Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Really Happened At Mercury Lighthouse

#1   Thor's Adept 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:17 PM

In Golden Sun 1, during the battle at Mercury Lighthouse, Saturos got weakened, but Garret didn't receive any harm, even though they are both of the Mars element. Maybe it was because Garret was allied with Mia, Mercury Adept and guardian of the Lighthouse. Since Saturos was considered the enemy, only his powers were weakened.

Nice theory huh? Post your thoughts here. :P

#2   Lord Raenef 

• Lord
    • PipPipPipPip
      • Interests:well, uhm...<br />1. art<br />2. bowling<br />3. reading my mangas..<br />4. playing video games..<br />5. &lt;.&lt; boys<br />6. &gt;.&gt; stuff..<br />oh.. and just so you know.. I&quot;M A GIRL!

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

View PostThor, on Jan 16 2006, 01:17 PM, said:

In Golden Sun 1, during the battle at Mercury Lighthouse, Saturos got weakened, but Garret didn't receive any harm, even though they are both of the Mars element. Maybe it was because Garret was allied with Mia, Mercury Adept and guardian of the Lighthouse. Since Saturos was considered the enemy, only his powers were weakened.

Nice theory huh? Post your thoughts here. :P

._. Garets powers were probably weakend.. Garet was just on the more powerful side...

#3   The Lord of the Morning 

• Squire
      • Pip
        • Interests:Not in any particular order:<br /><br />Golden Sun (obviously)<br />Roleplaying<br />Dungeons and Dragons<br />Druidism<br />Enviromentalist Activism<br />Writing (my fiction novels)<br />Fantasy Fiction<br />Anime<br />Manga<br />Reading in General<br />Marine Biology<br />Classic Literature

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

I don't think that Camelot really thought about that...

Anyway, in theory Garet must have also weakened, but his powers only weakened perportionally to his max power; therefore, since Saturos is extremely powerful, his power dropped dramatically, and since Garet wasn't so powerful, his power dropped only slightly.

#4   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Veterans
          • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

I think that it's because Saturos is a member of the Fire Clan of the North who train in Prox, the guard city of the Mars Lighthouse. Even unlit, the lighthouse stands as an edifice of fire's power, which allows the fire adepts of Prox to gain exceptionally srong psynergy. Since Saturos gained his power from a lighthouse he was affected more by the beacon. Since Garet didn't, he was unaffected.
          I've thought of asking a similar question. Why don't Isaac, Garet and Sheba get the PP recovery when fighting next to the beacons of Venus, Mars and Jupiter during their respective aerie battles? I suppose that the conclusion that it only affects adepts that came from the lighthouse's guard city would be applicable here. Considering that it only affected Saturos and Mia, who came from the guard cities of Prox and Imli. But there is a cutscene that implies that Sheba came from Anemos, the Jupiter guard city, and yet she was unaffected by the Jupiter beacon. I suppose that title has passed to Contigo now, and she was brought up in Laviero (spelling?) not Anemos, but still... Hmmmm, maybe I'm overthinking it. Well I hope the answer to your question was found in my ramblings somewhere.

This post has been edited by Platinum Sun: 17 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

#5   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
            • AKA Horasu

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

View PostThe Lord of the Morning, on Jan 16 2006, 02:39 PM, said:

I don't think that Camelot really thought about that...

Anyway, in theory Garet must have also weakened, but his powers only weakened perportionally to his max power; therefore, since Saturos is extremely powerful, his power dropped dramatically, and since Garet wasn't so powerful, his power dropped only slightly.

That sounds like the most logical, and is my theory as well.

#6   Omair 

• Knight
            • PipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:05 AM

I agree with The Lord of the Morning. Maybe Camelot DID think about it and Garret's max attack went down or something?

#7   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:43 AM

I think its when Mia lost her virginity, but hey your opinion works too. >_>

Seriously though I would have to say that it weakened Garet and Saturos. But since Saturos was stronger, he lost more power. =/ I think. Its been awhile lol.

#8   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:00 PM

I think that Garet was weakened but not as much as Saturos was.

#9 Guest_Sheik-Team Hyrule_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

Saturos was weakened, but Garet wasn't affected at all. Another interesting note: On top of Venus Lighthouse, when it is lit, Saturos and Mernardi both get revived, and yet Garet and Isaac don't recieve any bonuses. It would be cool to see what it would be like to fight with a fully-powered Earth adept! Isaac would totally whip some Fire Adept butt.

#10   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

I think it would have been more fair if at Mercury Lighthouse, Garet's powers were weakened. It would also have been awesome if Isaac would have got bonuses at Venus.

#11   catastrophe 

• Knight
                    • PipPip
                      • Interests:I SHALL REVEAL NOTHING

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:55 PM

What happened at mercury lighthouse is garet was unaffected because of 1 of 2 ways

1. the game makers really dint consider it

2. saturos was very close to the becon while getting pounded by 4 people and a super strong mia

As for the venus lighthouse, when they threw the stone in they were able to channel the energy comeing from it as fire and earth have a bond plus they knew what the ywere doing and how to do it so they knew how to use the power (after all they can merge into a giant dragon)

#12   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

I think that pretty much sums it up, there was just an overlook on the part of the game creators.

#13   Isaac702 

• Gallant
                        • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

Maybe they didnt consider it or maybe they did and intended to clear it up in the Goldensun 3 that was going to be on the Gamecube ( then it was canceled ofcourse )

#14   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

View PostSheik-Team Hyrule, on Feb 9 2006, 10:07 PM, said:

Saturos was weakened, but Garet wasn't affected at all. Another interesting note: On top of Venus Lighthouse, when it is lit, Saturos and Mernardi both get revived, and yet Garet and Isaac don't recieve any bonuses. It would be cool to see what it would be like to fight with a fully-powered Earth adept! Isaac would totally whip some Fire Adept butt.
                            actually, pay close attention during the battle: Isaac and Garet both get their PP fully restored when the beacon is lit. (it is full during the final battle against the Fusion Dragon. However, Ivan & Mia get no bonuses).

it is interesting that Garet and Ivan aren't weakened on top of the Mercury/Venus lighthouses, but I figure that Camelot either didn't think about is or they just didn't feel like going to the trouble of weakening them. Or, maybe they are weakened - I've never checked.

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic