent to the other side of the screen.

Ayane to me was always very hard to use. But get a good rythem happening and your opponent won't get a move in. Damn she's fast. And I never really liked using Tina. Ever.

Hayabusa is ok, but I can never that get that long sting in where he throw's his opponent up, teleports to them and them slams them into the ground.

The main reason I like Ein is because he reminds me of Hwaorang from Tekken. Infact, they look the same, fight just about the same and both kick alot of ass when I'm at the controls.

#8   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                  • Group: Moderator
                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

ED: The Xbox 360 is like, impossible to get right now. D:

What about the sequel to Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball? (...)

#9   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

I've heard that the 360 hasn't been selling. I saw like 3 at best Buy on boxing day and it was already 2:45 PM. All the other systems were gone.

On-Topic: I was doing some exercise with Tina and Ayane and I don't get what one of the arrows mean. The exercise mode is where they give you all of the characters moves and you try to pull all of them off. One of Tina's move require me to do a 90 degree uprise on the d-pad and link it up with a grab. I can't seem to pull it off.

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic