A New Gs Fanfic

#1   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

Wow, its been a REALLY long time since I did any fanfic. well, this is a new one, not one of my old ones. if ya wanna know, aummarie is pronounced like "ah marie". I haven't thought of a title yet, nor a main story line.

don't ask me why the spaces are so big, they just are and I couldn't change it.

Chapter 1: what's an adept?

Her heart was racing; her vision was blurry. Her legs begged for rest, but her feet would only obey her will. She couldn't stop running.

"Shrink!" she shouted, but nothing happened.

Part of her wanted to scream as secretly, in her mind, she was beating herself down. "Dammit! You coward Aummarie! Stop running from your fears and face him!"

She stopped. She turned around and fired at him.

"TIDAL SWIPE!"

A shadowy figure dressed in a red cloak fell back as the huge gush of water threw him against the hard, rocky ground. Aummarie then walked over to him and pointed her rod towards his chest. The end of it was a sharp, jagged sapphire and the silver rod was carefully crafted with intricate patterns and designs.

"Careful where you point that thing, missy, someone could get hurt!" the half man, half werewolf smirked and moved the rod with his paw. But that was his mistake. She immediately pointed it back at his chest. The sapphire on her rod glowed along with the sapphire crystal she wore on a necklace.

"You better tell your kind to leave me alone. Oh wait, that's right-" She stabbed him with her rod then closed her eyes while he writhed under it. Once she was sure he was dead, she continued, "-you won't be seeing them again." She tapped his body with her rod and he disappeared.

The wind that was mixed with pieces of dust blew violently, stinging her every wound, howling in her ears, and watering her eyes. Strands of her aquamarine hair, that once was neatly braided, now flew aimlessly in her face, impairing her vision even more. She had to get through these mountains, but the weather was making that almost impossible.

"Where are we? Ivan, can't you use reveal to get us through this windstorm?" a female voice echoed through the storm.

'Yes! People! I should warn—wait, what if they're lycanthropes?' Aummarie hid behind a large rock that jutted up on the side of the narrow mountain pass. "Shrink!" she whispered, and she soon became almost 10 times smaller as she was before. 'Well NOW it works!' she thought as she rolled her eyes.

The voices seemed to get closer and she heard a deep male voice. "I wonder if there's a cave anywhere near here…"

There they were. 'Yes, they're people! I should warn them!' She waited until they passed then whispered, "return!"

"Wait!" she shouted.

"Huh? Wha- who are you?" a red headed young man shouted, alarmed when saw the blue haired girl dressed in a tattered cream colored tunic, a blue turtleneck underneath, a leather belt, and tan leather boots.

"My name is Aummarie, I should warn you. There are lycanthropes in these mountains. Not the friendly kind, the vicious ones."

"Oh crap, looks like we're in for more than we came for." The short, blonde haired boy said, perplexed.

"Where did you come from?" a red headed girl spoke up.

"I…uh… I was hiding behind that rock."

"Impossible, you're too big – I mean, not to say you're fat – to fit behind there!" the red headed boy looked at her skeptically.

"Well…uh, I can crouch down to a pretty small size. I wasn't sure if you were going to be a lycanthrope or a human."

"Your hair…" a girl, whose hair was the same silky aquamarine color, walked up to her. "Are you a mercury adept?"

"A what what?" Aummarie looked perplexed.

"A mercury adept. One who wields water powers. Oh excuse me, we should introduce. I'm Mia. These are my friends Garet, Jenna, Ivan, and Isaac." As Mia calmly introduced everyone she pointed to them.

"Nice to meet you, Aummarie. We should really try to find some shelter though," urged the taller blonde haired boy, named Isaac.

"Well if you're going to go anywhere, I would advise not to continue up the mountain. That's where I've run into a lot of evil lycanthropes. Their tribe must be close by up there."

"We're all exhausted. Our psynergy is practically depleted. I say we use retreat. Then we can get the others to come with us." Isaac suggested.

"Good idea. Lets rest up and wait for the storm to pass." Ivan shook his head in agreement

Jenna sighed, "We've come all this way just to go back. Oh well. I guess it's better than going on."

"Aummarie, would you like to come with us?" Mia looked back to see that everyone was okay with what she offered.

"What's retreat?" the perplexity on Aummarie's face only increased.

"Just trust us. We'll explain once we get to the inn." Garet reassured her.

"okay…" Aummarie followed them. "What do I do?"

The five of them joined hands and left a space between Mia and Jenna. "Join hands and close your eyes, concentrating on the thought of 'retreat'"

She put her rod in the holder that was strapped around her back, and then obeyed. Before she knew it, she was standing at the entrance of a city called Kano.

"Whoa, it worked! Are you guys gifted with powers too?" Aummarie asked with a suspicion that she was right.

"Yeah, come on, let's get out of the storm. We'll explain later." Jenna said, a little anxiously.

The group of six ran to the inn to get out of the treacherous storm that was coming down the mountain. As they walked in, she saw a blue haired man, a brown haired man, and blonde haired girl. The blonde had her leg wrapped in cloth, and propped up in a chair.

"We saw the storm coming and hoped you guys weren't planning to go through there." the brown haired said with an indication that, when he saw them burst through the inn door, it was a huge sigh of relief.

"Who's this?" the blue haired man asked

"I was just about to ask the same thing" the blonde reciprocated his question

"This is Aummarie, we found her—actually, she found us in the storm. If it weren't for her, we might've gone ahead and gotten ourselves into a lot of trouble." Garet impulsively introduced her.

"Hi Aummarie, I'm Sheba." The small blonde waved

"My name is Felix, nice to meet you." The brown haired one introduced him.

"And I am called Piers. You wouldn't happen to be a Lemurian, would you?" The one that had blue hair like hers asked.

"Nice to meet you all. Now, why are people asking me if I'm some weird…whatever?"

"Oh, a mercury adept?" Mia replied

"Yeah, that."

"An adept is a person that wields certain powers. Piers and I are Mercury adepts because we naturally wield water powers. Felix and Isaac are Venus adepts because they wield earthen powers. Garet and Jenna are Mars adepts that wield fire powers, and Sheba and Ivan are Jupiter Adepts that wield wind powers. Our power is called psynergy. It's a lot like chi." Mia explained.

"So I guess that makes me a Mercury Adept…I faintly remember…"

"Excuse me?" Mia asked

"My parents were travelers. We traveled all over Weyward. But one day, something happened. I don't know, I was knocked unconscious and I lost a lot of my memory. I only remember faint images, and I do remember the face of a lycanthrope. When I woke up, I found these people, which from my journals, told me were my parents. My mother's staff was glowing, and so was my necklace. Unfortunately, a lot of my parents' journals were worn, and I couldn't find out where I was from. The sight of my parents torn apart like that was just…too much for me to bear. So I ran. I didn't want any parents, and I quickly learned how to hunt and protect myself. I knew how to read, and how to cook. So I got a job and soon got my own place. If we ever get out of this storm, I'll take you all there!" Aummarie explained

"But do you remember your parents saying anything about being mercury adepts?" Ivan asked

"Very faintly. I remember them saying 'you'll turn out to be a good mercury adept' or water adept; something like that."

"Alex and I were the only ones left from Imil. Piers, is it possible she's a Lemurian?" Mia pondered

"Anything is possible, and that's more probable." He responded

"What's a Lemurian?" Aummarie asked

"I'm a Lemurian. Most mercury adepts live in Lemuria. Our waters are supposed to delay aging as long as we drink it. The only way into the city, though, is tough, and not many get past Poseidon, the great water beast. But most likely, if you're a water adept, and you have blue hair, you're a Lemurian." Piers explained then added, "say, do you know what your parents names were?"

"Irene and Adam"

"Holy mother of mercury! You're Irene's daughter?" Piers' eyes widened in pure shock

"uhh…yeaaah…why?" Aummarie felt like crouching down under a rock for some odd reason.

"The reason your parents were travelers, was to get away from the—oh god it makes sense now!" Piers paced around in circles

"Just spit it out!" Jenna whined impatiently

"Your parents were very powerful. And I do remember my parents telling me about a tribe of lycanthropes that were after some people in Lemuria. Your parents fled from city to escape! King Hydros wouldn't tell us why he permitted them to leave. Now I realize he wouldn't tell us so in case the lycanthropes asked us where your parents were, we wouldn't know! Oh god, everything is making sense now!" Piers seemed more excited than miner that had found gold.

"Piers, you're starting to act like Kraden." Jenna teased

"So…I'm a Lemurian, you say?" Aummarie asked half to herself, and pondered it as if it were unimaginable.

"Flesh and blood, my dear! And if they had enormous power, I wouldn't be surprised if you do too."

"Wow…Half of this huge mystery of my life has just been solved in one setting; enough about me though. What are you guys up to? How did you all meet?" Aummarie asked, as if she wanted to forget all that she had been told.

"Well your parents were travelers, so in their journals, did they say anything about Lighthouses?" Isaac asked

"No, but I've seen them before; Beautiful things, really. Say…you guys wouldn't happen to be the ones who lit the beacons, would you?" Aummarie nodded

"You bet." Garet nodded

The eight of them explained to her how the elemental stars were stolen from sol sanctum, and how they ended up wanting to light the lighthouses to restore Weyward back to its normal size.

"Wow, so now that they're lit, why did I find a group of strong warriors like you, stuck in a bad windstorm in the mountains?" she asked, teasing a little.

"We were trying to get over the mountain to see the progress of Weyward's re-growth. A lot of towns were destroyed during the rise of the Golden Sun. We're out to see if any towns need help rebuilding. But since we're—well, I don't want to sound stuck up—strong, and it would be a dangerous mission, the people of Vale sent us." Isaac explained.

Aummarie looked over at Sheba, who had been pretty quiet during her whole discovery. "Yeah, I can bet it's pretty dangerous."

"But you can help us. Since you're a mercury adept, you're one of the best healers of all the elements." Felix chimed in

"Me? Heal? I don't know how to do that. All I know is tidal wave and shrink (And return)." Aummarie said solemnly. She really wanted to join this group. They were kind, and most of all: they were just like her. Everyone else in her life rejected her as a freak.

"Mia and I can teach you. Once you know you have the power, it comes naturally; Mercury adepts are natural born healers." Piers explained

"Wait, if she's a mercury adept, then that means we could learn tidal wave; but what about shrink and return? I've never heard of that one." Mia continued, "But…Remember Alex used teleport, and he didn't know how to do that when I knew him. Somehow Aummarie and Alex were able to learn different psynergy."

"Who's Alex?"

"Only the most deceiving adept yet." Felix sneered

"Oh yeah, I remember you guys mentioned him."

"He wasn't always like that though. Alex and I were the last of the mercury clan in Imil; we were the town healers. One day he just…disappeared. Then when I met Isaac and his friends, I saw him on the lighthouse aerie. He teleported, and I knew that he couldn't do that when we were younger. He became power hungry over the course of the time he was gone, and his main goal was to achieve the power of the golden sun." Mia explained

"Ouch." Aummarie could see a little bit of sorrow in Mia's blue-green eyes

"So what do you say, would like to join us on our little quest?" Isaac looked around to see if everyone was in agreement. By the various nods and smiles, he could see they were.

"Oh really? You would let me join you all? Oh thank you! I'd love to!" Aummarie clasped her hands together and for the first time in what seemed years, a wide, bright smile formed from her mouth. She bowed in front of Mia and Piers and said, "and I'll try my hardest to become a great healer!"

aaand thats a wrap. :P

#2   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

=).

Soon as I saw your name under the topic name I said to myself, "She better be the topic maker. D: She hasn't written in a long time."

You still have it, Icy. :3

Although, you have Aummarie rush through topics, and in her questions, she seems to know too much. o.o

Oh, and Kudos to you for not starting it out with Alex in Mt. Aleph. Talk about first original fan fic in a LONG time.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic