Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saturos And Menardi I can't seem to beat them.

#1 Guest_crystal_adept_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:06 AM

;) Well, I'm at the top of Venus and I'm fighting Saturos and Menardi. My guys are around lv 28 each (which I know is pretty weak) and I am currently leveling up, but I have a saved file right before the fight. Can anyone give me any tips on how to beat them? Oh, and all my djinn are with their respective adepts (I know, i'm sad :P) Oh, and I got the Thunder Crown which is awesome but when it's equipped the dude don't move. I'm not sure I understand cursed armor... can anyone help?

#2   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:07 AM

Get that thunder crown off, It's not worth the freezing in battle. Go to the sanctum in Imli and select Remove curse. As for the battle, set all Djinn to standby except for your two protective aura Djinni. (Flash and Granite) On you first and second turn, have three characters summon and one unleash and aura djinni to protect you while you're weak from summoning. Focus all attacks on Saturos until he dies and use Mia to heal as necessary. Good luck!

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

Garet's attacks are USELESS in the final battles since his elemental alignment is Mars, and Mars-based attacks are, of course, weak against Mars! So what I always did to make Garet useful was to make him unleash Flash for 1 turn of protection, then make Garet set Flash again the next turn so that I can use it again.

So it's:

Unleash Flash - Set Flash - Unleash Flash - Set Flash and repeat!

It helps ALOT!

#4   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

Even better, you can use Flash and Granite in combination so they never get a chance to attack. If you put those two djinn on Ivan and Garet, then Isaac can do damage and Mia can heal whatever health you lose. So the turns will be....

First Turn
        Isaac - Attack/Psynergy/Djinn
        Garet - Flash
        Ivan - Set Granite (if first turn in battle, attack/psynergy/djinn)
        Mia - Heal/Attack/Psynergy/Djinn

Second Turn
        Isaac - Attack/Psynergy/Djinn
        Garet - Set Flash
        Ivan - Granite
        Mia - Heal/Attack/Psynergy/Djinn

This will work great for you, because remember after you're finished with Saturos and Menardi, you still have to beat the Fusion Dragon.

Any questions? PM me. :agitated:

#5 Guest_crystal_adept_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:43 PM

Well, I beat them today, and I got to Fusion dragon, and I was doing really well up until my guys ran out of psynergy! :agitated: I used my Psy crystals and whatever but i couldnt beat it! evenetually it pummelled me. Is there any strategy to beating him and keeping psynergy at the same time? Also, i have yet to get Flash. I might try the bosses a few more times before going back and grabbing it. Djinn combos are appreciated becausei still have Isaac with all the Venuses, Garet with all the Mars, so on and so forth. Its just because i only recently got into GS and im waiting till i beat the first to start the second.

#6   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

This is not the time to start cross-classing. There are a lot of powerful classes and cool psynergies you can get from cross classing, but the base classes are the most useful against bosses since you're going to be summoning a lot. If you summon, you classes will get screwed up while you Djinn are recovering, denying you valuable psynergy. Maintaining Isaac's revive and Mia's wish is always a delicate balance. Save the uber cross-classes for long dungeons full of random encounters where you can have all djinn set. Go get Flash, and take another swing at it.

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

If you want to save psynergy, use djinn rather than offensive psynergy. Offensive psynergy can suck a lot of PP and can hurt you in the long run, especially when there's two battles in a row.

#8   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • Group: Moderator
              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

I use Psynergy as a back up for when all my Djinn are in recovery.

Yes, go back and make sure you have ALL the Djinn. Our site has a good guide, check it out:

http://www.goldensun...p=gs/djinn/list

Even better, you can use Flash and Granite in combination so they never get a chance to attack. If you put those two djinn on Ivan and Garet, then Isaac can do damage and Mia can heal whatever health you lose.
              Have you USED that strategy?? That only leaves two fighters. It would work eventually, but it would take way too long.

#9   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                • Interests:.5% per annum.
                • AKA Spam King

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:07 PM

Lengthy strategies tend to prevail in the long run. Some people just want to beat a certain boss, they don't care hoe long it takes.

#10   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                  • Group: Members
                  • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

For me, I just attack with all my djinn got. I seem to find that Isaac works best as a healer, for some reason...I dunno. I have lots of weird different classes on my other people that I spent about an hour figuring out. I almost never use psyenergy except for healing.

BTW is there any reason that Flash seems to be tons for effective than Granite? With Granite, they are doing 70s, but with Flash, they're doing like 10. Any reason for this?

#11   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

Flash and Granite protect more strongly against their respective elements. Since Saturos, Menardi, and the Fusion Dragon are all Mars, their attacks are blunted more severely by Flash than Granite.

#12   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Jul 21 2006, 01:07 PM, said:

Lengthy strategies tend to prevail in the long run. Some people just want to beat a certain boss, they don't care hoe long it takes.

Exactly my point. Mr. Crystal Adept here seems not to have very strong party members, so this is basically the only way he's going to win. It's going to take hours and hours and hours, but he'll beat the game eventually.

#13   Bexie 

• Gallant
                      • PipPipPip
                        • Interests:... Stuff?

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

For Fusion Dragon, I do basically the same as what everyone else says: Flash/Granite combo while I'm building up Protect/Impact/Resist, then I stop unleashing Flash and Granite so I can concentrate on summoning. Unleash Djinn, but I make sure Mia still has enough Djinn to use her Wish Psynergy all the time. I never used any offensive Psynergy in the Fusion Dragon battle... I just used Mia's Wish, Isaac's revive, and I made Ivan cast Impact on Isaac over and over until his strength can't go up anymore, and just have him attack normally most of the time, unless he's summoning. I do the same with Garet, seeing as Mars summons and Psynergies are reletively useless. Impact on Garet lots, have him cast his Protect Psynergy, then just make him attack. I also have Ivan cast Resist every now and then, unless I'm unleashing Djinn that have the same effect.

... Yeah. That's about it.

#14   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Location:Outside of your house with a sniper rifle a little computer and an american flag.
                          • Interests:Vidoe games, some sports

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

when i fought i made isaac a ninja and garet a dragoon and just had ivan and mia rotate flash and granite. It was long but it does do the trick.

#15   Junior 

• New User
                            • Interests:a little bit of everything and alot of girls

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

View Postcrystal_adept, on Jul 19 2006, 10:06 AM, said:

:) Well, I'm at the top of Venus and I'm fighting Saturos and Menardi. My guys are around lv 28 each (which I know is pretty weak) and I am currently leveling up, but I have a saved file right before the fight. Can anyone give me any tips on how to beat them? Oh, and all my djinn are with their respective adepts (I know, i'm sad ;)) Oh, and I got the Thunder Crown which is awesome but when it's equipped the dude don't move. I'm not sure I understand cursed armor... can anyone help?

[font=Arial Black][size=7]
                            Hey dude just raise them a couple levels im on level 26 on my game and can easily beat them also try to get all the djinn

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic