Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tales Of Legendia Discussion thread.

#1   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:27 AM

Released February 7th 2006, Tales of Legendia is the newest edition to the Tales series (those of you who are familiar with with the all popular Tales of Symphonia will probably know of it already :D) which will hit American stores near you specifically for the PS2.

Quoted from the Official Tales of Legendia site.

Senel Coolidge, a young man and adept at a special skill known as eres, and his younger sister, Shirley, find themselves adrift in the ocean amidst a cloud of standing fog.

Just as they have run out of food and are at the limits of their strength, an island emerges, approaching them with amazing speed, their small boat caught in powerful waves. When they awake, they find themselves washed ashore.

But the island isn't really an island. It's a giant ship -- a relic of an ancient civilization -- and it's home to some sinister villains, all of them intent on getting their hands on Shirley.

They call her "Merines", a legendary being who can control the ship with only the power of her mind. They pursue her for their own ends.

To save his sister, Senel and his party must uncover the deepest secrets of a legendary ship, and in the process, discover the bonds that bind them all.

For those of you who know about it already, are you planning on purchasing this game? I'm incredibly excited I must say. I've went ahead and pre-ordered a copy myself (even though afterwards I found out I didn't need to since I'm getting a free copy of it~ *neener* xP). Heard a lot of great things about it this one, and also had the privilege of viewing many exclusive footages which make it seem brilliant already. :P

So guys, what are your thoughts?

#2   Laharl 

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:research it
      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:33 AM

i thought they were just releaseing TOS on ps2 but a new one to buy aswell good times!

#3   musicman2059 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

I have a PS2, but i dunno about buying ToL. I mean, I love ToS and everything but with my parents and all I'm a bit skeptical about playing an RPG out in the open. (Unlike with my GCN, which is down in my room.)

I might just wait for ToP in March.

#4   NuMou Sniper 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

I may pick it up. Still unsure though. I think they should have kept the Tales games exclusive to Nintendo

#5   musicman2059 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Tales Games were never exclusive to Nintendo to begin with. The series is mainly on Sony systems.

#6   NuMou Sniper 

• Gallant
            • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

Alas I believe it was Tales of Phantasia that began it all on the SNES.

#7   musicman2059 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

The tales series started on the SNES, but ToP was the only game on a Nintendo console until Symphonia. (Not counting ToP GBA and the NDs of course.)

This post has been edited by musicman2059: 20 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

#8   Laharl 

• Banned
                  • AKA Dullahan

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:37 AM

Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 were on the ps1, whilst Tales of Symphonia, legendia and the Abyss will appear on ps2

#9   NuMou Sniper 

• Gallant
                  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:54 AM

I think you misunderstood what I emant. I mean that "I wish they stayed on Nintendo systems only." ;)

#10   Laharl 

• Banned
                      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:54 AM

yes beacause that's really fair on the playstation owners, Namco can make for whoever they want

#11   Neo 

• Disciple
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:07 AM

From what I've seen from the game, the graphics are somewhat dull. I know, I know... "Gameplay over Graphics", but I also played ToS a few times, and the gameplay wasn't really my style. It was unique, that's true... but I didn't really liked it. I don't think I'm gonna buy this game.

#12   The Postman 

• Gallant
                        • PipPipPip
                          • Interests:Martial Arts<br />Books<br />Games (Gamecube, PC, GBA)<br />Internet (Forums mostly)<br />Swimming<br />ME FRIENDS! OMG I HAF TEH FRIENDS! OMGWTFLOLZBBQS!!!!111shift+one!!111<br />I thinkees thatsas its!?

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:12 PM

PS2?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
                          I want it but I only have gamecube. ;) >_>
                          Evil RPG addiction. ;) >_>

#13   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

i thought they were just releaseing TOS on ps2 but a new one to buy aswell good times!

ToS was already released for the PS2... They just never released it anywhere else except for Japan...

I might just wait for ToP in March.

Ehehe, yes ToP... It's too bad they never released ToP PSX in the U.S. or in English, since it's the best version. I've played ToP GBA in Japanese. It's was ok, but I prefer the PSX version. ^^;

I think you misunderstood what I emant. I mean that "I wish they stayed on Nintendo systems only." :P

Some of the best Tales games have been on a variety of systems, and as it was already mentioned, it was never planned to be exclusive for Nintendo, even considering the first release. If they aim to profit from a larger scale, figuratively Sony would be the most logical to release it for. Even though, I personally think creating each game for a differently aimed console is a good idea (some of them even for a range of consoles)... It creates a variety in which almost every sort of gamer can experience, and enjoy a part of the Tales series no matter which console you prefer... It still gives you the chance to experience the Tales style of RP gaming. (Except none of the games have ever been released for the Xbox or Microsoft, but I can understand that.) ^^;

From what I've seen from the game, the graphics are somewhat dull. I know, I know... "Gameplay over Graphics", but I also played ToS a few times, and the gameplay wasn't really my style. It was unique, that's true... but I didn't really liked it. I don't think I'm gonna buy this game.

O_o Graphics are dull? Are you confusing graphics with the game's official art...? Because I can understand how the art may come off as unappealing at first. But the actual graphics.... Legendia is actually pretty popular for its graphics and cinematic scenes (excluding its brilliance shown through character development). This has to be the first time I've ever heard someone putting them down. But each to their own I guess... I personally think the graphics are amazing; truly something I'd pay to experience. ^^; As for the battle system, while still maintaining the same style, it is actually quite different to that of Symphonia's, and any other Tales games for that matter. I heard that it’s actually quite easier compared to the formers as well, but I’m not exactly sure about that… I think it needs a little getting used to if you're already very familiar with other battle systems, since it is a change.

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic