Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

Wow, just completed the singleplayer campaign at last five minutes ago. I'm going to try it on Hard mode later so I can unlock more of the Achievements. But anyhow, has anyone played this? I own the 360 version which is obviously the best due to the added graphical "Umph!" and plus the Achievements you can get, but of course the other versions are also worth the money if you don't have a 360. As usual, I like to add some screenshots for those who havn't seen the game, so check bellow.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 01.jpg
    • Attached Image: 02.jpg
    • Attached Image: 03.jpg
    • Attached Image: 04.jpg

#2   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

Looks awesome, sounds awesome and probably is awesome.

I think I'm getting it for the pc. Since I'm getting a new one.

HIP, HIP!!

#3   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

The game does feel quite realistic in gunfights, but towards the end it gets a bit cheesy with the whole incident involving the bad guy. Don't want to spoil anything for others so can't give any specifics.

#4   Kemosabi 

• Knight
        • PipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Reading, writing, friends, family, traveling, cooking, Japan, Germany, England.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:20 PM

Dude, do NOT buy this game for the PC if you have less than 1024 MB of RAM. I have 512 and it runs very choppy. I was like, what the heck.... My brand new computer can run Neverwinter Nights and Age of Empires III AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO LAG.... But it just simply cannot run the game. It's a heck of a RAM hog!

I guess the box said that the minimum requirement for RAM was 1024 for a reason, but holy crap.... I'm going to have to wait for more RAM or a 360. RAM's cheaper lol.

#5   Lykwid Tepp 

• Squire
          • Pip

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

Heck yeah! this game rocks! I love the online play with Xbox Live, and the "Over-The-Shoulder", view gives it a little "action pack" to it.. heh. And yeah, I'd have to agree.. the bad guy thing was a little hokey. But other than the game is awesome! B)

#6   Kemosabi 

• Knight
            • PipPip
              • Interests:Reading, writing, friends, family, traveling, cooking, Japan, Germany, England.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

I did appreciate the ability to duck and roll and slide into a position. And the movement commands are super-easy on the computer.... When it runs....

#7   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:56 AM

I disagree with the multiplayer.

Due to the fact that the singleplayer and multiplayer modes were made by seperate development teams, they ended up very differently. The singleplayer team tried to make something new, allowing you the ability to use Cyphers and taking cover with the push of your left stick. The multiplayer team took the "classic" route by just making a replica of the Multiplayer modes available in previous Ghost Recon games. You cannot take cover on multiplayer, and nobody ever uses Cyphers because they're "unfair" apparently.

I enjoyed the singleplayer, but I only play G.R.A.W on Xbox LIVE when someone challenges my clan on it. Otherwise we much prefer playing Battlefield2: Modern Combat on Xbox Live's multiplayer. Far more enjoyable.

#8   Blink 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

I have to agree, I've played through all of single player in normal, two or three missions in hard, and a month's worth of multiplayer...it just doesn't cut it for me. I really wish the multiplayer had all the single player aspects, as long as it was tweaked to be fair. I mean, the whole single player game is about cover, and the multiplayer is just a run and gun fest. Ah well, CTF is still fun, because you're camped out, which is much more like single player.

I don't really have Gold right now, cause this is the only 360 game I own, and the multiplayer just isn't good enough, so, sorry Anubis, but I won't be up for a game until something else comes out that's worth having full Live for. Maybe if I grab Blazing Angels? I loved that demo.

EDIT: I'll definately get online again when the new multiplayer maps and weapons come out. That'll be enough reason to try picking it up again, it's a great game.

#9   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

View PostKemosabi, on Jun 6 2006, 08:20 PM, said:

Dude, do NOT buy this game for the PC if you have less than 1024 MB of RAM. I have 512 and it runs very choppy. I was like, what the heck.... My brand new computer can run Neverwinter Nights and Age of Empires III AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO LAG.... But it just simply cannot run the game. It's a heck of a RAM hog!

I guess the box said that the minimum requirement for RAM was 1024 for a reason, but holy crap.... I'm going to have to wait for more RAM or a 360. RAM's cheaper lol.

I've found that nowadays, you can;t hardly run anything without a gigabyte (1024MB) of RAM. I'd at least try to get a 1 gig card to keep a few slots open, but then again, those can run pretty expensive.

Anyway, the grapphics look great. I've played Ghost Recon: Summit Strike on my friends' XBox. Is it anything like that?

#10   Kemosabi 

• Knight
                    • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:19 AM

Well, it plays more like a combination of Rainbow Six 3 and Ghost Recon 2. It's got the tactical stuff (with orders that WORK!), but it's also big on the shooter aspect. You need to have stealth, but when a firefight breaks out, you have to be able to have at 'em, too. It's a great combination.

#11   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:30 PM

View PostBlink, on Jun 9 2006, 10:37 PM, said:

I don't really have Gold right now, cause this is the only 360 game I own, and the multiplayer just isn't good enough, so, sorry Anubis, but I won't be up for a game until something else comes out that's worth having full Live for. Maybe if I grab Blazing Angels? I loved that demo.

Blink, you DO know that every Silver subscription is allowed a 3-month free Gold trial period? Basically, that means you can have a Gold account for three months, FREE.

Anyway, the X360 version really shows off the power of the console. So if you can get your hands on that one, go for it. Also the PC version should be more than enough to show off the games full potential, but I can never be bothered with PC gaming due to the whole upgrading all the time thing. I completed the game on Normal a few weeks back, I'm going to complete it on Hard to unclock the rest of the achievements as soon as I finish playing my other games.

#12   Blink 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

...odd. All I've been able to find is a one month trial edition that came with the purchase of a premium 360. Maybe it's only a 3 month trial in the UK, and it's 1 month in the USA? Either way, I'm picking up another 3 months of gold sometime soon, I have a couple games I wanna grab when I have the cash to go with.

Oh, and completing it on hard seems to be a real pain, because you can't play through story mode again, you have to do it by individual missions, so it doesn't keep up with where you last left off. Ugh.

#13   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                            • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:47 AM

Fo' real? I havn't attempted to complete it on hard yet, but I hope that's not the case since I always forget where I last was on a game. Too many to remember that kind of crap.

#14   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

Well I think you can start a new save file and have that eat up space, but set it to hard mode. Either way, it doesn't seem to let you overwrite your old Story file.

Page 1 of 1
                              • You cannot start a new topic
                              • You cannot reply to this topic