[Answered]Plot Details

#1   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:.5% per annum.
    • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:01 PM

Is GSW going to have some sort of plot to it? Also, will the game be constantly updated to expand this plot?

#2   Neon 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:12 PM

Think of GSW less as a MMORPG and more as a ineractive chatroom. The core idea is to make a fun, community based game. There will be no plot, questing , or fighting. Though the last 2 have been discussed quite a lot in the suggestions forum...

This post has been edited by Neon: 08 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:53 AM

I don't think the makers should be thinking about quests and battling and plots at the moment because then it will take longer for GSW to be finished. All I want to do is chat! In an interactive sort of way!

#4   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

lol, yeah.
          Max has already stated (heaps of times because nobody gets the hint, lol) that any battling or whatever will not be implemented until after the basics are finished. The main focus of GSW is the community, so until all the community related features are finished nothing else is being done.

#5   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

I don't think this should ever reach the level of an MMORPG, I agree with Aqua, I just want to see an interactive chatroom. That would be cool in itself.

#6   Omair 

• Knight
            • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

Maybe a few HOLIDAY quests should be put in or something to have a Pumpkin or anything else to do with the holiday near your username or something if you've completed the quest. But really, this is just supposed to be an interactive chatroom, nothing fancy.

This post has been edited by Omair: 19 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

#7   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:55 PM

Don't get too complicated. I don't think Quests will be focused at this point. It's too much like Maple Story. Besides, there's nothing much that can be done that could be used as a quest goal except earn coins at the moment.

#8   Max 

• Administrator
                  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:27 PM

As has been said, there won't really be much of a plot in GSW at least until future versions. The point/idea behind GSW is that it will be an interactive world where people can talk, play games together, and maybe battle (someday in the future). Quests and such might be something we will consider down the road, but that's not really in the spirit of GSW at this point in time.

#9   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Battling still seems too WotA, though. Maybe it should be a slightly different battle system if ever we do so.

#10   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

MD, if GSW ever gets a battle system, it will be a complete replica of the real GS/TLA battle system, with the full 3d rotation effects, psynergy/summon animations, and icon navigation. We are striving to make the walking system as close to the real thing as we can, and believe me when I say that we wouldn't even consider adding a battle system unless it was as close to the real one as we can make it.

#11   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                      • PipPipPip
                        • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                        • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:40 PM

View PostMars Djinni, on Jan 22 2006, 02:07 PM, said:

Battling still seems too WotA, though. Maybe it should be a slightly different battle system if ever we do so.

What did the Wota battle system look like...You meen it wasnt anything like the gsw one?

EDIT: sorry md i did not meen to put gsw i meant gs. I wasnt thinking. But hopefully a awesome battle system gets put into the game.

This post has been edited by isaac2112: 24 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

#12   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

GSW does NOT have a Battle system.

Wota had a pretty wierd system that was kind of low-key. If ever GSW has a battle system, I have no doubt it will be better than any replicated battle system to date.

EDIT: I think we need to get this topic back on track, really x.x

This post has been edited by Mars Djinni: 24 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

#13   Blink 

• Disciple
                            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

I never got to see WOTA in action with battles...though I could run around the town <_<

But that's for another topic.

Anyways, considering the game needs a battle system to have gameplay, I think we won't see plot til we see a battle system.

#14   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                              • Group: Moderator
                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:45 AM

Unless Max and AveneR were to implement an OVERWORLD map (which isn't likely, if you've played GSW you'll know why this couldn't be done very well), I don't think we're going to see a PLOT anytime soon.

Although that would be interesting, it could serve as a "portal" between those town maps we saw during the contest.

But a server system would be better for this.

#15   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:38 PM

Let me sum up everything that has been said and then close this:

There probably won't be a plot unless we add a battle system, which we have not decided to do yet at this time (though we may investigate the possibility). If we were to have a plot, we would probably not have the traditional overworld, but some kind of warp system to move between maps (towns, dungeons, etc.).

But it we decide to add some kind of story or plot, it will be announced on the site. Topic closed.

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • This topic is locked